Prayers for Mike

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mike Griffin is a Vietnam vet friend that lives on our place. He came up today and wanted to talk which is rare for him. He's had pains in his lower back for a good while and has been going to the VA for tests. I knew it was about something serious.

They determined yesterday that he has stage IV prostate cancer. We prayed for him but I know he'd appreciate your prayers. We prayed for healing and for no fear.

He lives alone in a little trailer up here in the woods. He's 72 and has two sisters who are not young. He has another appointment for the 25th but to me they should get him in sooner since that's a whole month off. So I'm praying for a appointment much sooner.

He's had PTSD and I got him connected to the right group at the VA and the meds have helped him. He was calling me up at night saying we had trespassers and I'd go out of course and look. I finally realized he was being bedeviled by deceiving spirits.

I hope he's saved and when I asked him once about it he said that he'd made a commitment to God as a teen.

Isaiah 57:18-19 KJVS
I have seen his ways, and will heal him: I will lead him also, and restore comforts unto him and to his mourners.
[19] I create the fruit of the lips; Peace, peace to him that is far off, and to him that is near, saith the Lord ; and I will heal him.

Mike is a lonely simple fellow that needs our prayers and the Heavenly Father's healing and salvation. I'm certain the Lord Jesus will put him on your heart. Amen

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Amen...agreeing in prayer with you, for Mike.

Reactions: Frank Lee

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mike Griffin is a Vietnam vet friend that lives on our place. He came up today and wanted to talk which is rare for him. He's had pains in his lower back for a good while and has been going to the VA for tests. I knew it was about something serious.

They determined yesterday that he has stage IV prostate cancer. We prayed for him but I know he'd appreciate your prayers. We prayed for healing and for no fear.

He lives alone in a little trailer up here in the woods. He's 72 and has two sisters who are not young. He has another appointment for the 25th but to me they should get him in sooner since that's a whole month off. So I'm praying for a appointment much sooner.

He's had PTSD and I got him connected to the right group at the VA and the meds have helped him. He was calling me up at night saying we had trespassers and I'd go out of course and look. I finally realized he was being bedeviled by deceiving spirits.

I hope he's saved and when I asked him once about it he said that he'd made a commitment to God as a teen.

Isaiah 57:18-19 KJVS
I have seen his ways, and will heal him: I will lead him also, and restore comforts unto him and to his mourners.
[19] I create the fruit of the lips; Peace, peace to him that is far off, and to him that is near, saith the Lord ; and I will heal him.

Mike us a lonely simple fellow that needs our prayers and the Heavenly Father's healing and salvation. I'm certain the Lord Jesus will put him on your heart. Amen
We will pray!

B

Butterfly

I have been praying for your friend Xx
Will you keep us posted on how things pan out X
Butterfly

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will post. Mike was on gunboats in Vietnam. I've had several Vietnam vet friends over the years and most all have problems. Mike lived on some acreage up the road for years until it was sold. My wife and I decided he could move into our place. He's quiet and minds his own business.

I've known him for at least twenty years. Our veterans are needy.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Praying for the cancer to leave Mike's body, all pains in his body to be gone, for him to be completely healed, for the ptsd to leave him, I command the deceiving spirits to be gone, Satan to leave him alone and get away from him, and that he will be comforted by the good Lord Jesus with His love and peace, and if he ain't already saved, that he will be saved, In Jesus Name Amen.

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There's SOOO little we can do seems like compared to the needs of the world. The old song says it best, brighten the corner where you are.

Reactions: Philip James