I'm praying that the Holy Spirit would come to my Church (joining?)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi there,

So I have to confess, that I actually saw the Holy Spirit come to my Church - but I didn't recognise Him until after He had left. Sorry. Now I am begging God that He come back, so that I can talk with Him (learn from Him). I figure the best thing I can do, is pray that He comes back. I'm sorry if this is a simple prayer, but I suppose that many Churches need the presence of the Holy Spirit. So pray for all of us?

That makes sense, I hope you don't mind shouldering the burden.

God bless.

Reactions: amadeus

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi there,

So I have to confess, that I actually saw the Holy Spirit come to my Church - but I didn't recognise Him until after He had left. Sorry. Now I am begging God that He come back, so that I can talk with Him (learn from Him). I figure the best thing I can do, is pray that He comes back. I'm sorry if this is a simple prayer, but I suppose that many Churches need the presence of the Holy Spirit. So pray for all of us?

God bless.
What is more important, I believe, is for you to personally walk with the Holy Spirit, and that is easy enough to do. Just do as Paul taught (1
Thessalonians 5:17): Pray constantly.

ShineTheLight

May 7, 2021
Beaverton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi there,

God bless.

I am praying for what you desire. I hope you learn what you need to learn.

Reactions: Lambano and amadeus

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
many Churches need the presence of the Holy Spirit
ALL church fellowships need the presence of the Holy Spirit to minister to pastors and church leaders, giving then wisdom and integrity so that they can preach the truth with power and authority. Without the presence of the Holy Spirit they might as well give up.

Reactions: Lambano

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I have read all the Narnia Chronicles a number of times and went to see 'The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe' at the cinema when it first came out. I watched the evil white queen/witch turn Aslan's followers into blocks of ice with a touch of her wand. I wept.

Sitting there in the dark of the cinema I realised that this is what Satan does to many followers of Jesus. He renders them ineffective and inactive so that they are unable to fight the spiritual battles.

Then Aslan finds them frozen and lifeless and breathes on them, bringing them back to life. And this is what the Holy Spirit does for us in real life. We used to sing, 'Breathe on me Breath of God, fill me with life anew.' But mostly without the understanding of what that really means.

To be effective as followers of Jesus, as the Church, we need the Holy Spirit to breathe new life into us each day. And all we need to do is ask.

And the bible tells us about Ezekiel's vision of the dry bones and how God fleshed them out and breathed life into them so that they became a vast army.

Please God bring your Church back to life by breathing on what has become dry and lifeless so that once more your Church will be all you desire and be a light to those in darkness. Amen

Reactions: Pathfinder7

Pathfinder7

Mar 8, 2020
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
need the presence of the Holy Spirit
Good point.
---
I remember.. 'the meeting (with a few people) in a humble place'..years ago..
- a fellow walked in..and told me..later on (after the meeting)..
- "powerful presence of Holy Spirit..here"

Reactions: Pearl

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Perhaps if the pastor was encouraged in your church to preach on living a holy life and how that can be achieved, then perhaps if the congregation focused on being holy all of the time, 24/7, then there would be grounds for the presence of the Holy Spirit to manifest itself within your congregation 24/7, even when the church was not meeting together to worship God for an hour or two on Sunday.

If the congregation collectively plants themselves in God's fertile field so that all of the congregation draw their individual nourishment from God, then surprising things will begin to happen without the need to try and dance up the manifestations of the Holy Spirit within your midst.

Shalom