Prayers needed

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ChristJala

Feb 18, 2019
Virginia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
dear friends,

I am being reminded in these times of my egoistic ways. Many problems, but also so much potential.

My desires are clean but in my long term focus I lose sight of the short term and am far from being an angel.

The spiritual bad guys knowing the potential of my gifts are out to get me. I ask for your sincere prayers.

Thank you all.

Reactions: amadeus
B

Butterfly

None of us are angels, and the spiritual battle takes time to master ( a life time in fact )
Remember that for every step forward we make, Satan would want us to take two steps back - and often encourages us to think, move, reacte so that we do just that !
Remember we are the ones making the choices to listen , act ect.
I pray that you will be able to ' hold every thought captive to the Lord' and out think the enemy and proceed as you are meant to X
Rita

Reactions: Nancy

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
dear friends,

I am being reminded in these times of my egoistic ways. Many problems, but also so much potential.

My desires are clean but in my long term focus I lose sight of the short term and am far from being an angel.

The spiritual bad guys knowing the potential of my gifts are out to get me. I ask for your sincere prayers.

Thank you all.

Prayers for what?
If you are a member of a church or christian fellowship they are the ones who you should be seeking help, councel and prayers from, not from people who don't know you.

If you don't belong to a church, start looking for one. No Christian can hope to fullfil Jesus's commands if they are isolated from other Christians.

B

Butterfly

Prayers for what?
If you are a member of a church or christian fellowship they are the ones who you should be seeking help, councel and prayers from, not from people who don't know you.

If you don't belong to a church, start looking for one. No Christian can hope to fullfil Jesus's commands if they are isolated from other Christians.

Sorry, but we should be able to prayer for anyone who asks. I do not belong to a church now, and this does not limit me in serving Jesus, or growing as a Christian.
Rita

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry, but we should be able to prayer for anyone who asks. I do not belong to a church now, and this does not limit me in serving Jesus, or growing as a Christian.
Rita

As I wrote, prayers for what?
Prayer like Christianity is intelligent. Every prayer recorded in the bible is an intelligent mix of praise, confesion and request. There is never one saying 'God bless so and so.

As for limiting and growth, the natural home of a Christian is in fellowship with other Christians, encouraging them and being encouraged by them.

B

Butterfly

As I wrote, prayers for what?
Prayer like Christianity is intelligent. Every prayer recorded in the bible is an intelligent mix of praise, confesion and request. There is never one saying 'God bless so and so.

As for limiting and growth, the natural home of a Christian is in fellowship with other Christians, encouraging them and being encouraged by them.
Just because I do not go along to an actual church does not mean I do not join with other Christians, does not mean that I cannot recieve or give encouragement. Anyway, there is another thread all about that- so I will leaving adding more on that subject.
As for prayer - to me the prayer request was to help in the battle. Prayer is communication with the Lord, so therefore if a person wants to intercede on behalf of someone else that has admitted to struggling, then I can pray accordingly.
I am sorry that you do not agree
Rita

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just because I do not go along to an actual church does not mean I do not join with other Christians, does not mean that I cannot recieve or give encouragement. Anyway, there is another thread all about that- so I will leaving adding more on that subject.
As for prayer - to me the prayer request was to help in the battle. Prayer is communication with the Lord, so therefore if a person wants to intercede on behalf of someone else that has admitted to struggling, then I can pray accordingly.
I am sorry that you do not agree
Rita

I hope your and our prayers FOR YOU have been answered ♥ Church is not a building, we are to be living in the Spirit and are not ALL Christians "the Church??? This is the number one place I come now for the most encouragement and prayer. I will be posting a thread for myself for "GENERAL" prayers for His peace to reign in a situation.
God Bless you and, you have my prayers Rita.
In Him,
nancy

Reactions: Butterfly