Praying For A Wife

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

6stringedsignseeker

Mar 10, 2010
Fort Worth, Texas
I sometimes feel guilty when asking God to send me a good christian woman that I may someday marry... is this wrong? Should I be content, knowing that I have Christ's love? I've recently turned 36 and never been married... no kids and to be honest I feel pretty lonely at times not having someone to love and be loved by, someone to grow old with and grow in my christian walk with as well.

gumby

May 29, 2009
Its ok dont feel to bad im 23 and still single. The main thing i would say though is make sure the woman has good christian morals and by that i mean bible based morals.

ronniechoate34

Mar 9, 2010
I sometimes feel guilty when asking God to send me a good christian woman that I may someday marry... is this wrong? Should I be content, knowing that I have Christ's love? I've recently turned 36 and never been married... no kids and to be honest I feel pretty lonely at times not having someone to love and be loved by, someone to grow old with and grow in my christian walk with as well.

Seeker, I am forty years old and married with three kids. I can truly say that having children was a selfish act that I'm now praying for deliverance from. I raised my children while I was under the influence of drugs and demonic entities.

I would fall asleep in my food at dinner time, I would hallucinate, rant and rave constantly, and I would openly hate God so much that I would give sermons at dinner with a Bible in my hand shouting about how much hatered God had toward us, and all the while I'd be shaking my fist and cursing Him. The things that I did were unspeakable. That was before the divorce. And the jail time, and the homelessness, and don't forget the jails.

Nowadays I'm a saved man. God put my marriage back together and delivered me from addiction, and devils. But that's fairly recent past. What about all of the years of neglecting my children and their spiritual health? Prayers are only only answer because I can't undo what I've done to them. Do I feel responsible for what they've become? You bet I do.

Sorry for high jacking your thread.

To answer your question about children. Personally I don't believe children are a good idea unless you plan to teach them wholly in the things of God. And you teach them to shun the things of the world.

Lu:23:29: For, behold, the days are coming, in the which they shall say, Blessed are the barren, and the wombs that never bare, and the paps which never gave suck.

WhiteKnuckle

Mar 29, 2009
Nothing wrong with what you want.

I love my wife and my kids. I got married when I was 18 we had kids when we were about your age. I'm now only 33.

God knows what's best and if that's in his plans for you it will happen at just the right time. Be patient and don't settle just because you're in a hurry. Take your time.

6stringedsignseeker

Mar 10, 2010
Fort Worth, Texas
Nothing wrong with what you want.

I love my wife and my kids.  I got married when I was 18 we had kids when we were about your age.  I'm now only 33.

God knows what's best and if that's in his plans for you it will happen at just the right time.  Be patient and don't settle just because you're in a hurry. Take your time.
well i'm not really hurrying... it's more like I'm tired of waiting  :lol:

shmity72

Feb 17, 2009
hey there...i got married for the first and last time at the age of 37. i'm 38 now. she's out there you just have to keep faith and an open heart i think...oh and thanks for replying to my post earlier.

~Jason

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
The best way to become more 'eligible' as a Christian man is to make your own walk before the Lord the most important thing in your life, feeding on and becoming more knowledgeable of the Word of God, day by day, and in peaceful harmonious fellowship with other Christians in a local church where the Bible is taught faithfully, and seeking to testify to others. If the Godward aim comes first in your life, then the other circumstances will be taken care of by our gracious Father in His good time.

Reactions: Miss Hepburn

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well now Mr. 6stringedsignseeker,

Now that I have my laptop back after 3 weeks I can continue with my Dear Christian Abby/ Miss Know-It-All Free Advice---
This is how I see it : Ask God for whatever you wish. (Except for not getting caught robbing a 7-11.)

Wanting the most life can give is what we are here for. Abundance came right out of Jesus' mouth, afterall.

Know that you already have it -ask and thank Him for it - because it is just a matter of time. What is a year or two for the perfect lady to cross your path?
Never be impatient with the Lord.
As far as God's Will - Always know He wants you happy. Never leave room for doubt in your mind. She's out there getting ready for you. When you're
expectin' a baby before your wife's pregnant ---you still built the nursery...

If you want tips as how to find that perfect lady - that can be given by Miss Christian Abby upon request. ;)

:) Miss Hepburn

Reactions: Miss Hepburn

revdw76

Jan 12, 2010
Richland City, Indiana

There's nothing to feel guilty about. I'm almost 46 and have been asking God for a wife and kids since I was 18. Nothing yet but I hope someday. Of course maybe I'm afraid to have them. I don't want to raise a family like I was raised. Living on nothing much. The best year my dad ever had he made a little over 5000.00 for the year. not a whole lot to raise a family on even in1976. So I have said I won't have a family till I can afford them.

Cheer up, if it's God's will, it will happen.
biggrin.gif

6stringedsignseeker

Mar 10, 2010
Fort Worth, Texas
Well now Mr. 6stringedsignseeker,

Now that I have my laptop back after 3 weeks I can continue with my Dear Christian Abby/ Miss Know-It-All Free Advice---
This is how I see it :   Ask God for whatever you wish. (Except for not getting caught robbing a 7-11.)

Wanting the most life can give is what we are here for. Abundance came right out of Jesus' mouth, afterall.

Know that you already have it -ask and thank Him for it - because it is just a matter of time. What is a year or two for the perfect lady to cross your path?
Never be impatient with the Lord.
As far as God's Will - Always know He wants you happy. Never leave room for doubt in your mind. She's out there getting ready for you. When you're
expectin' a baby before your wife's pregnant ---you still built the nursery...

If you want tips as how to find that perfect lady - that can be given by Miss Christian Abby upon request.  ;)

:) Miss Hepburn
Well, I don't need tips on how to find the perfect lady, because I myself am imperfect. Someone with faults such as myself, and willing to work through each others faults and improve on those faults with would suffice  ;) 

stephannee77

Apr 4, 2010
FLORIDA
im in the same boat....im 33 and still single....not that that's a bad thing....i always thought that i would be married and have kids by now but that wasn't in the cards....i still pray that i will be married and have kids soon.
smile.gif

sniper762

Sep 5, 2007
carefull! i prayed for one once and satan transformed a demon into an angel of light and slipped her in.

Brother Mike

Sep 16, 2008
The Spouse is to be a help meet for you to do the plan of God. Everyone is called to do something, as we are all part of the Body.

Getting married is not selfish. It's God's plan and design. However we have to look!!!! and be Spirit Led.

Pro 18:22 Whoso findeth a wife findeth a good thing, and obtaineth favour of the LORD.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010

-- God said to seek Him in all things.

Of course you should ask God to help you find a good Christian woman.

He loves you and wants both you and that woman he has for you to be happy.

sniper762

Sep 5, 2007
how many times has one believed that god sent them a GOOD wife (look at jim and tammy baker), and later their marriage turned bad?

god does not send one a mate. the measure of the marriage comes from how each person lives there lives. some start out to be not so good then later find god or vice versa.

one should stay true to god THEMSELVES. god will not hold one's mate's actions towards them.

Brother Mike

Sep 16, 2008
Sniper762............................ cmon man!!!! God sends em right???? The Scripture I gave is, you must go find..........

I can also give lots of scriptures about the will of God, and being Led by the Holy Ghost.

Now here is the issue that some folks are going to have. Let's say God did send them, and it was the will of God. However, like you said...................... someone goes Bad........... There goes the election doctrine, and God must have made a bad choice or do People screw things up, not God?

Now Jim Baker is a pretty awesome guy. He lives up the road from me, and does his show here in town. It would seem like a nice guy to marry if you were a lady.

Years back though................. God blessed Jim with a awesome ministry called the PTL Club. Jim was blessed, but Jim was doing things that God did not approve of. God sent people to Warn Jim, but Jim was hard headed. Now sin destroyed everything, including the marriage. Jim even got cancer while in prison. What a mess.

So, both couples must stay focused on the plan of God, or the marriage is going to fail. I have been though adultery in my own marriage, and tons of other things. Just by the grace of God though, it's getting better and better now after 18 years.

Jesus Is Lord

sniper762

Sep 5, 2007
what im saying is that god doesnt send you A GOOD WIFE. he helps you choose one, but as you have stated, what starts out good doesnt necessarily stay that way. is that god's fault?