Praying question

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do we pray for people that aren't of Jesus fold, ya know people that aren't confessed Christians?

Jesus said this:

John 17:9 “I pray for them. I do not pray for the world but for those whom You have given Me, for they are Yours. 10 And all Mine are Yours, and Yours are Mine, and I am glorified in them.

I know that in order for an effective prayer to heal someone God desires to be glorified, and I see that that does not always happen. But still maybe in some way it does?

How do we effectively glorify God for healing us? We tell people that we have been healed perhaps. And for people that know they are prayed for, God has glorified himself in the person healed at least.

Thoughts?

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know that in order for an effective prayer to heal someone God desires to be glorified, and I see that that does not always happen. But still maybe in some way it does?
How do we effectively glorify God for healing us? We tell people that we have been healed perhaps. And for people that know they are prayed for, God has glorified himself in the person healed at least.
Even if the person receiving the healing does not glorify God, if the one who prayed at the very least says "Thank you", God is glorified.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Even if the person receiving the healing does not glorify God, if the one who prayed at the very least says "Thank you", God is glorified.
Well if we can find out they are healed then I think God is glorified in the witness.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do we pray for people that aren't of Jesus fold, ya know people that aren't confessed Christians?

Jesus said this:

John 17:9 “I pray for them. I do not pray for the world but for those whom You have given Me, for they are Yours. 10 And all Mine are Yours, and Yours are Mine, and I am glorified in them.

Thoughts?
This reminds me of: Luke 5:18-20

18 "Some men took a man who was not able to move his body to Jesus. He was carried on a bed. They looked for a way to take the man into the house where Jesus was. 19 But they could not find a way to take him in because of so many people. They made a hole in the roof over where Jesus stood. Then they let the bed with the sick man on it down before Jesus. 20 When Jesus saw their faith, He said to the man, “Friend, your sins are forgiven.”

It wasn't this man's faith that healed him but, the faith of his friends. So, I would pray for believers and non believers. Jesus did say to pray for all people:

1 Timothy 2:1-3

2 "Therefore I [a]exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men, 2 for kings and all who are in [b]authority, that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and [c]reverence. 3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior,"
:)

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This reminds me of: Luke 5:18-20

18 "Some men took a man who was not able to move his body to Jesus. He was carried on a bed. They looked for a way to take the man into the house where Jesus was. 19 But they could not find a way to take him in because of so many people. They made a hole in the roof over where Jesus stood. Then they let the bed with the sick man on it down before Jesus. 20 When Jesus saw their faith, He said to the man, “Friend, your sins are forgiven.”

It wasn't this man's faith that healed him but, the faith of his friends. So, I would pray for believers and non believers. Jesus did say to pray for all people:

1 Timothy 2:1-3

2 "Therefore I [a]exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men, 2 for kings and all who are in [b]authority, that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and [c]reverence. 3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior,"
:)
I think 1 Timothy 2:1-3 answered my question. I just didn't feel right not praying for people that aren't Christians. We should pray for them that they become Christians I think.

Zachariah

Mar 20, 2023
Belief in government = belief in slavery.
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Jesus said this:

Thoughts?
Prayer is always personal. It is a ritual to manifest the spirit of God inside of us when we are defeated. To bring courage and faith.

Truth is always simple and elegant.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think 1 Timothy 2:1-3 answered my question. I just didn't feel right not praying for people that aren't Christians. We should pray for them that they become Christians I think.
Yes indeed Dev,
When I pray for my very worldly nieces and nephews and neighbors or whoever, for salvation, I pray for God to remove obstacles that are blocking them from "seeing". And to have mercy on their souls.