Preaching is worship?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Jesus's ministry was 3.5 years. And He was crucified, the last DAY of His Life, prior to The Resurrection.
So, Obviously, He could not preach that He was crucified, for the 3.4999 yrs, before it happened.

Do you comprehend?
Do you understand this?
Does your cult?

Listen,
Paul's Gospel is the "Preaching of the Cross'', So, until Jesus was on it, there was no CROSS of CHRIST that could be given as this MESSAGE that is "The Gospel" that is "Christ CRUCIFIED".

So, Once Christ died on The Cross, and was resurrected from the Dead, you then have The GOSPEL.

However, the way this Gospel is given to be PREACHED....., was delivered to PAUL, after Jesus was back in Heaven.
And Paul gave this "Gospel of the Grace of God" that I preach, and that any real Christian will preach....to the body of Christ, that is to be delivered "in the Time of the Gentiles" as Paul is the "apostle TO THE Gentiles"... and we are still IN "the time of the Gentiles'.

If you own a bible, then read...

2 Corinthians 5:19

John 3:17

As that will explain to you @Matthias in greater detail the meaning of "Preaching THE Cross".

You‘re a study in what happens when a preacher who advises people to ignore what Jesus preached meets a preacher who advises people to listen to and believe what Jesus preached.

Let the reader decide which preacher is guided by the devil and which is guided by Jesus.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
You‘re a study in what happens when a preacher who advises people to ignore what Jesus preached

Ive not advised you or anyone to do anything but understand that The Cross of Christ is the Gospel.

Ive over 250 Threads here on the Forum, and over 12,000 Posts, and the majority of them Talk about the Cross of Christ..

So, do Understand..

A.) NO CROSS... No Salvation

Ive been sharing it with you in a few posts now, for your benefit.

@Mattias, You'd do well to figure that out, and receive it, before Hebrews 9:27 comes for you.

Its coming.

And if you get the revelation of = THE Cross of CHRIST.... that is what ive been showing you now in a few posts, then be sure and share it with all your Family and all your Friends, and give Jesus ALL the praise Due Him.

Remember that i told you.

-B

Last edited:

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Listen to, believe and obey Jesus. The cross of Christ isn’t opposed to it. It’s all part of the one gospel.

The devil, desiring all to perish, will tell us otherwise.

Reactions: amigo de christo

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
“It is the Spirit who gives life; the words that I have spoken to you are spirit and are life.”

(John 6:63)

It isn’t the Spirit of God who tells us “ignore that.” It’s the spirit of the devil who does.

”Lord, to whom shall we go? You have words of eternal life.”

(John 6:68)

It isn’t Peter who tells us to ignore the words, the gospel, that Jesus preached. It’s the devil who does.

Don’t believe the devil. Believe Jesus.

Believe also Peter, Paul and all of the apostles. They aren’t working against Jesus and his preaching. They preached what he preached. “My gospel” (Paul) is “his gospel” (Jesus).

The devil is active. Don’t allow him to deceive you with his “ignore the gospel which Jesus preached” message. The devil’s message doesn’t give life. It takes it away.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
“But when they believed Philip preaching the good news about the kingdom of God and the name of Jesus Christ, they were being baptized, men and women alike.”

(Acts 8:12)

Beware, readers. The devil wants to snatch away the good news, the gospel of the kingdom which Jesus and Philip preached.

And what was it that the devil said in this thread about water baptism? Philip listened to, believed and obeyed Jesus. The devil is wroth about it.

Bill Judson

Feb 21, 2024
Tempe AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's Paul's Gospel.

Jesus and His Apostles, including Paul, taught the Gospel of the Kingdom:

Luke 16:16 - The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.
Matthew 4:17 - From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

1 Timothy 6:3 - If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness;

It's the Gospel of the Kingdom of Jesus Christ, not the gospel of grace

We live in the age of grace, but the Gospel the Lord brought to mankind is the Gospel of the Kingdom

Those that follow the fake teaches of the reformers don't get this and as a result they teach a false grace that leads to the false doctrine of once saved always saved which is a license to sin

Sadly, the so called reformers failed to go back to what the Word of God teaches so all they did was muddy the waters by teaching the wisdom of men as though it were the wisdom of God.

Bill Judson

Feb 21, 2024
Tempe AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A.) NO CROSS... No Salvation

Sadly you aren't mentioning He was raise for our justification - Romans 4:25

If the Lord had not been raised from the dead, none of us could get born again so anytime the cross is mentioned, the resurrection must be mentioned along with it.

Reactions: MA2444

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
“How can we hope to see the Kingdom of our Lord advance when His own disciples do not teach His gospel to their own sons and daughters?” - Charles Spurgeon

The devil will tell us - in fact, has told us in this very thread - ignore the gospel preached by our Lord.

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“Preaching is not something that happens after the worship.

Preaching is worship.” - Pastor Josh Buice

Do you agree or disagree with his assertion?

I would say, it is worship if done in spirit and in truth.
But if you was to consider the Prosperity Preachers...that is not worship. That is the earthly job that they chose to make money at. Their motivation is making money. So technically it might be preaching, but it is not in spirit and in truth so can not be worship. One can not serve God and Mammon.

I also have learned that Prayer, is worship. even when you're distraught and begging for something. He hears it like, Daddy Save me please!! And His heart just melts and He says, yes I will.

So it all comes down to the motivation. Intent. Intent to preach what pr pray what and towards what end?
The time is here for us to worship in Spirit and in Truth.

Reactions: Matthias

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
“Worship is not the entertainment of man, but the exaltation of God.” - Steve Lawson

Preaching -> is worship -> the exaltation of God.

O'Darby

Feb 17, 2024
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It depends on what you are preaching..

So, if you are preaching that "mary the queen of heaven, is currently helping Jesus save souls by water baptism" then you are not preaching worship, you are preaching "cult of Mary".
It seems to me that everything that takes place within the walls of a church during a service, including the nursery, can properly be considered worship.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Mr E

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“Preaching is not something that happens after the worship.

Preaching is worship.” - Pastor Josh Buice

Do you agree or disagree with his assertion?

I would say it is service, which, indeed can be worship.

Reactions: Matthias

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus preached the gospel. So too did the apostles.

”Preaching is … proclaim[ing] the gospel.”

”Preaching is worship.”

Were not Jesus and the apostles worshipping when they preached?

That is more the question.

In other words, sometimes things just need to be said, yes, preached in proclamation...perhaps by obedience or obligation. Sometimes there is no real choice involved. It is motivations that vary and make preaching either worship or not.

The same is true in parenting. "If I've told you once, I have told you a thousand times", is not motivated by the same kind of love. Likewise, preaching comes in different forms, only some of which are worship. To the contrary, parenting may always be loving, but often times it's more of a responsibility or obligation than an act of love. Which is not to say it shouldn't be, and likewise preaching. Again, the motivating factor determines which it is.

Put another way, a parent does not love disciplining a child, any more than Jesus liked turning over tables and dying on the cross...any more than a preacher may like preaching a discipline while calling someone on the carpet. ... Well, maybe if you can pull off a "Let's pray" after doing so ;)

In Jesus' case, it was rather love that caused Him to do what He otherwise would have hated to do.

Last edited:

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is "worship"?

I was at a meeting of the Worship Committee (tech guy is automatically a member) when one of the newbies on the committee asked that question. She'd done some research, but the pastor shut that one down real quick. That's too bad, because I thought it was a darn good question.

I asked "Rev. Google", and he came up with

Worship is the awed response to the saving acts and praiseworthy character of God.

I like that. But I miss that sense of awe.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It depends on what you are preaching..

So, if you are preaching that "mary the queen of heaven, is currently helping Jesus save souls by water baptism" then you are not preaching worship, you are preaching "cult of Mary".

But if you are preaching that " only Jesus Saves" and "God would have ALL people to come and be saved, born again".. and The Cross of Christ is the only Way to Heaven"....John 14:6
If you are in that MINISTRY, then YES.... you are definitely giving God HIGH Praise, and Glory.
the popes would not approve of this message . but TRUE IT IS MY FRIEND

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Guess again...

Actually Paul Preached it.

The "Gospel" is that Jesus died on the Cross for your sin., and this eternal SIN offering is the Blood Atonement, that is the New Covenant, that is the "Gospel of the Grace of God".

That's Paul's Gospel.

There is no '"rest of the Gospel".

There is no Part 1, part 12, part 345.

There is THE "Preaching of the Cross" = " that is the "Power of God, unto Salvation".

And if you preach or teach that there is "another" gospel, or that there is "more to it"..... then Paul says you are under a curse.

This one.... Galatians 1:8

Paul said, "we preach CHRIST Crucified".

Do you?
Does your Cult?

This is THE Gospel, that Paul teaches as "MY Gospel"., and it was given to Him by Jesus, after Jesus ascended back into Heaven.

He later gave it to all of the Apostles, in Acts 15.

Jesus said that "Paul is a chosen vessel unto me ", who was called by Jesus.... and sent to bring the Gospel of the Grace of God "in the time of the gentiles".

This is the "Gospel of the Grace of God".

This is the "Preaching of THE Cross".

This is "Pauline Theology".

My advice to you is not to be a liar, if you can avoid it.
Start anytime you like.
guess again my friend . they ALL preached it . peter , paul , JESUS first , . they all preached the one same gospel .
and that be a fact .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A preacher is just a "brow-beating" teacher!
In more cases then not. :My2c:
many , however , use the term brow beater , as a term against those who preach against THEIR SINS and wont allow
them to feel comfy or their sins to be accepted .
i seen that term brow beater and bible thumper used against true ones . and that be a serious deadly problem .
serious and deadly .

Marvelloustime

Sep 15, 2020
Heaven bound
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
many , however , use the term brow beater , as a term against those who preach against THEIR SINS and wont allow
them to feel comfy or their sins to be accepted .
i seen that term brow beater and bible thumper used against true ones . and that be a serious deadly problem .
serious and deadly .
Brother is spotted. Praise the Lord.

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo