Predestination: A Calvinist Fairy Tale.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We know what they would say.

Yeah, the calvinists are actually saying that!

I always like to ask them how do they know they are one of the ones God decided to not save!

I've noticed that they always claim they are elect and saved... and those that aren't calvinist are not.

Funny how that works coffee-smiley.gif

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I always like to ask them how do they know they are one of the ones God decided to not save!

I've noticed that they always claim they are elect and saved... and those that aren't calvinist are not.

Funny how that works View attachment 41581
All false religions are related to Pharisaism. The Pharisees also thought that they were God's chosen ones. If you would like to see what Jesus thought of them read the 23rd chapter of Matthew.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Funny how that works
coffee-smiley.gif
That is easy!

1 John 5:13
These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All false religions are related to Pharisaism. The Pharisees also thought that they were God's chosen ones. If you would like to see what Jesus thought of them read the 23rd chapter of Matthew.
So I guess if you believe you are saved you are part of a false religion also. Good to know

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is scripture that teaches God has predestined men to be conformed to the Image of Jesus Christ.

Did you see that one yet?

In other words, when God created all men, it was His desire for them to live for Him and join in in eternity.
Misquoting scripture is bad.

Romans 8:29
For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

This is directly speaking of individuals and not mankind in general.

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Misquoting scripture is bad.

Romans 8:29
For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

This is directly speaking of individuals and not mankind in general.
All Christians are predestinated to be conformed to the image of Christ.

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Too bad ytou do not read carefully. I have given you the answer to your lie here multiple times. You need to find help to conquer this comprehension problem of yours.
Where is the scripture that says God has predestinated some to heaven and some to hell. Scripture please.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For some reason I took you for a Calvinist. Did I make a mistake? You said God marks some individuals ahead of time. Sounds like Calvinism.
I believe that the five points of Calvinism are biblical. As for the rest of Calvin theology I must answer with a firm I do not knkow if I agree or not.

But God does not predestinate people to hell. All are already condemned to hell by nature.

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe that the five points of Calvinism are biblical. As for the rest of Calvin theology I must answer with a firm I do not knkow if I agree or not.

But God does not predestinate people to hell. All are already condemned to hell by nature.
Those that are condemned to hell have rejected Christ and his Gospel. Salvation is by grace through faith, Ephesians 2:8-10. If you don't receive God's great free gift of salvation that has been provided by Jesus Christ, you will never see heaven.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those that are condemned to hell have rejected Christ and his Gospel. Salvation is by grace through faith, Ephesians 2:8-10. If you don't receive God's great free gift of salvation that has been provided by Jesus Christ, you will never see heaven.
Yes I agree 100%. Your point is?

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 John 5:13
These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

Calvinists don't believe just anybody can believe... they think God only loves calvinists and all non-calvinists go to hell.

I believe that the five points of Calvinism are biblical.
It's sad to hear you have been deceived by the scripture twisters. disagree2.gif