Premarital sex, resulted in a life handed over to the cruel one (Proverbs 5:9) - now I can't escape? (help?)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi there,

So to be frank, I had pre-marital sex and developed a sexual dysfunction (constant desire). My relationship with the person in question, is nowhere. I now don't trust myself and feel very weak about things I should be strong about (the importance of a healthy relationship, God having part of that relationship, taking up my cross to defend that relationship). It is the Devil's doing, but sometimes (at least without talking about it) he seems to get every dart he wants to pierce my armour. I even learned to stay pure, since having that relationship, but I seem to struggle at both ends of the candle.

I don't know what you can do, what you can pray - but I did ask for prayer at a Church once and it seemed to help (just not completely, being on its own). Have you ever felt stuck, and the anxiety of being stuck just takes over? That's what it is like for me!

We'll laugh about it one day, but please - in the meantime - pray!

Love,
C

Reactions: Nancy

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I think part of the problem, is that God won't let me give up on my partner. As it says in the Old Testament "Do not deal treacherously, with the wife of your youth". It's incumbent on me, to see the relationship through.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi there,

So to be frank, I had pre-marital sex and developed a sexual dysfunction (constant desire). My relationship with the person in question, is nowhere. I now don't trust myself and feel very weak about things I should be strong about (the importance of a healthy relationship, God having part of that relationship, taking up my cross to defend that relationship). It is the Devil's doing, but sometimes (at least without talking about it) he seems to get every dart he wants to pierce my armour. I even learned to stay pure, since having that relationship, but I seem to struggle at both ends of the candle.

I don't know what you can do, what you can pray - but I did ask for prayer at a Church once and it seemed to help (just not completely, being on its own). Have you ever felt stuck, and the anxiety of being stuck just takes over? That's what it is like for me!

We'll laugh about it one day, but please - in the meantime - pray!

Love,
C
You don't need more information about yourself ie, what to do and what not to do. You need information which enables you to know your Saviour.

Just as the Hebrews bitten by snakes in the desert and were dying........they were instructed to look at the serpent Moses erected on a pole .....and those that looked lived.

The ReDiscovering God link in my signature below is for the purpose of getting to know Jesus. Avail yourself of it.

Reactions: Gottservant

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You mean it's incumbent on God to see your punishment completed, all the way through, to the end?
Yeah, that is what is going to be what happens. You better hope it is not longer than you can endure.
I don't know if that's the sensitive reply I was looking for?

But you're right, relationships that fall apart, still need to be endured.

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
How so, explain?
If the Holy Spirit breathes life into it, and in the fear of God, God is praised, isn't reserving a place for God to be praised in, an act of God, in itself?

If it's an act of God, it is far above us - but that does not remove the possibility that God will forgive us for trying.

Reactions: Nancy

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My life is cruelly afflicted and I have come looking for help.
Life isn't easy that's for sure.
We all make decisions that sometimes lead us places where we rather not go.
These last couple of months have been an internal war for me.
My dad is dying and he's in the hospital and everyday I pray, let me be patient, let me be kind.
And I go to the nurses and doctors like a whirlwing out of control.
Why aren't you doing more? You should be doing this and that?

I want to control a situation I really have no control over. I can't fix it.
At some point I'm just going to have to let hime go, but I don't want to.
So I'm finding this strugle in myself. I want to do the right thing, say the right words, make them listen.
And there's nothing they can do to stop the inevitable. He's 89. He's been sick a long time.
He just had a stroke and now he has another bladder infection.
I believe even he has given up the will to stay on this earth anymore. And I don't know if I'm not the reason he is hanging on.

How to let go? How to let go and let God?

I asked God that question on the drive home today.
He said, you have to trust me.
I know it, but I can't help this desire to want to control the situation.

And my attitude has been worse than sour grapes and rotten figs.
And now when I go the hospital looking for anwers they run the other way. They try to avoid me.
Which makes me more angry.
It's like stumbling blocks set before the path at every turn.
And I realize, I'm the one putting them there.

Our emotions get in the way and we have to learn to reign them in, and put them aside, and let God take over.
It's not easy. We all have this human nature that says I can do it better. Until you understand that some things or rather all things are best left to the only one that can.

Relationships of all kinds are difficult to disentangle from. To accept the outcome as it comes.
That decision isn't always ours to make.

The thing about the armour of God is, God has your back and he also goes before you into battle.
All we do is ride the storm and he will bring us through it.

Faith and trust. Sometimes it's difficult to lean on these when we are challenged, but we must.
It's times like these when we need him the most that we ignorantly turn on backs on him, thinking we know better.

My life is about to change again. There's been many valleys and many mountains to travel through.
And these experiences if we understand them, are for our growing and learning how tolean on his strength when we are weak.

I hear you brother.
I am praying that God will show you his strength and allow you to set aside the desire to control the situation.
Sometimes we work against God without even knowing it.
It just makes it harder to get to the destination he has waiting for us, be it valley or mountain.
Only with Him can we overcome the battles.
Put your trust in Him and I will do the same, even if it looks like a losing battle,
have faith that God has already won the war.

Much Love
Hugs

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The reason being
is that you are present day,
reaping, what you have been sowing,
in the past years.
The Hebrews rebelled in the desert after being liberated from slavery in Egypt. The protection afforded them from being overwhelmed by the vipers and scorpions which inhabited the desert deliberately pushed away.

Yes, they were reaping what they sowed and now were dying from snakebite. Even in their hopeless situation God did not abandon them, he provided a way out.....and might I add, a way which seemed most illogical......yet those who looked at the serpent on the pole erected by Moses, lived.

We have a Saviour! A Saviour is one who does for us what we cannot do for ourselves.

Reactions: Ziggy

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If one leaves here and goes to be with God
then it is a time to rejoice and celebrate for it
is a new beginning from all this evil and sin down here on earth.

Now on the other hand if one leaves here and goes to hell
that is a day of mourning and weeping and despair. For
that place is even far worse than all this evil and sin down here on earth.
I'm not worried about where he is going.
I believe my problem is a selfish one. I don't want to be left alone.
It's just me and my dad. I do have a daughter but she lives quite a distance away. And she has her own life going on.

Right now I am rejoicing with him while he is alive. I went hmm it's yesterday already.. and gave him a shave, washed his face, and talked gently and smiled with him. I don't think he canreally hear me. I think he watches my face and I try not to cry.
Because I am going to miss him. And I know he has to go. But I don't want to let him go.
But I don't want to watch his body suffer any more.

I feel broken.
:(

When the Lord brings him home then I will find comfort in the knowledge he is home.
But right now I can't find it.
I can't find comfort for my flesh and that's what I have to get my focus off of. My heart hurts, my mind hurts, I'm exhausted, I feel beaten and bruised.
My spirit on the other hand knows that the Lord is in control and he's got this.

It's this conflict that I have right now that is overwheming me. But this too shall pass. As it has many times before.

Thank you for your reply
Hugs

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If God is with you, then you will not be left alone. If not then I suggest you go find a friend.
I know.
I am not alone brother. Only in the world. Not in my spirit.
Jesus is my only friend. He is my treasure and my daily bread.
He is with me all the time.
It's only times like these I feel alone because my focus is on the flesh and on the world around me instead of where it should be.

That's why I am always here. These are my friends that I have in this world.
And they help me, like you are helping me.
And it is much appreciated.

:)
Hugs

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know what you can do, what you can pray - but I did ask for prayer at a Church once and it seemed to help (just not completely, being on its own).
Gottservant, I don't know what to pray either - but I prayed for you anyway. Sometimes you need to pray for those who have no one to pray for them.