Prescription Drugs

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
So what Ducky appears to be saying is that if he was hit by a car and his leg was shattered, he would send the paramedics and ambulance away because God will take care of him.

Uh huh.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
So what Ducky appears to be saying is that if he was hit by a car and his leg was shattered, he would send the paramedics and ambulance away because God will take care of him.

Uh huh.
Haven't been to a doctor for MANY years. God is faithful. The God of the Bible, that is.

Romans 8:28 (NKJV)
[sup]28 [/sup]And we know that ALL THINGS work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.

burningfire

Mar 5, 2011
Wisconsin

I can't speak for others. Only myself. God promised to heal His own. Are you saying a broken leg is too difficult for God to heal?

No. not at all. But it would be wise to seek medical attention in areas of severe need.

Look at the story of the Good Samaritan: Didn't the Samaritan bandage up the wounds of the man half dead and take care of him? Moral of the story is to show mercy towards others. Is that not what doctors do? The moral of the story was not to just let him sit there and have God heal him.

1 Timothy 5:23 ---- No longer drink water exclusively, but use a little wine for the sake of your stomach and your frequent ailments. --- Does not talk about solely relying on God for stomach problems and other ailments, but wine.

God speaking in Jeremiah 8:22 --- Is there no balm in Gilead? Is there no physician there? Why then has not the health of the daughter of my people been restored?

I am not saying that doctors should be sought after for every little ailment ever! Because that is nonsense. But doctors and medical assistance is there and God has given those people the ability to assist us here on earth.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
No. not at all. But it would be wise to seek medical attention in areas of severe need.

Look at the story of the Good Samaritan: Didn't the Samaritan bandage up the wounds of the man half dead and take care of him? Moral of the story is to show mercy towards others. Is that not what doctors do? The moral of the story was not to just let him sit there and have God heal him.

1 Timothy 5:23 ---- No longer drink water exclusively, but use a little wine for the sake of your stomach and your frequent ailments. --- Does not talk about solely relying on God for stomach problems and other ailments, but wine.

God speaking in Jeremiah 8:22 --- Is there no balm in Gilead? Is there no physician there? Why then has not the health of the daughter of my people been restored?

I am not saying that doctors should be sought after for every little ailment ever! Because that is nonsense. But doctors and medical assistance is there and God has given those people the ability to assist us here on earth.
It has to be an individual's own choice. I have made mine, many times.

Psalm 103:1-4 (NKJV)
[sup]1 [/sup]A Psalm of David. Bless the Lord, O my soul; And all that is within me, bless His holy name! [sup]2 [/sup]Bless the Lord, O my soul, And forget not all His benefits: [sup]3 [/sup]Who forgives all your iniquities, WHO HEALS ALL YOUR DISEASES (that lets out doctors), [sup]4 [/sup]Who redeems your life from destruction, Who crowns you with lovingkindness and tender mercies,

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
Okay, or not okay for a christian to take prescription drugs??
I say it depends on the situation but most of them are dangerous chemicals and serious drugs..
Opinions?

Yes, you are correct. Most of them are do-nothing and toxic. In addition, I even question the medical establishment's view of what is considered a bad condition such as cholesterol, high blood pressure high blood sugar, etc.

In other words, it's more than just replacing meds with natural substances to get better. It's also a question whether a person has a condition to begin with. For example, I know now that cholesterol does not cause heart attacks. Also, I switched back to butter and milk with more fat in it. People were told for years that "fat is bad" only to replace it with something worse--- carbohydrate sweeteners. No wonder people are getting more cancers and heart attacks. Without fat in the diet, one can be deficient in fat soluble vitamins.

It's a long story and I can ramble on for hours, but basically take what the medical establishment believes and reverse it 180º and that's what I believe.

In the numbers game (e.g. cholesterol BP and the like), I noticed they been dummying them down a few times now so that everyone has a "problem" and we all "need" drugs.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Yes, you are correct. Most of them are do-nothing and toxic. In addition, I even question the medical establishment's view of what is considered a bad condition such as cholesterol, high blood pressure high blood sugar, etc.

In other words, it's more than just replacing meds with natural substances to get better. It's also a question whether a person has a condition to begin with. For example, I know now that cholesterol does not cause heart attacks. Also, I switched back to butter and milk with more fat in it. People were told for years that "fat is bad" only to replace it with something worse--- carbohydrate sweeteners. No wonder people are getting more cancers and heart attacks. Without fat in the diet, one can be deficient in fat soluble vitamins.

It's a long story and I can ramble on for hours, but basically take what the medical establishment believes and reverse it 180º and that's what I believe.

In the numbers game (e.g. cholesterol BP and the like), I noticed they been dummying them down a few times now so that everyone has a "problem" and we all "need" drugs.
Very interesting Tim. I learned about much of this long ago.

burningfire

Mar 5, 2011
Wisconsin
Duckybill,

I think I understand where you are coming from. You haven't been to the doctor in a long time BECAUSE the Lord has kept from being ill enough or having injury to warrant you going. Which is awesome! The last time I was at the doctor was a chiropractor because I popped a rib out of its spot when working out, that was about 6 months ago. Anything before that, I have no clue when.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010

Haven't been to a doctor for MANY years. God is faithful. The God of the Bible, that is.

Romans 8:28 (NKJV)
[sup]28 [/sup]And we know that ALL THINGS work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.

-- You were asked if you would get medical help or wait for God's healing if you broke your leg. Simple question you chose to work around.

Your implication appears to be that if someone is a Christian - truly a Christian - that something like that would never happen to them, and that if it does it is because of their shortcomings in their relationship with God.

That about right?

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
-- You were asked if you would get medical help or wait for God's healing if you broke your leg. Simple question you chose to work around.
If pigs could fly ...
Your implication appears to be that if someone is a Christian - truly a Christian - that something like that would never happen to them, and that if it does it is because of their shortcomings in their relationship with God.

That about right?
I have clearly stated more than once that Satan has stripped modern 'Christianity' of its power, and I'll add its faith. The issue at hand is why 'Christians' don't get their prayers answered. The answer:

Matthew 13:58 (NKJV)
[sup]58 [/sup]Now He did not do many mighty works there BECAUSE OF THEIR UNBELIEF.

God has answers my prayers because I believe and trust in Him.

Luke 11:4 (NKJV)
[sup]4 [/sup]And forgive us our sins, For we also forgive everyone who is indebted to us. And do not lead us into temptation, But DELIVER US FROM THE EVIL ONE."

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
So you're confirming that if a Christian is ever sick or injured and not healed, it is their own fault.

Got it. Thanks.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
So you're confirming that if a Christian is ever sick or injured and not healed, it is their own fault.

Got it. Thanks.
No, you didn't get it. God wouldn't have promised healing if there wasn't going to be sickness. But He did promise healing for we who believe Him.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
And so those that are currently suffering from an illness or an injury who have have sought healing from God but aren't immediately healed are poor Christians who need work on their faith.

No, I get what you're saying.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
And so those that are currently suffering from an illness or an injury who have have sought healing from God but aren't immediately healed are poor Christians who need work on their faith.

No, I get what you're saying.
Perhaps you aren't aware that God promised healing to His people who believe His promises?

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Sounds like the Word of Faith movement.
Just FAITH is adequate. Faith in God's promises. That's what being Christian is all about.

John 3:16 (NKJV)
[sup]16 [/sup]For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

Deuteronomy 7:15 (NKJV)
[sup]15 [/sup]And THE LORD WILL TAKE AWAY FROM YOU ALL SICKNESS, and will afflict you with none of the terrible diseases of Egypt which you have known, but will lay them on all those who hate you.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010

Perhaps you aren't aware that God promised healing to His people who believe His promises?

-- Yes, and your implication is that every single person who seeks healing from Jesus for an injury or illness but is not healed must be short on faith.

That includes the born-again, spirit-filled pastor who I have witnessed do healings in Jesus name who then broke his left arm playing softball.

They prayed over it in church but since Jesus didn't instantly heal it, it was the pastor's fault because he was short on faith.

Got it. Thanks.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
-- Yes, and your implication is that every single person who seeks healing from Jesus for an injury or illness but is not healed must be short on faith.

That includes the born-again, spirit-filled pastor who I have witnessed do healings in Jesus name who then broke his left arm playing softball.

They prayed over it in church but since Jesus didn't instantly heal it, it was the pastor's fault because he was short on faith.

Got it. Thanks.
So??? Everyone who believed in the NT got healed. Those with unbelief did not.

Matthew 13:58 (NKJV)
[sup]58 [/sup]Now He did not do many mighty works there because of their unbelief.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
I hear what you are saying:

Any person who hurt in a car wreck, a fall off a ladder, or having cancer that is not completely healed by God when they ask....well that's just because of their lack of faith.

There is no other excuse. It is all their fault.

You have made your point.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
I hear what you are saying:

Any person who hurt in a car wreck, a fall off a ladder, or having cancer that is not completely healed by God when they ask....well that's just because of their lack of faith.

There is no other excuse. It is all their fault.

You have made your point.
Or we can blame God and call Him a liar.

James 1:6-7 (NKJV)
[sup]6 [/sup]But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind. [sup]7 [/sup]For let not that man suppose that he will receive ANYTHING from the Lord;

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
You're point is made Ducky.

Any person who does not receive instant healing from God for cancer, or a broken leg, sinus infection, borneo jungle fungus, etc., is simply weak in their faith and therefore the lack of total and complete healing is all their fault.

Your position is clear.