Prescription Drugs

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
You're point is made Ducky.

Any person who does not receive instant healing from God for cancer, or a broken leg, sinus infection, borneo jungle fungus, etc., is simply weak in their faith and therefore the lack of total and complete healing is all their fault.

Your position is clear.
Who said instant? You did.

Mark 11:24 (NKJV)
[sup]24 [/sup]Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
So according to you, a broken leg healing normally over six weeks counts as a miracle.

I see your point ;)

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
Never said that. Not once.

I have seen healings, both of cancers and deformities, as well as for physical injuries.

I am just saying that I understand that you feel that if a person does not receive a total and complete healing for any illness or injury after they have asked for it, it is all due to their lack of faith.

As I said, your point is known.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
So a broken leg healing in 6 weeks, with proper splints and everything that goes with healing a broken bone, is God healing it? Or is it the way God made the human body to re-heal itself?
If you need any proof other than God's promise it's not faith. And whatever is not of faith is sin.

Hebrews 11:1 (NKJV)
[sup]1 [/sup]Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the EVIDENCE of things not seen.

Etienne

Jun 6, 2011
God does not Have to heal you. Perhaps you have a role to play in another person's life through your illness despite your suffering.
To say that you do not have enough faith when not being healed is foolish. How can you measure faith? By the amount of time passed before getting healed??

As I understand religion and God, what ever He does for us, is a Bonus! He has already given us life, died for our sins and gave us the opportunity to receive unconditional love from Him. What more do you want? Why debate over such non-sense?

OT: So the majority of the posts in here said that prescription drugs (if used correctly) is not a bad thing. Now my question is, when is a prescription drug not a drug in itself?

Difference between recreational drugs and prescription drugs? Where paracetamol can be harmful to your body and self, LSD is proven not to be destructive. (JUST A THOUGHT!)

Please share your opinions.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Any opinions?

Drugs are like everything else we put into our bodies. Some are effective and some are harmful; hopefully prescription drugs are regulated and metered out in a dose that is helpful for treating illness. Street drugs / alcohol / over the counter drugs / caffeine / nicotine can be dangerous simply because they can be addictive and taken in doses that are damaging to the body.

Etienne

Jun 6, 2011
I agree that drugs are bad. Some are addictive and some destroy tissue and some does not influence your body in a negative way, such as magic mushrooms, LSD or even DMT.

I am not telling you to take drugs, for it can be dangerous to your health as you might think that you are still a good swimmer. ;)
Psychedelic drugs are not a dependence creating substance at all! Not in the least! It can be mentally addictive to some that want to snap away from what their bad life, or feeling (anxious , fear , boredom etc...)

I am still confused about this topic though. I have prayed that God gives me the answer about this subject and went to talk to my mom about it. She told my father about the questions that i asked and he came to me saying: "all drugs are bad, mkay? anything that distorts this reality is bad, mkay?"

..But, then so is caffeine , wine , speeding in the car (adrenaline) , sugar , movies , music , where you work. :huh:

Regarding his answer / advise , i understand that i should avoid anything that alters this reality except from God. Should i then go live in cabin in the woods separating myself from the worldly matters?? :huh:

Sources:

a Few years of Personal experience, and

http://parentingteen...buse/a/acid.htm
http://www.thegooddr...d/addiction.htm

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
A couple of years ago there were about 2000 prescription drug recalls.

"
Accidental death from prescription drugs, even when they are correctly given, is now the fourth leading cause of death in the U.S."

http://www.lightparty.com/Health/HealingRegeneration/html/AccidentalDeathPrescriptio.html

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A couple of years ago there were about 2000 prescription drug recalls.

"
Accidental death from prescription drugs, even when they are correctly given, is now the fourth leading cause of death in the U.S."

http://www.lightpart...rescriptio.html

Makes me wonder how many food recalls there were, during the same time period.

discipleHelovestoo

May 14, 2011
Okay, or not okay for a christian to take prescription drugs??
I say it depends on the situation but most of them are dangerous chemicals and serious drugs..
Opinions?

no opinion to offer - just truth - 'by His stripes i WAS healed' - 'He forgave all my iniquities and healed ALL my disease'!

BUT - we aren't reborn in Christ with a mind fully renewed in this truth. If it weren't for doctors and medicines, many Christians (including me) wouldn't live long enough to renew their mind to this truth and walk in divine health.

when the best doctors in my area (who were themselves ignorant of this truth) cursed me with terminal cancer 13 years ago, when they said i'd be dead in 6 months, I got serious about understanding God's will about sickness and healing. it took 2 years for me to renew my mind to the point where i could walk away from doctors and medicine and fight symptoms of sickness in my body from the position of 'already healed' - but in the 11 years since i've not been treated by doctors nor have i taken prescription drugs of any kind - and i still have all my parts and they work just fine.

in ALL things be led - if you haven't seen the truth in God's word that you are not sick (having been healed before you were born into this world), then by all means go to the doctor and take the medicine they prescribe - as long as you are led to do so by God. but also renew your mind - you should reach a point where God's promises of divine health mean more to you than what your body is saying - a point where God leads you to NOT rely on doctors and medicine - but rely simply on His word - FAITH.

GLY!!!

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
no opinion to offer - just truth - 'by His stripes i WAS healed' - 'He forgave all my iniquities and healed ALL my disease'!

BUT - we aren't reborn in Christ with a mind fully renewed in this truth. If it weren't for doctors and medicines, many Christians (including me) wouldn't live long enough to renew their mind to this truth and walk in divine health.

when the best doctors in my area (who were themselves ignorant of this truth) cursed me with terminal cancer 13 years ago, when they said i'd be dead in 6 months, I got serious about understanding God's will about sickness and healing. it took 2 years for me to renew my mind to the point where i could walk away from doctors and medicine and fight symptoms of sickness in my body from the position of 'already healed' - but in the 11 years since i've not been treated by doctors nor have i taken prescription drugs of any kind - and i still have all my parts and they work just fine.

in ALL things be led - if you haven't seen the truth in God's word that you are not sick (having been healed before you were born into this world), then by all means go to the doctor and take the medicine they prescribe - as long as you are led to do so by God. but also renew your mind - you should reach a point where God's promises of divine health mean more to you than what your body is saying - a point where God leads you to NOT rely on doctors and medicine - but rely simply on His word - FAITH.

GLY!!!

You believe that others can curse you?

discipleHelovestoo

May 14, 2011
You believe that others can curse you?

i believe they can try (although it's not them but the devil they are yielded to - even if they don't realize this) - but it's up to me whether i receive curses or not - 'it will be unto me even as I believe'

GLY!!!

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010

GLY!!!
I have a similar story. I had cancer surgery over 30 years ago that was a total failure. I then took Jesus as my doctor. No more prescription drugs or surgery for me.

Psalm 103:2-4 (ESV)
[sup]2 [/sup]Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits, [sup]3 [/sup]who forgives all your iniquity, who heals all your diseases, [sup]4 [/sup]who redeems your life from the pit, who crowns you with steadfast love and mercy,

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have no doubt that God is the only one who ultimately heals people, but.....

I also think it dangerous to advise people to simply turn their disease over to Jesus, without a doctor or medication

For one, it could be fatal

Two, it could impact their faith - if they do not get better, they may credit the failure to their lack of faith or blame God.

It also can lead to superstitious doctrines like Christian science.

I have no problem taking medication AND trusting God.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
I also think it dangerous to advise people to simply turn their disease over to Jesus, without a doctor or medication
I didn't and wouldn't. If someone doesn't truly believe God's promise "Who heals ALL your diseases" then I don't want them to believe in my word. Doctors never could or will be able to heal ALL OUR DISEASES. Personally I believe the promises for healing are every bit as valid as the promises for salvation. If one doesn't always work then why should we believe any of God's promises? It is certainly a personal matter.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I didn't and wouldn't. If someone doesn't truly believe God's promise "Who heals ALL your diseases" then I don't want them to believe in my word. Doctors never could or will be able to heal ALL OUR DISEASES. Personally I believe the promises for healing are every bit as valid as the promises for salvation. If one doesn't always work then why should we believe any of God's promises? It is certainly a personal matter.

Good word. I wasn't addressing your post, but I am glad you clarified. I agree with you that God is the one who ultimately cures all diseases - through doctors and medicine or without them.