Principality And Power

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Colossians 2:10,

And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

For those of us who have wrestled with spiritual darkness in high places, and had some kind of feeling for the spirit realm I believe you will enjoy this verse. Staying with the theme of Christ the word let's delve into this scripture for a moment.

The key word is "WHICH"

I quote this verse as much as any other I use to express Christ in his fullness in the scriptures. But at a closer look you can see that the believers power or overcoming or strength over principalities is going to be found in the completeness that happened at salvation of spirit. I don't know about you but I grew up in Christianity that taught you how to fight the devil and rebuke everything in sight. More devil conscience than Christ conscience. But you learned some things so it was part of the growing up.
That is a hard life to live because you run out of energy trying to keep evil at bay and the devil in his place. It's alot of work to take on principalities but according to the text principalities are over ruled by completeness. Wow that should be good news to those that are wore out, unless of course you are still enjoying your devil chasing. Somewhere in your walk with God you have to start thinking about "the rest," entering into the rest, what is that? According to the text it is your completeness by Christ in you, you rest by the strength of another.

Christ is the word in you personified, the rest is Christ in you personified. He is the consummation of all things, everything is found in him, in Christ, Colossians 1:17,

And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

Your in Christ if you're born again, these things and everything you are looking for is personified in the person of Christ in you. The two are one now, you can't make yourself one, you are one by Christ in you. See how easy that is for those that believe. Those that play Christianity they will have to keep playing until they can believe the scriptures.

What did Jesus referr to when they tryed to stump him, he simply said "what do the scriptures say," what does Moses say. It is the same today, "what do the scriptures say."

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is the fulfillment of the Life you received of Him via "born again", just as people seek the fulfillment of this life in the flesh via the things the flesh is of.

basically its a submittal of let there be Light where you are in you. you can't make it happen like many think to do, you must let it happen hence the contentment of God's peace with you.

Reactions: soul man