Priority Shift: Doing it all to Homemaking

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For many people, the last few years have been the hardest ever. Fear, uncertainty, stress, and overwhelm are real threats to people's sense of happiness.

I hear often that the Christian life is one of suffering. I hear about the trials and tribulations of the saints and have been through some of them.

But I'm strangely happy. I tune out the news. I smile at people. I feel like I couldn't ask for a better life.

If God had given me my dreams, I believe I would have been miserable. I thought Id be a highly educated career-driven woman. But God had other plans.

Today I am a housewife with a disability who volunteers and is active in church. It wasn't what I pictured or what was expected of me but God has just shown so much kindness and given me so many blessings.

The mental illness turned out to be a helpful redirection into being a housewife. At first I felt so guilty for not working. Another woman commented that I wasn't pulling my weight.

But this has turned into a calling. A lifestyle that gives me room to breathe and the opportunity to serve.

I am not against women working outside of the home. But today, I feel that we are often pressured by society to do it all. To be split in many directions and to have a lot on your plate.

I think everyone is meant to do a few things well, not everything poorly.

When I was younger, I loved to take on too much. Having the mental illness was my wakeup call to having limits and prioritizing the important things over being everything to everybody.

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For many people, the last few years have been the hardest ever. Fear, uncertainty, stress, and overwhelm are real threats to people's sense of happiness.

I hear often that the Christian life is one of suffering. I hear about the trials and tribulations of the saints and have been through some of them.

But I'm strangely happy. I tune out the news. I smile at people. I feel like I couldn't ask for a better life.

If God had given me my dreams, I believe I would have been miserable. I thought Id be a highly educated career-driven woman. But God had other plans.

Today I am a housewife with a disability who volunteers and is active in church. It wasn't what I pictured or what was expected of me but God has just shown so much kindness and given me so many blessings.

The mental illness turned out to be a helpful redirection into being a housewife. At first I felt so guilty for not working. Another woman commented that I wasn't pulling my weight.

But this has turned into a calling. A lifestyle that gives me room to breathe and the opportunity to serve.

I am not against women working outside of the home. But today, I feel that we are often pressured by society to do it all. To be split in many directions and to have a lot on your plate.

When I was younger, I loved to take on too much. Having the mental illness was my wakeup call to having limits and prioritizing the important things over being everything to everybody.

Hi, I realize that I have no place to speak concerning you, but if I too have the Spirit of God please forgive and allow me to speak… For the fruit I’ve seen in you I speak thus;

No one with a relationship with Christ like you have could have any mental illness at all… What you are experiencing is the struggle of one learning to die to all things of this world….. For regardless of what doctors of this world say, Christ says He has given a sound mind…. That relationship you have with Him grabbing onto this truth will settle it in your heart if given leave to do so…

Thanks for reading, for the fruit I’ve seen in you I hope I do not offend….

Be blessed in Christ, Not me

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi, I realize that I have no place to speak concerning you, but if I too have the Spirit of God please forgive and allow me to speak… For the fruit I’ve seen in you I speak thus;

No one with a relationship with Christ like you have could have any mental illness at all… What you are experiencing is the struggle of one learning to die to all things of this world….. For regardless of what doctors of this world say, Christ says He has given a sound mind…. That relationship you have with Him grabbing onto this truth will settle it in your heart if given leave to do so…

Thanks for reading, for the fruit I’ve seen in you I hope I do not offend….

Be blessed in Christ, Not me

All I can say is that mine does not affect me constantly and for that I am grateful. Whatever the illness actually is, it doesn't keep me from living a full life in Christ.

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All I can say is that mine does not affect me constantly and for that I am grateful. Whatever the illness actually is, it doesn't keep me from living a full life in Christ.

Thank you for the gracious response…

If you wouldn’t mind me pushing the issue a bit further, this issue you are having is just one more thing, that you need to reckon yourself dead to, so that in that area you might be made free from it….

For God is certainly alive in you and would have you free from all things…

Be blessed in being a living sacrifice to our God…

Much love and prayers in Him, Not me

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for the gracious response…

If you wouldn’t mind me pushing the issue a bit further, this issue you are having is just one more thing, that you need to reckon yourself dead to, so that in that area you might be made free from it….

For God is certainly alive in you and would have you free from all things…

Be blessed in being a living sacrifice to our God…

Much love and prayers in Him, Not me

Brother, I don't know if it's that simple. Do you know of people who are healed from mental illness that way?

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Brother, I don't know if it's that simple. Do you know of people who are healed from mental illness that way?

That would depend on what one considers mental illness, but yes, me, an uncontrollable paranoid mind, learning that all that ails me, has died on the cross with Christ… Learning to reckon myself totally dead before God has so freed me from me, that my tomorrow’s, as long as I keep the faith , will be better then my today’s…..

Be blessed in your relationship with Him, only trying to help…

A fellow follower of His, Not me

Last edited:

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

For yes, it is that simple, if one would just venture to believe..

But whatever you decide, be so very blessed in your pursuing of Him….

A fellow pursuer, Not me

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands

you strike me as being pretty sane :)

Reactions: Lambano and Wynona

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That would depend on what one considers mental illness, but yes, me, an uncontrollable paranoid mind, learning that all that ails me, has died on the cross with Christ… Learning to reckon myself totally dead before God has so freed me from me, that my tomorrow’s, as long as I keep the faith , will be better then my today’s…..

Be blessed in your relationship with Him, only trying to help…

A fellow follower of His, Not me

It's not that I don't believe in God's healing. I believe He definitely can take it all away. I just don't think that's happened for me yet.

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's not that I don't believe in God's healing. I believe He definitely can take it all away. I just don't think that's happened for me yet.

I have no doubt, for I have tasted such fruit from you and the Spirit of God so alive in your writing, that the yet will so manifest itself, that I thought I might try to encourage…

Be blessed in the yet, and your walk with Him..

A fellow believer, Not me

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Christ life healing for mind body and soul. By his stripes we are/were healed. In spirit as you say, you feel ok. When the body don't feel good, nothing feels good. Healing is the children's bread. Suffering in body (the mind in our case), is where he are touched by the feelings of our infirmities.

Our hope is our father knows. What it is and what I need. He alone knows those things. We have hope in him to take care of us. He is a good father and takes care of his children.

And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. - 2 Corinthians 12:9.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have no doubt, for I have tasted such fruit from you and the Spirit of God so alive in your writing, that the yet will so manifest itself, that I thought I might try to encourage…

Be blessed in the yet, and your walk with Him..

A fellow believer, Not me

Thanks, Not me!

Reactions: Not me

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Wynona, I am moved by your testimony.

Praise God! :)

Reactions: Goldie75 and Wynona

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Christ life healing for mind body and soul. By his stripes we are/were healed. In spirit as you say, you feel ok. When the body don't feel good, nothing feels good. Healing is the children's bread. Suffering in body (the mind in our case), is where he are touched by the feelings of our infirmities.

Our hope is our father knows. What it is and what I need. He alone knows those things. We have hope in him to take care of us. He is a good father and takes care of his children.

And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. - 2 Corinthians 12:9.
@soul man Great verse there; similar to Psalm 46.1.