Proof of the Trinity. No takers?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

D

Dave L

I am in agreement.

None of this contradicts my theology.

How so, I mentioned specifically, and even brought up scripture that says, that God is a Spirit. Did you even read the post?
You do not understand the Godhead if you say the Holy Spirit is the Father and the Son.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This title must not be taken in an anachronistic Trinitarian sense. (To do so would be theologically problematic, for the “Son” is the messianic king and is distinct in his person from God the “Father.”) Rather, in its original context the title pictures the king as the protector of his people. For a similar use of “father” see Isa 22:21 and Job 29:16. This figurative, idiomatic use of “father” is not limited to the Bible. In a Phoenician inscription (ca. 850–800 B.C.) the ruler Kilamuwa declares: “To some I was a father, to others I was a mother.” In another inscription (ca. 800 B.C.) the ruler Azitawadda boasts that the god Baal made him “a father and a mother” to his people. (See ANET 499–500.) The use of “everlasting” might suggest the deity of the king (as the one who has total control over eternity), but Isaiah and his audience may have understood the term as royal hyperbole emphasizing the king’s long reign or enduring dynasty (for examples of such hyperbolic language used of the Davidic king, see 1 Kgs 1:31; Pss 21:4–6; 61:6–7; 72:5, 17). The New Testament indicates that the hyperbolic language (as in the case of the title “Mighty God”) is literally realized in the ultimate fulfillment of the prophecy, for Jesus will rule eternally

Biblical Studies Press. (2005). The NET Bible First Edition; Bible. English. NET Bible.; The NET Bible. Biblical Studies Press.
As I have said before, the alternate interpretation does not refute the primary one.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You do not understand the Godhead if you say the Holy Spirit is the Father and the Son.

That's not what it is exactly, the way you're thinking of it. Try to think about everything I've said on this issue so far.

How so if you say the Holy Spirit is the Father and the Son?

Because the Father is not the Holy Spirit and the Son is not the Holy Spirit.

As soon as you understand what I'm saying you're going to smack yourself on the head and say "Duh! Why didn't I see that before?"

D

Dave L

That's not what it is exactly, the way you're thinking of it. Try to think about everything I've said on this issue so far.

Because the Father is not the Holy Spirit and the Son is not the Holy Spirit.

As soon as you understand what I'm saying you're going to smack yourself on the head and say "Duh! Why didn't I see that before?"
The problem is you do not understand the severity of what you are saying and how it results in idol worship.

D

Dave L

Chapter and verse, please. If I'm wrong I want to know about it; because I don't want to believe in a lie for certain.
Start with Jesus' baptism where the three distinct persons of God are present all at once.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The problem is you do not understand the severity of what you are saying and how it results in idol worship.
What idol? I despise idolatry and would never worship a graven image.

Please explain how you think this results in idol worship.

D

Dave L

What idol? I despise idolatry and would never worship a graven image.

Please explain how you think this results in idol worship.
A false concept of deity becomes an idol especially when you apply Jesus' name to it.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you cannot comprehend it, you should remain silent and not blurt your misunderstanding.
It is not a misunderstanding. If it is, show me scripturally how it is, rather than just making blanket statements about my theology that have no scriptural backup.

D

Dave L

It is not a misunderstanding. If it is, show me scripturally how it is, rather than just making blanket statements about my theology that have no scriptural backup.
Have you ever studied church history and the history of the trinity doctrine? All of your misconceptions are dealt with early on and put to rest.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Start with Jesus' baptism where the three distinct persons of God are present all at once.
God is outside of time and can descend into time any "time" He wants to. This applies to the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

So then, after Jesus released the Holy Spirit to the Father, He ascended to be outside of time. Thus He could go back in time and descend on Jesus at His baptism.

D

Dave L

God is outside of time and can descend into time any "time" He wants to. This applies to the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

So then, after Jesus released the Holy Spirit to the Father, He descended to be outside of time. Thus He could go back in time and descend on Jesus at His baptism.
Wow.....