Proof of the Trinity. No takers?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If Paul says scripture thoroughly furnishes us, then extra-biblical revelations are not from God. Peter said, even though they heard God speak audibly, it was of private interpretation.
I have posted scripture, no private interpretation, the scriptures are true and clear. so if I used the scriptures in ERROR, then correct me ..... BY THE SCRIPTURES..

D

Dave L

I have posted scripture, no private interpretation, the scriptures are true and clear. so if I used the scriptures in ERROR, then correct me ..... BY THE SCRIPTURES..
You still have not proven three persons, all called God, were not present at Jesus' baptism. = idol worship.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What about Jesus' baptism? You still cannot get around the three persons, all called God, present at once.
you're still on Jesus baptism, that's been proven false as to any three person of God present.

you have been refuited, now present scripture that say it was God voice that came from heavem here at the Lord's baptism, scripture please, here's your big chance to prove the trinity..

D

Dave L

you're still on Jesus baptism, that's been proven false as to any three person of God present.

you have been refuited, now present scripture that say it was God voice that came from heavem here at the Lord's baptism, scripture please, here's your big chance to prove the trinity..
If the voice said "this is my son", wouldn't that make the voice the "Father"?

D

Dave L

Have you considered Oneness' denial of the Father and the Son, (two persons) is a trait of those with the "spirit of Antichrist"?

They broke off from Christendom in the early 1900s.

They went out from us, but they did not belong to us; for if they had belonged to us, they would have remained with us. However, they went out so that it might be made clear that none of them belongs to us.” (1 John 2:19) (HCSB)

“Who is the liar, if not the one who denies that Jesus is the Messiah? This one is the antichrist: the one who denies the Father and the Son.” (1 John 2:22) (HCSB)

Jews who rejected Jesus believe basically the same as Islam by denying the trinity. Christianity is the only religion that worships God in trinity.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You still have not proven three persons, all called God, were not present at Jesus' baptism. = idol worship.
Dave, there is no three person,
don't have to, there is no three person, but to show you, let's take the Revelation 1:4 & 5 test.
how many PERSON(s) is the Letter from Dave?

and two, but I have proved that there is "ONE" person diversified. ..... :D

the Revelation 1:4 & 5 test will settle your three preson.... :eek:

take the test.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you considered Oneness' denial of the Father and the Son, (two persons) is a trait of those with the "spirit of Antichrist"?
as said before, I'm not a "ONENESS", I AM a "DIVERSIFIED ONENESS" big difference.

D

Dave L

Dave, there is no three person,
don't have to, there is no three person, but to show you, let's take the Revelation 1:4 & 5 test.
how many PERSON(s) is the Letter from Dave?

and two, but I have proved that there is "ONE" person diversified. ..... :D

the Revelation 1:4 & 5 test will settle your three preson.... :eek:

take the test.
Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are each distinct persons of the Godhead in scripture. You go out of your way to disprove this but one simple passages unravels your entire scheme.

“After Jesus was baptized, He went up immediately from the water. The heavens suddenly opened for Him, and He saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and coming down on Him. And there came a voice from heaven: This is My beloved Son. I take delight in Him!” (Matthew 3:16–17) (HCSB)

If we cannot trust your understanding here, nothing you say is worth reading.

B

brakelite

Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are each distinct persons of the Godhead in scripture. You go out of your way to disprove this but one simple passages unravels your entire scheme.

“After Jesus was baptized, He went up immediately from the water. The heavens suddenly opened for Him, and He saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and coming down on Him. And there came a voice from heaven: This is My beloved Son. I take delight in Him!” (Matthew 3:16– 17) (HCSB)

If we cannot trust your understanding here, nothing you say is worth reading.
What we need to take into consideration however, and what the so called orthodox Trinity doctrine seems to overlook, is the fact that everywhere in scripture the holy Spirit is referred to as the spirit of God, and Jesus as the Son of God. There is a definite sense of ownership, or at the very least, subordination, which utterly unravels any sense of equality as far as rank is concerned. Equality in divinity, deity, authority, per even maybe, although it is debatable whether the spirit is in any way independantt of God. And who is that God? The Trinity? Jesus is the son of the Trinity? The spirit is the spirit of the Trinity? Our is Jesus the Son of the Father, who is the only one in scripture who is definitively named as God, apart from the declaration of the Father regarding His Son... Which to me seems to be more of an inheritance rather than eternally (in sense of past) innate.

D

Dave L

What we need to take into consideration however, and what the so called orthodox Trinity doctrine seems to overlook, is the fact that everywhere in scripture the holy Spirit is referred to as the spirit of God, and Jesus as the Son of God. There is a definite sense of ownership, or at the very least, subordination, which utterly unravels any sense of equality as far as rank is concerned. Equality in divinity, deity, authority, per even maybe, although it is debatable whether the spirit is in any way independantt of God. And who is that God? The Trinity? Jesus is the son of the Trinity? The spirit is the spirit of the Trinity? Our is Jesus the Son of the Father, who is the only one in scripture who is definitively named as God, apart from the declaration of the Father regarding His Son... Which to me seems to be more of an inheritance rather than eternally (in sense of past) innate.
But all three are God. Spirit of God, Son of God, works, Father of God doesn't work, because God is not created.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If Paul says scripture thoroughly furnishes us, then extra-biblical revelations are not from God.

And yet you hold the writings of men concerning the Trinity to be next-to-inspired...

What about Jesus' baptism? You still cannot get around the three persons, all called God, present at once.

I have addressed this adequately...to which you responded, Wow! You did not have an answer to my explanation.

To refresh your memory, I showed that the Father is outside of time (Isaiah 57:15), descended to be in time, and then ascended to be outside of time once again (Ephesians 4:10), and that He also reserves the right (whether in the Person of Father, Son, or Holy Ghost) to descend into time at any moment of time, out of eternity, so that Father, Son, and Holy Ghost can be simultaneously present at Jesus' baptism and still be the same Person (with distinctions).

Our is Jesus the Son of the Father, who is the only one in scripture who is definitively named as God, apart from the declaration of the Father regarding His Son...

Hi @brakelite,

It should be clear that the definition of the "Son of the Father" is that to some degree He is the Father (Isaiah 9:6).

But all three are God. Spirit of God, Son of God, works, Father of God doesn't work, because God is not created.

Actually, see Isaiah 45:11 and Romans 1:3 (kjv).

Of course, the Father (1st Person) is self-existent and uncreated.

Am I not preaching the Trinity here?

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If Paul says scripture thoroughly furnishes us, then extra-biblical revelations are not from God. Peter said, even though they heard God speak audibly, it was of private interpretation. And that scripture is not of private interpretation making it superior. And Paul said tongues and prophecy would cease, which it did when scripture, that which is perfect (Greek = complete) came. SO you need to get back into scripture and stay away from the devil's domain where crazy people hear voices and deceive the simple.
The scripture is complete in its task for you and me only when it is completely understood by you and me. Are we now already perfect as in our Father in heaven?

"Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect" Matt 5:48

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are we now already perfect as in our Father in heaven?
If anyone is perfect, their attitude is, "I have room to grow."

Philippians 3:12-15.

Therefore let none of us be content with any lack of understanding.

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus
D

Dave L

The scripture is complete in its task for you and me only when it is completely understood by you and me. Are we now already perfect as in our Father in heaven?

"Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect" Matt 5:48
Paul says if we walk in the Spirit we will not fulfill the lusts of the flesh. This involves not sinning in thought which is possible if we make each thought and imagination conform to scripture. The sinful thoughts exist only as temptation unless we indulge them. John also says:

“Everyone who has been born of God does not sin, because His seed remains in him; he is not able to sin, because he has been born of God. This is how God’s children—and the Devil’s children—are made evident. Whoever does not do what is right is not of God, especially the one who does not love his brother.” (1 John 3:9–10) (HCSB)

D

Dave L

And yet you hold the writings of men concerning the Trinity to be next-to-inspired...

I have addressed this adequately...to which you responded, Wow! You did not have an answer to my explanation.

To refresh your memory, I showed that the Father is outside of time (Isaiah 57:15), descended to be in time, and then ascended to be outside of time once again (Ephesians 4:10), and that He also reserves the right (whether in the Person of Father, Son, or Holy Ghost) to descend into time at any moment of time, out of eternity, so that Father, Son, and Holy Ghost can be simultaneously present at Jesus' baptism and still be the same Person (with distinctions).

Hi @brakelite,

It should be clear that the definition of the "Son of the Father" is that to some degree He is the Father (Isaiah 9:6).

Actually, see Isaiah 45:11 and Romans 1:3 (kjv).

Of course, the Father (1st Person) is self-existent and uncreated.

Am I not preaching the Trinity here?
If you reject the trinity, you reject scripture and Jesus. You fabricate an idol and give it Jesus' name.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul says if we walk in the Spirit we will not fulfill the lusts of the flesh. This involves not sinning in thought which is possible if we make each thought and imagination conform to scripture. The sinful thoughts exist only as temptation unless we indulge them. John also says:

“Everyone who has been born of God does not sin, because His seed remains in him; he is not able to sin, because he has been born of God. This is how God’s children—and the Devil’s children—are made evident. Whoever does not do what is right is not of God, especially the one who does not love his brother.” (1 John 3:9–10) (HCSB)
One more time my friend we come to an impasse.