Proof that Jesus is God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"I am is a common expression used even today and has never been a claim of divinity."

A 'common expression' did not get Jesus accused of blasphemy for making Himself God, and then was crucified for plainly saying so in response to a direct demand to declare Himself.

Jehovahites are Scripturally illiterate propagandists for the cult of Jehovah and vainly speak of Jesus for effect.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Nonsense. I am a Christ follower, just not an isolator, not a 4th century man made construct violating the 1C and 2C in trinitarianism."

'1C and 2C in trintiarianism' is nonsensical rubbish learned by a full-of-taught-knowledge childish boob.

A created crhist follower is not a Jesus Christ lover and worshipper.

And yes, you are isolated and marked.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"The writers of the OT know God’s Anointed is not God incarnate."

The Jews accused Jesus of blasphemy for claiming to be the Christ, which they knew was to make Himself God. (John 10)

It's so funny when trinitarians cite Jews as an authority to be correct when rejecting the man-is-God thesis. It leaves 2 options:
  1. The Jews are correct in rejecting Jesus is God incarnate.
  2. You are wrong in referencing them as it undermines your position and strengthens the Jesus is NOT God side.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A 'common expression' did not get Jesus accused of blasphemy for making Himself God, and then was crucified for plainly saying so in response to a direct demand to declare Himself.

His declaration that got him crucified was to be the Messiah. See Mark 14:61-62.

Jesus is the Messiah, which means anointed by God. Anyone with any grasp of language usage knows this means he is not God. Dinner made by Mom is not Mom.

Reactions: NayborBear

NayborBear

Jan 21, 2020
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Short cut to the end of the matter. In the begnninig was the Word and the Word was the Queen of heaven . After it is assumed she gave birth to God

It is not a good thing to assume.
Made more the worse, when an incorrect presumption is made from an assumption. Especially, going forward with such an incorrect presumption.

You would be far far better off in heeding God's words from Jeremiah 44, then continuing in heeding counselors from the synagogue of satan.

It is pretty absurd in assuming that the Spirit of God that raised Christ from the dead was not able to conceive in a virgin this pure uncorrupted, unpolluted "seed" that which also was IN adam n eve! That is, until they ran into the beguiler!

BroRando

May 1, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which Answer is accurate and true? Jesus or God?

'Next, the end, when he hands over the Kingdom to his God and Father, when he has brought to nothing all government and all authority and power.' (1 Corinthians 15:24)

A. Trinitarians Claim that God hands over the Kingdom to his God and Father
B. Christians Claim Jesus hands over the Kingdom to his God and Father

Read more...

Last edited:

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The cultish doctrine is to pretend begotten does not mean created.
"only begotten" (μονογενη / monogene; John 3:16; 1 John 4:9, etc) doesn't mean created - ever. It simply means, 'the only one of the same genes/nature'. Time has nothing to do with the definition of the (compound, mono & gene) word, it is simply stating that which/what something is, not when that something is.

The eternal self-existing Son is the only one in all of eternal existence to be of the same nature (genes) of the Person/Being of the Father. (The nature of the Holy Spirit/Ghost (a real Person/Being, differentiated in scripture from the Person/Being of the Father, and Person/Being of the Son) is not given in scripture, and is a mystery unknown to us, and is not under discussion here, and the word "spirit" is often misunderstood, since Angels of Heaven are also "spirits", but are real tangible beings).

Therefore, I would recommend to you, to reconsider calling that which I have just described as "cultish doctrine", when to say otherwise is to re-define the terms according to one's own definition, and not according to scripture's definition.

BroRando

May 1, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which one is a Cult? A or B?

'Next, the end, when he hands over the Kingdom to his God and Father, when he has brought to nothing all government and all authority and power.' (1 Corinthians 15:24)

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which Answer is accurate and true? Jesus or God?

It's actually a false dichotomy that you have presented. Though I am not "trinitarian" (Roman Catholic definition), I believe in the Heavenly eternal Trio, which is to say the "chord" of the Persons/Beings of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost/Spirit.

Both "A." and "B." are true. It is not "either/or", but "both/and", since, Jesus (the Person/Being of the Son) is "God" (Deity by/in nature, and even position in relation to all Creation). Jesus also as God, hands over the kingdom to His Father, who is also God. John 1:1, speaks of both these Persons/Beings, as do many other texts.

Joh 1:1 εν αρχη ην ο λογος και ο λογος ην προς τον θεον και θεος ην ο λογος

Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

That's two Persons/Beings which are identified as being by/in nature and position in relation to Creation as, "God".

"The Word was God" (The Person/Being of the Son) was "with" (eternally, "in the beginning", in other words as far back as one can go, He, the Person/Being of the Son is still there "with" the Person/Being of the Father, both together (the Holy Ghost/Spirit is addressed elsewhere)).

John, in John 1, is actually referring back to Genesis 1, in which all three Persons/Beings are mentioned, even as Proverbs 8 also does.

The Person/Being of the Father ("God", Genesis 1:6, etc) issues instructions to the Son (for the Son always honours the Father):

Gen 1:6 And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.

The Person/Being of the Son ("God", Genesis 1:7, etc) receives the instructions from the Father, and makes all things according to His Father's plan/will:

Gen 1:7 And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.

The Person/Being of the Holy Ghost/Spirit ("the Spirit", "God", Genesis 1:2,10, etc) is the eternal Witness to the other Two, and moves/actions when required:

Gen 1:2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

Gen 1:10 And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good.

All this is confirmed by all of scripture:

Pro_8:30 Then I was by him, as one brought up with him: and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him;

Eph 3:9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

Col 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
Col 1:16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
Col 1:17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

Heb_1:2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

Job_33:4 The Spirit of God hath made me, and the breath of the Almighty hath given me life.

Psa_104:30 Thou sendest forth thy spirit, they are created: and thou renewest the face of the earth.

Rev 4:11 Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

Rev 5:13 And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.

BroRando

May 1, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which one is accurate and true? A or B?

A. Trinitarians Claim God is the Lamb of God.
B. Christians Claim Jesus is the Lamb of God.

Trinitarians removed God's Name from (Rev 4:11) then inserted LORD. But that was not deceptive enough so they change LORD to Lord to confuse the reader. Here's the scripture from the King James 400th year anniversary edition:

"Thou art worthy, O LORD (Jehovah Rev 14:7; Gen 2:3; Rev 19:10; Psa 95:6; Jhn 20:17 ) , to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created." (Rev 4:11) You may want to SEE (Rev 4:8) also.

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which one is a Cult? A or B?

Again, see my previous reply, since according to John 1, etal., the Person/Being of "θεος" (being "ο λογος") who was eternally "with" ("προς") "τον θεον" (being the Father). Therefore, according to John 1, 1 Corinthians 15:24 reveals that:

1Co 15:24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

as read in the light of John 1:

1Co 15:24 Then cometh the end, when "θεος" (being "ο λογος") shall have delivered up the kingdom to "τον θεον" (being the Father) (as it was stated: "to God, even the Father", otherwise why say that???, why say, "to God, even the Father", if there were no other "God" ("θεος", involved who was "with" the Father); when "θεος" (being "ο λογος") shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which one is accurate and true? A or B?

A. Trinitarians Claim God is the Lamb of God.
B. Christians Claim Jesus is the Lamb of God.

Trinitarians removed God's Name from (Rev 4:11) then inserted LORD. But that was not deceptive enough so they change LORD to Lord to confuse the reader. Here's the scripture from the King James 400th year anniversary edition:

"Thou art worthy, O LORD (Jehovah Rev 14:7; Gen 2:3; Rev 19:10; Psa 95:6; Jhn 20:17 ) , to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created." (Rev 4:11) You may want to SEE (Rev 4:8) also.
Again, a false dichotomy, since again, both ("A." and "B.") are true, when understood in the light of scripture.

I am not "trinitarian" (Roman Catholic definition), and would like therefore you to address what I actually say and believe, rather than a strawman of those things. I am not arguing for "trinitarianism" (Roman Catholic definition). That 'doctrine' is heretical according to scripture and logically incoherent. Again see that I beleive in the "eternal heavenly Trio".

The Father is "JEHOVAH" ("Ancient of Days", see Daniel 7).

The Son is "Jesus JEHOVAH" (think of it like JEHOVAH Jr., "Son of Man", see Daniel 7, or see Genesis 49:18; Exodus 14:13; 2 Chronicles 20:17; Jonah 2:9; Psalms 119:174, etc)

The Holy Ghost is the Spirit (an actual Person/Being in His own right) of JEHOVAH.

All Three, as an eternal "chord" (like in music), make up the Family of JEHOVAH. Like a marriage, or a team, etc.

You might think of this relationship between these Three as:

John Jones (the Father)
John Jones Jr. (the Son)
Bob Jones (Cousin/Uncle, etc)

Jones Family.

As I pointed out, Revelation 4 is only speaking about the Person/Being of the Father.

Revelation 5 speaks about both Father (on the Throne) and Son (the Lamb (Flock) of the Father (Shepherd)).

The name is not "removed". That is another erroneous claim. The name of JEHOVAH is in the KJB, and translated as such purposefully, but is made sure that respect to that name and honour is given that name therein, so that it is not abused (hence the phrase, "LORD", for even a 5 yr old can tell you what the name of God is (JEHOVAH), if they are taught by their parents from a KJB). You do this even for your own earthly parents, though you know your earthly Father's name, you do not go around using it commonly.

Therefore, going back to your "A.", and "B."

Jesus (the Person/Being of the Son of the Father) is God, "θεος" (being the Word, "ο λογος" of the Father; John 1:1), who is also identified as the "Lamb of God" ("ο αμνος του θεου" (John 1:36)) in Revelation 5:13, which could be re-written in substitution (the ways of the LORD being equal), as "ο αμνος ("θεος", "ο λογος") του θεου".

The "him that sitteth upon the throne" is the Person/Being of the Father, who is "τον θεον" (being the Father) of John 1:1.

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am is a common expression used even today
True.

and has never been a claim of divinity.
Incorrect. Simply because the first premise is true, does not give validity to the second.

While, I (myself) or someone like John the Baptist can use the phrase "I am" (or even "εγω ειμι" in koine Greek, or something similar in Hebrew) it doesn't necessarily mean that I (or we) are claiming to be Deity, Divinity, God, etc., yet it does not automatically exclude such a possibility either, and the context of the phrase, in it's use, would determine whether such a claim (to be Deity) was made.

For instance, I can say of myself:

"I am going to the store."

That is the entire context of the phrase, "I am" there. Did I make any claim to be Deity? No, so therefore, your first premise is true.

Now for the second premise:

If I were to use the phrase "I am" in conjunction with the remaining contexts, I would indeed be making such a claim to be Deity:
I AM the Bread of Life

Joh_6:35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.

Joh 6:35 ειπεν δε αυτοις ο ιησους εγω ειμι ο αρτος της ζωης ο ερχομενος προς με ου μη πειναση και ο πιστευων εις εμε ου μη διψηση πωποτε

Joh 6:41 The Jews then murmured at him, because he said, I am the bread which came down from heaven.

Joh_6:41 εγογγυζον ουν οι ιουδαιοι περι αυτου οτι ειπεν εγω ειμι ο αρτος ο καταβας εκ του ουρανου

Joh_6:48 I am that bread of life.

Joh 6:48 εγω ειμι ο αρτος της ζωης

Joh_6:51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

Joh 6:51 εγω ειμι ο αρτος ο ζων ο εκ του ουρανου καταβας εαν τις φαγη εκ τουτου του αρτου ζησεται εις τον αιωνα και ο αρτος δε ον εγω δωσω η σαρξ μου εστιν ην εγω δωσω υπερ της του κοσμου ζωης

I AM the Light of the World:

Joh_8:12 Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

Joh 8:12 παλιν ουν ο ιησους αυτοις ελαλησεν λεγων εγω ειμι το φως του κοσμου ο ακολουθων εμοι ου μη περιπατησει εν τη σκοτια αλλ εξει το φως της ζωης

Joh_9:5 As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world.

Joh 9:5 οταν εν τω κοσμω ω φως ειμι του κοσμου

I AM One that Bear Witness of Myself:

Joh 8:18 I am one that bear witness of myself, and the Father that sent me beareth witness of me.

Joh_8:18 εγω ειμι ο μαρτυρων περι εμαυτου και μαρτυρει περι εμου ο πεμψας με πατηρ

I AM before Abraham:

Joh_8:24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

Joh 8:24 ειπον ουν υμιν οτι αποθανεισθε εν ταις αμαρτιαις υμων εαν γαρ μη πιστευσητε οτι εγω ειμι αποθανεισθε εν ταις αμαρτιαις υμων

Joh_8:58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

Joh 8:58 ειπεν αυτοις ο ιησους αμην αμην λεγω υμιν πριν αβρααμ γενεσθαι εγω ειμι

I AM the Crucified One:

Joh_8:28 Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things.

Joh 8:28 ειπεν ουν αυτοις ο ιησους οταν υψωσητε τον υιον του ανθρωπου τοτε γνωσεσθε οτι εγω ειμι και απ εμαυτου ποιω ουδεν αλλα καθως εδιδαξεν με ο πατηρ μου ταυτα λαλω

I AM the Door (Sanctuary; Psalms 77:13):

Joh_10:7 Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep.

Joh 10:7 ειπεν ουν παλιν αυτοις ο ιησους αμην αμην λεγω υμιν οτι εγω ειμι η θυρα των προβατων

Joh_10:9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.

Joh 10:9 εγω ειμι η θυρα δι εμου εαν τις εισελθη σωθησεται και εισελευσεται και εξελευσεται και νομην ευρησει

I AM the Good Shepherd:

Joh_10:11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

Joh 10:11 εγω ειμι ο ποιμην ο καλος ο ποιμην ο καλος την ψυχην αυτου τιθησιν υπερ των προβατων

Joh 10:14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.

Joh 10:14 εγω ειμι ο ποιμην ο καλος και γινωσκω τα εμα και γινωσκομαι υπο των εμων

I AM the Resurrection and the Life:

Joh_11:25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

Joh 11:25 ειπεν αυτη ο ιησους εγω ειμι η αναστασις και η ζωη ο πιστευων εις εμε καν αποθανη ζησεται

I AM the Way, the Truth and the Life:

Joh_14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Joh 14:6 λεγει αυτω ο ιησους εγω ειμι η οδος και η αληθεια και η ζωη ουδεις ερχεται προς τον πατερα ει μη δι εμου

I AM the True Vine:

Joh_15:1 I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman.

Joh 15:1 εγω ειμι η αμπελος η αληθινη και ο πατηρ μου ο γεωργος εστιν

Joh_15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

Joh 15:5 εγω ειμι η αμπελος υμεις τα κληματα ο μενων εν εμοι καγω εν αυτω ουτος φερει καρπον πολυν οτι χωρις εμου ου δυνασθε ποιειν ουδεν

I AM -

Joh 18:5 They answered him, Jesus of Nazareth. Jesus saith unto them, I am he. And Judas also, which betrayed him, stood with them.

Joh_18:5 απεκριθησαν αυτω ιησουν τον ναζωραιον λεγει αυτοις ο ιησους εγω ειμι ειστηκει δε και ιουδας ο παραδιδους αυτον μετ αυτων

Joh_18:6 As soon then as he had said unto them, I am he, they went backward, and fell to the ground.

Joh 18:6 ως ουν ειπεν αυτοις οτι εγω ειμι απηλθον εις τα οπισω και επεσον χαμαι

Joh_18:8 Jesus answered, I have told you that I am he: if therefore ye seek me, let these go their way:

Joh 18:8 απεκριθη ο ιησους ειπον υμιν οτι εγω ειμι ει ουν εμε ζητειτε αφετε τουτους υπαγειν

Joh_13:19 Now I tell you before it come, that, when it is come to pass, ye may believe that I am he.

Joh 13:19 απ αρτι λεγω υμιν προ του γενεσθαι ινα οταν γενηται πιστευσητε οτι εγω ειμι

Joh 6:20 But he saith unto them, It is I; be not afraid.

Joh_6:20 ο δε λεγει αυτοις εγω ειμι μη φοβεισθε

I AM (Bonus) - The first person He said it to, A Samaritan Woman at the Well:

Joh_4:26 Jesus saith unto her, I that speak unto thee am he.

Joh 4:26 λεγει αυτη ο ιησους εγω ειμι ο λαλων σοι

Therefore, take a good long look at those uses of "I am". They are indeed claiming in the context something far greater and beyond than what I said in use of the first premise, "I am going to the store." If I were to state as a matter of fact to a question posed to me like as the Pharisees did to Jesus, in the context of John 8:58, and John 10:30, etc that "Before Abraham was I am", I would indeed be claiming something extraordinary.

Look closely at John 10:11,14. "I am the good shepherd"? Who does the Bible alone say is "good"? Think carefully.

Look closely at John 8:12, 9:5. "I am the Light of the world"? Who does the Bible say is the "Light"? Think carefully.

Read these passages carefully, in that "Light":

Php 2:11 και πασα γλωσσα εξομολογησηται οτι κυριος ιησους χριστος εις δοξαν θεου πατρος

Php 2:11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

1Co 12:3 διο γνωριζω υμιν οτι ουδεις εν πνευματι θεου λαλων λεγει αναθεμα ιησουν και ουδεις δυναται ειπειν κυριον ιησουν ει μη εν πνευματι αγιω

1Co 12:3 Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.

1Co 15:47 ο πρωτος ανθρωπος εκ γης χοικος ο δευτερος ανθρωπος ο κυριος εξ ουρανου

1Co 15:47 The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven.

Paul is referring to the OT use of JEHOVAH, when in the NT he uses the phrase "Lord" (κυριος), and according to the text just cited, only those who have the Holy Ghost/Spirit of JEHOVAH can acknowledge this. Paul is not saying by Philippians 2:11, that Jesus Christ is "king" ("Lord" in that sense), but is saying that those who have the Holy Ghost/Spirit can and do acknowledge that Jesus is JEHOVAH (the Son) to the glory of JEHOVAH the Father. It's like saying John Jones Jr. is "Jones" to the glory of John Jones (the Father). It is much more than simply saying that John Johns Jr is King like His Father is, but includes the very nature and name and character of His Father in it.

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Trinitarians removed God's Name from (Rev 4:11) then inserted LORD. But that was not deceptive enough so they change LORD to Lord to confuse the reader. ...
Can you show me a single koine Greek mss in which the writers of the NT (Matthew - Revelation) used the phrase "JEHOVAH" as translated or even transliterated into koine Greek (IEOVAH, or something similar)? If not, why do you think that is? Why do you think that Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Paul, James, Peter, Jude, Tertias, etc never once wrote the name of God in koine Greek in the NT texts even though the majority of persons were Jews, and knew God's name (as even proved by Rabbinic materials)?

Were they being "deceptive", or cautious and caring? Did they "remove" JEHOVAH when quoting OT scriptures in the NT texts?

BroRando

May 1, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Majority of Scriptures in the Greek were actually Quotes from the Hebrew with God's Name. No they were not being deceived, not at first anyways. Several languages used did not have the letter "J". The letter 'I" was used until translated to English which the translators used for God's Name in the King James of 1611 and For some reason King James did not use the Y for Yahweh or Yeshua.

For instance in the King James of 1611 You will notice Jehovah and Jesus were never used until later on for the English language.

Psalms 83:18

“That men may knowe, that thou, whose name alone is IEHOVAH: art the most High ouer all the earth.”

Genesis 25:26
“And after that came his brother out, and his hand tooke holde on Esaus heele; and his name was called Iacob: and Isaac was threescore yeres old, when shee bare them.”
2 Samuel 5:13

“¶ And Dauid tooke him mo concubines and wiues out of Ierusalem, after he was come from Hebron, and there were yet sonnes and daughters borne to Dauid.”

Matthew 1:1

“The booke of the generation of Iesus Christ, the sonne of Dauid, the sonne of Abraham.”

Exodus 6:3 | Read whole chapter
And I appeared vnto Abraham, vnto Isaac, and vnto Iacob, by the Name of God Almighty, but by my name IEHOVAH was I not knowen to them.

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Majority of Scriptures in the Greek were actually Quotes from the Hebrew with God's Name. No they were not being deceived, not at first anyways. Several languages used did not have the letter "J". The letter 'I" was used until translated to English which the translators used for God's Name in the King James of 1611 and For some reason King James did not use the Y for Yahweh or Yeshua.

For instance in the King James of 1611 You will notice Jehovah and Jesus were never used until later on for the English language.

Psalms 83:18

“That men may knowe, that thou, whose name alone is IEHOVAH: art the most High ouer all the earth.”

Genesis 25:26
“And after that came his brother out, and his hand tooke holde on Esaus heele; and his name was called Iacob: and Isaac was threescore yeres old, when shee bare them.”
2 Samuel 5:13

“¶ And Dauid tooke him mo concubines and wiues out of Ierusalem, after he was come from Hebron, and there were yet sonnes and daughters borne to Dauid.”

Matthew 1:1

“The booke of the generation of Iesus Christ, the sonne of Dauid, the sonne of Abraham.”

Exodus 6:3 | Read whole chapter
And I appeared vnto Abraham, vnto Isaac, and vnto Iacob, by the Name of God Almighty, but by my name IEHOVAH was I not knowen to them.
That doesn't answer my questions, but simply sidesteps them.

Another question:

Were the writers of the NT inspired of the Holy Ghost in not using a koine Greek "IEOVAH" in their texts, even when citing OT in the NT? or were they inspired of the devil in not using it?

Remember, you are accusing the KJB translators of something, which you are not accusing the koine Greek NT writers of doing when going from Hebrew/Syriac to koine Greek, but are accusing the KJB translators when going from Hebrew to English. The balance of your "scales" is off and not equal in measurement/judgment. (ps. "j" is simply a modified "i" for differentiation in pronunciation, even as it is in Latin, like when "S.J." (Society of Jesus (Jesuits)) is often times "S.I." or in American Samoa, "Jachin" is "Iakina")

Last edited:

BroRando

May 1, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When Jesus was with his disciples, he asked them who are the people saying the Son of man is? When they answered giving him a various of incorrect answers, He said to them: “You, though, who do you say I am?” (ego eimi) Matthew 16:15

Simon Peter answered: “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.” (Matthew 16:16) Jesus then commends Peter for the correct and accurate answer by responding to him “Happy you are, Simon son of Joʹnah, because flesh and blood did not reveal it to you, but my Father in the heavens did.” (Matthew 16:17)

Peter was not the only one that properly identifies the (ego eimi) but the Apostle Paul also identifies about the one who stood by him. The Apostle Paul also gives witness about the ego'eimi . "For there stood by me this night the angel of God, whose I am, and whom I serve," (Acts 27:23)

Read more...

Status
Not open for further replies.