Proof: You were only forgiven of your past sins!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

D

Dave L

Do we want to visit Christendom, whatever that is, or do we want to visit God? I am not saying there is nothing ever worthwhile to learn from such visits to churches and their established doctrines or creeds , but is there not a better way and/or a better place to encounter truth? What do we suppose we could learn about God as a student in a public school today? How much about the ways of men do we need to know to move toward God?
You have your own church with its biased presentation of the truth. You can fill in what is lacking there by listening to other churches not biased in the same areas. And so on...... The truth is out there despite the biases.

D

Dave L

Once again, you didn't answer a single one of my questions.

Jane asked: And by what logic do you conclude the statement "But to reject creeds and accept books is not evidence of clear thinking"? How does this compare to your rejection the Westminster Creed?
Dave answered: ____???_______???_______

And as I asked before: what if someone does that and upon study/prayer comes to the conclusion that these manmade documents are wrong?
Dave answered: ____???_______???_______

*****I am getting extremely frustrated here with my questions continually not being answered.*****
I'm trying to understand your own logic, but you're making me absolutely pull teeth to do it. Please just answer the question.
If you burn all your books except the bible, and shut off all educational programs on TV, and drop out of church, you will convince me you do not agree with me about education being good.

D

Dave L

No Dave. Creeds are not Learning. Learning is an action men may or may not do.

Creeds are a system of beliefs laid out.

Those who choose to adhere to A Creed, do so by attesting to Believe ALL that the Creed says.

That is YOUR choice to attest to and yeild to and believe in any man-made Creed, YOU choose to do.

I am quite capable of speaking for myself.

So? That is not unique to anyone else on this forum.

Glory to God,
Taken
If you think education is good, our discussion is pointless.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you burn all your books except the bible, and shut off all educational programs on TV, and drop out of church, you will convince me you do not agree with me about education being good.
If you think education is a good thing, you should have no problem answering my questions about your beliefs. But you don't. Over and over again.

Thereby, you're forcing me to conclude you don't value education, sharing your beliefs, people on this forum, or scripture itself.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Do you agree that education is good? If so, our discussion is pointless.
i hate to help foster the impression that we are even having a discussion, Dave
i don't think we are wadr

i would characterize it more like i am being used for fodder as a taking-off point for another homily

D

Dave L

If you think education is a good thing, you should have no problem answering my questions about your beliefs. But you don't. Over and over again.
I already answered your questions. Why do you reject learning from teachers God placed in the church?

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I already answered your questions. Why do you reject learning from teachers God placed in the church?

But didn't you say that you do not belong to any church in a thread somewhere?

D

Dave L

i hate to help foster the impression that we are even having a discussion, Dave
i don't think we are wadr

i would characterize it more like i am being used for fodder as a taking-off point for another homily
Interesting.......

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I already answered your questions.
No you haven't remotely. Instead you have trolled me with endless deflections and tangents.

*If* you remotely value education or the Gospel or anyone's time on here, ACTUALLY answer even one question here. I'll even start the answer for you--
Question: what if someone does that and upon study/prayer comes to the conclusion that these manmade documents are wrong?
Dave's answer: "I Dave, believe that if someone does study and pray about these manmade documents and the comes to the conclusion that they are wrong, then ____???_______???_______"

D

Dave L

But didn't you say that you do not belong to any church in a thread somewhere?
I do not belong to any church. Never did. But God placed teachers in the church. And I learn from those teachers while not confining myself to any single group or denomination.

D

Dave L

No you haven't remotely. Instead you have trolled me with endless deflections and tangents.

*If* you remotely value education or the Gospel or anyone's time on here, ACTUALLY answer even one question here. I'll even start the answer for you--
Question: what if someone does that and upon study/prayer comes to the conclusion that these manmade documents are wrong?
Dave's answer: "I Dave, believe that if someone does study and pray about these manmade documents and the comes to the conclusion that they are wrong, then ____???_______???_______"
I already said how all creeds have errors except the Ecumenical creeds, so far. How does that not answer you question?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have your own church with its biased presentation of the truth. You can fill in what is lacking there by listening to other churches not biased in the same areas. And so on...... The truth is out there despite the biases.
Without the direction of the Holy Ghost we would never be able to tell the difference between that which is true and that which is a lie. Our brains alone cannot do it.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I already said how all creeds have errors except the Ecumenical creeds, so far. How does that not answer you question?
NOT REMOTELY AN ANSWER!!!!

You've admitted that you find manmade documents XYZ to be flawed, but you like ABC. That wasn't my question. My question was what if Bob reads manmade ABC, does lots of studying/prayer and comes to the conclusion that they are wrong? What then?

D

Dave L

NOT REMOTELY AN ANSWER!!!!

You've admitted that you find manmade documents XYZ to be flawed, but you like ABC. That wasn't my question. My question was what if Bob reads manmade ABC, does lots of studying/prayer and comes to the conclusion that they are wrong? What then?
He doesn't know his bible.