Proof: You were only forgiven of your past sins!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

D

Dave L

How?
1) Reading the Bible ONLY.
2) Not listening to what Others ARE writing and teaching.

How?
Because I am not JOINED in ANY man-established memberships.

I elected to be JOINED in Christ's Church, that He reveal He was Establishing FOR men who elected to be JOINED with Him.

I think you are confusing " the words of Biblical knowledge " with "understanding of the Biblical knowledge.

What has been established IS, I trust the Bible for "written Knowledge".

It seems you are leaning toward "pastors" or "creeds", to Define the MEANING/UNDERSTANDING of the written Knowledge.

I don't. I rely on the Holy Spirit of God to give my "born again spirit".... Gods "Understanding of the Knowledge" of His own Word.

Glory To God,
Taken
So you really do not know what you believe?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We all do this. But Paul says speaking of the future. “For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.” (2 Timothy 4:3–4)
The creeds are nothing more than sound doctrine for the most part.
Creeds may be sound doctrine according to some, but I will always make my own affirmation of what I believe at the moment when I need to do so and hopefully always as I am led by the Holy Spirit. Many people will affirm some essentials or a creed and then sit back and let God pass them by while they enjoy whatever it is that tickles their ears at the moment... in the world.

Over the years I have had my beliefs [essentials?] changed by God as I walked with Him. Each time before I was changed I believed I was right. After I was changed I also believed I was right. If we take too strong of a black and white stand we may lose out because what we thought was clean before God was still filthy.

When my ways are always perfectly God's Way then I will make no more mistakes. When I am certain that a creed cannot be wrong then I will always affirm it. I am not there in either case but God is not finished with me yet.

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.
For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." Isaiah 55:8-9

D

Dave L

Creeds may be sound doctrine according to some, but I will always make my own affirmation of what I believe at the moment when I need to do so and hopefully always as I am led by the Holy Spirit. Many people will affirm some essentials or a creed and then sit back and let God pass them by while they enjoy whatever it is that tickles their ears at the moment... in the world.

Over the years I have had my beliefs [essentials?] changed by God as I walked with Him. Each time before I was changed I believed I was right. After I was changed I also believed I was right. If we take too strong of a black and white stand we may lose out because what we thought was clean before God was still filthy.

When my ways are always perfectly God's Way then I will make no more mistakes. When I am certain that a creed cannot be wrong then I will always affirm it. I am not there in either case but God is not finished with me yet.

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.
For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." Isaiah 55:8-9
Have you ever drawn a conclusion about anything scripture says? If so, you have a doctrine. Creeds are nothing more than doctrines based on what the bible says about Jesus, the trinity, God, the Church, the future, heaven and hell and so on and on. All tested over the years through debate and challenges and yet to fail................

Zachary

Sep 24, 2015
B.C., Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I'll choose him over men every time. What saith the word?
Not what saith the Doctor of divinity.
For 5 years I sat under a pastor and his wife ...
who between them had all 9 of the spiritual power gifts.
He used to talk about peoples' "stinkin' thinkin'"
And he had NO use for the cemetaries, er seminaries.

Reactions: Helen and Frank Lee
D

Dave L

As Pontius Pilate put it: What is truth? The Truth stood before him when he said it but who today knows that Truth completely and without error?
But how do you know if what you believe holds true if not challenged? The Ecumenical creeds were seriously challenged and have yet to be proven wrong.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you ever drawn a conclusion about anything scripture says? If so, you have a doctrine. Creeds are nothing more than doctrines based on what the bible says about Jesus, the trinity, God, the Church, the future, heaven and hell and so on and on. All tested over the years through debate and challenges and yet to fail................
I have drawn conclusions as you say, and more than once later God showed me another Way. I have necessarily changed my conclusion in order to line up with God. This has happened even when the old doctrine or creed was also based on scripture. The only Way to be corrected when we are in error is to be led by the Holy Ghost. Studying the scriptures alone will not do it:

"And further, by these, my son, be admonished: of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh." Ecc 12:12

D

Dave L

I have drawn conclusions as you say, and more than once later God showed me another Way. I have necessarily changed my conclusion in order to line up with God. This has happened even when the old doctrine or creed was also based on scripture. The only Way to be corrected when we are in error is to be led by the Holy Ghost. Studying the scriptures alone will not do it:

"And further, by these, my son, be admonished: of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh." Ecc 12:12
If the creed was based on scripture, why did you abandon it?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But how do you know if what you believe holds true if not challenged? The Ecumenical creeds were seriously challenged and have yet to be proven wrong.
My daily and even more frequent [praying without ceasing] communication with God is how I know I am heading in the right direction. Who holds absolute truth but God? I move toward it by being led by the Spirit of Truth. When I follow my own spirit I am in trouble. When I follow only what someone else concluded yesterday or several hundred years ago I am in trouble.

Last edited:

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For 5 years I sat under a pastor and his wife ...
who between them had all 9 of the spiritual power gifts.
He used to talk about peoples' "stinkin' thinkin'"
And he had NO use for the cemetaries, er seminaries.

The contentious ones are always those denominationally indoctrinated that refuse, to accept the infilling, the gifts and the power of the Holy Spirit. Every single time. The nose of discernment can smell dead denominationalism a country mile away.

It took me awhile to understand why God saved me and then baptized me in the Holy Spirit far outside any church walls or denominations. I had to read the Bible to understand what had happened to me. No man told me. The religious began to tell me that my experience was wrong. It didn't fit their mold of how God did things.

By this, I praise him that I did not have to be chained in unbelief and denial of God's power because of men's creations - denominations. Praise be to God I was an ignorant person like brother Amos.

Reactions: Acolyte and amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If the creed was based on scripture, why did you abandon it?
My friend there are many denominations today based on the same scriptures who stand diametrically opposed to each other. The scriptures alone are like Jesus dead on the cross before the Resurrection. No power, no glory!
Without the quickening of the Holy Spirit, the scriptures themselves are dead and thus often misused or misunderstood. When quickened in the person by the Holy Spirit they are the Word of God. The unopened Bible has potential but it is NOT the Word of God. Jesus dead on the cross had potential but until He resurrected, he was dead!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
2 Corinthians 5:19 namely, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not counting their trespasses against them
Hebrews 8:12 For I will be merciful to their iniquities, and I will remember their sins no more.
Mark 3:28 "Truly I say to you, all sins shall be forgiven the sons of men, and whatever blasphemies they utter;
Romans 5:10a For if while we were enemies, we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son,
John 1:29 The next day he (John the Baptist) saw Jesus coming to him and said, "Behold, the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!"
1 John 2:2 and He Himself is the propitiation for our sins; and not for ours only, but also for those of the whole world.

dunno if any of these were Quoted yet, didn't see them on page one

Reactions: Acolyte

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is the proof that is acceptable to you? Anything derived by proper application of the scientific method? What method did Jesus use to speak the truth? Are we not to be like Him? Do we follow his Way because he was the best of students? I don't think so.

Reactions: bbyrd009
D

Dave L

What is the proof that is acceptable to you? Anything derived by proper application of the scientific method? What method did Jesus use to speak the truth? Are we not to be like Him? Do we follow his Way because he was the best of students? I don't think so.
You cannot draw any conclusion about what the bible says. While holding your present view of others who have drawn conclusions and wrote them down for us. Especially after proving them to be true through intense debate.

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Why do you require men to affirm God's words? Why look at some group's creed, doctrines, beliefs when you can go right yo the Bible. My spirit knows God's word is true. If men agree fine.

They agree in part only, many denying God's gifts and power since their natural mind can't define it.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you really do not know what you believe?

Is it your intent to convince me you lack common sense? ...because you are coming very close to convincing me that is so.

I believe what the Bible says.
I believe what the Lords Spirit teaches my spirit.
I believe Jesus is the Christ.
I believe God is thee Father, Son, Holy Spirit.
I believe God has the Power to make corrupt men wholly whole and holy.
I believe it is too cold to go swimming today.
I believe I will begin preparing a pot roast for tomorrows supper.
I believe many men accept mens word over Gods word.
I believe many men twist the word of God to fit their carnal understanding.
I believe my dog wants my attention right now.

If you think you require more of my beliefs, the list is pretty long.
Perhaps you could ASK if you have something specific you wonder about, and IF I am so inclined to answer you, I will.

Glory to God,
Taken

D

Dave L

Why do you require men to affirm God's words? Why look at some group's creed, doctrines, beliefs when you can go right yo the Bible. My spirit knows God's word is true. If men agree fine.

They agree in part only, many denying God's gifts and power since their natural mind can't define it.
How do you know what the bible says if you ignore centuries of learning. Assuming the Holy Spirit made you an "insider" and not the teachers in the church?

D

Dave L

Is it your intent to convince me you lack common sense? ...because you are coming very close to convincing me that is so.

I believe what the Bible says.
I believe what the Lords Spirit teaches my spirit.
I believe Jesus is the Christ.
I believe God is thee Father, Son, Holy Spirit.
I believe God has the Power to make corrupt men wholly whole and holy.
I believe it is too cold to go swimming today.
I believe I will begin preparing a pot roast for tomorrows supper.
I believe many men accept mens word over Gods word.
I believe many men twist the word of God to fit their carnal understanding.
I believe my dog wants my attention right now.

If you think you require more of my beliefs, the list is pretty long.
Perhaps you could ASK if you have something specific you wonder about, and IF I am so inclined to answer you, I will.

Glory to God,
Taken
Why do you think the creeds are men's word and your word is not?