Prophecy/End Times ... Teachers/Resources

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bad advice. Good advice is to prepare today for what we'll need tomorrow. -- And even then there are no guarantees.

Matthew 6:[33] Seek ye therefore first the kingdom of God, and his justice, and all these things shall be added unto you. [34] Be not therefore solicitous for tomorrow; for the morrow will be solicitous for itself.

Amadeus has it right.

Reactions: amadeus

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Logic? Since when should we follow the logic of our own carnal mind rather than the Holy Spirit? ...
You speak of obeying the Holy Spirit, when you DISOBEY SCRIPTURE. -- Don't you think that the HOLY SPIRIT speaks to our hearts regarding SCRIPTURE?!? HE certainly doesn't contradict SCRIPTURE, so why don't you OBEY SCRIPTURE???

However, there is a "spirit" which disobeys Scripture. -- Perhaps you've confused the two.
Bobby Jo

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You speak of obeying the Holy Spirit, when you DISOBEY SCRIPTURE. -- Don't you think that the HOLY SPIRIT speaks to our hearts regarding SCRIPTURE?!? HE certainly doesn't contradict SCRIPTURE, so why don't you OBEY SCRIPTURE???

However, there is a "spirit" which disobeys Scripture. -- Perhaps you've confused the two.
Bobby Jo
Without the lead of the Holy Spirit a person cannot understand God's message to us in written scripture. People who study scripture without encountering God get the wrong message! They lean on the letter, which is death and miss Life!

"It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life." John 6:63

Words spoken by Jesus were Life, but words without the quickening Spirit, even words taken from scripture have only death in them. When dead words come up against the Truth, the Truth will always win as when the devil tried to quote scripture to Jesus.

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand

Bobby Jo
You've lost the debate, because you chose to resort to abuse and accusation. You have just shot yourself in the foot!

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Without the lead of the Holy Spirit a person cannot understand God's message to us in written scripture.

YOU can't understand what is written in PLAIN LANGUAGE. Do you REALLY expect the HOLY SPIRIT to tell you NOT TO BELIEVE WHAT JESUS SPECIFICALLY SAID?!?

Certainly a "spirit" will tell you not to believe Scripture, but it won't be the HOLY SPIRIT.
Bobby Jo

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You've lost the debate, because you chose to resort to abuse and accusation. You have just shot yourself in the foot!

Excuses, excuses. Liars always find excuses to run from anything that challenges their "view" of WHATEVER.

If you don't like what Jesus said, then start tearing pages from you Bible. Mine is missing TWO pages because a young man I was sharing with didn't want to hear about Bible Prophecy. So he tore a page out. I then asked if he was through, and he tore another page out.

So you won't be the first. And I HIGHLY RECOMMEND starting with Lke 22:35-36, because you ALSO apparently don't like WHAT IT SAYS!

Where do they come from?!?
Bobby Jo

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Excuses, excuses. Liars always find excuses to run from anything that challenges their "view" of WHATEVER.

If you don't like what Jesus said, then start tearing pages from you Bible. Mine is missing TWO pages because a young man I was sharing with didn't want to hear about Bible Prophecy. So he tore a page out. I then asked if he was through, and he tore another page out.

So you won't be the first. And I HIGHLY RECOMMEND starting with Lke 22:35-36, because you ALSO apparently don't like WHAT IT SAYS!

Where do they come from?!?
Bobby Jo
Sorry. It's all over. When you kick the player instead of the ball, you get a red card and are sent off!

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry. It's all over. When you kick the player instead of the ball, you get a red card and are sent off!

Before my grandchildren knew what they were saying, we'd walk together to the school bus, and as we left their mother's house I taught them to say: "Goodbye and good riddance". -- It's sounded "good" to a child, but was a "prank" to my beautiful daughter.

But it DOES apply to YOU!
Bobby Jo

To All,

I could be mistaken, but the harshest criticism Jesus ever uttered was directed towards the Religious of his day. And I strongly suspect that he would have the same for the Religious today.

They didn't like it then, and don't like it now.
Bobby Jo

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Before my grandchildren knew what they were saying, we'd walk together to the school bus, and as we left their mother's house I taught them to say: "Goodbye and good riddance". -- It's sounded "good" to a child, but was a "prank" to my beautiful daughter.

But it DOES apply to YOU!
Bobby Jo
Great. Have a good life.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
YOU can't understand what is written in PLAIN LANGUAGE. Do you REALLY expect the HOLY SPIRIT to tell you NOT TO BELIEVE WHAT JESUS SPECIFICALLY SAID?!?

Certainly a "spirit" will tell you not to believe Scripture, but it won't be the HOLY SPIRIT.
Bobby Jo
I sincerely pray that one day you will humble yourself and call on His name asking that He give you a vision of Truth. As Solomon wrote 3,000 years ago without a vision, the people of God will perish. An Interpreter is always required to understand what God is saying. When Jesus was walking in the flesh on planet Earth, He was the Interpreter for his disciples. Now, today, for those who receive Him and are not quenching the Holy Spirit, the Holy Spirit is the Interpreter.

You speak of plain language, but the Word of God is Not in plain language and you have missed His message.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brakelite

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is a topic I'm gaining a lot of interest in. Went through a Sunday School class last year that covered the book of Daniel.

For those who are learned in this area … or someone whose even just read one good book on this topic … who are the top 5 to 7 teachers in this area in your view point. Outside the Bible what resources have you found beneficial in understanding what is in the Bible.

I've googled and have come up with some interesting links … not to be lazy but if I can get a jump start by reading some quality teaching it will help me weed out the not so good stuff.

Would love to find a seminar on this where multiple speakers come in that may or may not have different views on it.

Thanks in advance.

If I were to recommend any non-Biblical source for prophecy to you it would be the books and video's done by a man named Chris White. I have found him to be one of the most consistent in his exegesis. But as I've told another member, you can read all the books, all the blogs, and watch all the videos about prophecy in the world. In the end, there still has to be a degree of discernment coming from you personally. When you use proper discernment, by deductive reasoning, you will see that some of the stuff these "teachers" propose about prophecy is hog wash. They all will at least get something right though, so I say just read everything, but believe absolutely nothing unless you can prove it in your own right.

Chris Whites website: Bible Prophecy Talk | Bible Prophecy News, Videos, and Podcasts from Chris White

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That kind of story has been peddled almost since the beginning of Christianity, by those who thought that they had it all figured out. And every time, a date was announced, the date came and passed to their disappointment. But it didn't stop others from doing the same things.

Some things never change.
"The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.
Is there any thing whereof it may be said, See, this is new? it hath been already of old time, which was before us." Ecc 1:9-10

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You are relatively new here, but you are learning something about BJ which the rest of us discovered to our detriment a long time ago. His obnoxious attitude is par for the course. His default position. Sad really. He is clearly a devoted and committed contributor to the forum... But he is the only one here who is right about everything.

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
You are relatively new here, but you are learning something about BJ which the rest of us discovered to our detriment a long time ago. His obnoxious attitude is par for the course. His default position. Sad really. He is clearly a devoted and committed contributor to the forum... But he is the only one here who is right about everything.
The more people argue with him and defend themselves against his abuse and accusations, the more he will do it. What many are going is giving him garbage to feed on.

If you want to get rid of an infestation of rats, you may kill the rats, but if you don't remove the garbage they feed on, more rats will come and you will be as bad off as you were originally. But get rid of the garbage, and the rats will have nothing to feed on, and they will go away in search of garbage elsewhere.

It is the same with dealing with demons. If a person is having problems with demonic activity, there is usually something in his life that invited them in the first place, and as long as there is 'garbage' in his life for them to feed on, it will be very difficult to remove them. This is why deliverance is often a very difficult and dramatic process with the demon fighting every inch of the way. It is because it was invited into the person's life and as long as the same conditions are there, it cannot see any reason to quit out of that person's life. But, deal with the issues in the person's life - the 'garbage' and get rid of it, then there will be no more reason for the demon to remain and often when the order for it to leave the person, it will say, "Okay. There is nothing here for me now, so I might as well go."

Dr Neill Anderson's book "The Bondage Breaker" is very good concerning this, and at the end of his book there is a comprehensive list of things that the suffering person needs to identify and renounce. In many cases, when the person has worked through the list, they have felt a sudden sense of freedom as the demon departs. In such cases, the demon doesn't have to be told to go. It just goes of its own accord.

But I am not starting a discussion about deliverance, but just giving an example of getting rid of the garbage that these abusers and accusers feed on here so they will have nothing to respond to or react against.

We can tell whether a barrel is full of honey or acid. All you have to do is kick it! Those who have ears to hear, let them hear...

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
His voice echoes around the empty room...

Not empty "room". -- You said in another Topic that I have not done "an in-depth comparative study of the Daniel prophecies and subsequent history". And then refused to defend your purported "expertise" by simply providing the name of the purported Cyrus DUAL MONARCHY (Two Horns), even after I provided a Historical citation of the Roman DUAL MONARCHY. And you also refused to substantiate your assertion that Alexander's kingdom was divided between FOUR GENERALS, even though I provided a Historical citation where his kingdom was divided between FIVE GENERALS for some 42 years.

So it's probably and empty "cranium". Otherwise you'd retract your unsubstantiated assertion pending your defense.

Jhn 10:12 But he that is an hireling, and not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, seeth the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep, and fleeth: and the wolf catcheth them, and scattereth the sheep.

GOD save us from people in the "ministry".
Bobby Jo

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I sincerely pray that one day you will ...

... obey Jesus' last instructions before going to the Garden of Gethsemane.

Luke 22:35 And he said to them, “When I sent you out with no purse or bag or sandals, did you lack anything?” They said, “Nothing.” 36 He said to them, “But now, let him who has a purse take it, and likewise a bag. And let him who has no sword sell his mantle and buy one.

Or you can ALWAYS suffer the consequences ...
Bobby Jo

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Not empty "room". -- You said in another Topic that I have not done "an in-depth comparative study of the Daniel prophecies and subsequent history". And then refused to defend your purported "expertise" by simply providing the name of the purported Cyrus DUAL MONARCHY (Two Horns), even after I provided a Historical citation of the Roman DUAL MONARCHY. And you also refused to substantiate your assertion that Alexander's kingdom was divided between FOUR GENERALS, even though I provided a Historical citation where his kingdom was divided between FIVE GENERALS for some 42 years.

So it's probably and empty "cranium". Otherwise you'd retract your unsubstantiated assertion pending your defense.

Jhn 10:12 But he that is an hireling, and not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, seeth the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep, and fleeth: and the wolf catcheth them, and scattereth the sheep.

GOD save us from people in the "ministry".
Bobby Jo
Elvis has left the building.