Prophecy/End Times ... Teachers/Resources

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

kc_hhsl

Feb 23, 2020
NE Colorado
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is a topic I'm gaining a lot of interest in. Went through a Sunday School class last year that covered the book of Daniel.

For those who are learned in this area … or someone whose even just read one good book on this topic … who are the top 5 to 7 teachers in this area in your view point. Outside the Bible what resources have you found beneficial in understanding what is in the Bible.

I've googled and have come up with some interesting links … not to be lazy but if I can get a jump start by reading some quality teaching it will help me weed out the not so good stuff.

Would love to find a seminar on this where multiple speakers come in that may or may not have different views on it.

Thanks in advance.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is a topic I'm gaining a lot of interest in. Went through a Sunday School class last year that covered the book of Daniel.

For those who are learned in this area … or someone whose even just read one good book on this topic … who are the top 5 to 7 teachers in this area in your view point. Outside the Bible what resources have you found beneficial in understanding what is in the Bible.

I've googled and have come up with some interesting links … not to be lazy but if I can get a jump start by reading some quality teaching it will help me weed out the not so good stuff.

Would love to find a seminar on this where multiple speakers come in that may or may not have different views on it.

Thanks in advance.
Kc,

Be very careful, what you are asking is not at all advisable. The actual source of all truth is available to you. Seek Him, and beware the teachings of men.

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Scroll round this site there are several people posting on this subject all in total ignorance that Jesus said, thank one knows when he was to return except God the Father.

Read what you can but do remember they Do Not Know when Jesus will return.

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My Mom used to say that if you live as though the world was going to end tomorrow, you won't have to worry about when it actually gets here.

Works for me.

Reactions: Nancy

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Thanks in advance.

Hi KC,

I have some bad news for you. in 12:4 & 9 the angel tells us these prophecies are "shut up and sealed" until when we can travel some 60-600mph, and when we have knowledge LITERALLY at our fingertips. But the commentators insist these prophecies are ANCIENT, some having been "opened" a mere ~50 years~ after putting pen & ink to paper.

And if you don't believe me believe Scripture, where Daniel 2 is interpreted as 1,2,3,4a,4b by the liars; but verse 45 says Iron, Bronze, Clay, Silver, Gold = 4,3,5,2,1 = FIVE.

And if Chapter 2 is FIVE, and we know that FIVE ≠ FOUR, then why do they insist that Chapter 2 = Chapter 7?!?

One could spend HOURS and DAYS dissecting the lies of the commentators versus validating the TRUTH of Scripture and History. So where to turn? There's not much choice. -- I haven't found anyone except the Scholars who handily refute the nonsense, but can't resolve a solution. Newton tried and failed, and then his idiot followers published the work which he refused to publish because he knew he failed, -- as ~1730~ wasn't the "time of the end".

Walvoord cites the Scholars, and then IGNORES their findings, so it's a starting point, but not much. For example regarding Dan. 9, Newton observed that there's NO Scriptural or Societal precedent for ~a pair of shoes costing seven and sixty-two dollars~. Thus the RSV CORRECTLY conveys the Seven and one duration; and the sixty-two as a separate duration. And the "weeks" are not in the usual Concise Feminine Gender text, but in the unusual INCONCISE Masculine Gender text found ONLY IN THE 9TH CHAPTER OF DANIEL, -- per Young, Keil, & Kliefoth.

So good luck. It's taken me years to separate the "commentator" LIES from the TRUTH. And to make it worse, the commentators KNOWINGLY are providing their BEST LIES, and NOT THE TRUTH because they refused to obey the angel's instructions to wait for the time of the end, -- which is prefaced around 1948.
Bobby Jo

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scroll round this site there are several people posting on this subject all in total ignorance that Jesus said, thank one knows when he was to return except God the Father.

@kc_hhsl
See? This is exactly the nonsense which you'll find. Assertions that we not only can't know the DAY or the HOUR, but can't know the Week; Month; Season; Year(1); Decade (10); Score (20); Century (100); Daytona (500); or Millennia (1,000). According to these individuals that abuse Scripture WE CAN KNOW NOTHING.

Of course Scripture tells us:

1 Thess. 5:2 For you yourselves know well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. 3 When people say, “There is peace and security,” then sudden destruction will come upon them as travail comes upon a woman with child, and there will be no escape. 4 But you are not in darkness, brethren, for that day to surprise you like a thief.

And so Scripture tells us the YEAR, and the Feasts tell us the WEEK. But the liars tell us lies ...
Bobby Jo

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
@kc_hhsl
See? This is exactly the nonsense which you'll find. Assertions that we not only can't know the DAY or the HOUR, but can't know the Week; Month; Season; Year(1); Decade (10); Score (20); Century (100); Daytona (500); or Millennia (1,000). According to these individuals that abuse Scripture WE CAN KNOW NOTHING.

Of course Scripture tells us:

1 Thess. 5:2 For you yourselves know well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. 3 When people say, “There is peace and security,” then sudden destruction will come upon them as travail comes upon a woman with child, and there will be no escape. 4 But you are not in darkness, brethren, for that day to surprise you like a thief.

And so Scripture tells us the YEAR, and the Feasts tell us the WEEK. But the liars tell us lies ...
Bobby Jo
"But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only. But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark, And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left. Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left. Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come. But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up. Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh" (Matthew 24:36-44).

So, if Jesus doesn't know when the Father will tell Him to return, how come do you think you know better than He does?

Reactions: Nancy

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only. ...
So, if Jesus doesn't know when the Father will tell Him to return, how come do you think you know better than He does?

Did you want to add to the words of Jesus? -- We can't know the Week; Month; Season; Year (1); Decade (10); Score (20); Century (100); Daytona (500); or Millennia (1,000)?

You're more than welcome to re-write Scripture, but don't sign Jesus' name to it.

And remember, -- SCRIPTURE provides the specific YEAR, and the FEASTS provide the WEEK. So if you don't know, -- you can always ASK! :)
Bobby Jo

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Did you want to add to the words of Jesus? -- We can't know the Week; Month; Season; Year (1); Decade (10); Score (20); Century (100); Daytona (500); or Millennia (1,000)?

You're more than welcome to re-write Scripture, but don't sign Jesus' name to it.

And remember, -- SCRIPTURE provides the specific YEAR, and the FEASTS provide the WEEK. So if you don't know, -- you can always ASK! :)
Bobby Jo
So, knowing more than what Jesus knows, you can predict the specific year and week that He is coming again? The JWs have tried over and over again since they started in the 1870s and have failed every time. They calculated but struck out, so how can you do any better?

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, knowing more than what Jesus knows, ...

Jesus wrote the Scriptures, and knows the Feasts. So HE knows the YEAR, and the WEEK. HE just doesn't know the DAY or the HOUR because the FEAST is a multi-day event. Only GOD knows which day and hour of that FEAST when Jesus will return.

... you can predict the specific year and week that He is coming again? ...

Nope, not me. But the Scriptures predict the YEAR, and the Feasts predicts the WEEK. All we have to do is understand what the Scriptures say Prophetically. And it's so simple, anyone with half a brain can follow the premise, -- provided a person has half a brain. ;)

Or -- be SURPRISED!
Bobby Jo

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nope, not me. But the Scriptures predict the YEAR, and the Feasts predicts the WEEK. All we have to do is understand what the Scriptures say Prophetically. And it's so simple, anyone with half a brain can follow the premise, -- provided a person has half a brain.

That kind of story has been peddled almost since the beginning of Christianity, by those who thought that they had it all figured out. And every time, a date was announced, the date came and passed to their disappointment. But it didn't stop others from doing the same things.

Some things never change.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Live as though He were coming tomorrow, and it won't matter when He comes.

Works for me. Even if I fail, sometimes.
Actually living as if today were the last day might come closer to what will do the job!

"Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof." Matt 6:34

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Prophecy and End-Times and the Day of the LORD and the Rapture are all interesting at this time. When you have apocalyptic plague like illness blanketing the whole world, such as we do right now, peoples attention is turned to that. Just think....this is only one minor plague. Think of the many plagues the world will face during the Day of the LORD, as told in the book of (Revelation). One right after another.

I do believe Jesus Christ knows now the timing of these events. During His earthly ministry He did not. (Mark 13:32) But since then, the Father has given Him revelation of that time. (Rev. 1:1) But we certainly don't know, nor is it given to us to know the day or hour. But we can observe the seasons. We can observe the props in place on stage and can make a judgement about the next act of the play. This is the reason the believer should not be surprised when that Day comes. (1 Thess. 5:4)

Myself, I hold to the Rapture of the Saints. Which means it, the Rapture, will be an immediate surprise but should not be a total surprise. As we can observe the seasons, so we know that the Rapture will occur first and will initiate, set into motion, the Day of the LORD. So all the more reason to not be taken by surprise. If we can see the props in place for the Day of the LORD, then it makes the Rapture much closer.

Stranger

Reactions: Paul Christensen

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually living as if today were the last day might come closer to what will do the job!

"Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof." Matt 6:34

Yes, good point.

Reactions: amadeus

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
....this is only one minor plague. ...

First of all, you don't know what you're talking about. And your guess is nothing more than a reflection of your ignorance. But if you KNEW what you were talking about, then you'd be doing instead of talking.

The good thing is, we need volunteers for the Great Falling Away, and there appears to be no shortage,
Bobby Jo

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually living as if today were the last day might come closer to what will do the job! ...

Bad advice. Good advice is to prepare today for what we'll need tomorrow. -- And even then there are no guarantees.

Lke 22:35 And he said to them, “When I sent you out with no purse or bag or sandals, did you lack anything?” They said, “Nothing.” 36 He said to them, “But now, let him who has a purse take it, and likewise a bag. And let him who has no sword sell his mantle and buy one.

And the magic parachute is a LIE,
Bobby Jo

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bad advice. Good advice is to prepare today for what we'll need tomorrow. -- And even then there are no guarantees.

Lke 22:35 And he said to them, “When I sent you out with no purse or bag or sandals, did you lack anything?” They said, “Nothing.” 36 He said to them, “But now, let him who has a purse take it, and likewise a bag. And let him who has no sword sell his mantle and buy one.

Bobby Jo
Care for your flesh well for as long as it lasts. This is part of our stewardship, but we are stewards also of the 'new man' who does not eat meat and potatoes and who has no love for the money of men and what it is able to purchase. How does one move from an heir to owner? There is a Life available that never ends, but it is Not found through stockpiling...

"And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?" John 11:26

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Care for your flesh well for as long as it lasts. ...

I quote Scriptural INSTRUCTIONS. You assert your "logic". -- Let's find out which is more reliable, shall we?

Bobby Jo

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I quote Scriptural INSTRUCTIONS. You assert your "logic". -- Let's find out which is more reliable, shall we?

Bobby Jo
Logic? Since when should we follow the logic of our own carnal mind rather than the Holy Spirit?

"O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps." Jerem 10:23

"And Jesus being full of the Holy Ghost returned from Jordan, and was led by the Spirit into the wilderness," Luke 4:1

"For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God." Rom 8:14