Prophets

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
that makes no sense, JESUS, the risen Christ, was "SEEN" of Paul, then Saul, in a vision, scripture,
Acts 26:19 Whereupon, O king Agrippa, I was not disobedient unto the heavenly vision.

are you saying that Paul is NOT an apostle?
And let's not forget there were numerous "apostles" besides the 12.....what about the 70 that came back boasting of casting out demons?

The Seventy Apostles were chosen by the Lord subsequent to His choosing of the first Twelve Apostles; and this commissioning took place at a time near to the day of His crucifixion (Luke 9:1-6 [3]). They were commanded to preach the gospel to all people--first to Jews, then to Gentiles. As with the first Twelve Apostles, Christ sent the Seventy out in pairs, telling them to go before Him “into every town and place" where He Himself “was about to go.”

The Lord’s command is given to us in Luke chapter 10. Verses 1-4 of that chapter read, “ 1 After this the Lord appointed seventy-two others and sent them two by two ahead of him to every town and place where he was about to go. 2 He told them, "The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field. 3 Go! I am sending you out like lambs among wolves. 4 Do not take a purse or bag or sandals; and do not greet anyone on the road”. Later in the same chapter we read of how the Lord gave them further instructions on how to act and what to say while carrying out this mission.

Luke 10:17 reveals the Lord’s great joy over the preaching work of His disciples as well as their own joy after having successfully completed a particular mission. The verse reads, “17 The seventy-two returned with joy and said, "Lord, even the demons submit to us in your name." 18 He replied, "I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven. 19 I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you. 20 However, do not rejoice that the spirits submit to you, but rejoice that your names are written in heaven."

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
And let's not forget there were numerous "apostles" besides the 12.....what about the 70 that came back boasting of casting out demons?

The Seventy Apostles were chosen by the Lord subsequent to His choosing of the first Twelve Apostles; and this commissioning took place at a time near to the day of His crucifixion (Luke 9:1-6 [3]). They were commanded to preach the gospel to all people--first to Jews, then to Gentiles. As with the first Twelve Apostles, Christ sent the Seventy out in pairs, telling them to go before Him “into every town and place" where He Himself “was about to go.”

The Lord’s command is given to us in Luke chapter 10. Verses 1-4 of that chapter read, “ 1 After this the Lord appointed seventy-two others and sent them two by two ahead of him to every town and place where he was about to go. 2 He told them, "The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field. 3 Go! I am sending you out like lambs among wolves. 4 Do not take a purse or bag or sandals; and do not greet anyone on the road”. Later in the same chapter we read of how the Lord gave them further instructions on how to act and what to say while carrying out this mission.

Luke 10:17 reveals the Lord’s great joy over the preaching work of His disciples as well as their own joy after having successfully completed a particular mission. The verse reads, “17 The seventy-two returned with joy and said, "Lord, even the demons submit to us in your name." 18 He replied, "I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven. 19 I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you. 20 However, do not rejoice that the spirits submit to you, but rejoice that your names are written in heaven."
I think the 70 would be called disciples rather than Apostles in the primary sense.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think the 70 would be called disciples rather than Apostles in the primary sense.
As with the 12 disciples who became apostles...

Although the words disciple and apostle are sometimes used interchangeably, they mean different things. A disciple is a follower or student of someone. An apostle is someone who is sent out with a message or mission. In the Bible, Jesus' disciples were the group of followers who listened and learned from him.

Ac28

May 18, 2016
Arkansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, that's part of the many reasons Im an LDS Christian.

The core of being a Christian is accepting Christ, the Son of God, as your Savior and Lord. Being His disciple.

Past that core you have disagreements on about every subject (as seen on this board). Yes, Catholic Christians understand things different than Calvinist Christians than Methodist Christians than LDS Christians than Orthodox Christians than Non-denom Christians, etc.

From what little I know about LDS, I would say the term LDS Christian is an oxymoron. They don't blend. They don't mesh. They have absolutely nothing in common. To me, you must pick one or the other, but you can't have both.

The Christ you accept MUST be the Christ of the Bible - the uncreated creator of all - the I AM. The Alpha and Omega. The First and the Last

Being a Christian starts with your concept of Deity. You can say you are Christian but, if you accept what I understand are the LDS definitions of Christ and God, it is impossible that you are a Christian
----To be a Christian, the Christ you believe in can't be the spirit brother of Lucifer. That is totally impossible. That would be a completely different Christ than the true Christ of the Bible.
----To be a Christian, the God you believe in couldn't have once been a man. That would be a completely different God than the true God of the Bible

Isa 45:5-6 There is only one God
5 I am the Lord, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me:
6 That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside me. I am the Lord, and there is none else.

Last edited:

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The core of being a Christian is accepting Christ, the Son of God, as your Savior and Lord. Being His disciple.
Hi Jane_Doe22,
true, Jesus is the Son of God, this I truly agree with. and that he is Lord and Saviour,

but condiser this, is he not the "Father?"

D

Dave L

History says Ananias who laid hands on Paul was one of the 70.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From what little I know about LDS, I would say the term LDS Christian is an oxymoron.
I'm happy to clarify :)
The Christ you accept MUST be the Christ of the Bible - the creator of all - the I AM. The Alpha and Omega. The First and the Last
100% do.
----To be a Christian, the Christ you believe in can't be the spirit brother of Lucifer. That would be a completely different Christ than the true Christ of the Bible.
LDS don't see any special relationship between Christ and Lucifer- despite what some bad sources will tell you. LDS do acknowledge that the Father is the Father of all, so technically that makes everyone brothers and sisters, but it's nothing special. Christ alone is the Son of God-- the one who's always been One with the Father, the Only Begotten, completely obedient etc.
----To be a Christian, the God you believe in couldn't have once been a man.
Not actual LDS doctrine. There are a few speculations about the Father's history, but not doctrine (aka you can entirely reject it, not discussed in Church, etc), and honestly to even understand the speculations requires a long of background other stuff. A bad source of information neglects to tell a person all of that and instead paints a picture no LDS person actually believes.
Isa 45:5-6 There is only one God
100% believed. The ONE God consists of more than one person (Father, Son, etc).

If you want I can elaborate more on any of these points.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Jane_Doe22,
true, Jesus is the Son of God, this I truly agree with. and that he is Lord and Saviour,

but condiser this, is he not the "Father?"
The Father and the Son are two different persons. I'm no modalist. Granted, the Son can and on occasion does use the "Father" title. But they are two different persons.

Last edited:

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scripture says you are wrong on all counts. You can fuss and moan all you want but it won't change what is written.
I don't believe so, the scriptures agree with me.

since you cannot answer the Revelation 1:1 question, I'll answer it for you. the angel in
Rev 22:6 said, "And he said unto me, These sayings are faithful and true: and the Lord God of the holy prophets sent his angel to shew unto his servants the things which must shortly be done".

the angel clearly said the "Lord God" of the Holy Peophets sent him. many scholars, I mean many said it was the Father Jehovah that sent the angel. the reason why they say that is because of the term "the Lord God of the holy prophets". they equate this to the God of the OT.

which they are correct, but not in application. for the correct is in Revelation 22:16 as to who by NAME sent "his" angel. read Rev 22:16.

now, I know you didn't know that. see you said, when Jesus Cchist is revealed the gifts ceased. well he been revealed but not to "YOU" until now, so the gift must be in play at least for you until today........ :cool:

now what about someone else who don't KNOW that the Lord Jesus is the Father without flesh in the OT, and the Son, with flesh in the NT?. do that have any effect on the Gift he gives?

see, just because my Faith might not be where your faith is do not affect anything the Lord Jesus do with me.

you could be right with the scripture, but by Faith it might not be applicable to someone else.

D

Dave L

since you cannot answer the Revelation 1:1 question, I'll answer it for you. the angel in
Rev 22:6 said, "And he said unto me, These sayings are faithful and true: and the Lord God of the holy prophets sent his angel to shew unto his servants the things which must shortly be done".

And...........it was called.............drum roll please.................. The Revelation of Jesus Christ.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
alright, since you are on the right road now, let see if you understand, is the Lord Jesus the Father..... drum roll....

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you familiar with any of the Ecumenical Creeds?

see the creed should, be based on the bible, I'm very, very familiar with the bible.

now is the Lord Jesus the Father? yes or no.

D

Dave L

see the creed should, be based on the bible, I'm very, very familiar with the bible.

now is the Lord Jesus the Father? yes or no.
Pleas consult the ecumenical creeds for an exhaustive but precise statement. (If you know elementary Church history you can skip this).

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus Christ is the personal name of the triune God.
triune God?

ok reconcile thises two verse for me

John 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Isa 44:24 Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;

ok dave, is this the same person? yes or no.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
triune God?

ok reconcicle thises two verse for me

John 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Isa 44:24 Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;

ok dave, is this the same person? yes or no.
You're wasting your time 101G. Dave worships the Creeds and doesn't want anything else.

Reactions: amadeus