Prophets

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

D

Dave L

I must disagree with that statement. querstion dave, is the Pastor a gift yes or No?

I'll be looking for your answer.... :)
You are trying to sell one office on the merits of another.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You cannot sell one expired office on the merits of a present office. It's dishonest.
did not ask you that, "is the Pastor a gift yes or No?", please answer the question, YES or NO.

now if you cannot answer or need time for your answer just say so..... :)

now can you answer?, last chance.

D

Dave L

did not ask you that, "is the Pastor a gift yes or No?", please answer the question, YES or NO.

now if you cannot answer or need time for your answer just say so..... :)

now can you answer?, last chance.
Last chance?

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
fear not dave, I'll help you out in your last chance to answer the question. listen,
Jer 3:15 And I will give you pastors according to mine heart, which shall feed you with knowledge and understanding.

can you find the Pastor in the charismatic gifts list in 1 Corinthians 12:7-11 that you said is ceased. (smile).

I'll be looking for your answer....... :eek:

D

Dave L

fear not dave, I'll help you out in your last chance to answer the question. listen,
Jer 3:15 And I will give you pastors according to mine heart, which shall feed you with knowledge and understanding.

can you find the Pastor in the charismatic gifts list in 1 Corinthians 12:7-11 that you said is ceased. (smile).

I'll be looking for your answer....... :eek:
Pastors were not all apostles. And since the death of John, no pastors are apostles.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It is a common ploy to divide up the biblical text when people don't like what they read. Either we take all the gifts and functions as being of the same Spirit and purpose....the spiritual edification of the church....

...or .....we must reject all the gifts and functions together as the expression of the Spirit.

To divide them based on the difficulty of accepting the greater sounding gifts...is to take away the truth from the word.

God doesn't do half-measures.

Last edited:
Reactions: Acolyte
D

Dave L

It is a common ploy to divide up the biblical text when people don't like what they read. Either we take all the gifts and functions as being of the same Spirit and purpose....the spiritual edification of the church.

Or we must reject all the gifts and functions together as the expression of the Spirit.

To divide them based on the difficulty of accepting the greater sounding gifts...is to take away the truth from the word.

God doesn't do half-measures.
Not sound exegesis. Some gifts expire according to Paul, others remain throughout the NT.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you Just can't answer the question can you,, so I'll answer it for you.

You had no clue that the Pastor is the first “GIFT” on the charismatic gifts list in 1 Corinthians 12:8 that you said is ceased.

Understand dave, that the only Pastor to the church of the Lord Jesus Christ is he himself, the Lord JESUS. And the Pastoral gift, which is HIM, the Spirit, the Lord Jesus, is the first gift listed. Listen, 1Cor 12:7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.
1Cor 12:8 For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;

Understand dave, the Pastor is the Gift in them, NOT him or her. Scripture, Jer 3:15 And I will give you pastors according to mine heart, which shall feed you with knowledge and understanding.

And this Knowledge and understanding is in verse 8 of 1Cor 12. dave, do you know what “a word of wisdom” is? UNDERSTANDING, and also in the same verse we have KNOWLEDGE, how? By the SAME “SPIRIT” ……. (smile) see it’s the Spirit that “gives ”KNOWLEDGE” and “UNDERSTANDING”, not some man or woman. and Jer 3:15 God said I, I, I, will give you, "And I will give you pastors according to mine heart, which shall feed you with knowledge and understanding". no man knows the deep thing of God but the Spirit himself.

The Pastor is the gift of GOD, the Pastoral Gift is one of the gifts you said is ceased.

That’s why I told you that Paul was a PASTOR, why? Because he had the HOLY SPIRIT, who is all Knowledge and Understanding as he, Paul, said in 1 Corinthians 13:2 READ THE VERSE.

no man or woman can be a Pastor without the GIFT the you said is ceased in them.

Reactions: Frank Lee
D

Dave L

you Just can't answer the question can you,, so I'll answer it for you.

You had no clue that the Pastor is the first “GIFT” on the charismatic gifts list in 1 Corinthians 12:8 that you said is ceased.

Understand dave, that the only Pastor to the church of the Lord Jesus Christ is he himself, the Lord JESUS. And the Pastoral gift, which is HIM, the Spirit, the Lord Jesus, is the first gift listed. Listen, 1Cor 12:7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.
1Cor 12:8 For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;

Understand dave, the Pastor is the Gift in them, NOT him or her. Scripture, Jer 3:15 And I will give you pastors according to mine heart, which shall feed you with knowledge and understanding.

And this Knowledge and understanding is in verse 8 of 1Cor 12. dave, do you know what “a word of wisdom” is? UNDERSTANDING, and also in the same verse we have KNOWLEDGE, how? By the SAME “SPIRIT” ……. (smile) see it’s the Spirit that “gives ”KNOWLEDGE” and “UNDERSTANDING”, not some man or woman. and Jer 3:15 God said I, I, I, will give you, "And I will give you pastors according to mine heart, which shall feed you with knowledge and understanding". no man knows the deep thing of God but the Spirit himself.

The Pastor is the gift of GOD, the Pastoral Gift is one of the gifts you said is ceased.

That’s why I told you that Paul was a PASTOR, why? Because he had the HOLY SPIRIT, who is all Knowledge and Understanding as he, Paul, said in 1 Corinthians 13:2 READ THE VERSE.

no man or woman can be a Pastor without the GIFT the you said is ceased in them.
The Permanent Spiritual Gifts
1. Teaching
2. Helps (Ministering)
3. Administration
4. Evangelism
5. Pastor-Teacher
6. Exhortation
7. Giving
8. Mercy
9. Faith
10. Celibacy

J Beardsley. (n.d.). A Review of the (Nine) Temporary Spiritual Gifts*.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Permanent Spiritual Gifts
1. Teaching
2. Helps (Ministering)
3. Administration
4. Evangelism
5. Pastor-Teacher
6. Exhortation
7. Giving
8. Mercy
9. Faith
10. Celibacy

J Beardsley. (n.d.). A Review of the (Nine) Temporary Spiritual Gifts*.
I can care less what J Beardsley says, I know what God said, and like the apostle Peter said,
Acts 5:29 Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men.

dave you have the wrong spirit. IMO...... :)

Reactions: Frank Lee
D

Dave L

I can care less what J Beardsley says, I know what God said, and like the apostle Peter said,
Acts 5:29 Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men.

dave you have the wrong spirit. IMO...... :)
You are neglecting scripture, over-riding it with your assumptions.

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Blessed are believers in the Holy Spirit that Jesus alone gives, causes to be indwelling, baptizes with. For they shall receive gifts.

Pity the unbelievers for there are no gifts for them at Christmas. While believers rejoice in Jesus and give thanks for his wonderful spitlritual gifts those that cling to the false gods of denominational dogma are self condemned to cripple by without them.

Life without being filled to overflowing with the Holy Spirit is a sad affair for those living in the strength of their flesh. They must do a continual spiritual song and dance in their emaciated fleshly strength in an oh so vain attempt to emulate the anointing of the Holy Spirit.

Reactions: 101G
D

Dave L

Blessed are believers in the Holy Spirit that Jesus alone gives, causes to be indwelling, baptizes with. For they shall receive gifts.

Pity the unbelievers for there are no gifts for them at Christmas. While believers rejoice in Jesus and give thanks for his wonderful spitlritual gifts those that cling to the false gods of denominational dogma are self condemned to cripple by without them.

Life without being filled to overflowing with the Holy Spirit is a sad affair for those living in the strength of their flesh. They must do a continual spiritual song and dance in their emaciated fleshly strength in an oh so vain attempt to emulate the anointing of the Holy Spirit.
All believers are baptized in the Holy Spirit. But certain gifts expired with the Apostles who distributed them through their hands.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1Cor 12:7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.
(STOP right there, if God gave us these gifts, he never took is Spirit away, for the Gifts are the Spirit, and the Spirit is still here).

1Cor 12:9 To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;
1Cor 12:10 To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:
1Cor 12:11 But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.

Eph 4:8 Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men.

Rom 11:29 For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance. OTHER WORDS GOD DON'T TAKE IT BACK.