propitiation by His blood, through faith

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will attempt to answer your query, but alas it will require three parts as you must know by now that I like to be through in my responses especially in regards to important items.

You ask: I was just wondering if you had any scripture where it states: children and all mankind will be on this earth after being resurrected.

In Reply, Where exactly did you imagine mankind would be following the resurrection? I only ask this because I know many have been taught all manner of foolishness respecting what is to become of the earth, with some suggesting it will be burned up later to be replaced by a new earth.

The scriptures to the contrary assure us that the earth abides forever (Eccl 1:4), that it is not the literal earth which is to be burned up in the great time of trouble (2 Pet 3:7, 10), but rather symbolic earth, the present social order of things, this present evil world (or age).

Thus saith the LORD, The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool…” Isa 66:1 (See Matt 5:35 also), and “…I will make the place of my feet glorious.” (Isa 60:13) Here the Lord refers to the Kingdom to come when He shall establish righteousness throughout the earth.) “The heavens, even the heavens, are the Lord’s: but the earth hath he given to the children of men.” Psa 115:16

In conjunction with the promise to make the place of His feet glorious He has promised that in the times of restitution to come He will restore all things (Acts 3:19-21).

For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost”. (Luke 19:10)

“The words lost and saved have a common significance known to all: A thing lost is a thing once possessed, and a thing saved is a thing once possessed and then lost and finally recovered. Jesus said the thing he came to save was the thing that men had lost; and the implication is that since he had come to save the thing lost, men were unable to save it for themselves, which experience and many scriptures clearly prove.

Now if we can determine just what man lost, we will know just what Jesus came to save. Man could not lose what he never had. Adam, who stood as the representative of our race, had a perfect human organism, and a right to everlasting continuance of life, on condition of obedience to God. He was privileged to enjoy all the delights of his Eden home, and the communion and blessings of God; in short, all the privileges that everlasting life under perfect human conditions is capable of enjoying and looking forward to.

All this Adam lost through sin, both for himself and his posterity. Home, happiness, communion with God, health, and life itself, were lost. Consequently, mankind lies in utter wreck and ruin, dead and dying. In having lost his right to life he fell under the dominion of death, whose successive steps of misery, depravity, sickness and pain, end in total extinction of being, from which he can never recover himself.

Jesus came then to save and restore that which was lost; to restore man to his original (human) perfection, and to communion with God, to give him back his paradise restored, and all the pleasing prospects of future blessings that accumulating ages can bestow, and that the powers of perfect humanity will be capable of enjoying.

What! Does someone say, ‘Is so much implied in those words of our Lord?’

Yes; this is one way in which our Lord foretold the restitution of all things. All this is implied in the word saved. Think of it; could the words mean less than this? Certainly not; and, from this and many other scriptures, we have learned to trust in the living God, who is the Savior of all men, especially of those that believe. (1 Tim. 4:10). There is a special salvation for some, as well as a general salvation for all men, as Paul here intimates, but we are not considering the special salvation now.

In the above text (Luke 19:10) Jesus was speaking of the general salvation of all men--the saving of that which was lost. For God "will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth." (1 Tim. 2:4) When men are actually saved, their restored existence will be as at first, dependent on obedience for its continuance, which obedience will be easy and productive of constant happiness when evil and temptation are fully removed, and the great deceiver and tempter is bound and finally destroyed, and when the law of God is written in their hearts. (Jer. 31:33).” R603

I will continue addressing your thoughts with my next post.

"Where exactly did you imagine mankind would be following the resurrection? I only ask this because I know many have been taught all manner of foolishness respecting what is to become of the earth, with some suggesting it will be burned up later to be replaced by a new earth.?"
Well, from your post, #332:
"I’m not certain whether you are saying you are unfamiliar with the 1000 year reign of Christ or with the idea that children (as well as all mankind) will in the next age be resurrected and brought to the knowledge of the truth, that each might decide for themselves whether to accept the salvation provided in Christ and fully submit themselves to the New World Order, The Kingdom of God and His Christ whose work it will be to restore to mankind all that was lost in father Adam, i.e. human perfection, dominion of the earth and most importantly everlasting life."

Okay, That's allot to read, and it was the first post only! lol.
To keep this simple, I have been taught, and read in Revelation 20:4 that it will be the tribulation saints who will inhabit the earth during Christs physical (IMHO) 1000 year reign.