Proselyting Techniques of Mormon Missionaries

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you Jane, for your responses.
I may ask more at another time if you do not mind!

I do believe there will be ppl from all walks of the faith in heaven. Some will be very surprised at whom they may be.
In all things God is the judge and only " in Christ", since his D,B & R, will we be covered. He only sees the blood covering of believers in these last days.

Be blessed and your home!

Reactions: Jane_Doe22

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you Jane, for your responses.
I may ask more at another time if you do not mind!

I do believe there will be ppl from all walks of the faith in heaven. Some will be very surprised at whom they may be.
In all things God is the judge and only " in Christ", since his D,B & R, will we be covered. He only sees the blood covering of believers in these last days.

Be blessed and your home!
Amen and Anytime brother!

Reactions: The Learner

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I like that we love the KJV for the same reason ❤️

I have only heard of and seen advertised the " Book of Mormon", what does that entail. The other titles you've mentioned are unfamiliar.

What comprises these books? Are they excerpts of the KJV or from your own Apostles & Prophets?
I was always taught the Mormons believed in the Bible--as long as it was translated correctly <--that's one of the clinchers. God having a wife is kinda bad too.

Last edited:

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yes. I was raised LDS.
Yes, and left 50+ years ago, if I recall correctly. Please correct me if I'm misremembering.

I was always taught the Mormons believed in the Bible--as long as it was translated correctly <--that's one of the clinchers.
Junk translations are junk. Would you go for the Jehovah Witness translation? I wouldn't-- I love the Bible way too much to accept such a distorted and biased mockery. Instead, stick with more scholarly/accurate translations like KJV, NKJV, ESV, NASB, etc.

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thats how I was taught.

"The eighth article of faith says, “We believe the Bible to be the word of God as far as it is translated correctly.”" In Joseph Smith's day, the word translate didn't just mean to take something from one language into another; it also could mean to transfer, convey, interpret, or explain.

I dont know why Jane bangs on so much about postings on threads about Mormon stuff.

I dont know what she means about junk., Its an article of faith with explanation. Joseph wrote that there was some stuff missing:

1 Nephi 13:28 "Wherefore, thou seest that after the book hath gone forth through the hands of the great and abominable church, that there are many plain and precious things taken away from the book, which is the book of the Lamb of God."

This must contain the part where they talk about us being spirit babies, and God having a wife.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Proselyting might be easy to people that have not immersed themselves in the bible, new testament and old. The book of Mormon does not appear to be written in a similar manner. I read the book of Mormon when I was a Mormon. But never got any testimony from the Holy Spirit regarding it. I read thru a few books a while ago and stopped reading after 2 Nephi. He talks too much about the fruit of his loins. And with the history of polygamy it was a real deal breaker for me. The new testament is clearly divinely written. But the book of Mormon pales in comparison. There is also some racist areas where it talks about the pleasant white people and how the native Americans received a mark like Cain. And what appears to be a mistake on Joseph Smiths part where he mentions in 1 Nephi finding goats and wild goats. As if he would find other than wild goats in the new land. Hmmm.

Again part of the selling point is that the Mormons promise heaven to those that follow their direction. And if you don't they can ex-communicate you. It is a fear based church as though they have some real authority as a Prophet and 12 Apostles. They say they seal in heaven marriage and family. And also have power to break it.

The proselyting is based off of lies created as if they were true from the "prophet" Joseph Smith and the bible contradicts those lies. So they push the book of Mormon instead of the Bible too much. I know I have seen it. They really push the book of Mormon. And it is usually to people that don't know the bible. And then they claim the bible is not interpreted correctly. Yet we now have the dead sea scrolls supporting the bible.

My story for people interested:

When my Mormon wife divorced me when I became too ill to work, she found someone else 3 months later and married him. Took our kids eventually to live in Utah. she wrote the temple president to unseal her from me. I felt by the Holy Spirit not to respond to the temple presidents letter regarding it. He then unsealed us. She will not let me see my children and had them legally adopted by their step father. Terrible story for someone that is mentally ill and became too ill to be married and have children. But long story short, they claim to have taken away all my Mormon heavenly blessings of family.

When I became too mentally ill to work, about 13 years after contracting schizophrenia, I went to the Mormon church leader and asked for help. I received 2 bags of groceries and then was turned away. The leader looked at me and said "there is nothing wrong with you". Probably part of the embarrassment of why my wife shunned me and divorced me. As if I just was too lazy to be responsible or something?

• Love

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thats how I was taught.

"The eighth article of faith says, “We believe the Bible to be the word of God as far as it is translated correctly.”" In Joseph Smith's day, the word translate didn't just mean to take something from one language into another; it also could mean to transfer, convey, interpret, or explain.

I dont know why Jane bangs on so much about postings on threads about Mormon stuff.

I dont know what she means about junk., Its an article of faith with explanation. Joseph wrote that there was some stuff missing:

1 Nephi 13:28 "Wherefore, thou seest that after the book hath gone forth through the hands of the great and abominable church, that there are many plain and precious things taken away from the book, which is the book of the Lamb of God."

This must contain the part where they talk about us being spirit babies, and God having a wife.
Cassandra, would you study out of the Jehovah Witness translation of the Bible? Yes or no.
Do you think having a high quality Bible translation is important?

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I was to rely only on the scientific method to learn things, I would toss all Abrahamic faiths into the trash due to how anti-scientific a hyper-literal reading of the Bible is (Genesis alone is terrible).

Thankfully, the scientific method is only one of many ways of learning things. I do celebrate the Bible and rest of God's words, as they teach me things science can't (and vise versa). I was a professional scientist for years, studying evolution and human-landscape interactions. Pretty much I got paid to study God's handiwork and understand the iceberg tip of how it all fit together, it was awesome!
Proselyting might be easy to people that have not immersed themselves in the bible, new testament and old. The book of Mormon does not appear to be written in a similar manner. I read the book of Mormon when I was a Mormon. But never got any testimony from the Holy Spirit regarding it. I read thru a few books a while ago and stopped reading after 2 Nephi. He talks too much about the fruit of his loins. And with the history of polygamy it was a real deal breaker for me. The new testament is clearly divinely written. But the book of Mormon pales in comparison. There is also some racist areas where it talks about the pleasant white people and how the native Americans received a mark like Cain. And what appears to be a mistake on Joseph Smiths part where he mentions in 1 Nephi finding goats and wild goats. As if he would find other than wild goats in the new land. Hmmm.

Again part of the selling point is that the Mormons promise heaven to those that follow their direction. And if you don't they can ex-communicate you. It is a fear based church as though they have some real authority as a Prophet and 12 Apostles. They say they seal in heaven marriage and family. And also have power to break it.

The proselyting is based off of lies created as if they were true from the "prophet" Joseph Smith and the bible contradicts those lies. So they push the book of Mormon instead of the Bible too much. I know I have seen it. They really push the book of Mormon. And it is usually to people that don't know the bible. And then they claim the bible is not interpreted correctly. Yet we now have the dead sea scrolls supporting the bible.

When my Mormon wife divorced me when I became too ill to work, she found someone else 3 months later and married him. Took our kids eventually to live in Utah. she wrote the temple president to unseal her from me. I felt by the Holy Spirit not to respond to the temple presidents letter regarding it. He then unsealed us. She will not let me see my children and had them legally adopted by their step father. Terrible story for someone that is mentally ill and became too ill to be married and have children. But long story short, they claim to have taken away all my Mormon heavenly blessings of family.

When I became too mentally ill to work, about 13 years after contracting schizophrenia, I went to the Mormon church leader and asked for help. I received 2 bags of groceries and then was turned away. The leader looked at me and said "there is nothing wrong with you". Probably part of the embarrassment of why my wife shunned me and divorced me. As if I just was too lazy to be responsible or something?
I'm sorry, but this isn't very accurate.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Last edited:

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I was to rely only on the scientific method to learn things, I would toss all Abrahamic faiths into the trash due to how anti-scientific a hyper-literal reading of the Bible is (Genesis alone is terrible).

Thankfully, the scientific method is only one of many ways of learning things. I do celebrate the Bible and rest of God's words, as they teach me things science can't (and vise versa). I was a professional scientist for years, studying evolution and human-landscape interactions. Pretty much I got paid to study God's handiwork and understand the iceberg tip of how it all fit together, it was awesome!

I'm sorry, but this isn't very accurate.
I'll tell you what is more accurate than the Mormon church and it's D&C and book of Mormon or the Joseph Smith translations, the Holy Bible. It says there is no marriage in heaven and we become as angels (Matthew 22:30-32), or that the true church has members that share all things in common so that everyone has according to their needs (Acts 4:32-36), or that prophets are below apostles (1 Corinthians 12:28-30), and that a little wine can be good for the stomach (1 Timothy 5:23):

1 Corinthians 12:28 And God has appointed these in the church: first apostles, second prophets, third teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, administrations, varieties of tongues. 29 Are all apostles? Are all prophets? Are all teachers? Are all workers of miracles? 30 Do all have gifts of healings? Do all speak with tongues? Do all interpret?

The church has many prophets that can share within church meetings, that is in the bible.

Do Mormons tell their proselytes that anyone that shares another gospel than the one preached in the bible is accursed? (Galatians 1:8)

I think there are many things from the bible that Mormons are taught to ignore, so that they can push marriage in heaven and other glorious things that sell more than being a servant angel to God.

Last edited:
  • Love

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Probably one of the biggest things Mormons don't want their proselytes to know is that the human body and our way of life is too corrupt for heaven, since they push worldly ideas for heaven, like marriage and children.

1 Corinthians 15:50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; nor does corruption inherit incorruption. 51 Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed—

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Rest assured that God loves you and I hope you have tons of people around you that love and care about you. I know the folk here like you. you are one of my favorite people.

Last edited: