Protestantism is a sin....

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Try reading JOHN . Try reading what paul wrote , IF we , if an angel , if any preach any other gosple unto you
......................let them be accursed . Or john . TEST ALL spirits. WE have us many deceivers in many a pulpit today .
And the RCC is the mother of them all . If i , by grace , wont enter into the chamber of a harlot
What on earth makes you think i am gonna climb on in bed , WITH THE MOTHER OF ALL HARLOTS .
You need to flee her . You must my friend . Time is running out . WHEN on the day of JESUS
all do stand before the LORD , ITS GONNA BE TOO LATE . Come out now my friend . I will keep praying for you .
Cause in the end , on that final day , the last thing anyone wants to hear is , WELL I NEVER KNEW YOU .
Cause the next thing , after hearing that , IS THE LAKE OF FIRE . I say this , for you sake and out of great love for you and the peoples .
I desire none to perish . SO i warn my friend . I warn . And though my warnings have led me to being cast out of many a place
STILL outta love i will warn , and OH LORD may i warn till my last and final breath .
COME YE OUT FROM AMONGST HER . BE YE HOLY . Lest ye partake of her sins and recieve the plagues that GOD is gonna send against her .
COME YE OUT .

you’re the ones preaching another gospel by the mouth of the excommunicated luther 1500 years later
Paul and John and the apostles were catholic

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
According to the RCC .
The Bible my friend

1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Galatians 3:27
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Ephesians 4:5 
One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

Colossians 2:12
Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

Gal 4:19
My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you,

Titus 3:5
Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; (baptism)

2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Heb 10:22
Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.

1 Jn 2:20 But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things.

1 Jn 2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

(Born of God) faith and baptism

Jn 1:12-13 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

1 Jn 5:4 For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

5 Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?

6 This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth.

7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

8 And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.

Born of God by baptism

1 pet 1:2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

1 Peter 1:22
Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently: see Ez 36

Rev 1:5 And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood, (baptism rom 6:3-4)

1 Pet 3:20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us!
(Ark of Noah a type of the church, member of Christ and his church and salvation by baptism!)
(Outside the ark of Noah none were saved, outside the church (the ark of salvation) none are saved!)

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you’re the ones preaching another gospel by the mouth of the excommunicated luther 1500 years later...

Catholics JUDGED Luther and kicked Luther out of THEIR Catholic Church...

Really, so what? Who cares? Except that that was a blessing in disguise.

Uh no, they were not Catholic!
They were Jews, Serving their Jewish Master, whom they discovered is the Word and Power and Wisdom and Quickening Spirit of God.
^ THAT is not the definition of a Catholic.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible my friend

1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Galatians 3:27
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Ephesians 4:5 
One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

Colossians 2:12
Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

Gal 4:19
My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you,

Titus 3:5
Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; (baptism)

2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Heb 10:22
Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.

1 Jn 2:20 But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things.

1 Jn 2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

(Born of God) faith and baptism

Jn 1:12-13 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

1 Jn 5:4 For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

5 Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?

6 This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth.

7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

8 And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.

Born of God by baptism

1 pet 1:2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

1 Peter 1:22
Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently: see Ez 36

Rev 1:5 And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood, (baptism rom 6:3-4)

1 Pet 3:20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us!
(Ark of Noah a type of the church, member of Christ and his church and salvation by baptism!)
(Outside the ark of Noah none were saved, outside the church (the ark of salvation) none are saved!)
Those and other beautiful scrips , SURE DONT POINT TO THE RCC . THEY have us FLEE that deadly dangerous place .

Reactions: Nancy

Desire Of All Nations

Jun 23, 2021
Troy
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh? How about Paul repenting on the road to Damascus, set apart from those Apostles who walked with Jesus? Sure, he chatted with the old guard here and there but mainly, he was an independent Crusader.
This is a bold faced lie, and the Bible itself exposes you as being an obvious liar:

1. "And consider that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation—as also our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given to him, has written to you," - 2 Pet. 3:15

Now if Paul was an independent minister as you say, Peter wouldn't admonish the Jewish Christians he wrote to consider what Paul wrote to them.

2. "Then after three years I went up to Jerusalem to see Peter, and remained with him fifteen days." - Gal. 1:18

This one is by far one of the more damning piece of evidence against your lie. Why? Because if Paul acted as an independent minister, he wouldn't have had to go to Jerusalem to be confirmed as an apostle of God by Peter.

3. "Therefore, when Paul and Barnabas had no small dissension and dispute with them, they determined that Paul and Barnabas and certain others of them should go up to Jerusalem, to the apostles and elders, about this question." - Acts 15:2

This is the biggest piece of damning evidence that exposes your lie. This passage clearly describes Paul and Barnabas being under the authority of John, Peter, and Christ's human brother James. The implication is crystal clear in this situation that Paul had to answer to somebody with a higher standing than himself in the and that he wasn't a lone agent who presumptuously taught doctrine that wasn't being taught by the other apostles.

Try as you might to water down and lie about what the Bible clearly shows as Paul just having occasional chats and meetings with the men you call "the old guard", the Bible shows Paul acting inside what was a divinely established hierarchy.
Why does that "matter?" 1 Corinthians 11:3 informs us Christ is the head of man. That is, it is Christ who leads men. There really is no need for men to lead other men other than for convenience, economies of scale, division of labor, etc.
It matters because the Bible only describes Paul talking about 1 church that God leads. When you say something like "why does that matter", it's because you disagree with God and you're simply trying to pass your own theology off as truth like every other Romanist does. The Father leads Christ, who in turn leads the 1 church the Father established through Him. Christ is only marrying that 1 church when He returns as Rev. 19 says. That's why it matters. The only way you can continue supporting your tremendously ridiculous theology is by willfully ignoring what Paul clearly wrote concerning the government model that is supposed to exist in God's Church.
Always on the attack and never on defense. My self-righteousness cannot hold a candle to the Catholics usurping Christ's authority on Earth.
ROFLMAO. Protestants at least read the Bible. Catholics generally accept what their superiors tell them the Bible says.
Both of these statements only prove how deluded you are. You still choose to foolishly assume that i am Catholic just because i believe what the Bible says about the government that exists in God's Church, even though i never once stated in any of my posts on this forum that i subscribe to Catholicism. Your presumptuous attacks against me stem from a lack of being able to prove me wrong, not because i am wrong.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Catholics JUDGED Luther and kicked Luther out of THEIR Catholic Church...

Really, so what? Who cares? Except that that was a blessing in disguise.

Uh no, they were not Catholic!
They were Jews, Serving their Jewish Master, whom they discovered is the Word and Power and Wisdom and Quickening Spirit of God.
^ THAT is not the definition of a Catholic.

they were in the new covenant church
That can only be catholic

How can error and heresy be a blessing from God! God is the author of truth!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
they were in the new covenant church
That can only be catholic

It was a Gentile named Ignatius appointed as an early Church Bishop, who first called Churches, Catholic ....
nearly 30 years AFTER the last Apostle Appointed by Jesus had died.

How can error and heresy be a blessing from God! God is the author of truth!

Pretending Jesus' Apostles were any part whatsoever of anything called "Catholic"...
Is an early Lie, of Gentiles, continued for centuries, to this day, by Gentiles, to Gentiles.

If you think it "heresy" to not go along with deception....it has no affect on me.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It was a Gentile named Ignatius appointed as an early Church Bishop, who first called Churches, Catholic ....
nearly 30 years AFTER the last Apostle Appointed by Jesus had died.

Pretending Jesus' Apostles were any part whatsoever of anything called "Catholic"...
Is an early Lie, of Gentiles, continued for centuries, to this day, by Gentiles, to Gentiles.

If you think it "heresy" to not go along with deception....it has no affect on me.

scripture says it must be universal or catholic

Major covenants!

God initiated each covenant and the mediator always remains on earth mediating the covenant except for Christ who made Peter His personal representative and vicar! (Matt 16:18)

Adam
(Marriage covenant)

Noah
(Family covenant)

Abraham
(Tribal covenant)

Moses:
(National covenant)

Jesus Christ:
(Universal covenant)

New and eternal covenant founded by Jesus Christ! Matt 16:18

Universal (Catholic)
World universal

Lk 2:10 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. ( catholic universal)

Lk 2:31 prepared before the face of all (catholic) people

Jn 1:29 lamb of God who takes way the sins of the world

Jn 3:16 for God so loved the world

1 Jn 2:2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

Lk 2: 10 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.

11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord. (All people universal)

1 Tim 2:5 one mediator

Jn 10:16 One new covenant church

Kingdom

Dan 2:44 And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.

the holy Catholic Church

Lk 1:32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the Bible is Catholic
Written by the catholic church
Paul and them others wrote those letters long before the harlot stepped on scene .
And as i said a while back , Just cause folks might say the bible is the word of God , dont mean they follow it .
Just cause scribes copied down the letters , dont mean the RCC followed it . Its a den of thieves my friend .
Come ye out from amongst her and be Ye holy for God is holy .

Instant

Sep 17, 2020
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you cannot be united to Christ apart from the church and the sacraments

the holy church also condemned these things, no idols, no Mary worship

by what authority

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 acts 9:4 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20 acts 2:42 1 Tim 3:15

What authority does Christ have?
What power does Christ have?
What mission / ministry does Christ have?

Peter, the apostles and their successors have the same authority, power, and mission! Jn 20:21 as my father sent me, even so send I you!

The apostles are Christ’s successors!
They have authority to send others as well, apostle means one who is sent!

Therefore the apostles have authority to send more apostles or successors!
Apostolic succession!

The nations still need to be taught, disciples still need to be baptized and the church the new covenant kingdom of christ still needs to be governed!

Hebrews 3:1
Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus;

Christ is an apostle, and has authority to send other apostles, the apostles also have this authority, so the apostles continue down thru the centuries as Christ promised! Matt 28:19-20

Keys of authority! And power to bind and loose! Matt 16:18 and Matt 18:18 matt 28:19

Moral authority:
(Teaching)
Necessity of being taught by Christ:
Two edge sword: defining truth and condemning errors, and Interpreting scripture.

Jurisdictional authority:
(Governing / administering)
Necessity of Peter and the apostles and their successors to govern the holy church.

Spiritual authority:
(Life of Grace)
Sanctifying thru the mass and Sacraments

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20

Lk 10:16
He who hears you hears me...

John 13:20
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

Only the church has authority from Christ to define the truth and teach!
Matt 16:18 matt 18:18 matt 28:19 Jn 20:21-23 Jn 8:32 Jn 16:13

Why I say don’t judge Christ
An attack on the church is an attack on Christ
Christ and his church are one acts 9:4
I was going to add more of your quotes, but I see no reason to. The bottom line is, Christ DID NOT found the Catholic Church. Peter was not the first Pope. There is nothing close to the Catholic church in the New Testament. There were no Popes. There were no Nuns. Priests were in the Old Testament, not the New Testament, and Pastors were not commanded to remain single. There was no Rosary. There were no prayers to Mary. There were no prayers to departed saints. There were no statues of saints to talk to. I am saying that the RCC is not God's church, so when you keep claiming we are attacking Christ by attacking "the church," I am saying the Catholic Church is not "the church." "The Church is a group of born again believers, some who are in local churches and some who are not. There may be some born again people in the Catholic Church, but there are many born again people in Protestant Churches and with no home church. "The Church" is the born again believers. "The Church" is God's elect. It has NOTHING to do with the Catholic Church.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The truth about Peter and the RCC:

Some people spout a constant litany of revisionist history perpetrated by the RCC.

The revised history of the RCC, is that Jesus gave Peter the preeminence over all the apostles, that Jesus made Peter the head of the church and built the church on him, that Peter was the first pope, and that every subsequent pope holds the seat of Peter, via apostolic succession.

This is false, from A to Z - and all that’s needed to disprove the above claims, is the Bible.

Jesus told the apostles that none of them would be above the others - Peter was not given preeminence:

Mat 20:25 But Jesus called them unto him,and said, Ye know that the princes of the Gentiles exercise dominion over them, and they that are great exercise authority upon them.

Mat 20:26 But it shall not be so among you: but whosoever will be great among you, let him be your minister;

Mat 20:27 And whosoever will be chief among you, let him be your servant:

In fact, Peter didn’t think he was anything more than a fellow elder:

1Pe 5:1 The elders which are among you I exhort, who am ALSO an elder, and a witness of the sufferings of Christ, and also a partaker of the glory that shall be revealed:

And Jesus did not tell Peter that the church would be built on him:

Mat 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Jesus spoke of two different rocks: Peter is Petros in the Greek - small rock - and the rock the church is built on is Petra - bedrock.

In the Greek Jesus said: thou art PETROS, and upon this PETRA I will build my church.

The language God chose for the New Testament to be written in, explicitly states there are two different rocks there.

Also, the Greek word for church , kuriakos, is not found in Matthew 16:18 - the word used is ekklesia, meaning a congregation of people assembled together - it does not mean a church organization of Pope, cardinals, bishops, and priests, as the Roman sect wants us to believe that Peter founded. .

And in fact the church of Christ isn’t built on any single individual apostle or prophet:

Eph 2:20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

Built on the foundation of apostles, PLURAL, and prophets, PLURAL - not on Peter alone.

In Matthew 16:19 Jesus gives Peter keys (authority) and the power to bind and loose - yet 2 chapters later when He met the other apostles, Jesus gives the same power of binding and loosing to them, too, in Matthew 18:18 - so Peter has no special authority beyond what the 12 shared.

The truth is that Peter was not a Bishop, or Pope in the Roman church - ever.

Linus was the first bishop/pope of the Roman church, according to the Orthodox Church, and Peter never was.

Peter, the apostle to the Jews, is found in the NT only in the Jerusalem church, the Jewish Christian church - and not in the gentile Roman church.

That’s because scripture says Paul is the apostle to the gentiles, whereas Peter is the apostle to the Jews (to the circumcision), so Peter would not be the head of a gentile Roman sect!

To whit:

Gal 2:7 On the contrary, they saw that God had given me the task of preaching the gospel to the Gentiles, just as he had given Peter the task of preaching the gospel to the Jews.

Gal 2:8 For by God's power I was made an apostle to the Gentiles, just as Peter was made an apostle to the Jews.

That’s why Paul, the apostle to the gentiles, wrote the book of Romans, to the RC church, and was instructing it in his epistle, instead of Peter.

And yes, Paul calls those in the Roman church gentiles - in case someone wants to claim that the Roman church isn’t a gentile church.

Romans 1:13 Now I would not have you ignorant, brethren, that oftentimes I purposed to come unto you, (but was let hitherto,) that I might have some fruit among you also, even as among OTHER Gentiles.

And when Paul visited Peter 3 years after his conversion on Damascus road, he had to go to Jerusalem, where Peter and the Jewish Christian church was, instead of to Rome:

Gal 1:18 Then after three years I went up to Jerusalem to see Peter, and abode with him fifteen days.

Peter was not in Rome being a pope.

Ever.

Shalom Aleichem

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was going to add more of your quotes, but I see no reason to. The bottom line is, Christ DID NOT found the Catholic Church. Peter was not the first Pope. There is nothing close to the Catholic church in the New Testament. There were no Popes. There were no Nuns. Priests were in the Old Testament, not the New Testament, and Pastors were not commanded to remain single. There was no Rosary. There were no prayers to Mary. There were no prayers to departed saints. There were no statues of saints to talk to. I am saying that the RCC is not God's church, so when you keep claiming we are attacking Christ by attacking "the church," I am saying the Catholic Church is not "the church." "The Church is a group of born again believers, some who are in local churches and some who are not. There may be some born again people in the Catholic Church, but there are many born again people in Protestant Churches and with no home church. "The Church" is the born again believers. "The Church" is God's elect. It has NOTHING to do with the Catholic Church.

how to you get “born again”?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How is rebellion and disobedience a blessing from God?

Luther was an occult Rosa crucian

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How is rebellion and disobedience a blessing from God?

Luther was an occult Rosa crucian
yah , i dont follow luther either .
But the rebellion you speak of , is probably due to his leaving the RCC . THAT AINT REBELLION . ITS A GIFT FROM GOD .
HOWEVER , most of the protestant leaders never got all of mama outta them .
Course i aint saying they are in hell . Calvin worries me the most of them all . That man , IN ZERO way followed CHRIST .
Just cause he knew some truths , his fruit was dire wicked . As wicked almost as the RCC .

Reactions: Instant and Nancy