Protestantism is a sin....

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Instant

Sep 17, 2020
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
how to you get “born again”?
1. Ask Jesus Christ to come into your life and be your Lord and Savior.
2. Ask God to forgive you of all of your past sins, and promise to turn from that lifestyle and commit to being a disciple of Jesus.

God is the one that grants you a new birth. He knows if you are serious when you pray that prayer, and if you are committed to following the Lord. It is a supernatural experience. After getting saved, we should seek to be baptized, since the Lord taught us to do that. This is an outward sign of what took place on the inside. The old man of sin is buried and the new man rises out of the water, but the baptism is not what saves you. You are saved already when the Lord accepts your sincere prayer. We also should remember the Lord's death on the cross by taking communion, but that does not save us.

Ultimately, it is about accepting Jesus' sacrifice on the cross to pay for our sins. He died in our place. He shed his blood when we were the sinners deserving to die. When we accept what the Lord did for us, and we believe on Him, we are saved, born again. From that day forward, we go and sin no more. We live as a new creature in Christ. If we mess up, we confess our sins to the Lord, not a human Priest, and according to 1 John, He is faithful and just to forgive us, and cleanse us of all unrighteousness. Jesus Christ is our Great and Eternal High Priest.

This is not complicated at all. It is like the old hymn says, "Trust and Obey." If you do that, you shall be saved and kept. Where we get in trouble is when we either cannot really believe in Jesus, that He is who He says He is, The Christ, the Son of the Living God, and part of the Holy Trinity. We also get in trouble when we treat Him as a get out of hell free card, and then seek to continue living in sin. To do that is to make light of his sacrifice and to tread upon the precious blood He shed for us.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
scripture says it must be universal or catholic.

Scripture says, ALL will Hear.

And while the word catholic means universal...the catholic church is not Preaching to ALL, is not OPEN to ALL.

Catholics primarily are catholic by Gentile family and race "tradition".

Jesus THE JEW, with His disciples and Apostles of JEWS established Jesus' Church.
After the deaths of the Apostles, When the JEWS stopped participating in the Church and returned to their Synagogs...
the Gentiles extablished the name "catholic" as applying to ALL establishments called a church.
The Gentile "catholics", began writing their OWN doctrines outside of Jesus' doctrine, establishing their OWN rituals, electing their OWN holy father,
Preaching without Jewish Apostles (long dead) knowledge...that the Apostles also were catholic and Peter their OWN appointed holy father :eek:
They teaching (by Word) their Doctrines and Rituals to thousands of illiterate listeners, for centuries....and to this day even those that can read, but don't!

ALL WILL Hear the Lord Gods TRUTH...
but it has nothing to do with the catholic church.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Universal (Catholic)
World universal

Lk 2:10 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. ( catholic universal)

Lk 2:31 prepared before the face of all (catholic) people

Jn 1:29 lamb of God who takes way the sins of the world

Jn 3:16 for God so loved the world

1 Jn 2:2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

Lk 2: 10 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.

11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord. (All people universal)

1 Tim 2:5 one mediator

Jn 10:16 One new covenant church

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul and them others wrote those letters long before the harlot stepped on scene .
And as i said a while back , Just cause folks might say the bible is the word of God , dont mean they follow it .
Just cause scribes copied down the letters , dont mean the RCC followed it . Its a den of thieves my friend .
Come ye out from amongst her and be Ye holy for God is holy .

What’s you’re proof?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was going to add more of your quotes, but I see no reason to. The bottom line is, Christ DID NOT found the Catholic Church. Peter was not the first Pope. There is nothing close to the Catholic church in the New Testament. There were no Popes. There were no Nuns. Priests were in the Old Testament, not the New Testament, and Pastors were not commanded to remain single. There was no Rosary. There were no prayers to Mary. There were no prayers to departed saints. There were no statues of saints to talk to. I am saying that the RCC is not God's church, so when you keep claiming we are attacking Christ by attacking "the church," I am saying the Catholic Church is not "the church." "The Church is a group of born again believers, some who are in local churches and some who are not. There may be some born again people in the Catholic Church, but there are many born again people in Protestant Churches and with no home church. "The Church" is the born again believers. "The Church" is God's elect. It has NOTHING to do with the Catholic Church.

why does it have to be in the Bible when the Bible says we believe what God has revealed fullness of come thru Christ toHis church in the sacred deposit of faith and taught by the apostles Matt 28:19 eph 4:5 Jude 1:3

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What’s you’re proof?
Do we live for God by proof as for example by means of the 'scientific method' or by faith?

"For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith." Rom 1:17

Are we led then toward God by our minds alone or is the leading of the Holy Spirit involved?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1. Ask Jesus Christ to come into your life and be your Lord and Savior.
2. Ask God to forgive you of all of your past sins, and promise to turn from that lifestyle and commit to being a disciple of Jesus.

God is the one that grants you a new birth. He knows if you are serious when you pray that prayer, and if you are committed to following the Lord. It is a supernatural experience. After getting saved, we should seek to be baptized, since the Lord taught us to do that. This is an outward sign of what took place on the inside. The old man of sin is buried and the new man rises out of the water, but the baptism is not what saves you. You are saved already when the Lord accepts your sincere prayer. We also should remember the Lord's death on the cross by taking communion, but that does not save us.

Ultimately, it is about accepting Jesus' sacrifice on the cross to pay for our sins. He died in our place. He shed his blood when we were the sinners deserving to die. When we accept what the Lord did for us, and we believe on Him, we are saved, born again. From that day forward, we go and sin no more. We live as a new creature in Christ. If we mess up, we confess our sins to the Lord, not a human Priest, and according to 1 John, He is faithful and just to forgive us, and cleanse us of all unrighteousness. Jesus Christ is our Great and Eternal High Priest.

This is not complicated at all. It is like the old hymn says, "Trust and Obey." If you do that, you shall be saved and kept. Where we get in trouble is when we either cannot really believe in Jesus, that He is who He says He is, The Christ, the Son of the Living God, and part of the Holy Trinity. We also get in trouble when we treat Him as a get out of hell free card, and then seek to continue living in sin. To do that is to make light of his sacrifice and to tread upon the precious blood He shed for us.

and what about baptism?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

And while the word catholic means universal...the catholic church is not Preaching to ALL, is not OPEN to ALL.

Jesus THE JEW, with His disciples and Apostles of JEWS established Jesus' Church.
After the deaths of the Apostles, When the JEWS stopped participating in the Church and returned to their Synagogs...
the Gentiles extablished the name "catholic" as applying to ALL establishments called a church.
The Gentile "catholics", began writing their OWN doctrines outside of Jesus' doctrine, establishing their OWN rituals, electing their OWN holy father,
Preaching without Jewish Apostles (long dead) knowledge...that the Apostles also were catholic and Peter their OWN appointed holy father :eek:
They teaching (by Word) their Doctrines and Rituals to thousands of illiterate listeners, for centuries....and to this day even those that can read, but don't!

it is the church of the apostles that is commanded to teach all nations Matt 28:19

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

fake history

father Isa 22:21-22
Pope means father
Church founded by Christ no one else matt 16:18

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 acts 9:4 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20 acts 2:42 1 Tim 3:15

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What’s you’re proof?
The harlot did not First write those letters . That is my proof .
IT WAS PETER , PAUL , JAMES , JUDE , JOHN .
Sure scribes kept recopying the letters . GOD was in control on that .
But the harlot never kept to the teaching of those letters .
How many have you heard say , we believe the bible , we have the bible , YET they teach lies .
EXACTLY . THE RCC was no different . Men may have copied down the correct copies , but that harlot never taught the whole rightly divided
word a day in her life . She is dangerous my friend . My heart is for you my friend . I am not the enemy just because i speak truth .
Come ye out from amongst her , receive Ye life in Christ and be set free .
You are loved my friend and in my prayers . Hurry , dont look back , Just come on out of her . Come to the one true glorious life saving
and life changing Christ Jesus .

Reactions: Instant and Nancy

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and what about baptism?
Did he not just say that after we believe we should be baptized . Slow down . Slow down my friend .
You need to understand that it is truly by the grace of GOD that one is saved . THAT HIS GRACE
draws us to FAITH in CHRIST and from there we stand in the grace of God .
Anyone who is a true lamb , IS A HEARER and A DOER . For the love of GOD has been shed upon their heart .

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The harlot did not First write those letters . That is my proof .
IT WAS PETER , PAUL , JAMES , JUDE , JOHN .
Sure scribes kept recopying the letters . GOD was in control on that .
But the harlot never kept to the teaching of those letters .
How many have you heard say , we believe the bible , we have the bible , YET they teach lies .
EXACTLY . THE RCC was no different . Men may have copied down the correct copies , but that harlot never taught the whole rightly divided
word a day in her life . She is dangerous my friend . My heart is for you my friend . I am not the enemy just because i speak truth .
Come ye out from amongst her , receive Ye life in Christ and be set free .
You are loved my friend and in my prayers . Hurry , dont look back , Just come on out of her . Come to the one true glorious life saving
and life changing Christ Jesus .

Well said brother.

Acts 20:29
"29 For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.

30 Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them.

31 Therefore watch, and remember, that by the space of three years I ceased not to warn every one night and day with tears."

Instant

Sep 17, 2020
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
why does it have to be in the Bible when the Bible says we believe what God has revealed fullness of come thru Christ toHis church in the sacred deposit of faith and taught by the apostles Matt 28:19 eph 4:5 Jude 1:3

There is no way to prove that the Catholic Church is in the truth. You are taking what they say by faith, and I have no faith in the Catholic Church. I do not believe they are following the traditions of the Apostles. They created a church that would appeal to Christians and Pagans. They did this on their own. Can you prove otherwise? There is no resemblance between the RCC and what we read about regarding the early church in the Bible.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I addressed baptism. It is to be done by emersion only after someone accepts Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. Baptism does not save, but it is an outward sign of what took place when a person was born again. We are to be baptized in obedience to the Lord.
March on in the Lord my friend . Pointing always to CHRIST JESUS . Yes indeed .

Reactions: Nancy and Instant

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no way to prove that the Catholic Church is in the truth. You are taking what they say by faith, and I have no faith in the Catholic Church. I do not believe they are following the traditions of the Apostles. They created a church that would appeal to Christians and Pagans. They did this on their own. Can you prove otherwise? There is no resemblance between the RCC and what we read about regarding the early church in the Bible.
Jesus on earth , the apostels later too , and JESUS from heaven , all warned to not make our table with men of belial and darkness .
We either choose JESUS and that would entail biblical sound doctrine , or we deceive ourselves .
There is no middle ground with GOD . Never has been . And the RCC made the road real broad by blending good with evil . THIS IS
a evil far greater than any other evil . FOR TO DO evil and partake of those who do so , AND DO IT in the NAME OF CHRIST
is far worse a thing than those who were even of a pagan religoin .
The worst place to be is in the middle or lukewarm . HOLLERING HIS NAME but teaching great evil and things contrary to HIM .
Trying to serve GOD and appease other religoins , IS THE WORST place to be . IN truth its false . THEY Do not serve GOD .

Reactions: Nancy and Instant

busrider

Aug 5, 2021
So Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Protestantism is a sin against the Christian virtue of obedience!

I can understand where you are coming from but even the Catechism states in part 1, section 2, Chapter 3, Article 9, Paragraph 3, Section 1, Sub paragraph 817-819:

817 In fact, "in this one and only Church of God from its very beginnings there arose certain rifts, which the Apostle strongly censures as damnable. But in subsequent centuries much more serious dissensions appeared and large communities became separated from full communion with the Catholic Church - for which, often enough, men of both sides were to blame."269 The ruptures that wound the unity of Christ's Body - here we must distinguish heresy, apostasy, and schism270 - do not occur without human sin:

Where there are sins, there are also divisions, schisms, heresies, and disputes. Where there is virtue, however, there also are harmony and unity, from which arise the one heart and one soul of all believers.271

818 "However, one cannot charge with the sin of the separation those who at present are born into these communities [that resulted from such separation] and in them are brought up in the faith of Christ, and the Catholic Church accepts them with respect and affection as brothers . . . . All who have been justified by faith in Baptism are incorporated into Christ; they therefore have a right to be called Christians, and with good reason are accepted as brothers in the Lord by the children of the Catholic Church."272

819 "Furthermore, many elements of sanctification and of truth"273 are found outside the visible confines of the Catholic Church: "the written Word of God; the life of grace; faith, hope, and charity, with the other interior gifts of the Holy Spirit, as well as visible elements."274 Christ's Spirit uses these Churches and ecclesial communities as means of salvation, whose power derives from the fullness of grace and truth that Christ has entrusted to the Catholic Church. All these blessings come from Christ and lead to him,275 and are in themselves calls to "Catholic unity."276

Source : Catechism of the Catholic Church - PART 1 SECTION 2 CHAPTER 3 ARTICLE 9 PARAGRAPH 3

So the Protestants now or not held liable for there ancestors sin. The way to win someone to your side is not to hit them over the head with a hammer like in your op but in gentleness and with humility show them the way to the truth.