Proud to be an unorthodox Christian :)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Simple answer why I believe what I do,.. I just believe it. I don't think I actually have to have a reason. :) I'm a believer so either way I'll go to Heaven anyways. :D

Reactions: Ziggy

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Simple answer why I believe what I do,.. I just believe it. I don't think I actually have to have a reason. :) I'm a believer so either way I'll go to Heaven anyways. :D
A lot of people do question and it's good to try to have an answer rather than.. just because.
I don't think you have to have a reason, it just makes it easier to explain to someone why you do.

Col 4:6 Let your speech be alway with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.

I do my best.. :)
Hugs

Reactions: April_Rose

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I suppose I have a reason but if I say it it's going to turn into a debate and this isn't a debate thread as I really don't want to get into a debate about it.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I suppose I have a reason but if I say it it's going to turn into a debate and this isn't a debate thread as I really don't want to get into a debate about it.
I'm not quite sure what the topic is myself,
I seem to have i nserted myself in the middle as I have a bad habbit of doing..
oops..
Maybe put it in the Testimony forum.
I'd like to hear your story :)
Hugs

Reactions: April_Rose

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
but I don't believe that you have to be born again so please don't discriminate me against my beliefs
You are accountable to God and Christ. So before you go to far, you must read John chapter 3 in full at least a dozen times. If Jesus said that you MUST be born again, you have to take this up with Him.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not quite sure what the topic is myself,
I seem to have i nserted myself in the middle as I have a bad habbit of doing..
oops..
Maybe put it in the Testimony forum.
I'd like to hear your story :)
Hugs

You mean the testimony of how I became a Christian?

Reactions: Ziggy

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are accountable to God and Christ. So before you go to far, you must read John chapter 3 in full at least a dozen times. If Jesus said that you MUST be born again, you have to take this up with Him.

This is NOT a debate, but please read all of the other posts in this thread.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, wow ....
Yeah this is a tough topic without stepping on toes for sure lol
I'm almost fearful to tread here April_Rose.

Jesus didn't say it just because he had nothing to fill the space between him and Nicodemus.
He was talking to person that should have understood what he was saying.
Even Nick had trouble grasping.. because he was so grounded in his religion. His beliefs, that unless he was willing to put that all aside and begin again, He would never be able to see or understand what the Kingdom of God really is.

So for me what being born again means, is leaving behind the ways you were taught or braught up that does not align with God's word.
If you were braught up an athiest, you would have to forget everything about atheism and begin again on a faith foundation.
You must be born again.. see things in a new way, walk a new life. A new path.

Now everybody has their own understanding of what it means to them. Because maybe God means it differently to another person.
I believe God talks to every individual, individually, yet says the same things to all. But gives each the ability to hear it according to his need.
God moves in mysterious ways..
that's all I can say about that..

Hugs

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Alright this is the first time that I'm coming out with this but I actually believe a lot of what you guys believe that Jesus died on the cross for all of our sins and that's the only way that we get to go to Heaven, but I don't believe that you have to be born again so please don't discriminate me against my beliefs since I've had that happen to me before. :(

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Alright this is the first time that I'm coming out with this but I actually believe a lot of what you guys believe that Jesus died on the cross for all of our sins and that's the only way that we get to go to Heaven, but I don't believe that you have to be born again so please don't discriminate me against my beliefs since I've had that happen to me before. :(
When I first believed Jesus died on the cross so we can go to heaven, the act of believing is what caused my spirit to be born-again. Now I don't want to force my belief on you but it seems to me that you are already born-again.:)

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I first believed Jesus died on the cross so we can go to heaven, the act of believing is what caused my spirit to be born-again. Now I don't want to force my belief on you but it seems to me that you are already born-again.:)

Yeah I know that but,.. never mind lol and btw you quoted me twice.

Reactions: Truman

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If people hear the gospel and believe.. then they are.
Believing is the ingredient in being born again.
Believing is seeing the Kingdom of God
Faith is entering into the Kingdom of God.
Abiding... is the special ingredient grandma used to put in her cookies.
Make you keep coming back for more yummy cookies.. yum yum
There are more ingredients but these are the basic foundation dough.
No need to add yeast, The Lord already put the rising in there himself.

That's called LOVE.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi AprilRose! I'm not certain any of us could accurately explain what it means to be born again. It is certainly written that "Ye must be born again". But, have I really been born again? I do live a renewed life, a life that is different from people in the world. I do look for my happiness in the next life. I have tried to put aside the things of this world. If all this means I have been born again, then I have been born again.

What does it mean for you to say: 'I don't believe that you have to be born again'? What does being 'born again' mean to you? Maybe you have been born again (a spiritual concept), but you are unaware that you have been born again? Maybe some who believe they have been born again have truly not been born again?
This is such a great response to the OP. Thanks.
Worth repeating.