Prove the Existence of God without the Bible?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

WaterSong

Nov 9, 2020
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry, but it's a huge leap of logical to assume that the First Cause would not only be a divine being, but that the divine being must necessarily be the Judeo-Christian God. It seems reasonable to those of us with a certain religious persuasion, but it's hardly absolute proof.
I didn't say it was the Judeo-Christian God. We read that God's chosen people are the Jews. That doesn't mean God is a Jew.
Or a Christian for that matter. God is beyond our comprehension in his totality. Even the use of a gender pronoun is a human concession for the sake of subjective identification with the all mighty holy spirit. God isn't a male. God is a spirit. A holy spirit.

I believe when science presumes to theorize and arrive at plausible answers for our existence as humans, and this earth's evolution, the construct they've arrived at comes into question when their methods are unable to at least postulate First Cause.

Reactions: Dropship

BadDog

Dec 16, 2020
Sugar Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are several logical and scientific arguments to the existence of God.

1) Cosmological - The 2nd law of thermodynamics indicates that usable energy is declining over time. There is no real process in which entropy decreases (in an isolated system). Hence if the universe were eternal we would be experiencing heat death... the temperature everywhere would be a cool 2 3/4 Kelvin. Now, the amount of matter and energy in the observable universe is incredible. The point is that the universe had a beginning.

2) Cosmological - Big Bang theory - The universe is expanding, no real scientist in the field denies that. Again, an expanding universe is evidence that it had a beginning... about 13.75 billion years ago. But this expansion is not your typical expansion... space-time and matter-energy expanding at an incredible rate. When you think about time, you cannot even consider "time" before the BB. It is simply impossible to have any data on how the universe started. Now we see whatever started the expansion needed to be outside of matter-energy and time itself... hmmm any suggestions?

3) As a physics teacher for several years, at Christian schools, I have asked my honors students to debate the existence ofGod scientifically. They were not allowed to use the Bible, or to assume that the universe is young. (???) My best students often chose the atheist side, expecting it to be easier... They found there was much more evidence for the other side.

4) Teleological - There are many arguments for intelligent design, especially irreducible complexity.

BD

Scoop666

Sep 5, 2022
Karelia
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Gibraltar
Can you prove the existence of God without referring to the Bible?Of course, it's easy through simple logic. Could there ever have been a time when there was nothing . . . ABSOLUTELY NOTHING?If you answer this question correctly, you have a solid premise to begin a proof for the existence of God.Anyone interested in philosophy discussions like this?waynemlj
Sure, I’ll have a try.
How could anyone possibly know if a “nothing” ever existed? How would we even go about investigating such a claim?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sure, I’ll have a try.
How could anyone possibly know if a “nothing” ever existed? How would we even go about investigating such a claim?

Psalm 19:1 The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.

they are well ordered, following set laws so they must have a law giver!

God is required for justice!

Rom 1:18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.

20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

Psalm 14:1
The fool hath said in his heart, Thereis no God.

Scoop666

Sep 5, 2022
Karelia
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Gibraltar
Psalm 19:1 The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.

they are well ordered, following set laws so they must have a law giver!

God is required for justice!

Rom 1:18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.

20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

Psalm 14:1
The fool hath said in his heart, Thereis no God.
If you don’t actually have an answer to my question, which is perfectly fine, just say so. I’m already well aware of what you think about these topics, what I’m interested in the thought processes you went through that brought you to these conclusions.

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can you prove the existence of God without referring to the Bible?Of course, it's easy through simple logic. Could there ever have been a time when there was nothing . . . ABSOLUTELY NOTHING?If you answer this question correctly, you have a solid premise to begin a proof for the existence of God.Anyone interested in philosophy discussions like this?waynemlj
Check an Encyopedia of Philosphy, it will give you under God, the arguments for the the Existence of God and responses to them. There is no references form the Bible.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
You will laugh at this question in 20 years time. If you become a believer [i'm not sure if you are or not] I will see you some time in the future. I'll be the one who comes up to you and say, "Do you believe the existence of God now?" :jest:

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Check an Encyopedia of Philosphy, it will give you under God, the arguments for the the Existence of God and responses to them. There is no references form the Bible.
@The Learner Remember also that Hebrews 11:6 says: "But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him."

Reactions: The Learner

David Boyer

Aug 27, 2022
Moncton,NB
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

I can prove it to you with absolute perfection, accuracy and it will be undeniable.
With a simple removal of a head the person becomes instantly aware of God and their relation to Him.
Doubt me... try it(not advised).

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Old thread, but the authentic answer is simple. One of the well known laws of physics is that material matter can neither be created nor destroyed, but only change its state (solid, liquid, gas, vapor).

1. That means then, that the things of this material world were not made by material matter. In simple words, matter did not create itself.

2. Further then, it also means that material matter had... to have been created by something that is NOT of... material matter.

3. So then, what else exists other than this material world made up of matter, because this simple law of physics about matter reveals there HAS... to exist something else that is not matter which created it.

Thus in essence, the mere existence of material matter, is proof of at least one other dimension of existence responsible for creating material matter. I of course call The One in that other dimension of existence GOD, and the material of that other dimension as Spirit.

HIM

Apr 18, 2021
Ashland
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What about complexity. The deeper they look into the make up of a cell the more they see is there.

Reactions: Brakelite

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The natural world, nature itself, could not create itself. Nothing, that is no thing, can come from nothing. Therefore nature, that is the created world, had to be caused by something outside of nature, thus a supernatural cause.
The next question is, what kind of supernatural cause? Physical, that is natural, or personal? There are no other choices as to cause. It could not be natural, because no things natural existed prior, therefore it must be personal. A personal supernatural cause.

Space_Karen

Oct 1, 2022
west coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its typical for people to fear God and the truth.

You can see them working hard to distance themselves from both by talking about the most irrelevant topics imaginable. They work hard to get as far from God and the truth (and the relevant topics associated with both) as possible.

However, if people were inclined to make an honest assessment of whether God can be verified, they might soon realize its not nearly as difficult as they thought it would be.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Learner

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please read from

#227 in the thread that was closed. It shows many of the logic problems used by The Watchtower and Jw's.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There were people who believed in the existence of God long before there was a Bible. Next...

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It's a bit like the Zen koan "does a tree falling in the forest make a sound, if nobody hears it?".

Does someone do something for God, if it's never recorded in the Bible? Or similarly, does it have to be for God, until it is in the Bible?

Many are first that will be last and many last who will be first - the urgency of developing a relationship with God, is never more clear, than when you realise this is your last chance now.