Psalm 11

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

RFB

Apr 23, 2019
Yellville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The week before Easter, I dreamed this. In the dream I saw the words Psalm 11. Now I probably read Psalm 11 many years ago. So I was curious and got out my Bible and read Psalm 11. Read Psalm 11 and please tell me what or why was I tol to read Psalm 11. Thanks

Reactions: Helen

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You May or may not have been led to read it.

Without more information why is hard to say.

If you would obsess with the Easter in your church it could've been telling you to get your focus back on God.

After all Easter is not Christian. It is secular in one sense and in the religious sense completely pagan.

Roman Catholicism adopted from Ishtar worship, which was condemned in the Old Testament.

Reactions: RFB

RFB

Apr 23, 2019
Yellville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't really obsess with anything. Yah we had Easter dinner, I would not call that obsessing, other than enjoying the wifes cooking. We had the Granddaughter over for dinner. And the only eggs I saw were the devilled eggs we had with supper. And definitely not Papists.

Reactions: farouk

RFB

Apr 23, 2019
Yellville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Psalm 11 King James Version (KJV)
11 In the Lord put I my trust: how say ye to my soul, Flee as a bird to your mountain?

2 For, lo, the wicked bend their bow, they make ready their arrow upon the string, that they may privily shoot at the upright in heart.

3 If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do?

4 The Lord is in his holy temple, the Lord's throne is in heaven: his eyes behold, his eyelids try, the children of men.

5 The Lord trieth the righteous: but the wicked and him that loveth violence his soul hateth.

6 Upon the wicked he shall rain snares, fire and brimstone, and an horrible tempest: this shall be the portion of their cup.

7 For the righteous Lord loveth righteousness; his countenance doth behold the upright.

King James Version (KJV)

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The week before Easter, I dreamed this. In the dream I saw the words Psalm 11. Now I probably read Psalm 11 many years ago. So I was curious and got out my Bible and read Psalm 11. Read Psalm 11 and please tell me what or why was I tol to read Psalm 11. Thanks

Welcome to the boards! :)

I was thinking lately on a verse in that psalm...verse 3

Ps. 11:3 If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do?

The foundations of the truth in our time have been shaken to the point that people can no longer endure sound doctrine. People no longer seem to be able to build ON Jesus Christ. Instead people have made up many doctrines and traditions ABOUT Jesus.

Anyway that was what I was thinking.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Psalms 11:1-6 is a clear prophecy about the yet to happen; Lord's Day of wrath. Revelation 6:12-17
Verses 1-3....Look out, the enemy is preparing to attack. Get out of the holy Land. Iran has nuke missiles, the Palestinians have thousands of rockets and troops ready.
Verses 4-6.... But the Lord will not allow nukes in the holy Land and He will destroy them all before launching by fire from the sun. Isaiah 30:26a, Malachi 4:1-3, Psalms 50:1-3
The enemies nefarious plans will come to nothing, his weapons will recoil upon himself. Psalms 7:12-16, Habakkuk 3:14, Joel 3:4
Iran and all the Islamic peoples will be destroyed. Ezekiel 30:1-5, Ezekiel 32:20-30, and Judah too will be 'uprooted', Jeremiah 12:14, and only a remnant of Messianic Jews will be saved. Romans 9:27

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Psalm 11 King James Version (KJV)
11 In the Lord put I my trust: how say ye to my soul, Flee as a bird to your mountain?

2 For, lo, the wicked bend their bow, they make ready their arrow upon the string, that they may privily shoot at the upright in heart.

3 If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do?

4 The Lord is in his holy temple, the Lord's throne is in heaven: his eyes behold, his eyelids try, the children of men.

5 The Lord trieth the righteous: but the wicked and him that loveth violence his soul hateth.

6 Upon the wicked he shall rain snares, fire and brimstone, and an horrible tempest: this shall be the portion of their cup.

7 For the righteous Lord loveth righteousness; his countenance doth behold the upright.

King James Version (KJV)
Indeed it's good to keep our eyes focused on the Lord.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Don't really obsess with anything. Yah we had Easter dinner, I would not call that obsessing, other than enjoying the wifes cooking. We had the Granddaughter over for dinner. And the only eggs I saw were the devilled eggs we had with supper. And definitely not Papists.
God bless your family, Sir. So do your wife and granddaughter regularly read the Scriptures also?

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Addressing the OP only, Revelation 18:4, Isaiah 52:11, Jeremiah 51:6, 2 Corinthians 6:17, and Zechariah 2:7.

PICJAG.

RFB

Apr 23, 2019
Yellville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Addressing the OP only, Revelation 18:4, Isaiah 52:11, Jeremiah 51:6, 2 Corinthians 6:17, and Zechariah 2:7.

PICJAG.
Some folks say in this day God no longer speaks to anyone, I somewhat disagree. I think it more likely people quit listening. The dream I had of Psalm 11, caused me to get up and read Psalm 11. So to me, who had not read Psalm 11 for so many years I did not recall it anymore. It was a message. A few years ago, my wife of almost 40 years was near the end of a losing 5 year fight with cancer. My daughter came to visit me. She said Dad please come to Church with me on Sunday. I said I can't sweetheart, God has forgotten me. I had spent 5 years day and night caring for my wife in our home basically alone. Family was too far away and could not come only visit. Friends evaporated, for the last 3 years of her sickness she was so ill I only had time to rush and shop and get prescriptions etc for 3 hrs once a week. My Church Fellowship forgot me, they walked away one by one, friends walked away, I persevered to keep my wedding vows unto death. So when my daughter said come to Church I said no, God has forgotten me, within that week God sent my salvation. So I now listen. I remember my Mothers words, be kind to the stranger at your door. He could be an angel sent by God. The story of Lot. Anyway I was merely seeking wisdom. He will reveal in due time with patience. Thanks

Reactions: amadeus and Dave L

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Some folks say in this day God no longer speaks to anyone, I somewhat disagree. I think it more likely people quit listening. The dream I had of Psalm 11, caused me to get up and read Psalm 11. So to me, who had not read Psalm 11 for so many years I did not recall it anymore. It was a message. A few years ago, my wife of almost 40 years was near the end of a losing 5 year fight with cancer. My daughter came to visit me. She said Dad please come to Church with me on Sunday. I said I can't sweetheart, God has forgotten me. I had spent 5 years day and night caring for my wife in our home basically alone. Family was too far away and could not come only visit. Friends evaporated, for the last 3 years of her sickness she was so ill I only had time to rush and shop and get prescriptions etc for 3 hrs once a week. My Church Fellowship forgot me, they walked away one by one, friends walked away, I persevered to keep my wedding vows unto death. So when my daughter said come to Church I said no, God has forgotten me, within that week God sent my salvation. So I now listen. I remember my Mothers words, be kind to the stranger at your door. He could be an angel sent by God. The story of Lot. Anyway I was merely seeking wisdom. He will reveal in due time with patience. Thanks
The Scriptures are so rich and encouraging and challenging. 'Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path' (Psalm 119.105)

The Lord Jesus said: 'Sanctify them through Thy truth; Thy word is truth' (John 17.17).

Reactions: RFB and Dave L

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you. first sorry to hear about your wife, second you answered your ownself by the dream. listen, Joel 2:28 "And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions".

the dream is a surety of God still with you.

now this, Hebrews 4:15 "For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

LISTEN TO THIS VERY NEXT VERS.
Hebrews 4:16 "Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

this last one, Hebrews 13:5 "Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.
Hebrews 13:6 "So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me".

God has many way to talk to us, be it scripture, or our own daughters, or sons.

we see that you're a kind and humble person, as the scriptures said, let the Lord be your Helper. trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding.

Peace in Christ Jesus the Almighty God.

Reactions: amadeus and RFB

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
let me share this with you. my Mother spoke these words to me when I leftt home for the first time and went overseas. quote "God gave you to me for a short while, now I'm giving you back to God". and she said this also, "you will go into the world, but when you and the world get tried of each other, you can always come back to the CHURCH, meaning God.

yes, I was in the world, but God was with me all the time, and I didn't even know it. the prayers of the saints protected me, for God answered prayers.

and one other thing, when I first responded to your topic, in my heart/spirit God moved me to post just what I post here above. but this was a few days ago, and I didn't know when and where I was going to post this until now.

I hope you got its message. you cannnot put your trust in friends at church. but you can always count on God. come back to God, the church. as he said "come out of her". somethimes we all get into a self pity state at times, so God is calling you out of it and back to him, in his church. for you're a witness as to how he brought you through your wife time of illiness, and wavered not. and how he gave you the courage to attend to your wife.

you need to go to church and let your fellow church friends know how the Lord took care of you and your wife during those times. you have a testomony to share.

PICJAG.

Reactions: amadeus and RFB

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have seen too much of this failure on the part of those who call themselves the Church. Similarly when my father was failing through several months of cancer, only his natural family was there for him. For many years after his retirement from secular employment in addition to attending all church services he became the general handyman around the church building and grounds. He never asked for nor received a penny for anyone for his work. The lawns and shrubs were always trimmed and well waters. The restrooms were cleans with supplies always on hand. He did these things for many years until his own health failed him and he could not. Then only his pastor visited and that infrequently. No one else visited or called or sent a card of encouragement. Then he died. He was a loveable man who all of his life loved God, but where was the church family?

"Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
For I was an hungered, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:
I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungered, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?
Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me."

Matt 5:41-45

I did not post this to criticize anyone but to remind us all what God does expect from us. If we are not working to love our brother whom we can see how can we say we love God?

"If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?" I John 4:20

But those of us who might criticize the ones who failed to express their love properly consider the words of Jesus he was dying in agony on the cross:

"Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do..." Luke 23:34

Reactions: 101G