Psalms 83 unfolding

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
That would be odd to send wrath down when there's very few people.
Confusion! His fiery wrath causes the depopulation. Isaiah 66:15-17, 2 Peter 3:7, +
Yeah that's going to be over in the 1000 year reign of Christ
No, the gathering of all the Lords faithful Christian peoples, will be before Jesus Returns.
We are in the holy Land when the 'beast' comes to conquer us. Revelation 13:5-8 But the Lord will take those who kept their faith in God to a place of safety. Rev 12:14
No Christians, no underground bunkers and no fire.
But plenty of opinionated rants from those whose beliefs are challenged.
Amos 9:1-4 says the Lord will seek out His enemies who try to hide from Him. The ungodly peoples who dive for cover when the Sixth Seal strikes, Rev 6:15-17, will die.
Only the Christians who - Call upon the Name of the Lord, will be saved.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You. Back to the issue: You claimed the passage showed Jewish Christians hiding in underground bunkers to survive the fire from God but the truth is the passage actually had no Christians, no underground bunkers and no fire. Literally nothing you claimed the passages spoke about was actually in the passage. You do that a lot. You make these claims and supply some verses as proof but when someone looks at the actually scripture it doesn't support all the claims.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Confusion! His fiery wrath causes the depopulation. Isaiah 66:15-17, 2 Peter 3:7, +

No, the gathering of all the Lords faithful Christian peoples, will be before Jesus Returns.
We are in the holy Land when the 'beast' comes to conquer us. Revelation 13:5-8 But the Lord will take those who kept their faith in God to a place of safety. Rev 12:14

Amos 9:1-4 says the Lord will seek out His enemies who try to hide from Him. The ungodly peoples who dive for cover when the Sixth Seal strikes, Rev 6:15-17, will die.
Only the Christians who - Call upon the Name of the Lord, will be saved.
'While we were yet sinners, Christ died for the ungodly'.....has he had a change of mind and is now out to kill them?

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
'While we were yet sinners, Christ died for the ungodly'.....has he had a change of mind and is now out to kill them?
If those sinners refuse to repent and accept the Salvation offered by Jesus; then - yes.
What else can God do?

Only those people who have proved their faith and trust in Jesus will go into the Millennium with Him. Psalms 37:38, Amos 5:10, Romans 6:23

At a guess, I would think you are a pastor, at least an educated Christian; maybe retired,
Why then; must I point out basic Bible truths to you?

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If those sinners refuse to repent and accept the Salvation offered by Jesus; then - yes.
What else can God do?

Only those people who have proved their faith and trust in Jesus will go into the Millennium with Him. Psalms 37:38, Amos 5:10, Romans 6:23

At a guess, I would think you are a pastor, at least an educated Christian; maybe retired,
Why then; must I point out basic Bible truths to you?
Your theology is leading your conclusions about what God will do...even in the face of how God (Jesus) responded to those murdering him. Surely that must tell you that something is amiss with your theology?

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
You. Back to the issue: You claimed the passage showed Jewish Christians hiding in underground bunkers to survive the fire from God but the truth is the passage actually had no Christians, no underground bunkers and no fire. Literally nothing you claimed the passages spoke about was actually in the passage. You do that a lot. You make these claims and supply some verses as proof but when someone looks at the actually scripture it doesn't support all the claims.
They are Jews in Jerusalem.
They will be motivated by God to hide underground and the Lord will make sure they survive. Isaiah 6:11-13, Romans 9:27
They must be the Lords faithful people, Jesus believers.
There will be fire as the Hebrew word Ariel means 'fire altar'. Isaiah 29:6 confirms it.

You make wild assertions a lot and you fail to provide any viable alternative to what I present.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Your theology is leading your conclusions about what God will do...even in the face of how God (Jesus) responded to those murdering him. Surely that must tell you that something is amiss with your theology?
Not at all.
God is a god of vengeance, He will not allow murderers to escape unpunished.

Did you see the movie that Mel Gibson made about Jesus? I can still picture in my mind the horrible faces of the Romans who lashed and crucified Jesus. Jesus did ask the Father God to pardon them; for they know not what they do, but I doubt very much whether God granted that pardon. If He did, then He will be seen as unfair to every other murderer who does not repent.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Not at all.
God is a god of vengeance, He will not allow murderers to escape unpunished.

Did you see the movie that Mel Gibson made about Jesus? I can still picture in my mind the horrible faces of the Romans who lashed and crucified Jesus. Jesus did ask the Father God to pardon them; for they know not what they do, but I doubt very much whether God granted that pardon. If He did, then He will be seen as unfair to every other murderer who does not repent.
2 Corinthians 5:18-19

All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation: that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting people’s sins against them.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No there is not any scripture that specifically states that any human will live in heaven. John 14:1-4 does not say it.
Only after the Millennium, does the New Jerusalem, which John refers to, will come to us. The earth will then be as heaven, as God dwells with mankind. Revelation 21:1-7
So you do not believe Jesus is in heaven now.

Because when a believer dies their body goes into the ground and their spirit and soul go to heaven.

2 Corinthians 5:8
We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

And JOhn 14 most certainly refers to the church.

Yes, after the millenium new Jerusalem comes down to earth, but until then teh church resides in heaven

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation: that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting people’s sins against them.
You seem divorced from reality.
Read Romans 1:18-32.....those wicked people know well enough the just decrees of God, their behaviour deserves Death.
Because when a believer dies their body goes into the ground and their spirit and soul go to heaven.

2 Corinthians 5:8
We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

And JOhn 14 most certainly refers to the church.

Yes, after the millenium new Jerusalem comes down to earth, but until then teh church resides in heaven
This belief contradicts many scriptures, it is just a white lie to console the bereaved.

Revelation 20:5 says it plainly; The rest of the dead wait until the thousand years is over. ONLY the martyrs killed during the final 3 1/2 years, will be brought back to mortal life when Jesus Returns.
Humans never go to live in heaven, God has angels there; our destiny is to be His people on the earth for Eternity, Revelation 21 to 22

Last edited:

Dan Clarkston

Dec 16, 2023
Denver Colorado
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I doubt the Lord is confused. The Lord causing the depopulation was what I was saying
In Post #58, you said "the entire Middle East will be virtually depopulated when the Lord sends His fiery wrath"

So you were saying after the middle east is depopulated, THEN the Lord would send down His wrath

We are in the holy Land when the 'beast' comes to conquer us.

Not me, I'm going to be in Heaven and won't be a part of the tribulation saints which are those who were born again after the catching away of the church (rapture)

You'll have to argue with the Lord about that because apparently there is a cut off time at some point and after that He whacks some folks who are rebellious and disobedient:

2 Thessalonians 1:7,8
And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,
In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:
Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
The fulfilment of Psalms 83:
Zephaniah 3:8 Wait for Me, says the Lord, wait for the Day when I stand up and accuse mankind. For I shall pour out My wrath upon nations and kingdoms, in My burning anger: the whole earth will be devastated by fire.

Zephaniah 1:14-18 The great Day of the Lord’s vengeance and wrath is near and coming fast. That Day will be a Day of distress and torment, a Day of devastation amid thick darkness. A Day of thunder and destruction against military fortifications and cities. the Lord will bring terrible distress upon the people, they won’t know which way to turn as they are punished for their sins against Me. Their blood and guts will be spilled out like filth over the ground. Neither their treasure nor their idols will be able to save them on the sudden and shocking Day of the Lord’s fiery anger. All the Land will be burned and devastated. Ezekiel 20:46-48

Zephaniah 2:1-3 Prepare yourselves, you undesirable nation, be humble before you disappear like chaff, before the burning anger of the Lord comes upon you. Seek righteousness; seek humility, all you people in the Land who obey God’s Laws and it may be that you will find shelter on the Day of the Lord’s anger.

Zephaniah 2:4-7 Gaza will be deserted, Ashkelon left in ruins. At midday all the towns of the Mediterranean coast will be cleared of inhabitants, for the Word of God is against you – land of the Philistines. I shall lay you in ruins, no one will survive. The sea coast will become a sheep grazing area belonging to the survivors of Judah, for their God will turn to them and restore their fortunes. Isaiah 14-1, Ezekiel 36:1-37

Zephaniah 2:8-10 I have noted the insults of Moab and the Ammonites, how they have reviled My people and encroached on their frontiers. For this, I swear, they will become like Sodom and Gomorrah, a place of weeds and salt pans. Those of My people who survive will inherit their land. This is retribution for their pride, because they have insulted God’s people and taken over their Land. Jeremiah 12:14, Amos 2:1-5

Zephaniah 3:11-13 On that Day, Jerusalem, I shall rid you of your proud and arrogant citizens, but I will leave a remnant, a humble people who will trust in Me. The survivors in Israel will be righteous, under My protection. Isaiah 31:5

Zephaniah 3:19-20 When the time comes and I have dealt with your oppressors, then I shall rescue the lost and gather the dispersed and bring you all to your homeland. You will win respect and renown from the other nations when I restore your fortunes before your very eyes, It is I, the Lord, who speaks. Ref: REB. Some verses abridged.

Wait for the Day; the whole earth burned and devastated. The only known way how this could happen, is by a massive Coronal Mass Ejection, a fire judgement mentioned and described over 100 times in Bible prophecy. It will be the event that ‘comes like a thief’, unexpected and shocking. Isaiah 30:26, Malachi 4:1

You undesirable nation – The Jewish State of Israel. It may be that those who live righteously and humbly will ‘find shelter on the Day of the Lord’s anger.’ 2 Peter 2:9

Philistines and Moab and Ammon – Palestinians and Jordanians. Amos 1:6-8 & 13-14, Ezekiel 21:28-31

leave a remnant in Jerusalem, under My protection – Isaiah 4:3, Romans 9:27

rescue the lost....bring you home – The great gathering of all the faithful Christian peoples, prophesied more than 40 times, to happen soon after this forthcoming, worldwide fire judgement. They will live in the promised Land, under God’s protection and when the Anti Christ comes to Jerusalem, Daniel 11:31-32, Revelation 13:7, they are taken to a place of safety until the Return of Jesus.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You seem divorced from reality.
Read Romans 1:18-32.....those wicked people know well enough the just decrees of God, their behaviour deserves Death.
Not sure if you will understand this but understanding is determined by HOW (caps, highlighted and underlined) one reads/ hears/ sees. It appears to me that you only perceive one particular way of hearing/ seeing. With this assumption you interpret.

An interesting exercise is looking at the expression 'the wrath of God'. If one's pride in assuming can be put on the shelf (even temporarily) one will discover that it does not mean what is assumed at first glance. Sorting through this requires a willingness to acknowledge it is possible to have a faulty paradigm. Without that acknowledgment the track one is on is fixed and new information will not and cannot come to any dawning.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This belief contradicts many scriptures, it is just a white lie to console the bereaved.

Revelation 20:5 says it plainly; The rest of the dead wait until the thousand years is over. ONLY the martyrs killed during the final 3 1/2 years, will be brought back to mortal life when Jesus Returns.
Humans never go to live in heaven, God has angels there; our destiny is to be His people on the earth for Eternity, Revelation 21 to 22
You err because you are used to pulling Scriptures out of context.

The REv. 20:5 passage read in context tells different than you ropinion.

Revelation 20:5-7

King James Version

5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.
7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,

Yes the first resurrection here is tribulation saints. The second resurrection is for the lost. YOu ignore the part that says: "on such the second death has no power" Those resurrected on the second resurrection are under the authority of the second death which is th elake of fire.

These are the lost of all time All lost go to the place of torments spoken of in the account of Lazarus and the rich man to be resurrected at the second resurrection (to be restored to their bodies with immortality) to be cast into the lake of fire in their immortal bodies.