Psalms 83 unfolding

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Current covenant nation! The New covenant was made to israel.

God foretold of His dispersing and then regathering His chosen people (Israel) in the end times.

God made this an eternal covenant- that means forever!

Ez. 37-39 show Israel is still Gods people.

Jer. 31:31-34 still show Israel is Gods covenant people.

Ez. 20:33-38 shows Israel is still gods covenant people.

Zech. 13:8-9 shows Israel is still Gods covenant people

Matt. 23: 37-38 shows I srael is still gods covenant people!

Romans 11:1-5 show that Israel is still Gods covenant people.

Romans 11:11-15 Show that Israel is still Gods covenant people

Romans 11:25-31 shows that Israel is still Gods covenant people

Rev. 12 shows that Israel is still Gods covenant people.

There are many more. These are just the ones off the top of my head that show God has not forsaken His covenants and promises to Israel.
And that's true. He simply removed the ten northern tribes to among the Gentiles, where The Gospel would go after the majority of Jews in holy land rejected Jesus. And thus the western Christian nations where they migrated to would fulfill God's prophecy to Jacob that his seed would become "a company of nations", and that Ephraim's seed would become "a multitude of nations".

And the majority of the "house of Judah" which later went captive to Babylon under Nebuchadnezzar, only a very small remnant of those Jews actually returned to Jerusalem. The majority of them were scattered further through the countries like the ten northern tribes had been about 120 years prior.

And thus Apostle James addresses all 12 tribes scattered abroad in his Epistle. And James was not addressing unbelieving Jews, but believers of both the ten tribe "house of Israel" and believing Jews of the "house of Judah", scattered among the Gentiles.

God's covenants and promises did not end with His scattering of them; instead His covenants and promises followed the believers of the Israelite seed, both of the ten tribes and the Jews. And many of the Gentiles would also believe on Jesus Christ among them, and become part of Paul's "commonwealth of Israel".

To prove this even further, all one need do is trace God's Promises to the seed according to His Birthright. Those promises began first to Abraham, then to his son Isaac, and then to his son Jacob. And from Jacob they went to his son Joseph. And from Joseph they wound upon his two sons Ephraim and Manasseh, with Ephraim the younger being the head in the Birthright promises. Then all one need do is look where those Promises to the seed are established in the world today. And they are still established among God's chosen seed under The New Covenant, most of them just are no more in the holy land.

Reactions: Keraz

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
God did come down from heaven, in the form of Jesus. Most of His Prophesies are plainly set out in the Book of Revelation.
Believe them, or remain in the dark. 1 Thess 5:1-11
Yet you speak like one who has never heard of how Jesus qualified the OT scriptures. In fact, you interpret as one who dismisses Jesus altogether particularly when it comes to understanding OT prophecies through the lens of Jesus..
I am aware that this might shock you.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I am aware that this might shock you.
What does shock me, is the sheer ignorance of most Christians, of what God has planned for His people in the end times.

The New Testament confirms, supports and verifies the Prophesies of the Old Testament.
And the majority of the "house of Judah" which later went captive to Babylon under Nebuchadnezzar, only a very small remnant of those Jews actually returned to Jerusalem. The majority of them were scattered further through the countries like the ten northern tribes had been about 120 years prior.
You explain very well the truths of who and where the two Houses of Israel and Judah are today.

I would think that there are very few, if any real, actual, traceable members of the House of Judah in the Land of Israel today. Certainly, just a tiny number: a remnant, in the Spiritual sense.
That State, with their flag of the occult star of Rephaim, is a Satanic construct. a false imitation of the real Israel of God,
The Jewish State of Israel has had spiritual assistance, but not from God. Satan is quite capable of putting the frighteners onto the Egyptians!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The New Testament confirms, supports and verifies the Prophesies of the Old Testament.
I'm confident you would not be able to support your OT interpretations by NT writings....particularly the perspective of Jesus.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Psalms 144:5-8 Lord: Part the heavens, come down and touch the mountains, so they pour forth smoke. Send Your lightning flashes far and wide and speed Your arrows to their mark.
Reach out Your hand from on high and rescue me from the mighty turmoil. Save me from the power of enemies, whose every word is worthless and every oath is false.

The Lord will ‘part the heavens’, that is: the sky, our atmosphere and magnetosphere as prophesied in Revelation 6:14, Isaiah 34:4. This is what a massive CME will do when it strikes the earth. The microwave effect of its shortwave spectrum will penetrate the earth’s crust, causing severe earthquakes and volcanic eruptions. Deuteronomy 32:22, Amos 8:8, Nahum 1:5

every word false’, The Islamic code of Al Takkya encourages them to use deception when dealing with ‘infidels’.

Psalms 145:14-21 In all His promises, the Lord keeps faith, He is unchanging in all His works. The Lord supports all who struggle in life, all those who lift their eyes to You in hope, He will feed and satisfy them in the time of His favour. The Lord is near to all who call to Him in sincerity, He fulfils the desires of those who fear Him, He hears their cry for help and saves them. The Lord watches over all who love Him, but the wicked, He will utterly destroy.

Psalms 147:1-6 How good it is to praise our God! He rebuilds Jerusalem and gathers in the scattered Israelites. It is He who heals the broken spirited and binds up their wounds. He knows all His people and calls them by name. Mighty is our God and great is His power and wisdom. He gives support to the humble and brings evildoers down.

‘people’ in verse 4 is translated ‘stars’, but from the context and as we see in Daniel 12:3, the Lord’s holy people are ‘like stars’. Zechariah 9:16

The Lord promises to save His people, ‘all who call to him in sincerity’. Joel 2:32, Acts 2:21 Then to ‘gather them in a rebuilt and regenerated Land’, where He will ’feed them and satisfy all their needs’. The godless peoples and those who go to attack Israel, ‘He will utterly destroy’.

Psalms 147:12-20 Jerusalem: Sing to the Lord, Zion: praise your God, for He has made your Land and cities whole again and blessed your inhabitants. He brings peace to the Holy Land and food in plenty. He commands the rain and snow to fall in their due seasons. To Jacob, He has revealed His Word: His statutes and decrees to [faithful] Israelites. He has not done that for the other nations.
Ref: REB,NIV. Some verses abridged.

The true God fearing Christian Israelites, that is: natural descendants and those grafted in, people from every tribe, race, nation and language, will at last live in peace and prosperity in all of that area promised to the Patriarchs, will then fulfill what God had originally planned for them, that is to be His witnesses and a ‘light to the nations’, spreading the good news of the coming Kingdom of Jesus. Isaiah 49:6, Isaiah 66:19, Revelation 14:1-7

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The covenant with Israel does not. There is a new covenant and you have to be a Christian to take part in it.
Genesis 17
[7] And I [God] will establish my covenant between me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee.

God's covenant with Abraham still stands. The Old Covenant, i.e., the Law, was given to Moses on Mt. Sinai. The New Covenant, i.e., Grace, was given by Jesus.

John 1
[17] For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Genesis 17
[7] And I [God] will establish my covenant between me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee.

God's covenant with Abraham still stands. The Old Covenant, i.e., the Law, was given to Moses on Mt. Sinai. The New Covenant, i.e., Grace, was given by Jesus.

John 1
[17] For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

The covenant between God and Abraham is not the same covenant between God and Israel. That covenant is gone and has been replaced by a new one.

God has had covenants with various peoples but as far as the Sinai covenant and the law of it, it was new and started at Sinai with Moses.

Exo 34:26 The first of the firstfruits of thy land thou shalt bring unto the house of the LORD thy God. Thou shalt not seethe a kid in his mother's milk.
Exo 34:27 And the LORD said unto Moses, Write thou these words: for after the tenor of these words I have made a covenant with thee and with Israel.
Exo 34:28 And he was there with the LORD forty days and forty nights; he did neither eat bread, nor drink water. And he wrote upon the tables the words of the covenant, the ten commandments.

The ten commandments are the words of this new covenant equaling the law to the covenant. A covenant is a contract or agreement between two parties and the law is the words of that agreement. One requires things to be done, and the other party must adhere to and obey in order for the agreement to work. And we see in the verses that this new covenant starts with the words of the Ten commandments, the pillar of the law and the covenant. Previous covenants already had their words whether written or verbally spoken but this covenant had specific laws that were new to everyone.

Reactions: Cassandra

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Psalms 144:5-8 Lord: Part the heavens, come down and touch the mountains, so they pour forth smoke. Send Your lightning flashes far and wide and speed Your arrows to their mark.
Reach out Your hand from on high and rescue me from the mighty turmoil. Save me from the power of enemies, whose every word is worthless and every oath is false.

The Lord will ‘part the heavens’, that is: the sky, our atmosphere and magnetosphere as prophesied in Revelation 6:14, Isaiah 34:4. This is what a massive CME will do when it strikes the earth. The microwave effect of its shortwave spectrum will penetrate the earth’s crust, causing severe earthquakes and volcanic eruptions. Deuteronomy 32:22, Amos 8:8, Nahum 1:5

every word false’, The Islamic code of Al Takkya encourages them to use deception when dealing with ‘infidels’.

Psalms 145:14-21 In all His promises, the Lord keeps faith, He is unchanging in all His works. The Lord supports all who struggle in life, all those who lift their eyes to You in hope, He will feed and satisfy them in the time of His favour. The Lord is near to all who call to Him in sincerity, He fulfils the desires of those who fear Him, He hears their cry for help and saves them. The Lord watches over all who love Him, but the wicked, He will utterly destroy.

Psalms 147:1-6 How good it is to praise our God! He rebuilds Jerusalem and gathers in the scattered Israelites. It is He who heals the broken spirited and binds up their wounds. He knows all His people and calls them by name. Mighty is our God and great is His power and wisdom. He gives support to the humble and brings evildoers down.

‘people’ in verse 4 is translated ‘stars’, but from the context and as we see in Daniel 12:3, the Lord’s holy people are ‘like stars’. Zechariah 9:16

The Lord promises to save His people, ‘all who call to him in sincerity’. Joel 2:32, Acts 2:21 Then to ‘gather them in a rebuilt and regenerated Land’, where He will ’feed them and satisfy all their needs’. The godless peoples and those who go to attack Israel, ‘He will utterly destroy’.

Psalms 147:12-20 Jerusalem: Sing to the Lord, Zion: praise your God, for He has made your Land and cities whole again and blessed your inhabitants. He brings peace to the Holy Land and food in plenty. He commands the rain and snow to fall in their due seasons. To Jacob, He has revealed His Word: His statutes and decrees to [faithful] Israelites. He has not done that for the other nations.
Ref: REB,NIV. Some verses abridged.

The true God fearing Christian Israelites, that is: natural descendants and those grafted in, people from every tribe, race, nation and language, will at last live in peace and prosperity in all of that area promised to the Patriarchs, will then fulfill what God had originally planned for them, that is to be His witnesses and a ‘light to the nations’, spreading the good news of the coming Kingdom of Jesus. Isaiah 49:6, Isaiah 66:19, Revelation 14:1-7
Men want revenge and so expect and assume that God also wants and exercises revenge on his 'enemies' but that is not how God operates. Jesus showed us that God does not reflect evil back, he absorbs it....and it kills him.

When Jesus said, 'do not resist an evil man' (Matt.5:39) do we suppose that God operates by a different standard?
Evil has in itself the seeds of its own destruction. This is evidenced by Adam's demise after he disobeyed. God's prediction came true; 'you will surely die'. God didn't say, I will kill you.

The expectation and understanding of the OT writers that God is proactive in destroying his enemies with violence is in error. How do I know this? ...because Jesus revealed/ demonstrated the the character and nature of God. He allowed evil to do its uttermost to him but he triumphed, not by reflecting evil back but by absorbing it....to the point of death.

Interpreting the OT scriptures like a Christ denying Rabbi sets one on the wrong track. If one believes God sanctions the methods of evil (violence) then one justifies the use of violence in ones own reality.......and isn't that what the devil wants?

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Interpreting the OT scriptures like a Christ denying Rabbi sets one on the wrong track
In #27, I posted the plain Words of scripture. I then showed how those plain Words could be literally fulfilled.
You; it seems - prefer to ignore plain statements and make Bible Prophecy of no use or consequence.

Not sensible or helpful for understanding what God really does plan to do.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Malachi 4:1 The Day comes, burning like a furnace, all the arrogant and evildoers will be as stubble – that Day will burn them up, leaving them neither root nor branch.

Amos 5:18-20 Woe betide those who long for the Day of the Lord. What will that Day mean for you? It will be darkness, not light. It will be as when someone runs from a lion, only to be confronted by a bear, or as when he leans on a wall and is bitten by a snake. The Day of the Lord is indeed darkness, not light. In no way is this about the Return of Jesus.

Darkness caused by the approaching mass of a CME, obscuring the sun.

Zephaniah 1:14-18 The great Day of the Lord is near and coming fast, no runner is so swift as that Day. That Day is a Day of wrath, of anguish and torment, a Day of destruction and devastation, a Day of darkness and cloud, a Day of trumpet blasts and battle cries against fortifications. I shall bring dire distress on people, they will walk like the blind because of their sins against Me. Their blood will be poured out, their dead bodies like dung. Neither their silver or gold will avail to save them on the Day of the Lord’s wrath. By the fire of His jealousy, the whole land will be consumed, for He will make a sudden and terrible end to all who live in the land. This is also the “third swing of the sword” Ezekiel 21:8-16, the final judgement of Judah and cannot be at the Return.

Psalms 37:20 The enemies of the Lord will perish like fuel in a furnace, they will go up in smoke.

Isaiah 9:18-19 Wicked men have been set ablaze, like a fire fed with thorn bushes. They are wrapped in a pall of smoke, the land is scorched by the fury of the Lord and the people are fuel for the fire.

Isaiah 24:19-20 The earth is shattered, it is convulsed and reels wildly. The earth lurches like a drunkard and sways like a watchman’s shelter, because the sins of its inhabitants weigh heavily upon it, and it falls to rise no more.

falls, to rise no more’, from the chapter context, this is not complete or permanent, therefore the world recovers from it.

Revelation 6:12-17 I watched as the Lamb broke the Sixth Seal. There was a violent earthquake, the sun turned black and the moon red. The starry host [satellites?] fell to the earth, like figs blown off the tree and the sky rolled up like a scroll. All peoples were terrified and hid themselves, calling out: Who can hide us from the One who sits on the Throne and the wrath of the Lamb? For their great Day of vengeance and wrath has come and who can stand? Isaiah 34:4

Isaiah 2:12-22 The Lord has a Day of doom prepared, for all the proud and ungodly peoples. He alone, will be exalted on that Day. Everyone will throw away their idols and their money, they will crawl into hiding places when He comes to strike the world with terror.
Ref: REB. Some verses abridged

All these verses listed above match with the Sixth Seal, an event that takes place before all the other Revelation happenings, such as the trumpet and Bowl judgements, the beasts, the fall of mystery Babylon and the rescue of the ‘Woman’. As it can be shown, the first five seal judgements have already been opened, therefore the next prophesied event that we can expect in our world will be the Lord’s Day of vengeance and wrath, – a powerful and terrible judgement, by fire from the sun, that will destroy His enemies. This will make ‘a sudden and terrible end to all who live in the Land’, that is all the area from the Nile to the Euphrates, when enemies commence their attack on Israel. ‘all peoples will be terrified’, this will affect all the world and enable the formation of a One World government, also the gathering of the Christian Israelites into all of the holy Land.

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The covenant between God and Abraham is not the same covenant between God and Israel. That covenant is gone and has been replaced by a new one.
No, the everlasting covenant with Abraham transferred to Issac and then to Jacob (Israel). Something everlasting does not end.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, the everlasting covenant with Abraham transferred to Issac and then to Jacob (Israel). Something everlasting does not end.

You are confusing covenants. The one with Abraham is not the same one Israel had, Exo_34:10, 27

The cov with Israel ended.

Heb 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:
Heb 8:11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.
Heb 8:12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.
Heb 8:13 In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

Heb 10:8 Above when he said, Sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein; which are offered by the law;
Heb 10:9 Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
In #27, I posted the plain Words of scripture. I then showed how those plain Words could be literally fulfilled.
You; it seems - prefer to ignore plain statements and make Bible Prophecy of no use or consequence.

Not sensible or helpful for understanding what God really does plan to do.
Like I said Keraz, you interpret the OT like a Christ denying Rabbi.....and further, you do not underpin your interpretations with NT ie, with and from the perspective of Jesus......so you stay stuck with a view the OT writers had of a violent God who resolves matters by force. In other words, a God who violates or punishes people who exercise their God given right of choice if and when they choose against God.

As an example, if a politician said, vote for me and I'll give you your hearts desire but vote against me and I will punish you, that sort of person would be despicable in most peoples eyes. Do we attribute to God the same attitude as this politician?

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
if a politician said, vote for me and I'll give you your hearts desire but vote against me and I will punish you, that sort of person would be despicable in most peoples eyes. Do we attribute to God the same attitude as this politician?
No; and I resent your accusing me of such a belief.
You are a prime example of someone who thinks the easy times will never end. But they will, as any good periods have in the past.

As for the Prophesies I quote from the OT, of the Lord coming in fire: Hebrews 12:29 Our God is a devouring fire.
Wait for the Day..........: Zephaniah 5:8

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No; and I resent your accusing me of such a belief.
You are a prime example of someone who thinks the easy times will never end. But they will, as any good periods have in the past.

As for the Prophesies I quote from the OT, of the Lord coming in fire: Hebrews 12:29 Our God is a devouring fire.
Wait for the Day
..........: Zephaniah 5:8
....and the Jews thought that the role of the Messiah was to whip the tail of the Romans and when he didn't follow that line they resented him for it.....he just didn't fit into the picture they had so studiously developed in spite of him fulfilling their other criterial signs as to what the Messiah would do and how to identify him.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Psalms 83 fulfilment very near now:

Iran is building a long-term nuclear military option, with enrichment and armament facilities buried deep underground. According to the IAEA, Iran has enriched uranium to near-bomb-ready levels (84%, which is close to the 90% level necessary for a nuclear weapon) and in recent months has tripled its accumulation of weapons-grade uranium, enough for production of an estimated six nuclear weapons within four weeks.

Iran is developing a formidable long-range missile arsenal of great technological variability, including solid and liquid propellant ballistic missiles, cruise missiles, and ICBMs. The latest Iranian ICBM, called the "Khorramshahr," seems to be based on the North Korean BM25 missile with a range of 3,500 km. The entire Iranian ballistic missile program is in violation of United Nations Security Council prohibitions.

Like his predecessors, US President Biden has pledged that he will never allow Iran to acquire a nuclear weapon. But American military leaders now say only that the US "remains committed Iran will not have a fielded nuclear weapon" (– Joint Chiefs of Staff General Mark Milley to Congress in March 2023). This suggests that the Biden administration is now prepared to tolerate developed nuclear weapons in Iran's hands, provided the weapon is not "fielded," in other words, deployed.
Ref: Israel Hayom

Adrift

Apr 1, 2024
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why are some people so pre-occupied with knowing when the end is near or here? We can't do anything about it anyway. We are supposed to stay ready. He will come as a thief in the night. Accept Jesus as your Savior, repent and avoid sin and you'll be OK.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Man is certainly aware of prophecies in the eschatology of the Abrahamic faiths. And governments are able to manipulate events accordingly because fear generates concession unto any means of salvation.

If "they" are able to unite and make the end of the world prophecies appear emanant how will that affect the global population of believers?

The, Us vs.Them dynamic inherently active within the trinity of faiths doctrines insures capitulation of our respective egos should Armageddon appear on the horizon.

God knows the U.S is poking Iran,whom Obama armed with the capacity to create a nuclear stronghold.