Psalms 83 unfolding

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why are some people so pre-occupied with knowing when the end is near or here? We can't do anything about it anyway. We are supposed to stay ready. He will come as a thief in the night. Accept Jesus as your Savior, repent and avoid sin and you'll be OK.
I know Christians whose faith must intertwine with fear.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Man is certainly aware of prophecies in the eschatology of the Abrahamic faiths. And governments are able to manipulate events accordingly because fear generates concession unto any means of salvation.

If "they" are able to unite and make the end of the world prophecies appear emanant how will that affect the global population of believers?

The, Us vs.Them dynamic inherently active within the trinity of faiths doctrines insures capitulation of our respective egos should Armageddon appear on the horizon.

God knows the U.S is poking Iran,whom Obama armed with the capacity to create a nuclear stronghold.

Confusing second guessing with fact keeps the yada yada rolling.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He will come as a thief in the night.

Not to those who are awake and watching.

1Th 5:2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.
1Th 5:3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.
1Th 5:4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Psalms 83 fulfilment very near now:

Iran is building a long-term nuclear military option, with enrichment and armament facilities buried deep underground. According to the IAEA, Iran has enriched uranium to near-bomb-ready levels (84%, which is close to the 90% level necessary for a nuclear weapon) and in recent months has tripled its accumulation of weapons-grade uranium, enough for production of an estimated six nuclear weapons within four weeks.

Iran is developing a formidable long-range missile arsenal of great technological variability, including solid and liquid propellant ballistic missiles, cruise missiles, and ICBMs. The latest Iranian ICBM, called the "Khorramshahr," seems to be based on the North Korean BM25 missile with a range of 3,500 km. The entire Iranian ballistic missile program is in violation of United Nations Security Council prohibitions.

Like his predecessors, US President Biden has pledged that he will never allow Iran to acquire a nuclear weapon. But American military leaders now say only that the US "remains committed Iran will not have a fielded nuclear weapon" (– Joint Chiefs of Staff General Mark Milley to Congress in March 2023). This suggests that the Biden administration is now prepared to tolerate developed nuclear weapons in Iran's hands, provided the weapon is not "fielded," in other words, deployed.
Ref: Israel Hayom
Psalm 83 does not mention Iran once.

There are different interpretations of the nations mentioned in Psalm 83. According to former Palestinian terrorist Walid Shoebat, the nations in Psalm 83 are Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Iraq, Lebanon, Syria, and Turkey1. However, the pitfall of connecting modern-day Iran with Assyria is that during the psalmist’s time, Assyria only comprised much of what is today northern Syria and part of Iraq. In order for Iran to be mentioned in Psalm 83, the psalmist would need to have included, Elam, Media, or Persia in the confederate lineup2. Another interpretation of the nations mentioned in the Bible includes Persia [Iran], among other nations3.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Psalm 83 does not mention Iran once.
It is a general reference to the Islamic peoples. They will ALL attack the Jewish State of Israel.
Jeremiah 49:34-37, Ezekiel 32:24-25, tells us the fate of Iran.

Tell me honestly Ronald, the person called to explain the Prophesies; did you know those verses about Iran? Or did you forget them?

Last edited:

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It is a general reference to the Islamic peoples. They will ALL attack the Jewish State of Israel.
Jeremiah 40:34-37, Ezekiel 32:24-25, tells us the fate of Iran.

Tell me honestly Ronald, the person called to explain the Prophesies; did you know those verses about Iran? Or did you forget them?
It is primitive, short sighted, laterally restricted and guaranteed to have one barking up the wrong tree to claim that God's enemies are geographically bounded.

Last edited:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
It is primitive, short sighted and guaranteed to have one barking up the wrong tree to claim that God's enemies are geographically bounded.

Russia, China, Iran.

They are in for a surprise , a God sized "comeuppance".....= regarding their plan to burn ALL those JEWS... into a shiny desert made of Hot Glass.

OH, what a surprise awaits them..

A.) ""The God in Heaven LAUGHS""... at the Devil's masterplan.

Psalm 2:4

A.) See You there.....Mighty LORD Jesus.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jeremiah 40:34-37, Ezekiel 32:24-25, tells us the fate of Iran.

No it is a specific reference to specific nations. I know of many verses that speak of modern Iran (Persia).

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I know of many verses that speak of modern Iran (Persia).
Also Elam and Media, even Assyria was where Iran is now.
I have corrected the verses I posted in #45 =Jeremiah 49:34-37, Ezekiel 32:24-25, tells us the fate of Iran.
When do you think these Prophesies will happen?

I believe that to promote the Prophetic Word is my calling too.
So; our problem is that you espouse a rapture to heaven and I reject it. I contend that the faithful peoples of God will gather and live in all of the holy Land, soon after it is cleared and cleansed by the Lords Day of fiery wrath. Many Prophesies confirm this, whereas there is no Prophecy that actually states the Lord will take His people to live in heaven.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I have corrected the verses I posted in #45 =Jeremiah 49:34-37, Ezekiel 32:24-25, tells us the fate of Iran.

So; our problem is that you espouse a rapture to heaven and I reject it. I contend that the faithful peoples of God will gather and live in all of the holy Land, soon after it is cleared and cleansed by the Lords Day of fiery wrath. Many Prophesies confirm this, whereas there is no Prophecy that actually states the Lord will take His people to live in heaven.
You would believe what you believe Keraz, even if scriptures to the contrary were pointed out to you.
It is difficult to change a paradigm, I know that.
Pride in accomplishment attained, imagined or position held over a long time is only ever relinquished by those who have courage.......such is the power of pride.......it felled the bright star who stood in the presence of God. Do you think it could have power to fell you?

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
You would believe what you believe Keraz, even if scriptures to the contrary were pointed out to you.
I have not seen any yet. Plenty of opinion and comments like; Nope and not so, etc.
It is difficult to change a paradigm, I know that.
Its simple really, just discard anything without proper Biblical support and believe that which is actually Prophesied.
Pride in accomplishment attained
Do you think I am proud of my inability to change anyone's; beliefs about the end times? T Any that I know of.
All I can say I have done is to present the truths of the Prophetic Word, I prove thru Bible verses, how people are wrong, but they just carry on in their delusions.
My hope is that when things really start to happen, then they may say: Keraz was right!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I have not seen any yet. Plenty of opinion and comments like; Nope and not so, etc.

Its simple really, just discard anything without proper Biblical support and believe that which is actually Prophesied.

Do you think I am proud of my inability to change anyone's; beliefs about the end times? T Any that I know of.
All I can say I have done is to present the truths of the Prophetic Word, I prove thru Bible verses, how people are wrong, but they just carry on in their delusions.
My hope is that when things really start to happen, then they may say: Keraz was right!
Ahhhh, the Bible! What an interesting collection of writings.....but who really knows what they are talking about with their mighty claims of having 'proper biblical support'
There is enough in there to outrage even the most liberal; stuff like dismembering your concubine that you found dead on your doorstep one morning because you pushed her out to be violated all night by a hoard of insatiable rapists......you want me to go on?....there is plenty of biblical support!

Most of the yada yada that is engaged is just an ego trip and few are really interested in being objective. If they were, they'd be asking pertinent questions instead of irrelevant ones and they certainly wouldn't be preaching at folk! How do I know this? ...by statements like yours here, 'My hope is that when things really start to happen, then they may say: Keraz was right!'....and similar.

Paul states of a certain class 'forever learning but never coming to a knowledge of the truth' 2 Timothy 3:7 Isn't that a danger which faces us all, or do we think we are exempt? So I will ask, what is it we are to learn which makes the difference?

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
The Lords fiery judgement on the Middle East:

Isaiah 29:1-2 Woe to you Ariel! Ariel, the city where David settled. The years roll on and you carry out your festivals. Yet, I shall reduce Ariel to dire straits. There will be suffering and sorrow, when I make her My fire altar.
Ariel – is a pun on the Hebrew word, ‘har’el’ = the Temple burnt offering altar. In this prophecy, it refers to Jerusalem and all the State of Israel. Ezekiel 21:1-7, Isaiah 22:1-14, Amos 2:4-5, Jeremiah 12:14

Isaiah 29:3-4 I will encompass you and besiege you with the visitation of My fiery judgement. You will be brought low, you will hide underground, your voice will whisper out of the earth. The survivors in Jerusalem will shelter in underground bunkers. Isaiah 31:5, Isaiah 6:13, Isaiah 37:31-32
The Lord’s judgement/punishment of the nations, by fire from God’s storehouse, Deuteronomy 32:22,34-35,41-43, will be an explosion on the suns surface, Isaiah 30:26a, Isaiah 66:15-16, Malachi 4:1, Hebrews 10:27, 2 Peter 3:7, Revelation 6:12-17

Joel 2:1-11 Sound the alarm! For the Day of the Lord’s wrath is coming. As the sun rises, a vast host will appear, the like has never been known. It advances in a devouring fire, behind is a leaping flame that leaves a desolate wasteland. Nothing can escape it, nothing can stop it and as it strikes, the earth quakes and the heavens thunder. Who can survive that dark and terrible Day?

Isaiah 29:5-8 But, your enemies will become like dust, those ruthless hordes, like blown chaff. Suddenly, in an instant, punishment will come from the Lord Almighty, with earthquakes, thunder, storms and a blaze of devouring fire. All the nations warring against Mt Zion, will vanish, as a dream, like one who is hungry or thirsty; then wakes to find himself empty, so it will be with all those nations attacking Israel. Malachi 4:3

The fire judgement on the Middle East, striking ‘in an instant’, will be a Coronal Mass Ejection: a sunstrike of unprecedented magnitude and is the next prophesied event we can expect, it is the Day that will ‘come as a thief’, sudden and unexpectedly. Zechariah 3:9, Isaiah 10:17 It is quite a different event to what is described about the attack and destruction of Gog or of Armageddon, both to come later, respectively.

Psalm 83:13-18, Isaiah 34:5, Isaiah 30:25-28 & 30, Ezekiel 30:1-5, Zephaniah 1:14-18,

The regeneration of the Middle East: Isaiah 35, Ezekiel 36:8-12, Amos 9:13-15

Isaiah 29:17-21 In a very short time, the Land will be made prosperous again. On that Day, the deaf will hear and the blind will see and the lowly and poor will exult in the Holy One of Israel. The ruthless and evil peoples will be gone, all who practice falsehood will be cut down. Isaiah 66:12-17, Psalms 107:1-43, Jeremiah 33:12-13

Isaiah 29:22-23 Therefore, these are the words of the Lord, who redeemed Abraham, about the House of Jacob: [now: every true Christian believer] This is no time for you to be ashamed, no time to be frightened, for his descendants will praise My Name, when they see what I have done for them. They will stand in awe of the Holy God of Israel. Reference: REB, NIV. Some verses condensed.

Christian Israelites, all those who kept faithful during the sudden disaster of the Sixth Seal, be they descendants of Jacob or grafted in by faith, will be gathered into the Land, ”in a very short time” after the Lord’s Day of vengeance and wrath against the nations Ezekiel 20: 34-38, Isaiah 11:11-12, Jeremiah 30:18-24, Rev 7:9\

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Rattling off the same old stuff Keraz is just a convenient way of avoiding discussion so you never get to question yourself.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Yes Elam and Media were part of ancient Persia , but not Assyria, they aonly went as far as modern Iraq.

There is several promises of Christians living in heaven.

John 14

King James Version

14 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.
2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

Jesus went to heaven!

And verse 3 is a promise of the rapture!

This really should be enough.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Rattling off the same old stuff Keraz is just a convenient way of avoiding discussion so you never get to question yourself.
If the Bible Prophesies are just 'same old stuff', to you; then all that will happen soon will surprise and shock you.
Sad really, that so many Christians have no clue about what the Lord has planned for the world, before Jesus Returns.
There is several promises of Christians living in heaven.
No there is not any scripture that specifically states that any human will live in heaven. John 14:1-4 does not say it.
Only after the Millennium, does the New Jerusalem, which John refers to, will come to us. The earth will then be as heaven, as God dwells with mankind. Revelation 21:1-7

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Israel will have a very decisive victory because of the Lord's help and the world will hate them even more!
Actually, the Prophesies are quite clear; the entire Middle East will be virtually depopulated when the Lord sends His fiery wrath. Only a Jewish Christian remnant will survive by hiding in underground bunkers. Isaiah 29:1-4

Then the Lord will gather His 'sheep', Ezekiel 34:11-16, Jeremiah 23:3-4, John 10:1-27, the faithful Christian peoples, regenerate all of the holy Land and settle His people there, Isaiah 35:1-10, in peace and prosperity. Ezekiel 36:8-12, Romans 9:24-26, +

Dan Clarkston

Dec 16, 2023
Denver Colorado
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the entire Middle East will be virtually depopulated when the Lord sends His fiery wrath.

That would be odd to send wrath down when there's very few people.

He probably sent His wrath before and that's what caused the middle east to be depopulated.

Then the Lord will gather His 'sheep', Ezekiel 34:11-16, Jeremiah 23:3-4, John 10:1-27, the faithful Christian peoples, regenerate all of the holy Land and settle His people there, Isaiah 35:1-10, in peace and prosperity. Ezekiel 36:8-12, Romans 9:24-26, +

Yeah that's going to be over in the 1000 year reign of Christ

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually, the Prophesies are quite clear; the entire Middle East will be virtually depopulated when the Lord sends His fiery wrath. Only a Jewish Christian remnant will survive by hiding in underground bunkers. Isaiah 29:1-4

Non-Christians have bunkers too. That isn't what the passage is even saying.

Isa 29:1 Woe to Ariel, to Ariel, the city where David dwelt! add ye year to year; let them kill sacrifices.
Isa 29:2 Yet I will distress Ariel, and there shall be heaviness and sorrow: and it shall be unto me as Ariel.
Isa 29:3 And I will camp against thee round about, and will lay siege against thee with a mount, and I will raise forts against thee.
Isa 29:4 And thou shalt be brought down, and shalt speak out of the ground, and thy speech shall be low out of the dust, and thy voice shall be, as of one that hath a familiar spirit, out of the ground, and thy speech shall whisper out of the dust.

No Christians, no underground bunkers and no fire. You are employing Eisegesis.