Public notice to all Religions;

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

HeRoseFromTheDead

Not So Advanced Member
Jan 6, 2012
domenic said:
Rather than walking around in the dark believing what you believe, you should read Com 1: 16, and 17. If you still don't get it, it is because God has blinded you to the truth.
What is Com 1:16-17?

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People who claim to be Christian, and throw out basic, foundational doctrine are just as wrong as people who change the basic laws of algebra and claim to be mathmaticians.

domenic

Apr 5, 2013
ChristRoseFromTheDead said:
What is Com 1:16-17?
Com 1: 16-17 reads, "Fingers moving to fast across key board." I have others also. Just goes to show, some people never read things.

COL 1:16-17
aspen2 said:
My church is responsible for compiling the very Bible you are misinterpreting. You cannot throw out the doctrine of the Trinity and the doctrine of the Incarnation AND claim to know God because you are replacing His true nature with your private fantasy.
Yes I did know that. You admit, it was your religion that made the changes in Gods written word. Shame on your religion.
Before you even ask, here is one of a million you can read

Who changed the Bible and why? Bart Ehrman’s startling ...

Ehrman points out that most of the hundreds of thousands of textual changes found among the ... contradictions in the bible and the bible is man made ...
dangerousintersection.org/2006/10/22/who-c - Cached

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i just went to see Bart give a lecture 4 days ago. His main point is that the Bible is not inspired - what he means by not inspired is that it was written by man and contains error.

I believe the Bible is inspired by God. I believe it contains truth, but the truth is limited by the men who wrote it AND the writing style of men who wrote. For example, if Paul is taken literally Christians would actually be called to boast in the Lord, when that is not what Paul is saying at all.

Of course this is all beside the point because it has nothing to do with Catholicism or translations of the Bible

domenic

Apr 5, 2013
aspen2 said:
i just went to see Bart give a lecture 4 days ago. His main point is that the Bible is not inspired - what he means by not inspired is that it was written by man and contains error.

I believe the Bible is inspired by God. I believe it contains truth, but the truth is limited by the men who wrote it AND the writing style of men who wrote. For example, if Paul is taken literally Christians would actually be called to boast in the Lord, when that is not what Paul is saying at all.

Of course this is all beside the point because it has nothing to do with Catholicism or translations of the Bible
I believe the Bible is inspired by God. I also agree those who wrote it may have put in some of their own feelings, which did not change Gods meaning. It is also history that some men later did make some changes...but God made sure the same information was hidden in other scriptures the changers did not see.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i do not believe later translators changed the meaning of scripture.

williemac

Apr 29, 2012
Canada
domenic said:
Com 1: 16-17 reads, "Fingers moving to fast across key board." I have others also. Just goes to show, some people never read things.

COL 1:16-17
Col.1:15 does not say Jesus was the firstborn "OF" all creation. It says He is the firstborn "OVER" all creation. While you strive to take credit away from Him, remember He is "over" you. As the other verses you quote say, in Him (Jesus) ALL things consist. This includes you. How could all things consist in a created being?

It also says He is the firstborn from the dead. As others have been patiently reminding you, firstborn is a title that denotes headship and authority. The word was used because the readers understood its meaning and therefore understood that Jesus is our leader. You admit that all things were created by Him and through Him, but if He was created as you say, then all things were not created through Him. He would be an exception. But John said in ch.1:3, without Him, nothing was made that was made. This would also be false if He was made. And you claim that others are in denial?

We give Him the credit He is due, that credit which is the glory he had with His Father from the beginning and that which the Father honors Him with and wants us to also honor Him. I know you are trying to honor God, but the Father is saying "honor My Son". God is not an egotist. He exists in a way that demonstrates humility. Therefore it is right that the existence of God shows several traits that can only be manifested in several persons. In His love, Howie

domenic

Apr 5, 2013
williemachttp://www.christianityboard.com/user/8346-williemac/I don't know what Bible you are reading from...

Col.1:15 does not say Jesus was the firstborn "OF" all creation. It says He is the firstborn "OVER" all creation. While you strive to take credit away from Him, remember He is "over" you. As the other verses you quote say, in Him (Jesus) ALL things consist. This includes you. How could all things consist in a created being?

All the Bibles I have read do not say OVER, they say, OF. Seems one of us it wrong? Inee, meanee, minee, moe.

williemac

Apr 29, 2012
Canada
domenic said:
williemachttp://www.christianityboard.com/user/8346-williemac/I don't know what Bible you are reading from...

All the Bibles I have read do not say OVER, they say, OF. Seems one of us it wrong? Inee, meanee, minee, moe.
I am reading the NKJ. Seems this one has escaped you. No matter. The rest of the context says that all things were created by Him, through Him, and for Him, and in Him all things consist. Care to comment on how all created things can consist in one who Himself was created? Or are you just going to continue to ignore the contradiction that if all things were created by Him, you feel He also was created? It says nowhere that all "other" things were created by Him.

Does it not occur to you the significance of birth? It is the passing on of the life and nature of a species. While it probably is not appropriate to consider God in terms of species, for lack of a better term, if Jesus was in fact born of God, then they are of the same species. He is not called a creation of God, He is called the Son of God. You might want to identify Him with the same identity and glory and honor that the Father bestows upon His Son. It might honor the Father to do that, ya think?

domenic

Apr 5, 2013
Jesus is a God, but the Father will not have anybody put a God before him, not even his son Jesus. Do this and you will fall into the hands of the living God. The Father says of himself, "I am a life giver, and a killer. You give credit to the son, and you will fll into his hands.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
D - you have failed to give examples of scripture from the old and new testament that have been changed by the catholic church.

Instead of presenting new information you have echoed the hollow claims of all 1800 religious movements - which is that the catholic church has either changed truth or witheld truth from Christians - it is a lie from the pit

domenic

Apr 5, 2013
aspen2 said:
D - you have failed to give examples of scripture from the old and new testament that have been changed by the catholic church.

Instead of presenting new information you have echoed the hollow claims of all 1800 religious movements - which is that the catholic church has either changed truth or witheld truth from Christians - it is a lie from the pit
My friend, I don't think you would understand if Both, God, and, Jesus came down and told you the truth you woud agree with them. You need a good Bible study.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you know what - i would and am already on my knees before the triune God. Domenic i have been hard on you and i apilogize. i am praying for your justification and sanctification and look fiirward to meeting someday.

domenic

Apr 5, 2013
aspen2 said:
you know what - i would and am already on my knees before the triune God. Domenic i have been hard on you and i apilogize. i am praying for your justification and sanctification and look fiirward to meeting someday.
I know no trine God you serve. Take your false words, and get behind me.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It is not God's fault that He is fellowship with other parts of Himself! God and the His Son are One as with the Holy Spirit. We are also made up of 3 parts...spirit soul and body.

Jesus Christ is the image of God...the body part...The Father is the soul part. And the Spirit is..well I'll let you figure that one out! :)

All elements also have three forms...The solid, liquid, and gas.

domenic

Apr 5, 2013
Episkopos said:
It is not God's fault that He is fellowship with other parts of Himself! God and the His Son are One as with the Holy Spirit. We are also made up of 3 parts...spirit soul and body.

Jesus Christ is the image of God...the body part...The Father is the soul part. And the Spirit is..well I'll let you figure that one out! :)

All elements also have three forms...The solid, liquid, and gas.
The soul is the body.(flesh and bone.) The sprit is Gods acting force. Anything else is nothing but double talk of those who have no understanding of the Bible.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
domenic said:
The soul is the body.(flesh and bone.) The sprit is Gods acting force. Anything else is nothing but double talk of those who have no understanding of the Bible.

Acting force on what? We have a radio type receiver in our spirits that God's Spirit interacts with when it is tuned only on Him. Do you think we are without direct communication with God?

domenic

Apr 5, 2013
Episkopos said:
Acting force on what? We have a radio type receiver in our spirits that God's Spirit interacts with when it is tuned only on Him. Do you think we are without direct communication with God?
Without Gods acting force we would not have life. And no, we do not have direct communication with God...we must pray through his son Jesus.
You should have a Bible study my friend. Form reading your post around the forum, you need one.

HeRoseFromTheDead

Not So Advanced Member
Jan 6, 2012
domenic said:
Without Gods acting force we would not have life. And no, we do not have direct communication with God...we must pray through his son Jesus.
You should have a Bible study my friend. Form reading your post around the forum, you need one.
On that day you will ask in my name, and I do not say to you that I will ask the Father on your behalf. For the Father himself loves you, because you have loved me and have believed that I came from God. John 16:26-27

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
domenic said:

But do you have any REAL communication? Never mind the proper etiquette. Never mind the bible concepts.