Pull out the weeds so that the flowers can bloom!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Faithbuilders

May 16, 2017
Earth
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
We are heading for a time a revival; and ALL revival starts in the house of God! God has been talking to me about cleaning my spiritual house: and in obedience to God I got rid of all movies that have magic, horror, or is based on perversion! My favorite genre of movies is fantasy... they almost all have magic, and sorcery.... So, I removed a lot of my favorite movies.

The weeds need to be pulled out by the roots, and often that hurts. But if you don't, the flowers will never bloom!

Spiritual cleaning ALWAYS starts from the top, and works its way down.... You can never expect your children to do something that you are not willing to do first! So, as the head of the home, I cleaned in obedience to the Spirit of God; (some movies I did not think were that bad, but the Holy Spirit did not let me move on until I got rid of it: including one my my favorite Chuck Norris movies.) Then I talked with my children about it!

I feel, very strongly, that this is not just for me: I just needed to do it before I could talk to anyone else about doing it. I feel, that this clean-up and clean-out time is for the WHOLE church! For me it was movies, for someone else it might be books, or social media, or even video games. Listen to the prompts of the Holy Spirit!

Church, let us start project gardening! And let the revival begin...

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are heading for a time a revival; and ALL revival starts in the house of God! God has been talking to me about cleaning my spiritual house: and in obedience to God I got rid of all movies that have magic, horror, or is based on perversion! My favorite genre of movies is fantasy... they almost all have magic, and sorcery.... So, I removed a lot of my favorite movies.

The weeds need to be pulled out by the roots, and often that hurts. But if you don't, the flowers will never bloom!

Spiritual cleaning ALWAYS starts from the top, and works its way down.... You can never expect your children to do something that you are not willing to do first! So, as the head of the home, I cleaned in obedience to the Spirit of God; (some movies I did not think were that bad, but the Holy Spirit did not let me move on until I got rid of it: including one my my favorite Chuck Norris movies.) Then I talked with my children about it!

I feel, very strongly, that this is not just for me: I just needed to do it before I could talk to anyone else about doing it. I feel, that this clean-up and clean-out time is for the WHOLE church! For me it was movies, for someone else it might be books, or social media, or even video games. Listen to the prompts of the Holy Spirit!

Praise God, good word....excellent advice and I love your obedience to His voice.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Agreed. I love this analogy.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Weeds choke out the Word of God in our minds and spirits.

It is exciting to be dirt
God breathed life into dust

The Word of God is seed
The seed is planted in the soil of our hearts

Wayside, hard ground, thorny ground, good ground

Which are you? Which am I?

We are but dust, so we need to guard the Word in our hearts

And still dust shatters and breaks.
God heals the brokenhearted
The shattered and the torn
He patiently waits
The Word brings about harvest when cultivated
Only seed can bring about harvest from plain dirt

Reactions: Heart2Soul

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I understand how obedience to the Spirit's leading can be very fruitful. When this same type of period of my life happened in the 1980's, I even destroyed a famous artist's original oil painting worth thousands of dollars. But God's voice is worth more to me. By not obeying God's voice, that would result in essentially quenching God's voice for the future and could become a habit that could lead to death.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I understand how obedience to the Spirit's leading can be very fruitful. When this same type of period of my life happened in the 1980's, I even destroyed a famous artist's original oil painting worth thousands of dollars. But God's voice is worth more to me. By not obeying God's voice, that is essentially quenching God's voice for the future and could become a habit that could lead to death.
I threw away my grandfather's Mason Bible...it had a lot of historical information about freemasonry and its origin...when I learned that freemason was a type of satanic cult I had to throw it away.
My grandfather was a Mason in name only...he never participated in their meetings...but all members were local business owners.

Reactions: Faithbuilders

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America

The Word of God is seed

He patiently waits
@Mayflower The Parable of the Sower is always searching, right? :)

Reactions: Mayflower

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America

The Word of God is seed

He patiently waits
@Mayflower Reminds me of the Parable of the Sower...