Purpose of this site

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
What is the purpose of this and any other Christian site ?

I see hatred from most anyone who don't agree with what you do. Should we not be helping one another ,don't we all love Christ?

So my question remains ,what's the purpose ?

Argue or edify ,I know what it's suppose to be .

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand

I see hatred from most anyone who don't agree with what you do. Should we not be helping one another ,don't we all love Christ?

The purpose of a site like this is to provide fellowship, comfort, exhortation and edification for Christian believers, and a platform for those seeking to know how to get saved.

The vast majority of contributors know that this is the purpose of the forum. Debate and disagreement, even if they become heated, are not hatred.

Nasty and hating posts can be reported and removed.

We must all remember not to take things personally and not allow ourselves to become defensive when someone disagrees with our opinion. I am quite an opinionated person, and therefore clash swords with others on a regular basis. I may be a bit like the character on Pilgrims Progress called "Valiant for Truth", with the bloody sword, and battle scars.

Also, I use the forums I associate with as a platform for ministry, and have had many productive exchanges as a result.

A forum is like a motor car. It all depends on how one uses it. Like a motor car, some can use it irresponsibly, causing damage to others.

Marc RL Ministry

May 28, 2021
Melbourne
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Iron sharpens Iron and the blind lead the blind into the ditch it serves it purpose specially during times of covid. We can have different views the trick is to observe who is seeking and who is seeking to deceive I have already worked that out in less than a week.

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Iron sharpens Iron and the blind lead the blind into the ditch it serves it purpose specially during times of covid. We can have different views the trick is to observe who is seeking and who is seeking to deceive I have already worked that out in less than a week.
The bottom line with being involved in forums, is not how others use it, but how we use it ourselves.

As in the case of motor cars: We know that there are idiots on the road creating danger for other motorists, but if we are not being idiots on the road, we can keep ourselves safe by being a responsible motorist.

Marc RL Ministry

May 28, 2021
Melbourne
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The bottom line with being involved in forums, is not how others use it, but how we use it ourselves.

As in the case of motor cars: We know that there are idiots on the road creating danger for other motorists, but if we are not being idiots on the road, we can keep ourselves safe by being a responsible motorist.

Amen we are to be gentle, humble and help those deceived because there is a times will all be wrong in some way and need a hand its not about being right or arguing over things, there is only One who is right and his names is Jesus Christ anything outside of his doctrine is a dangerous road.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I think for the most part folk are not aware of themselves peddling a deception because they probably believe what they are saying. This stuff is subtle otherwise it wouldn't be deception.

Pathfinder7

Mar 8, 2020
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am on several Christian Forums.
---
Some people want to get into..unnecessary arguments.
- & to continue..even though discussion is over.
---
More spiritual discernment & wisdom are needed..when you are on Christian Forum.

Reactions: dev553344 and marks

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think for the most part folk are not aware of themselves peddling a deception because they probably believe what they are saying. This stuff is subtle otherwise it wouldn't be deception.
I believe at some time or another you said you are a mechanic. In your opinion does iron sharpen iron?

Reactions: Pisteuo

tsr

Feb 2, 2021
04/20/47
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To love, learn, seek, meditation, fear and humble ourselves before God!

Purpose: important to divide humans talents and divine purpose. Although I think the can work together in us.
I believe lies in the basic and strong foundations of God in us.
For example study who we really are in Him the gifts that He gave!
Our purpose lies in who we are individually in Him (Jesus)
And then secondly we are given talents that needs to be developed in relation to the spiritual gifts.
A combination of them will be both spiritual and physical and practical progressive. (I believe)
Think it fits with the Bible pretty good..

Some are very spiritual, some are very intelligent.. and so I believe at least some of the answer to our purpose in action comes from building spirit, soul and body in harmony and always progress..

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Where you see no light, Shine yours. Where you can't see a blessing, Be a blessing. I have slowly started figuring out that maybe I don't log on here for me anymore.
Do you mean literally log on, or visit.
I don't log on because I am set to stay logged on.
Best to pick and choose which threads and users to respond to, just like offline fellowships.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

If it were my site , there would be but two purposes , well really one .
To build up the church , by always reminding them of every promise , every warning , every Word of GOD .
Which includes correction , rebuke , encouraging and etc .
For this purpose . To always prepare us to withstand the evil and to win souls at all costs .
The purpose of the church is to build up , but that does include correction and it includes not only reminding them of the promises
but also the warnings .
Not only reminding them to behold the goodness of God but also the severity . Teaching folks ALL things
that JESUS did teach and later the apostels would teach . Staying in those bibles daily and continuously .

Reactions: tsr and Pisteuo

Pisteuo

Jul 31, 2017
Ozarks
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you mean literally log on, or visit.
I don't log on because I am set to stay logged on.
Best to pick and choose which threads and users to respond to, just like offline fellowships.
You are right, I stay logged on as well. I just usually visit everyday. Searching through threads looking for nuggets. Makes me a miner I suppose.

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
You are right, I stay logged on as well. I just usually visit everyday. Searching through threads looking for nuggets. Makes me a miner I suppose.
Better a miner than a lurker, or a flitter (someone who joins a forum, gets welcomed, and flits away never to be seen again).