"Pushing the Homosexual Agenda"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think that's behind much of the over-the-top hatred. They're worried that as they become the minority, they might be treated as poorly as they treated others.

And I think they know it will be Just according to their black and white worldview so they are always trying to turn back the clock.

I really think the years between 1950 until Kennedy was murdered are remember as the height of white civilization and revered and constantly being recreates in the minds of conservatives who believe they deserve to live in that world forever

Last edited:
Reactions: bbyrd009

Avalon1

Jun 2, 2020
NA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This past weekend, Disney/Pixar released a nine-minute short film titled "Out", which is about a young man's struggles with coming out to his parents as gay. It's the first Disney/Pixar film that centers on being gay, with a gay main character.

As expected, Christian groups are upset. That by itself is no big deal. The proper reaction to them being upset over the film is "So?" However, it's what they claim to be upset about that's concerning. A good example is the Christian news site LifeSiteNews, where they refer to the inclusion of LGBTQ characters and actors as "promotion of the LGBT agenda". Ken Ham of AnswersinGenesis said Disney "continues to push the LGBTQ agenda on kids" in a tweet.

The only thing I can take away from those reactions is that conservative Christians believe merely acknowledging the existence of LGBTQs by including them in movies is "pushing their agenda". That leads to an obvious set of questions.

How exactly do they think this works? Do they think that otherwise straight kids will see LGBTQ characters in movies and suddenly decide to be gay?

If it works that way, does it work in reverse, where a gay person seeing a heterosexual character will make them turn straight?

Would these Christian groups prefer to make inclusion of LGBTQ characters and actors illegal?

Do LGBTQs have the same rights to be in movies, TV shows, and other media as heterosexuals?

The whole thing kind of reminds me of this meme....

728172a4d0a1db54c9957033835a371b3748601d5c568d30d5a36923c6561bab.jpg

Why do they want to shove LGBT down our throats?

Agenda - Merriam-Webster definition:

An underlying often ideological plan or program
// a political agenda

Justadude

Feb 25, 2020
Colorado
Faith
Agnostic
Country
United States
And I think they know it will be just according to their black and white worldview so they are always trying to turn back the clock.
That's religious conservatism. They've opposed every bit of significant progress on social issues.

I really think the years between 1950 until Kennedy was murdered are remember as the height of white civilization and revered and constantly being recreates in the minds of conservatives who believe they deserve to live in that world forever
For sure. The "Golden Years" when every white family was like Leave it to Beaver, blacks weren't all uppity and were segregated, gays knew to stay hidden, women who dared venture into the workplace were objectified and harassed.....

Justadude

Feb 25, 2020
Colorado
Faith
Agnostic
Country
United States

// a political agenda
Paging Dr. Freud.....:rolleyes:

So I guess you're of the belief that gays should be banned from public life?

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Then live by your own religious rules and don't try and push them on everyone else.

Yet Christian groups haven't been working to ban adoptions or stop infertile couples from marrying. It's only when gays are involved that you object, which is very telling.

Talking about pushing. They tried to push the LGBTQ education into Christian schools, after SSM was legalized, but that push failed.

And even if a kid is up for a adoption they still deserve a mum and a dad, that's what a family is made of mum, dad, kid(s).

Justadude

Feb 25, 2020
Colorado
Faith
Agnostic
Country
United States
Talking about pushing. They tried to push the LGBTQ education into Christian schools, after SSM was legalized, but that push failed.
I agree that private religious schools should be free to set their own curricula.

And even if a kid is up for a adoption they still deserve a mum and a dad, that's what a family is made of mum, dad, kid(s).
What constitutes a "family" has varied greatly throughout human history, so you trying to lock it into a single narrow framework isn't going to work.

Avalon1

Jun 2, 2020
NA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This movie "Out" is nothing but propaganda to brainwash children by the leftests, I hope everyone boycotts this movie and it flops at the box office.

Reactions: Candidus

Justadude

Feb 25, 2020
Colorado
Faith
Agnostic
Country
United States
This movie "Out" is nothing but propaganda to brainwash children by the leftests, I hope everyone boycotts this movie and it flops at the box office.
picard-meme-facepalm.jpg

It's not a movie nor is it in theaters (it's a short film available on Disney's streaming service).

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's religious conservatism. They've opposed every bit of significant progress on social issues.

For sure. The "Golden Years" when every white family was like Leave it to Beaver, blacks weren't all uppity and were segregated, gays knew to stay hidden, women who dared venture into the workplace were objectified and harassed.....

My mom is part of the silent generation and she feels offended and attacked when people of color or lgbt people have a voice - they should be seen and not heard, according to her

and she is just a wasp not conservative Christian

Justadude

Feb 25, 2020
Colorado
Faith
Agnostic
Country
United States
My mom is part of the silent generation and she feels offended and attacked when people of color or lgbt people have a voice - they should be seen and not heard, according to her
Does she also say "I'm not a racist"? I ask because both my parents are like that. They always told me and my brothers that if we ever dated a black woman they'd disown us, and when I'd have friends over to play basketball they'd ask "Why do you have so many black friends", but in their minds they weren't racist. I think they told themselves that they didn't actually hate blacks, so therefore they couldn't be racist.

Whatever it is, it puts truth to the saying that change doesn't happen as a result of changing minds, but instead comes from changing generations.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands

// a political agenda
bc our mommies and daddies wouldnt let them even visit each other in their hospitals, and all but spit on them in the street. is why

so see, hard to see, but see, "Christians" made this mess, with their "clean outside of the cup" philosophies, and their condemnation of others when it isnt even any of their business. So now evabody has a gay relative or a close peer who does, bc (expletive deleted) you :)
see how that works? Thats Yah, workin i guess

Last edited:

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

// a political agenda

No one is shoving any agenda down your throat. Apparently, you are Projecting because Conservative Christians seems to believe they have the right to set the rules for our culture and our political landscape.

You are just hearing their voices rather than in the old days when they "knew their place". Sorry, we can no longer pretend that LGBT don't exist.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does she also say "I'm not a racist"? I ask because both my parents are like that. They always told me and my brothers that if we ever dated a black woman they'd disown us, and when I'd have friends over to play basketball they'd ask "Why do you have so many black friends", but in their minds they weren't racist. I think they told themselves that they didn't actually hate blacks, so therefore they couldn't be racist.

Whatever it is, it puts truth to the saying that change doesn't happen as a result of changing minds, but instead comes from changing generations.

Yep!

They even go farther and blame black people for making them engage in racist behavior - it reminds me of when a parent yells "Don't MAKE me come up there!"

If they only knew their place......then the White Privilege Class will not be exposed....and when they are exposed, their targets deserve everything they get.

About time we Get Off Their Neck

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry, we can no longer pretend that LGBT don't exist.
i don't think any one is pretending it doesn't. i have no issue them in the work force provided they can do there job . as Christians we cant condone it. not brow eat them . we work with drug addicts/ alcoholics with guys and women who slank around with a different partner all the time . i work with a woman who is lesbian were friends ..but she also knows where i stand . transvestites they have mental issues then again i have never been around any that i know of. but they like any can be saved and that we must focus on

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Conservative Christians seems to believe they have the right to set the rules for our culture and our political landscape.
Actually they do. The United States was founded on conservative biblical principles. And sexual perversion is STRONGLY CONDEMNED in the Bible. Indeed sodomy was a felony until recently, and should have remained as such. In Islamic countries, they reserve the death penalty for homosexuality. Afghanistan, Iran, Mauritania, Nigeria, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, United Arab Emirates and Yemen, all have the death penalty.

There is no need to promote the homosexual agenda in America. It is only because the perverts have become stridently vocal that the politicians and judges have simply buckled under to their demands. And now they want to change the straight culture into the degenerate culture.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Actually they do. The United States was founded on conservative biblical principles. And sexual perversion is STRONGLY CONDEMNED in the Bible. Indeed sodomy was a felony until recently, and should have remained as such. In Islamic countries, they reserve the death penalty for homosexuality. Afghanistan, Iran, Mauritania, Nigeria, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, United Arab Emirates and Yemen, all have the death penalty.

There is no need to promote the homosexual agenda in America. It is only because the perverts have become stridently vocal that the politicians and judges have simply buckled under to their demands. And now they want to change the straight culture into the degenerate culture.

In Australia a majority of citizens voted for same-sex marriage in a plebiscite. The majority had their say. If the government was to reverse it they would have to ask the citizens of Australia again, and would need a majority vote against SSM to reverse it.

Even though I do not agree with SSM.

My point being is 60% of voters got what they voted for. And if that's the majority of Aussie citizens votes, then that's the majority.

That's what happens in a representative democracy.

And

I do not agree with the death penalty, as you would know though, and while sexual sin is Biblically wrong, Jesus did not approve of the stoning of the woman caught in the act of adultery in the NT.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
There is no need to promote the homosexual agenda in America.
Now the Supreme Court of the USA is promoting the trans-sexual agenda also, which is basically an ATTACK ON THE CONSTITUTION according to two dissenting conservative justices. Everyone should read the full articles since it goes into considerable detail.

On Monday, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that discrimination on the basis of sex includes discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation and gender identity in the case of Bostock v. Clayton County (2020). In a powerful dissent joined by Justice Clarence Thomas, Justice Samuel Alito condemned the ruling as “preposterous” and betraying “breathtaking” arrogance.

He noted that Congress has tried and repeatedly failed to amend Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 in just this fashion and that no one interpreted the law this way until 2017. In this decision, as in Roe v. Wade (1973) and Obergefell v. Hodges (2015), the Supreme Court usurped the power of Congress by creating “legislation.”

Perhaps most importantly, however, Alito warns that the decision will have wide-ranging destructive impacts on key freedoms Americans hold dear, and he predicts that “the entire Federal Judiciary will be mired for years in disputes about the reach of the Court’s reasoning.”

“As the briefing in these cases has warned, the position that the Court now adopts will threaten freedom of religion, freedom of speech, and personal privacy and safety. No one should think that the Court’s decision represents an unalloyed victory for individual liberty,” Alito warns. His dissent lays out seven different realms of American life that will be affected by this ruling...

Alito: Court's 'Preposterous' Trans Ruling Threatens Religion, Speech, Privacy, and Safety

The Supreme Court (the liberal justices) recently attacked freedom of religion when they rule that the state has the right to determine how Christians can gather for worship.

All freedom-loving people should note that the liberal judges are siding with the lawless and the anarchists now. This signals the end of America (and the free world).

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i don't think any one is pretending it doesn't. i have no issue them in the work force provided they can do there job . as Christians we cant condone it. not brow eat them . we work with drug addicts/ alcoholics with guys and women who slank around with a different partner all the time . i work with a woman who is lesbian were friends ..but she also knows where i stand . transvestites they have mental issues then again i have never been around any that i know of. but they like any can be saved and that we must focus on

But....do these people consider you a friend? Because i couldn't be friends with someone who believes I am going to Hell and tells me so. I really look for people who actually like me, and value who I am. Also, i am a person, not someone's personal mission field

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

i read the first sentence of your post and realized immediately that your desperate need for a history lesson supersede our conversation. happy reading!

Status
Not open for further replies.