QUESTION 1 for YOU - IF YOU BELIEVE JESUS is GOD

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
Floyd said:
Madad, your right; context is critical; the way Purity works (and Satan) is to take out of context, and twist to suit his meanings!

[SIZE=24pt]The words of Miles Coverdale eventually gives the start of enlightenment regarding context:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=24pt]"It will greatly help understanding of Scripture to see what is spoken or written, by whom, to whom, with what words, at what time, where, to what intent, with what circumstances, considering what goes before and what follows." [/SIZE]
[SIZE=24pt]He was supremely qualified to make such comment, having translated from the Latin (Jerome,) to the English. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=24pt]Floyd.[/SIZE]
Dude is that Floyd as in Pink Floyd?

Shine on you crazy diamond!!!

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
No Madad; I'm not in to Rock!

It's a "screen name" based on someone I know in Australia.

I do hope that we get "jewels" from the Word!

Floyd.

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
Floyd said:
No Madad; I'm not in to Rock!

It's a "screen name" based on someone I know in Australia.

I do hope that we get "jewels" from the Word!

Floyd.
Thats right mate, pearls of wisdom B)

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
Floyd said:
We have "that Pearl of great price"; i.e. Christ Jesus!
Praise Him!
Floyd.
AMEN!!!!
I'll catch you later Floyd I got an assignment to get done, blessings to you from Brisbane Australia

Pelaides

Jul 30, 2012
StanJ said:
A lot more than 4, but then you have to be able to see that. Sounds like you are willing to throw away these 4 verses rather than find out how they fit with all the other verses you assert support your belief. Jesus was ALL man and ALL God, hence His hypostatic nature. Are you also willing to disregard the following verse? I have many others I can supply you as well that will show God's triune nature.

[SIZE=9.5pt]Is 9:6[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.[/SIZE]
And he will be called God,It does not say he was God.

Isaiah 53:10 "Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him:he hath put him to grief:when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin,he shall see his seed ,he shall prolong his days,and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand."

In this verse it is clear their are 2 different beings,The Lord is God,But the individual that is being put to grief is Jesus.Now can anyone arrive at the conclusion that the 2 beings in this verse are the same?Why would God sacrifice himself to himself?

shturt678

Feb 9, 2013
South Point, Hawaii (Big Island)
Floyd said:
[QUOTEWe have "that Pearl of great price"; i.e. Christ Jesus!
Praise Him!
Floyd.

[/QUOTE]Thank you for caring!

Probably the closest we'll ever get agreeing to agree, that is, the Godman Lord Christ Jesus and His salvation His 'way.'

Where we will have to still agree to disagree is that I strongly feel Matt.13:44 with vs. 45, 46 unveils how the Kingdom of Christ is acquired, that is, how one secures ownership.

Old trying to agree Jack

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Purity said:
Unitarian will suffice for now.

Whatever I am, the Scripture is being held up by the Father as a testimony against Constantine's religion.
That's a given, but if you're uncomfortable with identifying your denom I understand. You probably don't want to be labeled by your denoms SOF.

I hate to break it to you but the understanding of God's triune nature existed way before Constantine made Christianity a state religion, which it was never supposed to be.

Pelaides said:
And he will be called God,It does not say he was God.

Isaiah 53:10 "Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him:he hath put him to grief:when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin,he shall see his seed ,he shall prolong his days,and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand."

In this verse it is clear their are 2 different beings,The Lord is God,But the individual that is being put to grief is Jesus.Now can anyone arrive at the conclusion that the 2 beings in this verse are the same?Why would God sacrifice himself to himself?
Yes, because He IS. That's a pretty weak response.

So by deflecting attention to another verse do you think we will forget what Isaiah 9:6 does teach?

That's right, but it doesn't change WHO Jesus is. Isaiah 53 is a prophetic description of Jesus and His suffering. Isaiah already prophesied WHO Jesus was. Unless you think there is a contradiction between these two chapters then you have to accept what they are both saying and try not to eisegete them.

To use your rational, why would God bruise/crush His own Son. What you fail to recognize if the beauty of God's plan of salvation. Man screwed up but God made sure He would fix it, and He did. It was the ONLY way He could appease His own laws and His own justice, by doing it Himself.

Purity

May 20, 2013
Melbourne
That's a given, but if you're uncomfortable with identifying your denom I understand. You probably don't want to be labeled by your denoms SOF.

I hate to break it to you but the understanding of God's triune nature existed way before Constantine made Christianity a state religion, which it was never supposed to be
Yes I know but it was he who made it wholesale ;)

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
Purity said:
Yes I know but it was he who made it wholesale ;)
You haven't answered my questions yet?

Purity, on 24 May 2014 - 01:04 AM, said:
Purity said:
If only you had 39 books to support your notions but you haven't one.
I only need one; The Bible!

It states clearly that God is Father, Son, and Holy Spirit; which is where your apostasy is!
Watching your weasel words is like reading Gen..and Satan's words to Eve; "surely thou shalt not die"!
Ahh. but of course; you don't believe in Satan do you?
That means he never tempted Eve!
That means in your "theology" God introduced temptation and evil!???
That of course would not hold water! So where now your theology?

You say you "praise God regularly"; that means (if you tell the truth), that you "worship in spirit and in truth ( Jhn.4:23-24), unless the "one" you worship, is one of those that Jesus warned would be evident (false Christ's).
You said in an earlier post that you treat the Holy Spirit in the same way as Christ Jesus; ie deny their Deity!
In that case; you cannot "worship in spirit and in truth"; as "God is Spirit"!???
Floyd.

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Purity said:
No Stan, few have ears for the still small voice.
No what?
No God can't do what He says in Is. 55:11 or no He doesn't.
What scripture are you referring to that states "few have ears to hear the still small voice"? That just sounds just like dogma speak to me.

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
What about this small voice?

Purity said:

It states clearly that God is Father, Son, and Holy Spirit; which is where your apostasy is!
Watching your weasel words is like reading Gen..and Satan's words to Eve; "surely thou shalt not die"!

You say you "praise God regularly"; that means (if you tell the truth), that you "worship in spirit and in truth ( Jhn.4:23-24), unless the "one" you worship, is one of those that Jesus warned would be evident (false Christ's).
You said in an earlier post that you treat the Holy Spirit in the same way as Christ Jesus; ie deny their Deity!
In that case; you cannot "worship in spirit and in truth"; as "God is Spirit"!???
Floyd.

Purity

May 20, 2013
Melbourne
No what?
No God can't do what He says in Is. 55:11 or no He doesn't.
What scripture are you referring to that states "few have ears to hear the still small voice"? That just sounds just like dogma speak to me.
Dear Stan, you quoted Isa 55:11 yeah?

Israel's problem has always been established in doctrinal idolatry yeah?

Christendom's problem has always been established in doctrinal idolatry yeah?

They did not do Isa 55:3 as commended from the beginning

Therefore the missed the Holy One of Israel in Isa 55:4 who was their witness and commander.

Isa 55:5 has happened though they also cannot do Isa 55:3

Isa 55:6 is drawing to an end because of the noise of false doctrine has drowned out Yahweh's still small voice... 1 Kings 19:12

So Isa 55:7 applies

Ultimately Isa 55:8 must be acknowledge by us all - though some have thoughts higher than others.

Plenty of rain but the ground is impervious to the seed taking root so the Lords parable is in force.

Final judgement is found in Heb 6:7,8,9

P.

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
What about this small voice?

Purity said:

Floyd.

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Purity said:
Dear Stan, you quoted Isa 55:11 yeah?

Israel's problem has always been established in doctrinal idolatry yeah?

Christendom's problem has always been established in doctrinal idolatry yeah?

They did not do Isa 55:3 as commended from the beginning

Therefore the missed the Holy One of Israel in Isa 55:4 who was their witness and commander.

Isa 55:5 has happened though they also cannot do Isa 55:3

Isa 55:6 is drawing to an end because of the noise of false doctrine has drowned out Yahweh's still small voice... 1 Kings 19:12

So Isa 55:7 applies

Ultimately Isa 55:8 must be acknowledge by us all - though some have thoughts higher than others.

Plenty of rain but the ground is impervious to the seed taking root so the Lords parable is in force.

Final judgement is found in Heb 6:7,8,9

P.
Yes

Irrelevant

No

Irrelevant

Irrelevant

Irrelevant

1 Kings 19:12 reads; After the earthquake a fire, but the Lord was not in the fire; and after the fire a sound of a gentle blowing.

Not in relation to what we were discussing.

Of course ALL God's word must be acknowledged, but in context. Is 55:11 is a single statement that CAN and IS used on it's own.

v10 is the natural comparative to God's spiritual law about His Word, but again you make no relevant response to v11.

Heb 6:4-10 is about apostasy, so yes relevant if you at one time did believe that Jesus is God. It doesn't apply to you if you have never been enlightened as to the gift of God.

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
StanJ said:
Yes

Irrelevant

No

Irrelevant

Irrelevant

Irrelevant

1 Kings 19:12 reads; After the earthquake a fire, but the Lord was not in the fire; and after the fire a sound of a gentle blowing.

Not in relation to what we were discussing.

Of course ALL God's word must be acknowledged, but in context. Is 55:11 is a single statement that CAN and IS used on it's own.

v10 is the natural comparative to God's spiritual law about His Word, but again you make no relevant response to v11.

Heb 6:4-10 is about apostasy, so yes relevant if you at one time did believe that Jesus is God. It doesn't apply to you if you have never been enlightened as to the gift of God.
All this is the single biggest give away.
I am yet to find these guys any other way stan, always dodging context and constantly side stepping in to other subjects.

To me its like looking at a painting of a mountain on a river thats been hung upside down. I want to say to the person thats not the sky thats the water but all they want to talk about is the detail in the frame, the string attached to the frame and the nail that holds it, even the wall its hung on. But when we finally get them to look at the painting they just start talking about the frame again.

And this is why I wont get a proper response to 1 Peter 1:20 here http://www.christianityboard.com/topic/20103-question-1-for-you-if-you-believe-jesus-is-god/page-13 post number 379

because he has no point if he looks at it in its context.

Pelaides

Jul 30, 2012
StanJ said:

I hate to break it to you but the understanding of God's triune nature existed way before Constantine made Christianity a state religion, which it was never supposed to be.

Yes, because He IS. That's a pretty weak response.

So by deflecting attention to another verse do you think we will forget what Isaiah 9:6 does teach?

That's right, but it doesn't change WHO Jesus is. Isaiah 53 is a prophetic description of Jesus and His suffering. Isaiah already prophesied WHO Jesus was. Unless you think there is a contradiction between these two chapters then you have to accept what they are both saying and try not to eisegete them.

To use your rational, why would God bruise/crush His own Son. What you fail to recognize if the beauty of God's plan of salvation. Man screwed up but God made sure He would fix it, and He did. It was the ONLY way He could appease His own laws and His own justice, by doing it Himself.
The early Christians did not say Jesus was God,evidence was found in the catcombs and caves they lived in during the persecutions.

So your trying to say God commited suicide?he sacrificed himself to himself?

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
Madad21 said:
All this is the single biggest give away.
I am yet to find these guys any other way stan, always dodging context and constantly side stepping in to other subjects.

To me its like looking at a painting of a mountain on a river thats been hung upside down. I want to say to the person thats not the sky thats the water but all they want to talk about is the detail in the frame, the string attached to the frame and the nail that holds it, even the wall its hung on. But when we finally get them to look at the painting they just start talking about the frame again.

And this is why I wont get a proper response to 1 Peter 1:20 here http://www.christianityboard.com/topic/20103-question-1-for-you-if-you-believe-jesus-is-god/page-13 post number 379

because he has no point if he looks at it in its context.
That's because satan is in the details..........................all the time -_-