QUESTION 1 for YOU - IF YOU BELIEVE JESUS is GOD

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
Purity, on 24 May 2014 - 01:04 AM, said:
Purity said:
If only you had 39 books to support your notions but you haven't one.
I only need one; The Bible!

It states clearly that God is Father, Son, and Holy Spirit; which is where your apostasy is!
Watching your weasel words is like reading Gen..and Satan's words to Eve; "surely thou shalt not die"!
Ahh. but of course; you don't believe in Satan do you?
That means he never tempted Eve!
That means in your "theology" God introduced temptation and evil!???
That of course would not hold water! So where now your theology?

You say you "praise God regularly"; that means (if you tell the truth), that you "worship in spirit and in truth ( Jhn.4:23-24), unless the "one" you worship, is one of those that Jesus warned would be evident (false Christ's).
You said in an earlier post that you treat the Holy Spirit in the same way as Christ Jesus; ie deny their Deity!
In that case; you cannot "worship in spirit and in truth"; as "God is Spirit"!???
Floyd.

Purity

May 20, 2013
Melbourne
Irrelevant

Heb 6:4-10 is about apostasy, so yes relevant if you at one time did believe that Jesus is God. It doesn't apply to you if you have never been enlightened as to the gift of God.
You contradicted yourself.

You are saying the apostasy in Israel bares no comparison to the Christian apostasy you currently find yourself in?

How so?

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Pelaides said:
The early Christians did not say Jesus was God,evidence was found in the catcombs and caves they lived in during the persecutions.

So your trying to say God commited suicide?he sacrificed himself to himself?
So you don't believe Paul and Peter were early Christians? They both said Jesus was God as did Jesus Himself, but I'm sure you know the verses so I won't bother repeating what many people have probably already posted.

I said what I said, equivocating on it doesn't really help you. God GAVE His ONLY begotten Son to save the world. The mystery you fail to accept by faith so you would be able to understand. Faith comes first, and THEN the evidence.
Purity said:
You contradicted yourself.

You are saying the apostasy in Israel bares no comparison to the Christian apostasy you currently find yourself in?
Not at all.

I said Heb 6 speaks about apostate Christians, and as you deny that Jesus is our great God and Savior, then you are the apostate in question.

Hopefully I have made this point clear so that you don't have to prevaricate on it again.

Purity

May 20, 2013
Melbourne
So you don't believe Paul and Peter were early Christians? They both said Jesus was God as did Jesus Himself, but I'm sure you know the verses so I won't bother repeating what many people have probably already posted.

I said what I said, equivocating on it doesn't really help you. God GAVE His ONLY begotten Son to save the world. The mystery you fail to accept by faith so you would be able to understand. Faith comes first, and THEN the evidence.

Not at all.

I said Heb 6 speaks about apostate Christians, and as you deny that Jesus is our great God and Savior, then you are the apostate in question.

Hopefully I have made this point clear so that you don't have to prevaricate on it again.
No Stan - you made it clear the Jewish apostasy in your word was "irrelevant" stating that Isa 55 had nothing to do with apostate Christianity in the last days. Rather than being prideful why not accept two things which are fact.

1. Mainstream Judaism was apostate for 1000's of years.
2. Mainstream Christianity has been apostate for almost 2000 years.

I don't mind it if a man such as yourself backs himself into a corner because of a hardening of heart if it sends the message firmly home to all here.

I am particularly interested in hearing you say modern day Christianity is free from apostate doctrine - this would confirm my fears for you.

P.

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
From P.
I am particularly interested in hearing you say modern day Christianity is free from apostate doctrine - this would confirm my fears for you.

P.

How ironic; an apostate accusing a Christian of apostasy!

Please answer my questions on your teaching P.

Why do you refuse?

Purity said:
If only you had 39 books to support your notions but you haven't one.
I only need one; The Bible!

It states clearly that God is Father, Son, and Holy Spirit; which is where your apostasy is!
Watching your weasel words is like reading Gen..and Satan's words to Eve; "surely thou shalt not die"!
Ahh. but of course; you don't believe in Satan do you?
That means he never tempted Eve!
That means in your "theology" God introduced temptation and evil!???
That of course would not hold water! So where now your theology?

You say you "praise God regularly"; that means (if you tell the truth), that you "worship in spirit and in truth ( Jhn.4:23-24), unless the "one" you worship, is one of those that Jesus warned would be evident (false Christ's).
You said in an earlier post that you treat the Holy Spirit in the same way as Christ Jesus; ie deny their Deity!
In that case; you cannot "worship in spirit and in truth"; as "God is Spirit"!???
Floyd.

Pelaides

Jul 30, 2012
Matthew20;23 "And he said unto them,ye shall drink indeed of my cup,and be baptized with the baptism that i am baptized with:but to sit on my right hand,and on my left,is not mine to give,but it shall be given to them for whom it is prepared of my father."

So after reading a verse like this,there are still people out there insisting that Jesus is God.Totally ignoring everything Jesus says about himself and his father. :wacko:

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
Pelaides said:
Matthew20;23 "And he said unto them,ye shall drink indeed of my cup,and be baptized with the baptism that i am baptized with:but to sit on my right hand,and on my left,is not mine to give,but it shall be given to them for whom it is prepared of my father."

So after reading a verse like this,there are still people out there insisting that Jesus is God.Totally ignoring everything Jesus says about himself and his father. :wacko:
Thats because you still need milk buddy

I offered milk earleir here http://www.christianityboard.com/topic/20250-milk/

Its quick and simple, why dont you tell me what statements you dont agree with and why. :)

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Purity said:
No Stan - you made it clear the Jewish apostasy in your word was "irrelevant" stating that Isa 55 had nothing to do with apostate Christianity in the last days. Rather than being prideful why not accept two things which are fact.

1. Mainstream Judaism was apostate for 1000's of years.
2. Mainstream Christianity has been apostate for almost 2000 years.

I don't mind it if a man such as yourself backs himself into a corner because of a hardening of heart if it sends the message firmly home to all here.

P.
As many of your ilk do, you deliberately equivocate on points that are NOT relevant so I won't pursue them.

The issue at hand is NOT mainstream Judaism or apostasy from it, despite your best efforts to deflect it there. The issue is who God is. Try staying on track.

I'm not impressed on how you prevaricate and obfuscate on points made to you. I guess if you are going to be dishonest about who God is, nothing else is off limits.
I'm not sure who you think you are fooling, but it ISN'T me.

BTW, there are many apostates today that are described in Heb 6. I don't rightly know if you are one because I don't know if you are saved and IF your experience is of the people described in Heb 6:4-5?
Pelaides said:

Quoting a verse is NOT exegesis so if you expect that any here who KNOW what Jesus did say will think any different then you are a lot more obtuse than I gave you credit for.

Failing or refusing to see who Jesus was speaking as here, just confirms and demonstrates your lack of knowledge or personal relationship with our God and Savior.

John 10:30
"I and the Father are one.”
John 14:9-11
"Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? Don’t you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work. Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me"

Purity

May 20, 2013
Melbourne
As many of your ilk do, you deliberately equivocate on points that are NOT relevant so I won't pursue them.
Stan, getting you to acknowledge Christianities present trouble is the only way you can approach your current fasle teaching. If you believe the body is pure and free from fasle doctrine such as the Trinity and Devils etc how will you ever be subjective enough to learn what was once truth?

The issue at hand is NOT mainstream Judaism or apostasy from it, despite your best efforts to deflect it there. The issue is who God is. Try staying on track.
The comparison was used to demonstrate how Christs first coming was meet with erroneous teaching as will his second coming.

I am still amazed you hold fast you denial on this blatant Scrpitural teaching.

I'm not impressed on how you prevaricate and obfuscate on points made to you. I guess if you are going to be dishonest about who God is, nothing else is off limits.
I am not here to impress you Stan but to warn you of your shaky foundations.

BTW, there are many apostates today that are described in Heb 6. I don't rightly know if you are one because I don't know if you are saved and IF your experience is of the people described in Heb 6:4-5?
Well define how mainstream Christianity has become Apostate - we know it is - that is obvious!

Which of its current doctrines are false?

Surely you don't believe in the last days Unitarianism is going to sweep through Christianity thereby deceiving the whole lump?

The yeast happened almost 2000 years ago so all you need to do is acknowledge which your Christian beliefs is apostate?

I'm all ears.

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
Why do we have to be anything................HOGWASH, SILLY, MEANINGLESS ACTUALLY FUNNY :)
Jesus could care less what you are..............are they not all man made?

I myself............AM NOTHING..............I'm sure many here can attest to that :) Watch It! :angry:

Jesus only cares if you know Him or not..................

I'm a Baptist
I'm A Catholic
I'm A whatever..............

Who killed Jesus?.......yep the Pharisees........boy did they have it wrong.

It's the power....got it power.....power......power in the blood.

They will have a form of religion but deny its power....HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THEM!

You people offer us a 1963 Volkswagon with 1 cylinder working....
No thanks..........I'll keep my 2012 F-450 Diesel POWER STROKE...............Oooooorahhhhhhhh!

GOT POWER?

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
Purity said:
Stan, getting you to acknowledge Christianities present trouble is the only way you can approach your current fasle teaching. If you believe the body is pure and free from fasle doctrine such as the Trinity and Devils etc how will you ever be subjective enough to learn what was once truth?
Arrogance purity, and so you revert to strawman arguments. nice move

Purity

May 20, 2013
Melbourne
Arrogance purity, and so you revert to strawman arguments. nice move
Not so Mazda...regardless of what you or Stan believe we all know from the Apostles warning that Christendom will be apostate at the second coming of Christ - if you reject that claim and also reject admitting to the false doctrines then how can this be straw man arguments. Its fact - do I need to provide the records to prove it?

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
Purity said:
If you believe the body is pure and free from fasle doctrine such as the Trinity and Devils etc how will you ever be subjective enough to learn what was once truth?
Like I said arrogant

Strawman = Stan turn his back on Christ?, how about you read your Bible in context? we both know neither of these things are going to happen.

Dont worry about your records purity

I would argue scripture with you but lets face it you'll just end up walking away...again

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Purity said:

The comparison was used to demonstrate how Christs first coming was meet with erroneous teaching as will his second coming.

I am still amazed you hold fast you denial on this blatant Scrpitural teaching.

I am not here to impress you Stan but to warn you of your shaky foundations.

Well define how mainstream Christianity has become Apostate - we know it is - that is obvious!

Which of its current doctrines are false?

Surely you don't believe in the last days Unitarianism is going to sweep through Christianity thereby deceiving the whole lump?

The yeast happened almost 2000 years ago so all you need to do is acknowledge which your Christian beliefs is apostate?

I'm all ears.
I have no problem acknowledging issues in the BoC. I do it all the time, but on forums you do not have access to.
A false teacher is a false teacher regardless of how self-righteously they act. The fact that you and your ilk are in the very small minority in this world does not mean you have any special truth. It just means you have been deceived by the Father of lies. My responsibility is towards those who are NOT lost or apostate, and is the only reason I address you. If it was a one on one debate I would never bother.

If you actually offered any scriptures in your rhetoric it would be good so I could refute you but you don't so all I can do is say you are deceived.

This silly childish style of prevarication is typical of your ilk. Christians are NOT apostate. Only those that once were Christians are apostate. Those who have not accepted the Christ of the NT, have never been Christian so can't obviously be apostate. Those of course who at one time believed in the Good News of Jesus Christ and confessed Him as such and now deny who He IS, are indeed apostate. What is hard to figure out with prevaricators is whether that describes them or not, as they will never admit it.

The great apostasy will be caused by many things, but they ALL stem from the father of lies and the false teaching he has deceived some people with. His children KNOW who are deceived.

You may be all ears, but as you can't hear with them, they are pretty useless.
Purity said:
Not so Mazda...regardless of what you or Stan believe we all know from the Apostles warning that Christendom will be apostate at the second coming of Christ - if you reject that claim and also reject admitting to the false doctrines then how can this be straw man arguments. Its fact - do I need to provide the records to prove it?
It's not what we believe, it is the truth of God and His word. Christendom won't be apostate but there will be a lot that fall into apostasy. Equivocating on the word only shows you know what it means and your future.

Purity

May 20, 2013
Melbourne
The fact that you and your ilk are in the very small minority in this world does not mean you have any special truth.
All truth is special Stan its the lies I am interested in refuting.

Come back when you are honest and willing to accept Christianity's precarious position.

We would be on the same footing and able to speak openly about your falsehood.

Read up on the religious apostasy at the time of Christ - if you need any material let me know.

P.

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Purity said:
All truth is special Stan its the lies I am interested in refuting.

Come back when you are honest and willing to accept Christianity's precarious position.

We would be on the same footing and able to speak openly about your falsehood.

Read up on the religious apostasy at the time of Christ - if you need any material let me know.

P.
The TRUTH is Jesus Christ and Him crucified. The TRUTH is that Jesus Christ is our God and Savior. The TRUTH is that ELOHIM said "Let US make man in OUR image". As you deny all these truths, it's very apparent who's position is precarious.
But don't go away...there is always hope that God will be able to get through to you, providing you let Him.
I won't bother explaining apostasy to you again, it seems to elude your comprehension.

Purity

May 20, 2013
Melbourne
Stan, you don't know any different.

The Apostasy subject is difficult for one to objectively speak on especially if you are in the midst of it.

"come out from among them" takes on a new challenge for Christians in the last days.

I hope in your private conversations with those you have the respect of losing some ground too you would admit that Christianity is a terrible mess right now.

Those frog like spirits are having a field day throughout all the earth.

Their croaking is almost deafening.

P.

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
StanJ said:
I have no problem acknowledging issues in the BoC. I do it all the time, but on forums you do not have access to.
A false teacher is a false teacher regardless of how self-righteously they act. The fact that you and your ilk are in the very small minority in this world does not mean you have any special truth. It just means you have been deceived by the Father of lies. My responsibility is towards those who are NOT lost or apostate, and is the only reason I address you. If it was a one on one debate I would never bother.

If you actually offered any scriptures in your rhetoric it would be good so I could refute you but you don't so all I can do is say you are deceived.

This silly childish style of prevarication is typical of your ilk. Christians are NOT apostate. Only those that once were Christians are apostate. Those who have not accepted the Christ of the NT, have never been Christian so can't obviously be apostate. Those of course who at one time believed in the Good News of Jesus Christ and confessed Him as such and now deny who He IS, are indeed apostate. What is hard to figure out with prevaricators is whether that describes them or not, as they will never admit it.

The great apostasy will be caused by many things, but they ALL stem from the father of lies and the false teaching he has deceived some people with. His children KNOW who are deceived.

You may be all ears, but as you can't hear with them, they are pretty useless.

It's not what we believe, it is the truth of God and His word. Christendom won't be apostate but there will be a lot that fall into apostasy. Equivocating on the word only shows you know what it means and your future.
Good stuff Stan.
Floyd.

Pelaides

Jul 30, 2012
StanJ said:

Quoting a verse is NOT exegesis so if you expect that any here who KNOW what Jesus did say will think any different then you are a lot more obtuse than I gave you credit for.

Failing or refusing to see who Jesus was speaking as here, just confirms and demonstrates your lack of knowledge or personal relationship with our God and Savior.

John 10:30
"I and the Father are one.”
John 14:9-11
"Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? Don’t you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work. Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me"
Stan you just stepped in it again,by contradicting yourself.here is Jesus saying that God has authority over him,The very point i have been trying to make.
Madad21 said:

I offered milk earleir here http://www.christianityboard.com/topic/20250-milk/

Its quick and simple, why dont you tell me what statements you dont agree with and why. :)
I dont drink milk,because milk is for babies.Feed me the word of God.SOLA SCRIPTURA.

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
Madad21, on 02 Jun 2014 - 10:28 PM, said:
Madad21 said:

I offered milk earleir here http://www.christian...pic/20250-milk/

I dont drink milk,because milk is for babies.Feed me the word of God.SOLA SCRIPTURA.

Good, Scripture only!
But from your comments, you don't understand it?
Take a lesson from Stan.
Floyd.