QUESTION 1 for YOU - IF YOU BELIEVE JESUS is GOD

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pelaides

Jul 30, 2012
Madad21 said:

Okay, lets do this, why not.

Can you please give me the specific scriptures you are referencing in you above statement please Pelaides.
I need to know so I can see from which particular sources you are informing your reasoning.
Thank you
Revelations 4and5,and Daniel7:13,14
Tell me what you think about these two prophesies.
brakelite said:
As far as Pelaides is concerned, I really think its time to shake the dust from off your keyboards and stop casting your wisdom before he who has no desire nor love for truth. There is no soil there fit for sowing, it is poisoned with falsehood and lies. And when good sound reasoned arguments are met with nothing but obtuse and cryptic responses of no value or meaning, its time to take your leave.
If the word of God is falsehood and lies then what can i say about that.You write things with no scriptual backing.
RANDOR said:
Pelaides..................you got spunk...I'll give ya that.
All we are trying to tell ya is.................we drive a Mercedes............and you want to take that away and drive your 64 volkswagon which runs on 2 cylinders.
It will never happen.
We have found the fishin hole with all the trout.............but you want us to fish in the irrigation ditches behing the septic fields.

And just one more thing..............................you are being taught
We have been shown..............and shown by Christ Himself................and I mean that literally.
Soooooooooooooooooooooo....until you meet Christ yourself...............you will always think your volkswagon is the cream of the crop.
:)
Now.......................please tell us why what you have is better than what we have.
You are not seeling your product very well.

We are all ears................please tell us why we should follow you.

I've told you many many many many times what we have for you..............whatcha gotz for us?
The words of Jesus my friend,follow the words of Jesus not the false doctrines of men,Not the words of storefront preachers who just want your money.

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
Pelaides said:

If the word of God is falsehood and lies then what can i say about that.You write things with no scriptual backing.

The words of Jesus my friend,follow the words of Jesus not the false doctrines of men,Not the words of storefront preachers who just want your money.
Okeeee Dokeeee...........Jesus said you must be born again......so I followed His words...........and now I am :)
And I agree............after being born again.......I now have a discerning spirit which lets me know if a doctine is indeed false.
And also....since being born again..........I've been shown...........not taught..........by the master Himself....
But..................don't get me wrong............He also teachies me through others.
Praise His Name.
Hallelujah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Haaaaaaaaaaaaaa God is good. All the time.

I LOVE YOU JESUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love Jesus and Jesus loves Pelaides

Reactions: Pelaides

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
lforrest said:
Its a reference to Mark 16:18, which I believe relates to the casting out of demons. It is an example of something that seems foolish to those who think they don't exist, no meaning beyond that is intended.
No I'm pretty sure it has to do with actual snakes, as the story in Acts 28:2-4 demonstrates.
Pelaides said:
The words of Jesus my friend, follow the words of Jesus not the false doctrines of men,Not the words of storefront preachers who just want your money.
Well He should be your savior and joint heir, but as for His words, here are some.
Jesus said: I and the Father are one.
Jesus said: If you've seen me you've seen the Father.
Jesus said: If you knew me, you would know my Father also.
Jesus said: You shall worship the Lord your God, and serve Him only.
Jesus said: If you do not believe that I am He, you will indeed die in your sins.
Jesus said: You call me ‘Teacher’ and ‘Lord,’ and rightly so, for that is what I am.
Jesus said: Don’t you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work.

Then there is what God said in the OT through Isaiah;
Is 9:6
For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

Is 43:11-12
I, yes I, am the LORD, and apart from me there is no savior. I’ve revealed and saved and proclaimed, when there as no foreign god among you — and you are my witnesses,” declares the LORD.

Pelaides

Jul 30, 2012
RANDOR said:
Okeeee Dokeeee...........Jesus said you must be born again......so I followed His words...........and now I am :)
And I agree............after being born again.......I now have a discerning spirit which lets me know if a doctine is indeed false.
And also....since being born again..........I've been shown...........not taught..........by the master Himself....
But..................don't get me wrong............He also teachies me through others.
Praise His Name.
Hallelujah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Haaaaaaaaaaaaaa God is good. All the time.

I LOVE YOU JESUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love Jesus and Jesus loves Pelaides
I hope so. :rolleyes:

shturt678

Feb 9, 2013
South Point, Hawaii (Big Island)
Pelaides said:

Thank you for caring again!

Dan.7:13, 14's prophecy is down to my paygrade, ie, pictures both the 1st and 2nd Coming of the Godman Christ. Rev. 4 & 5 are still above my paygrade, ie, must have something to do with the throne vision of the Godman Christ.

Old Jack that agapes these easy ones.

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
Stan:
Well He should be your savior and joint heir, but as for His words, here are some.
Jesus said: I and the Father are one.
Jesus said: If you've seen me you've seen the Father.
Jesus said: If you knew me, you would know my Father also.
Jesus said: You shall worship the Lord your God, and serve Him only.
Jesus said: If you do not believe that I am He, you will indeed die in your sins.
Jesus said: You call me ‘Teacher’ and ‘Lord,’ and rightly so, for that is what I am.
Jesus said: Don’t you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work.

Then there is what God said in the OT through Isaiah;
Is 9:6
For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

Is 43:11-12
I, yes I, am the LORD, and apart from me there is no savior. I’ve revealed and saved and proclaimed, when there as no foreign god among you — and you are my witnesses,” declares the LORD.

Yes !
Floyd.

Pelaides

Jul 30, 2012
shturt678 said:
Thank you for caring again!

Dan.7:13, 14's prophecy is down to my paygrade, ie, pie is ctures both the 1st and 2nd Coming of the Godman Christ. Rev. 4 & 5 are still above my paygrade, ie, must have something to do with the throne vision of the Godman Christ.

Old Jack that agapes these easy ones.
Your friend madad was supposed to respond to this,but i guess he is to busy eating doritos.
I dont know what paygrademeans.
In the verse we see the Ancient of days(God)and the son of man(Jesus)two different beings.

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
Pelaides said:
Its probably best to concentrate on one at a time, lets see how we go with this, and then move on to Revelation.

Daniel 7:9
“As I looked,
“thrones were set in place,
and the Ancient of Days took his seat.
His clothing was as white as snow;
the hair of his head was white like wool.
His throne was flaming with fire,
and its wheels were all ablaze.

Here Daniel pictures the filth and final world empire, the kingdom of the Lord Jesus Christ, the description of “The Ancient of Days” resembles Christ mentioned below in Rev 1

Rev 1:12-16
And when I turned I saw seven golden lampstands, and among the lampstands was someone like a son of man, dressed in a robe reaching down to his feet and with a golden sash around his chest. The hair on his head was white like wool, as white as snow, and his eyes were like blazing fire. His feet were like bronze glowing in a furnace, and his voice was like the sound of rushing waters. In his right hand he held seven stars, and coming out of his mouth was a sharp, double-edged sword. His face was like the sun shining in all its brilliance.

However the description of “The Ancient of Days” is somewhat obscured in verse 13 by “One like the Son of Man” coming before “The Ancient of Days” which would read as if Christ was coming before himself

Daniel 7:13:14
“In my vision at night I looked, and there before me was one like a son of man, coming with the clouds of heaven. He approached the Ancient of Days and was led into his presence. He was given authority, glory and sovereign power; all nations and peoples of every language worshiped him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion that will not pass away, and his kingdom is one that will never be destroyed.

This is no happy consequence, but it is better to think of the “Ancient of Days” in this verse as God the Father and “The One like the Son of Man” as the Lord Jesus Christ (God the Son), coming before the Father to be invested with the Kingdom.

The Ancient of days is here depicted as Jesus in (Dan 7:9) and (Rev 1:13-14)
And God the Father in (Dan 7:13-14)

shturt678

Feb 9, 2013
Madad21 said:
Its probably best to concentrate on one at a time, lets see how we go with this, and then move on to Revelation.

“As I looked,

Here Daniel pictures the filth and final world empire, the kingdom of the Lord Jesus Christ, the description of “The Ancient of Days” resembles Christ mentioned below in Rev 1

And when I turned I saw seven golden lampstands, and among the lampstands was someone like a son of man, dressed in a robe reaching down to his feet and with a golden sash around his chest. The hair on his head was white like wool, as white as snow, and his eyes were like blazing fire. His feet were like bronze glowing in a furnace, and his voice was like the sound of rushing waters. In his right hand he held seven stars, and coming out of his mouth was a sharp, double-edged sword. His face was like the sun shining in all its brilliance.

However the description of “The Ancient of Days” is somewhat obscured in verse 13 by “One like the Son of Man” coming before “The Ancient of Days” which would read as if Christ was coming before himself

“In my vision at night I looked, and there before me was one like a son of man, coming with the clouds of heaven. He approached the Ancient of Days and was led into his presence. He was given authority, glory and sovereign power; all nations and peoples of every language worshiped him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion that will not pass away, and his kingdom is one that will never be destroyed.

This is no happy consequence, but it is better to think of the “Ancient of Days” in this verse as God the Father and “The One like the Son of Man” as the Lord Jesus Christ (God the Son), coming before the Father to be invested with the Kingdom.

Thank you my friend Pelaides for also caring with your previous posts!

The enclosed post of Madad21 is a good example of a higher paygrade than myself post for sure which I agree to agree with when I'm known to even agree to disagree with my Christians brothers.

Hate those higher paygrade posts, ie, makes me think too much - old age lazyiness thing. :)

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
shturt678 said:
Thank you my friend Pelaides for also caring with your previous posts!

The enclosed post of Madad21 is a good example of a higher paygrade than myself post for sure which I agree to agree with when I'm known to even agree to disagree with my Christians brothers.

Hate those higher paygrade posts, ie, makes me think too much - old age lazyiness thing. :)
Jack............check the mail box buddy................God told me............He just raised your pay..
YeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeHaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa party time.

MaDad...........is the sheriff.................we must make sure he is paid well :)

shturt678

Feb 9, 2013
RANDOR said:
[quoteJack............check the mail box buddy................God told me............He just raised your pay..
YeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeHaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa party time.

MaDad...........is the sheriff.................we must make sure he is paid well :)

[/QUOTE]Hmmmmm.... check is in the mail routine - with the sheriff around, this time it probably is - great! Hate that lost mail.

Old Jack looking for his next pay increase!

Pelaides

Jul 30, 2012
Madad21 said:

“As I looked,

Its not Jesus coming before himself,Its Jesus coming before his father(God).There are clearly 2 seperate beings in heaven that are in charge.You can see it in Daniel and revelation.Jesus is not equal to God.I will now examine Daniel7:9,you pointed something out i was not aware of.

shturt678

Feb 9, 2013
Pelaides said:
Its not Jesus coming before himself,Its Jesus coming before his father(God).There are clearly 2 seperate beings in heaven that are in charge.
They're the boss for sure, however only "1" being off the top regarding God the Son Jesus, Heb.1:3 for openers.

You can see it in Daniel and revelation.Jesus is not equal to God.I will now examine Daniel7:9,you pointed something out i was not aware of.
Hey, we're moving forward together - great!

Old team member Jack

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
Pelaides said:
Its not Jesus coming before himself,Its Jesus coming before his father(God).There are clearly 2 seperate beings in heaven that are in charge.You can see it in Daniel and revelation.Jesus is not equal to God.I will now examine Daniel7:9,you pointed something out i was not aware of.
Ok no problem thanks for taking the time to read it.

shturt678

Feb 9, 2013
Pelaides

I was hoping you would fill in the blanks regarding the Three, and Jesus, ie, the Three are one in essence yet the three are diverse - the Oneness of being. So we have Jesus One in being united with the divine, then the Triune God One in being.

Old helpful Jack waiting patiently for God the Holy Ghost, within, to prompt me again?

Nomad

Post Tenebras Lux
Aug 9, 2009
Philadelphia, PA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pelaides said:
You argue against what you clearly don't understand. What you're seeing in Daniel is the Son in his role as Christ or Messiah. This role in redemptive history required him to lay aside his equality with the Father, making himself nothing, and taking on the form of an obedient servant. His exaltation and restoration was also a part of God's plan of salvation.

Php 2:5 Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus,
Php 2:6 who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped,
Php 2:7 but made himself nothing, taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men.
Php 2:8 And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.
Php 2:9 Therefore God has highly exalted him and bestowed on him the name that is above every name,
Php 2:10 so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
Php 2:11 and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Joh 17:4 I glorified you on earth, having accomplished the work that you gave me to do.
Joh 17:5 And now, Father, glorify me in your own presence with the glory that I had with you before the world existed.

You also say that Revelation demonstrates that Jesus is not equal with the Father. I say that is incorrect.

Rev 1:8 "I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty."

Rev 21:5 And he who was seated on the throne said, "Behold, I am making all things new." Also he said, "Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true."
Rev 21:6 And he said to me, "It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. To the thirsty I will give from the spring of the water of life without payment.

Rev 22:12 "Behold, I am coming soon, bringing my recompense with me, to repay everyone for what he has done.
Rev 22:13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end."

Notice carefully that in the first two references God calls himself the Alpha and Omega. In the last reference Jesus says that he is the Alpha and Omega. There can only be one Alpha and Omega. One beginning and the end. One more proof that Jesus is God.

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
Nomad said:
You argue against what you clearly don't understand. What you're seeing in Daniel is the Son in his role as Christ or Messiah. This role in redemptive history required him to lay aside his equality with the Father, making himself nothing, and taking on the form of an obedient servant. His exaltation and restoration was also a part of God's plan of salvation.

Php 2:6 who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped,
Php 2:7 but made himself nothing, taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men.
Php 2:8 And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.
Php 2:9 Therefore God has highly exalted him and bestowed on him the name that is above every name,
Php 2:10 so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
Php 2:11 and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Joh 17:4 I glorified you on earth, having accomplished the work that you gave me to do.
Joh 17:5 And now, Father, glorify me in your own presence with the glory that I had with you before the world existed.

You also say that Revelation demonstrates that Jesus is not equal with the Father. I say that is incorrect.

Rev 1:8 "I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty."

Rev 21:5 And he who was seated on the throne said, "Behold, I am making all things new." Also he said, "Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true."
Rev 21:6 And he said to me, "It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. To the thirsty I will give from the spring of the water of life without payment.

Rev 22:12 "Behold, I am coming soon, bringing my recompense with me, to repay everyone for what he has done.
Rev 22:13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end."

Notice carefully that in the first two references God calls himself the Alpha and Omega. In the last reference Jesus says that he is the Alpha and Omega. There can only be one Alpha and Omega. One beginning and the end. One more proof that Jesus is God.
Beautifully summarised ,using Scripture.
Floyd.

Pelaides

Jul 30, 2012
shturt678 said:
Pelaides

I was hoping you would fill in the blanks regarding the Three, and Jesus, ie, the Three are one in essence yet the three are diverse - the Oneness of being. So we have Jesus One in being united with the divine, then the Triune God One in being.

Old helpful Jack waiting patiently for God the Holy Ghost, within, to prompt me again?
They are one in the Spirit,The Holy Spirit makes them one.
Nomad said:

You yourself are saying that Jesus and God are different?
Do you consider yourself equal to your father?

How do you explain thisRevalations3:21To him that overcometh will i grant to sit down with me in my throne,even as i also overcame ,and am set down with my father in his throne."

It looks like their are two thrones in heaven to me.Now can one person occupy two thrones?

And also in Revelations2:6 God is doing the talking.

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
Pelaides said:
They are one in the Spirit,The Holy Spirit makes them one.
You are right!!!

God is Spirit
(John 4:24) God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.

The Son of God was and is Spirit
(John 1:14) The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

The Holy Spirit is Spirit, He possesses a mind, emotions, and a will.
  • The Holy Spirit thinks and knows (1 Corinthians 2:10)
  • The Holy Spirit can be grieved (Ephesians 4:30)
  • The Spirit intercedes for us (Romans 8:26-27)
  • He makes decisions according to His will (1 Corinthians 12:7-11)
  • As God, the Holy Spirit is Comforter and Counselor that Jesus promised He would be (John 14:16, 26, 15:26)

God, Jesus and The Holy Spirit are One as in one in substance that is "Spirit" one God one substance 3 co-equal

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
You yourself are saying that Jesus and God are different?

Do you consider yourself equal to your father?

You have already been show/told that you are dismissing the Power of the Godhead; and equating It with mankinds limited thinking (or are you playing with people here? I notice that you avoid answering hard questions; but expect others to answer you. Why is that?

How do you explain thisRevalations3:21To him that overcometh will i grant to sit down with me in my throne,even as i also overcame ,and am set down with my father in his throne."

Your question here shows you do noT know Scripture ! "Overcomers"; have no relationship with the present "Age" ; you will need to study Revelation in depth to begin to see Truth here!

It looks like their are two thrones in heaven to me.Now can one person occupy two thrones?

That's a nonsense comment.

And also in Revelations2:6 God is doing the talking.

Again; nonsense.
Floyd.

Foreword.

Revelation describes the Culmination of the Plan of God Almighty for the peoples of the Earth, particularly the Jewish People, and the remaining Gentiles/Nations. It describes the “revealing” (Apocalypse) of Christ Jesus, as never before. As the Jews are being brought back into Blessing as Prime Object of Jehovah God, much of the content is primarily Jewish, with implication and consequences for individual Gentiles and Gentile Nations. It describes the battle for human allegiance between God and Satan, with “Sealing” and “markings” for both groups of human forces. It describes the criterion for the “Overcomers” of God’s people, and also that of Satan’s people. It describes the destinations of both groups. It reveals the release of the “Seals”, by the only “Worthy” one, “The Lamb of God”! It describes “Jacob’s” trouble on Israel, and also the “Holy Vengeance” of God on His enemies in the “Nations”. It describes God's intervention in the world (Satan's) system (Mystery Babylon,) and its removal. Description is given of the “binding” of Satan for 1000 years, his release, and his judgement and consequences, together with his forces! The “Great White Throne Judgement” is described, with its criterion! Death and the grave are destroyed, together with Satan. The Curse is removed, which was imposed by God in Eden. A new Heaven and Earth are created by God, and the Nations are healed by “the tree of life”.
The events of Revelation were mentioned to Israel by the Gospel and Epistle writers etc., up to AD 61 approx. which was the date of Israel's final rejection of Paul's message and teaching at Acts 28:28. Because of that rejection the predicted events of Revelation have been delayed up to now (2014), but may soon commence, when seeing the current events of the Mid-East. Regarding the change brought about by Paul's rejection, see note at bottom.

REVELATION

R E V E L A T I O N[SIZE=16pt]: (The Uncovering and Revealing of The Second Coming of Christ Jesus.)[/SIZE]

CHAPTER 1:http://www.revelationsmessage.co.uk/chapter1.htm

V.1
Revelation of (a)JESUS CHRIST, which GOD gave unto Him, to point out unto His (b)servants things which needed to happen, (c)speedily; and He sent and signified it by His angel to His (b)bond-servant John.

(a)Jesus the Messiah, Comp. App. 98 X1.

(b)In Scripture, only Israel are so called, Comp. App. 190 1.2. (It is thought by some Christians, that John was transported to Patmos by the Holy Spirit, for the express purpose of receiving the prophecy of Revelation; in similar mode to Phillip in Acts 8. See V.9.)

(c)From the standpoint of [SIZE=14pt]Rev. 1:10 ,[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] i.e. will happen quickly, [/SIZE][SIZE=14pt]when the "Day" of Jehovah has commenced. [/SIZE][SIZE=14pt]This is commonly known as [/SIZE][SIZE=14pt]"The Day of The Lord," [/SIZE][SIZE=14pt]and at this date (2014,) has not yet occurred, but is probably close. [/SIZE]

V.2
Who bare witness of the Word of God, and of the witness of Jesus Christ of all things that He (a)saw.

(a)And perceived (Comp. App. 133 I.1.)

V.3http://www.revelationsmessage.co.uk/chapter1.htm#V.3
(c)Happy is he that reads (a)and those that hear the words of the prophecy and keep the things which are written in, for the (b)time is near.

See full text: [SIZE=9pt]Rev Chapter 1[/SIZE]