Question for Cat lovers

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
Does anyone here know anything bout puddy tats??

I have a male ginger and he keeps yowling, it sounds funny not like meowing, its louder like he's calling out to someone.
He hasnt been spay yet and he fights with this other male cat who comes around from time to time.

Hes well feed and well loved and goes outside as much as he wants but he loves to stay indoors.

anyone know what this may be?

Nyoka

Mar 26, 2008
Your male is an not neutered so he will be very territorial. He will fight with any cat that comes on, what he considers, his territory - especially male cats . Usually that kind of yowling is done to call to a female cat for mating. They get very noisy when calling. He can probably smell a female on heat somewhere nearby. If you don't plan on breeding from him then the best thing to do is get him neutered as it will usually cut down on the fights and yowling. The more fights he has the more chance he has of getting abscesses from bites or other injuries.

Hope this helps :)

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
Ahhhhhhhh that's easy............he's callin for help!!!!! ever since he read you put cats and puppies in your pizzas....

Nyoka

Mar 26, 2008
Madad21 said:
Excellent!!

Thank You and Blessings :)
no probs. Also watch out because if he is seeing other cats as a threat to his territory then he might start spraying inside. Cats, male and female, spray to mark territory. Not all cats will spray inside but some can start when they start guarding their territory. Getting him neutered usually solves this problem to.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Great advice Nyoka. I would also like to add that yowling can sometimes be a sign of health issues. If he's an old cat, it is possible that he could be losing his hearing or may have a thyroid problem. You may wish to check this out with the vet before he gets the chop. ^_^

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
Nyoka said:
no probs. Also watch out because if he is seeing other cats as a threat to his territory then he might start spraying inside. Cats, male and female, spray to mark territory. Not all cats will spray inside but some can start when they start guarding their territory. Getting him neutered usually solves this problem to.
Yeah that other cat came in to the house and sprayed on some of the furniture one night, after i cleaned the surfaces i tried to spray some deodorizer on it, i don't know if it worked though, maybe my ginger can still smell it, i haven't noticed mine spraying anywhere yet but I will keep an eye on it, gonna book him in to get fixed.
Also his birth mother is still with us as our other pet, she's been fixed but she hates him coming near her, he seems to tease her a little and she attacks him, do you think their relationship will change once he's neutered?
Also hes a real scaredy cat (pardon the pun) it doesn't take much to frighten him, where as his mum could care less about noises and things. Shes a tabby not a ginger like him.
thanks again :)

Angelina said:
Great advice Nyoka. I would also like to add that yowling can sometimes be a sign of health issues. If he's an old cat, it is possible that he could be losing his hearing or may have a thyroid problem. You may wish to check this out with the vet before he gets the chop. ^_^
Nah hes a little cheeky boy, loves cuddles and is a real character as most gingers are. he's a bit of an egg. :p
but that good to remember thanks Ang.

RANDOR said:
Ahhhhhhhh that's easy............he's callin for help!!!!! ever since he read you put cats and puppies in your pizzas....
That was a secret ingredient which I told you in confidence, now thanks to you everyone will be doing it!!! :eek:

Nyoka

Mar 26, 2008
Angelina said:
Good point. I had forgotten about that lol. It is always a good idea to get your vet to check your cats overall health.

Madad21 said:
Yeah that other cat came in to the house and sprayed on some of the furniture one night, after i cleaned the surfaces i tried to spray some deodorizer on it, i don't know if it worked though, maybe my ginger can still smell it, i haven't noticed mine spraying anywhere yet but I will keep an eye on it, gonna book him in to get fixed.
Also his birth mother is still with us as our other pet, she's been fixed but she hates him coming near her, he seems to tease her a little and she attacks him, do you think their relationship will change once he's neutered?
Also hes a real scaredy cat (pardon the pun) it doesn't take much to frighten him, where as his mum could care less about noises and things. Shes a tabby not a ginger like him.
thanks again :)

Nah hes a little cheeky boy, loves cuddles and is a real character as most gingers are. he's a bit of an egg. :p
but that good to remember thanks Ang.

That was a secret ingredient which I told you in confidence, now thanks to you everyone will be doing it!!! :eek:
Usually a neutered cat can become lazy a bit and tend to put on weight easier since they aren't going out and about as much. He should still love his cuddles and may even get cuddlier - mine all did lol.