Question for non-JW's

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a thread called "Question for JW's' that has turned into a relentless attack. There are many such threads where some in this community feel it appropriate to gang up on a particular denomination. (SDA's and others are also targets). My questions are:
  1. What kind of witness do you suppose this is to outsiders who observe such vicious infighting?
  2. Do you suppose Jesus would judge such relentless attacks as loving, as action becoming of his worthy disciples?
  3. Is this why Jesus suffered and died on the cross; so there can be eternal acrimony over doctrine?

Seems to me these "question" threads are just attacks in the form of a question. It pains me to see them.

“A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. 35 By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.
John 13:34-35

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Good questions.
But do non Christians bother about inter christian spats etc?
Jesus certainly will have a poor view of bullying, harasment and name calling.
Jesus died and rose again to deal with sin and to bring us into a growing g relationship with God.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
“A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. 35 By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.

When you live in a world of "blind tolerance" and are unable to realize that Cults do not = Christianity, then you post what you just said.

It may come as a shock to you, to learn, that God does not accept everything, and neither are the born again to accept everything.

Christianity is not about becoming a human Door-mat.
"meek" does not mean WEAK.

This idea that darkness and Light, always engaged in a spiritual warfare...... is somehow offending "love thy neighbor", just shows that you have some learning to do regarding NT Christianity.

You should study : Titus 3:10 for a while, until you begin to understand what is going on down here regarding 40,000 Denominations that dont agree with each other, and so called '"christian" Forums that are created only to shove John Calvinism or the Gospel of Self Saving, or Mary as a "perpetual Virgin" down your spiritual Throat.

Wake up. @Wrangler
You're late to the Light.

Last edited:
Reactions: amigo de christo

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When the captain orders the ship to where you are drowining and then the ensign pulls you from the water, who is your savior?
A. Captain
B. Ensign
C. Both Captain and Ensign

It reminds me of that story of the man who had to flee his home when floods ravaged his town. He climbed up on his roof as the flood waters kept rising and from there he could see others one by one, being swept away. "My God!" he cried out-- "God save me! I trust in you Lord, save me from this peril. I know you hear my prayers-- please God... rescue me."

In time a rescue boat appeared and a fireman threw him a rope, telling him to tie it about his waist and to jump down from the roof into the water and they will pull him aboard. "I can't do that" he said... what if the rope should break, or slip and I am swept away in the swift water before you get to me? --My God will save me." So he remained there on the roof and the boat went on to save others.

Later, as the situation became even more dire and his house was dislodged and floating away with him on the roof, a helicopter came hovering overhead and they lowered a basket down for him to climb into, but this too he refused saying- "Helicopters are not safe in a storm like this-- the high winds and approaching darkness and the moving house make it too risky a situation-- what if the helicopter blades were to get caught up in a power line-- the whole thing could come crashing down with me tied to this basket--- God! Please save me!

Of course the man was swept along further and of course the floating house was broken up into pieces as it was swept along hitting rocks and trees and a bridge--- it was smashed to bits and the man disappeared in the debris and was taken under water.

He reappeared standing in front of the Father and asked-- Father God..... why didn't you rescue me?

God said-- "Man-- I sent a fireman and a sturdy boat. I sent a helicopter. All these you refused."

God sent His son. His only begotten Ensign that whosoever believes in him should be saved.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When the captain orders the ship to where you are drowining and then the ensign pulls you from the water, who is your savior?
A. Captain
B. Ensign
C. Both Captain and Ensign
Thanks for again admitting that you don't believe Jesus is THE Savior!

John 4
42 Then they said to the woman, "Now we believe, not because of what you said, for we ourselves have heard Him and we know that this is indeed the Christ, the Savior of the world."

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: APAK and Mr E

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a thread called "Question for JW's' that has turned into a relentless attack. There are many such threads where some in this community feel it appropriate to gang up on a particular denomination. (SDA's and others are also targets). My questions are:
  1. What kind of witness do you suppose this is to outsiders who observe such vicious infighting?
  2. Do you suppose Jesus would judge such relentless attacks as loving, as action becoming of his worthy disciples?
  3. Is this why Jesus suffered and died on the cross; so there can be eternal acrimony over doctrine?

Seems to me these "question" threads are just attacks in the form of a question. It pains me to see them.

I can agree with your statements that it is just a form of attack on others. This makes null & void God's commandment and attribute of "love".

I personally despise the theology of " CR, UR or universalism more than any other cult doctrine I know of. The proponents for this heresy are more vocal than others on forums w/o any seemingly repercussions.

We are instructed here in Titus 3:9-11, But stay away from those who have foolish arguments and talk about useless family histories and argue and quarrel about the law. Those things are worth nothing and will not help anyone. After a first and second warning, avoid someone who causes arguments.

It would seem the contentious among us instead thrive in the debates about the profane doctrines of men & demons. Mocking those who hold to "what saith God " about salvation, discipleship, stewardship, and having a solid relationship based on the standards of his word!

I have " chosen" to personally "ignore" such ppl. I am not anyone's judge and have no knowledge of the condition of their hearts. Condemnation comes by unbelief in the sacrifice of Jesus as the propitiation of man's forgiveness of sin. We can however asses their beliefs based on their words.

We are also instructed in Romans 16:17/18 to do this....
17 Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them. 18 For they that are such serve NOT our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It reminds me of that story of the man who had to flee his home when floods ravaged his town. He climbed up on his roof as the flood waters kept rising and from there he could see others one by one, being swept away. "My God!" he cried out-- "God save me! I trust in you Lord, save me from this peril. I know you hear my prayers-- please God... rescue me."

In time a rescue boat appeared and a fireman threw him a rope, telling him to tie it about his waist and to jump down from the roof into the water and they will pull him aboard. "I can't do that" he said... what if the rope should break, or slip and I am swept away in the swift water before you get to me? --My God will save me." So he remained there on the roof and the boat went on to save others.

Later, as the situation became even more dire and his house was dislodged and floating away with him on the roof, a helicopter came hovering overhead and they lowered a basket down for him to climb into, but this too he refused saying- "Helicopters are not safe in a storm like this-- the high winds and approaching darkness and the moving house make it too risky a situation-- what if the helicopter blades were to get caught up in a power line-- the whole thing could come crashing down with me tied to this basket--- God! Please save me!

Of course the man was swept along further and of course the floating house was broken up into pieces as it was swept along hitting rocks and trees and a bridge--- it was smashed to bits and the man disappeared in the debris and was taken under water.

He reappeared standing in front of the Father and asked-- Father God..... why didn't you rescue me?

God said-- "Man-- I sent a fireman and a sturdy boat. I sent a helicopter. All these you refused."

God sent His son. His only begotten Ensign that whosoever believes in him should be saved.
It amazes me of those who want to take credit away from God

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
who has the ability to rescue you other than God?
Whoever God commands. I believe it was Ravens who brought food to Elisha, fish with a coin to Jesus, an animal skin for Adam and Eve, Ananias was brought to touch Paul’s eyes so he could see, a dove brought an olive twig to Noah, etc.

Now, you know you cannot answer a question with a question. What is the answer to my question; who saved you? Captain, Ensign or both?

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Whoever God commands. I believe it was Ravens who brought food to Elisha, fish with a coin to Jesus, an animal skin for Adam and Eve, Ananias was brought to touch Paul’s eyes so he could see, a dove brought an olive twig to Noah, etc.

Now, you know you cannot answer a question with a question. What is the answer to my question; who saved you? Captain, Ensign or both?
so anyone can save our eternal souls from Hell?

Since when?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so anyone can save our eternal souls from Hell?

Since when?
A man - I'm sorry, an angel - can live in all of us at the same time? Only the Eternal God, I think. I have to remember . . . their "Jesus" is NOTHING like the Biblical Jesus.

Jesus Christ, the Faithful Witness. The First and the Last. YHWH. The Truth. Not a lie.

Much love!

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Doubling down on not answering. Gotcha!
can you answer my question

can anyone save an eternal soul?

You are trying to compare salvation of an eternal soul as equal with saving a person who fell off a ship.

If anyone can not save an eternal soul. your question or example is non nonsensical.. and does not fit.

Reactions: marks