Question for non-JW's

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so anyone can save our eternal souls from Hell?

Since when?
This may be a little off-topic although you just mentioned it. Do you believe that your soul is already immortal (eternal)? I know most Catholics believe this. Did you learn that from them or form another place? Just curious.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a thread called "Question for JW's' that has turned into a relentless attack. There are many such threads where some in this community feel it appropriate to gang up on a particular denomination. (SDA's and others are also targets). My questions are:
  1. What kind of witness do you suppose this is to outsiders who observe such vicious infighting?
  2. Do you suppose Jesus would judge such relentless attacks as loving, as action becoming of his worthy disciples?
  3. Is this why Jesus suffered and died on the cross; so there can be eternal acrimony over doctrine?

Seems to me these "question" threads are just attacks in the form of a question. It pains me to see them.

“A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. 35 By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.
John 13:34-35

Apparently there is a purpose to it.

After all, Jesus did say, "Do not think that I came to bring peace on earth. I did not come to bring peace but a sword" and foretold as much, also saying, "Now brother will betray brother to death, and a father his child; and children will rise up against parents and cause them to be put to death."

I see it as the means by which the gentiles show themselves--what they are made of, whether good or evil, as through diversity rather than as with Israel who was unified being one nation and having the same forefathers. Thus, with each the man of sin is revealed, but by different means.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is my thread and I already answered your first question that you asked without answering my question.

‘Conversation’ over.
in other words you can;t answer my question

Your question is nonsensical. In your question. Both saved you (there is your answer, it was not just the captain it was both, The captain took the ship there. but the ensign risked his/her life to rescue the person so who had more glory?)

But both can not save you eternally.. so it does not fit.

I can't save you.. No one can But God.

God is both captain and ensign,,

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This may be a little off-topic although you just mentioned it. Do you believe that your soul is already immortal (eternal)? I know most Catholics believe this. Did you learn that from them or form another place? Just curious.
every soul is immortal.

what is important, is where that soul will spend eternity.

do they have eternal life, or eternal death (also called the second death)

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your question is nonsensical. In your question. Both saved you (there is your answer, it was not just the captain it was both, The captain took the ship there. but the ensign risked his/her life to rescue the person so who had more glory?)

But both can not save you eternally.. so it does not fit.
My question reveals great wisdom. And you answered correctly, both saved you.

It does fit because one saved through the other. This is agency.

Just yesterday I saw another headline talking about why Hitler killed so many Jews. Actually, he killed no one. We use the notion of agency today.

Rather than acknowledge that the ensign acts as the agent of the captain, you invent a metaphysical multi-person Being. Not that it's any of my business that you side stepped the whole thread topic.

1695317507832.png

• Love
Reactions: Aunty Jane and Mr E

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Just yesterday I saw another headline talking about why Hitler killed so many Jews. Actually, he killed no one. We use the notion of agency today.

Rather than acknowledge that the ensign acts as the agent of the captain, you invent a metaphysical multi-person Being. Not that it's any of my business that you side stepped the whole thread topic.

View attachment 36569
Like when you said Jesus isn't THE Savior?

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You betcha when hypocrisy is involved! Vitriol is not the way of Christ. When one denom calls down fire and brimstone on another denom, non-Christians dismiss our call to love as something we do not even truly believe in practice.
I have a simple question .
A few actually .
How would paul have been viewed by todays people .
The man blinded one who was trying to turn the deputy away FROM THE FAITH .
SO how come many embrace so many who do so today .
How would paul have been seen by todays peoples
in his dire warnings to the church of cornith and others .
OR how he said GET THAT MAN OUT OF THE CHURCH , DELIVER that man over unto satan
so that destruction of the flesh could occur and the soul be saved in the day of the LORD .
DO notice it actually worked cause that caused that man to be led to repentance .
HOW would paul have been seen by todays lovey do dont judge all inclusive correct not generation
WHEN he said I DELIVERED hymenaus and alexander OVER UNTO SATAN so
they could LEARN NOT to blaspheme .
and yet we got those in camps WHO DO BLASPHEME and yet , its HUG ALL , ACCEPT ALL
GET ALONG and just have unity .
How would paul have been seen when he wrote to titus
REBUKE THEM SHARPLY , SHARPLY that they may be sound in the FAITH .
OR to timothy Rebuke those who SIN before all that others may also fear .
Lets try and reread that with todays inclusive hug all mindset .
TODAY what paul said to timothy would sound like this .
THOSE WHO SIN , OH DONT YOU DARE JUDGE OR CORRECT heck we all sin .
OR to titus it would have been , OH DONT JUDGE , it dont matter what one beleives , they dont have to be sound in faith
WE GOT A PROBLEM PARD . But it aint my problem cause i refuse and refuse bodly to STOP CORRECTING .
wish others would cause the church would have been in a far better place and not rather FALLEN into its current state of decay .

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

View attachment 36569
But I can not save you.. Only God can

It may be many people who plant the seed. But only God can save someone.. and only if they ask him to

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
who is my God?

He suffered and died on the cross for my sins, and his father who sent him and his holy spirit who was sent after him.

who is yours?
Simply, the Father God, the one and only divine being who used his Spirit to create his Son, became resident within him, to then drive him to the Cross, to then resurrect him from his mortal sacrificial death after he, his Son, suffered and died on the Cross for my sins and to fulfill his legal obligations to his Father, the only God.

Reactions: Wrangler

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
every soul is immortal.

what is important, is where that soul will spend eternity.

do they have eternal life, or eternal death (also called the second death)
I would not be so quick to announce your verdict or conclusion.

If one defines a human soul as its body containing a spirit that causes life or animation aka, a breathing and awake/living person, then after death regardless of faith in Christ or not, the spirit returns to the realm of our Creator God. Now judgment is given to his Son concerning its disposition whether to become a new immortal soul where the spirit becomes housed in a new body or not.

Now the spirit part is not really called immortal from a human perspective, it is eternal it is everlasting as it is part of God. In fact all spirits are, as God is the Father of all spirits.

The body or vessel is destroyed upon human death. So if the spirit does not acquire a new vessel or body where the same spirit can inhabit and become alive as a new soul, it is not immortal or everlasting at all.

My answer is that a soul in this life by my definition is never eternal or immortal. It would be a very premature conclusion to draw.

In the next life it still depends on the Father via his Son's judgement concerning the disposition of the give human spirit for new life of immortality.

-------------

In Gen 2:7 “And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being.”

Adam was given a soul or that some form of life called a “soul” was put within him. It says that he became a living being (nephesh in Hebrew). ..soul..

So, you became a living soul in this life and you can or cannot become a new living soul in the next life.

For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality” (1 Corinth 15:52-53). For those who are saved. we still MUST PUT ON immortality from this present mortal soul life.

Satan (represented symbolically as a serpent) who lied to Eve, telling her that if she ate the fruit of the tree she would not die: “Then the serpent said to the woman, ‘You will not surely die. For God knows that in the day you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil’” Gen 3:4-5.

Evil lied to her and God said you can die, meaning non-existing as a soul. He always keeps the spark of life the spirit part of it though.

Heb 9:27 states, “And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgment.” The judgement is knowing whether there will be a replacement soul, a new soul of not, non-existent as not being, or it will become immortal.

Last edited:

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a thread called "Question for JW's' that has turned into a relentless attack. There are many such threads where some in this community feel it appropriate to gang up on a particular denomination. (SDA's and others are also targets). My questions are:
  1. What kind of witness do you suppose this is to outsiders who observe such vicious infighting?
  2. Do you suppose Jesus would judge such relentless attacks as loving, as action becoming of his worthy disciples?
  3. Is this why Jesus suffered and died on the cross; so there can be eternal acrimony over doctrine?

Seems to me these "question" threads are just attacks in the form of a question. It pains me to see them.

“A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. 35 By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.
John 13:34-35
ditto my friend that is unfortunate. Sorry that has been your experience and the same with SDA's and Catholics.

• Love
Reactions: Wrangler and APAK

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Simply, the Father God, the one and only divine being who used his Spirit to create his Son, became resident within him, to then drive him to the Cross, to then resurrect him from his mortal sacrificial death after he, his Son, suffered and died on the Cross for my sins and to fulfill his legal obligations to his Father, the only God.
Another Kingdom Hall victim?

Hebrews 1
6 But when He again brings the firstborn into the world, He says: "Let all the angels of God worship Him."
7 And of the angels He says: "Who makes His angels spirits And His ministers a flame of fire."
8 But to the Son He says: "Your throne, O God, is forever and ever; A scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your Kingdom.9 You have loved righteousness and hated lawlessness; Therefore God, Your God, has anointed You With the oil of gladness more than Your companions."10 And: "You, LORD, in the beginning laid the foundation of the earth, And the heavens are the work of Your hands.

Last edited:
Reactions: Eternally Grateful