Question?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

rdventen

Feb 16, 2010
USA
I have Read a lot of things about the Bible, and there are many different understandings and beliefs about scripture, but thats OK because there are many things that we can agree to just disagree on in scripture but not everyone can be right there can only be one right Interpretation and only God knows what it is. The best I can do is hope that I'm right, and if I'm not then when I go to be with the Lord He we teach me.

But now there are scriptures that can not be misunderstood, because they are easy to understand. There is only one thing that God wants to know, that is what do you believe about My Son Jesus, and if you are wrong about Him then you are still dead in your sins and are lost to God forever.

John 3:16 (King James Version)

[sup]16[/sup]For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Romans 10:9
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Templar81

Apr 14, 2010
UK
Scripture is often not easy to understand and i don't think we as Christians should feel in any we that we are displeasing God by not udnerstanding it. As Christians and members of Churches we have the chance to study the Bible with our peers and under he guidance of those with theological training if need be.

I cannot say this side of glory that there is always one true interpretation of scripture, but that there might be. I thnk as Christians as long as understand that Christ died for us and repent of our sins we have freedom to interpret the scriptures as the intelligent beings that the Lord made us. remember he made us with the ability to think, to decide, to question and to discern and that is how we grow and through that we can grow closer to God by better udnerstadning his message and knowing him better.

BTW I thought the quotations for scripture were very poinient.