Question

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lookin4wardtoHeaven

Jul 17, 2007
In my Bible reading today , I ran across the word talebearers.Leviticus 19:16 Thou shalt not go up and down as a talebearer among thy people: neither shalt thou stand against the blood of thy neighbor; I am the LORD.Here are other scriptures I also found the word. Proverbs 11:13 Proverbs 16:28 Proverbs 20:19 Proverbs 26:20 Jeremiah 6:28 Proverbs 18:8 Proverbs 26:22 Is this what we refer to as busybodies,gossipers ? God bless
smile.gif

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
You have it exactly right Lookin4ward
smile.gif
Its Hebrew word ...rakiyl slander, slanderer, tale bearer, informer carry tales (carrier of tales)The "talebearer" is the slanderer ,the gossiper,carrying tales from one person to the next, people just seem to love to listen to a good gossip..This verse/word is a warning to us by God. He does not like the carrying of tales, gossip, lies,ect being carried about another of his children and we will be accountable for our loose lips. This applies to the men just as it applies to woman. Don't go by what other people say about other people,If one is spearding lies about another person chances are he or she would have no hesitation of repeating a lie about you.And if we have made a judgment about a person based on gossip. We should repent and next time let us not be so quick to rush to judgment.