Questions For A Catholic

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Get a grip. Paul did not kill Christians after he was saved. Do you understand that?

Didn't he? Are you certain that Paul was not at fault to the point of having brought about the spiritual death of Barnabas or John Mark or both?

"And some days after Paul said unto Barnabas, Let us go again and visit our brethren in every city where we have preached the word of the Lord, and see how they do.

And Barnabas determined to take with them John, whose surname was Mark.

But Paul thought not good to take him with them, who departed from them from Pamphylia, and went not with them to the work.

And the contention was so sharp between them, that they departed asunder one from the other: and so Barnabas took Mark, and sailed unto Cyprus; " Acts 15:36-39

It be would be wrong based on scripture alone to assume that Paul never committed another sin after meeting Jesus on the road to Damascus! How many people have you met who have definitely never sinned again after meeting Jesus for the first time?

Sorry Amadeus - guilty by association

Anastacia paints with broad strokes...haha

I don't support all Catholic beliefs, but I know that scarcely a Christian assembly or organization exists under the catch all umbrella word of protestantism that doesn't retain some or even many of the same beliefs that Catholics hold. To throw it all out would be what we might call throwing out the baby with the bath water.

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
Undoubtedly, there are differences in church groups and in individual believers! So if you believe that the Catholic Church is against the Word of God, then leave it alone. Who made you God's death angel against the Catholic Church or anyone else in error? Who made you the final judge against them who if they are wrong are already in condemnation?

"And now I say unto you, Refrain from these men, and let them alone: for if this counsel or this work be of men, it will come to nought:

But if it be of God, ye cannot overthrow it; lest haply ye be found even to fight against God." Acts 5:38-39

You may not be Catholic, but I agree with many things said in your post. :) I like what you said especially in your quote above.

Anastacia

Oct 23, 2010
Didn't he? Are you certain that Paul was not at fault to the point of having brought about the spiritual death of Barnabas or John Mark or both?

I'm ignoring you for now on. If you can say this false and slanderous stuff---then you can say anything!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God forbid anyone think about scripture - blind memorization is the key, right?

Protestants used to have such a rich tradition of intellectualism - unfortunately, the current phase of anti-intellectualism seems to be in every Protestant circle nowadays - it's a real shame.

There is little doubt that Luther brought some clarity to Christianity and it is too bad that he was not allowed to remain in the Catholic Church - I think he would be appalled about how far Protestantism has been carried to today

Anastacia

Oct 23, 2010
Hello again!
My last replies to amadeus in blue.

Errr... not quite! The Word of God is alive! The Bible has the potential, but until it is injected with the Spirit in a person it is dead, just another book on the shelf

Never! The Bible is not just another book on the shelf.

Since I am not a Catholic , I pay little attention to what the Pope has to say. You should read my posts more carefully...

What's wrong with you? Why are you writing that so big? Where did I say you were a Catholic? You are guilty of what you accuse me of, and that is needing to read more carefully.

Your premise may be a good one, but you should be more concerned with following Jesus yourself than with attempting to tear someone else apart. Neither you or I can change a person who is error so that he will follow God better. As Paul put it:

So you have made the judgement that the Catholics here are hopeless? And falsely accusing me again? You are the one who needs to be more concerned with following Jesus instead of attempting to tear someone else apart. You keep falsely accusing....I can see what you are all about when you do that.

Even Paul was still seeing through a "glass darkly", so how is it that you or I or Marksmen or Aspen can see clearly enough to always be right when giving directions about God to others. The only time and way that we can is when and if we have the Holy Ghost in us and we are following the lead of the Holy Ghost. Man's problem too often is that he gets so full of himself, that he plunges ahead on his on stumbling blindly supposedly for God, when he has either not learned to recognise the Master's voice or he is moving forward too fast to wait on the Lord to have his strength in God renewed as needed.

You really don't sound as if you know God at all.

Why do you argue me off the top of your head and not support your beliefs or conclusion with scriptures. You say what I said is not biblical, but you gave not a single verse to show me. I am really a big Bible supporter. As I have already said 3 or 4 times on this thread, I am not a Catholic . Al of my beliefs, I hope, have come from scripture by means of the Holy Ghost. You may not agree with me on every point and that is OK, but at least read carefully what I say and then attempt to give scriptural support for any disagreement.

I know you are not a Catholic, you keep saying it over again. I gave scripture. Why don't you give scripture that says what you say....you know, what you say about the Bible being a dead book? Or about apostle Paul being the cause of Mark, John and Barnabus' death?

If I do not, it is not because I do not reading the Bible and talking to God daily. Even so, sometimes I know that I may be wrong .

Anyone who is not already an overcomer as Jesus was an overcomer [see John 16:33] and says that he is never wrong is certainly a liar. The real difficulty is that when we are wrong and thus lying a about it we usually do not even know it ourselves, until when and if God reveals it to us. [Consider here II Thess 2:11]. Remember that what Jesus overcame was His own world of the flesh in which He walked for 33½ years. He did other things besides overcoming His own flesh, but for any of those things to have the full meaning that God intended for them to have, Jesus being tempted in every point as we are, had to be an overcomer of all the obstacles that men must overcome to be able to see God face to face. He did it! We may be in process toward that goal with the Spirit of God working in us, but not many have as yet reached the goal. All of can block God out whenever we want and too often we do!

Then do what God says! Stop judging me and telling me to stop talking about what I know is the Truth. You come on here and try to tell me what is right and wrong about me personally, things you know nothing about, but what is a hypocrite? Do you not tell me to stop doing something, when you in fact do worse? You tell me to stop doing what the Bible says to do. You go against the Word of God. You do nothing but attack me personally. If you don't want to debate, discuss and argue....then what on earth are you doing in a debate and apologetics group? Duh!

If you do not see everything that God is showing and hear everyting that God is saying then you cannot always move in His direction... and you will not know when your are in error until, [when and if He does], He lets you know. Partially vision or partial hearing will not gets us where God wants us to be unless we are fully submitted to God. Fully submitted people never sin. We do not have to know that we are telling or living a falsehood in order for it to be a lie. This is why as less than an overcomer can never walk alone in God's Way!

I am also talking about men teaching things wrong about what God says! According to some sources there are not less than 30,000 Christian denominations all supposedly BIble based, but they are holding and teaching a mutitude of opposing doctrines based on that same Bible. Isn't it likely that some, if not all, of them are telling lies, at least, in part, even if not purposely? We are we to presume based on our tiny bit of knowledge that the Catholic Church or any one church is more in the wrong than another? Who can really know these things, but God alone?

Read the Bible! If you still can't tell what the Truth is---then stand back! And let others speak about what they want. Even the Catholics are free to do that. Stop trying to stop me. Again, what on earth are you doing in this group? Strange....

If anyone with whom you speak is already condemned as your words would seem to indicate, why do you bother to continue condemning them? Aren't they then condemned already or did Jesus lie? Unlike the rest of us, Jesus never lied. Sharing what God has given us and discussing our differences with someone who wants to discuss them with you is one thing, but to condemn them is quite another, isn't it? Gdo already spoke it once and repetition is not required,
You are something else. Do I not spend a lot of time trying to explain carefully to the Catholics here? Yes I do! A lot of my time and patience! Did I not post scripture to them? Yes, and I posted scripture about coming out of her. How is that condemning someone? You lie about me. You have condemned them what you said in your post here.
You are having a hard time with the truth. Why is that? Are you practicing some falseness yourself? Is it that you have read from other Christians that one or more of your beliefs are false? I think you have been exposed.

Now since you have tried to slander apostle Paul, I'm done talking with you.

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I don't support all Catholic beliefs, but I know that scarcely a Christian assembly or organization exists under the catch all umbrella word of protestantism that doesn't retain some or even many of the same beliefs that Catholics hold. To throw it all out would be what we might call throwing out the baby with the bath water.
There are 350,000 denominations in the world. Could you give me a list of those that don't hold to some aspect of catholic dogma?

It be would be wrong based on scripture alone to assume that Paul never committed another sin after meeting Jesus on the road to Damascus! How many people have you met who have definitely never sinned again after meeting Jesus for the first time?
No one said he didn't. It was said he didn't KILL anyone after the Damascus road conversion. Try and keep to the facts stated and not cast aspersions with a slight of hand and hope no one will notice.

Protestants used to have such a rich tradition of intellectualism - unfortunately, the current phase of anti-intellectualism seems to be in every Protestant circle nowadays - it's a real shame.
Such a sweeping and unsubstantiated statement. Most of the books I read are written by Ph.D. professors and men who are leaders in their designated field of expertise. One of my favourite authors was the youngest ever professor at Cambridge University. He was just 25 years of age.

I am pleased to say that their intellectual rigour and the centrality of the the word of God in their studies did not allow them to speculate about the truth to suit some denominational bias like the catholics seem to do.

There is little doubt that Luther brought some clarity to Christianity and it is too bad that he was not allowed to remain in the Catholic Church - I think he would be appalled about how far Protestantism has been carried to today
Some examples might be useful.

So what are you patting yourself on the back because you believe that you always "worship the Father in spirit and in truth"? Don't look at only that verse, consider also this one!

"When thou art bidden of any man to a wedding, sit not down in the highest room; lest a more honourable man than thou be bidden of him; And he that bade thee and him come and say to thee, Give this man place; and thou begin with shame to take the lowest room. But when thou art bidden, go and sit down in the lowest room; that when he that bade thee cometh, he may say unto thee, Friend, go up higher: then shalt thou have worship in the presence of them that sit at meat with thee. For whosoever exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted." Luke 14:8-11

So where I sit is an idication of whether I worship in spirit and truth?

If one can pray in Christ, who is God, then one can pray in the Holy Spirit, who is also God.
I didn't ask for your opinion. I asked for chapter and verse, which by your various attempts to justify your claim without ever providing the appropriate verse, seems to suggest that you are up the creek withou the proverbial paddle.

2 Corinthians 5:20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech [you] by us: we pray (you) in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.
And where is the word "pray" in the verse you have quoted? 20 Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ, God making his appeal through us. We implore you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God.

And since the Bible says that the Holy Ghost is actually ONE with the Father and the Word (Christ), then one can pray to the Holy Ghost. Why? Because all three are one. All three are God.
I wasn't asking for your opinion. I was asking for chapter and verse, which to date you have been singularly silent on. Could it be because there is no such verse?

Excuse me master, but isn't the Holy Spirit, God? Denying the Holy Spirit is divine seems like a bad idea to me, but what do I know....
Judging by your latest offerings...very little.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anastacia

Amadeus is actually making good points

Why are you accusing him of repeating himself when you constantly

1. Accuse people of 'sounding like they do not even know God at all' whenever they disagree with you

2. Accuse people of being 'guilty of exactly what they are accusing you of' whenever they name your behavior

3. Constantly post pictures of relics, over and over and over again

4. Are still talking about catholics being commanded to bow (meaning worship according to your false understanding) to statues?

5. Do not listen, which causes people to bend over backwards to make their point, to no avail.

You are a one trick pony Anastacia - you are old news and yet you criticize amadeus for trying to make a point

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm ignoring you for now on. If you can say this false and slanderous stuff---then you can say anything!
Anastacia, I am really sorry that you feel so strongly about this. Scripture really only speaks definitely about one person who never sinned, and that was, as we both, know Jesus. To assume or presume that others, even the apostle Paul, or Peter, or any of the many others mentioned favorably scripture were completely blameless after meeting the Lord is a falsehood within yourself: Consider the following verse:

"If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us." I John 1:8

Were all of the followers of the Lord in scripture not subject also to the Word of God even as we are?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You may not be Catholic, but I agree with many things said in your post. :) I like what you said especially in your quote above.

Oh, if we got into a lot of details about a lot of things we would undoubtedly find that there are still quite a few disagreements between us. However, if you are right and I am wrong on any point, or vice versa, wouldn't we both sincerely want to be put on the Lord's side of the issue. This should be a primary reason why we are here on this forum; that is to share what we have with others and also to listen to what others have. If we are hearing God's voice, will He not then correctly direct our steps along His pathway, whether it be mine, or yours, or simply His?

Rue

Dec 23, 2010
Talk about Catholic, was reading that the ACLU is going after them again, this time for not providing abortion serves at hospitals.

http://michellemalkin.com/2010/12/24/un-merry-christmas-from-the-aclu/

Anastacia

Oct 23, 2010
Anastacia

Amadeus is actually making good points

Why are you accusing him of repeating himself when you constantly

1. Accuse people of 'sounding like they do not even know God at all' whenever they disagree with you

2. Accuse people of being 'guilty of exactly what they are accusing you of' whenever they name your behavior

3. Constantly post pictures of relics, over and over and over again

4. Are still talking about catholics being commanded to bow (meaning worship according to your false understanding) to statues?

5. Do not listen, which causes people to bend over backwards to make their point, to no avail.

You are a one trick pony Anastacia - you are old news and yet you criticize amadeus for trying to make a point

You are guilty of the very things you accuse me of.....which makes you a hypocrite.

This whole list is full of hypocrisy.

Just the fact that you made a list about my so-called flaws shows a lot about you.

Take a look at your list....you really don't think you are a "one trick pony"?---you aren't budging from your Catholic beliefs. You really think that I have not tried to no avail to make my points to you?

Stop with your personal attacks. I'm not the topic. What's wrong with you coming here to judge me and call me names and make a list?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anastacia:

Never! The Bible is not just another book on the shelf.

No, it is not, for anyone who is readng it hopefuly to uncover God's purpose rather than to support their own established beliefs,

Amadeus: Since I am not a Catholic , I pay little attention to what the Pope has to say. You should read my posts more carefully...

anastacia: What's wrong with you? Why are you writing that so big? Where did I say you were a Catholic? You are guilty of what you accuse me of, and that is needing to read more carefully.

You did not say the words, "you are a Catholic" but the following words of yours did seem to indicate that was what you thought. If you did not, then I apologise. You should try be clear about what you mean in what you say.

Anastacia said: You think only the popes can give the correct meaning of the scriptures? You think the popes can give the true meaning of the scriptures when they add to the word of God? (quote from post #754)

Amadeus: Your premise may be a good one, but you should be more concerned with following Jesus yourself than with attempting to tear someone else apart. Neither you or I can change a person who is error so that he will follow God better.

Anastacia: So you have made the judgement that the Catholics here are hopeless? And falsely accusing me again? You are the one who needs to be more concerned with following Jesus instead of attempting to tear someone else apart. You keep falsely accusing....I can see what you are all about when you do that.

You are putting words into my mouth. I did not judge Catholics as being in error. I may believe that they are, but that is not something that I expressed in words.

Do you believe that I am trying to tear you apart? Really, that is not my intention. I apologise if I said something to make you think that. My intention is to hopefully get you to realize that you do not have all of the correct answers. Neither do I. Of course, neither I do not believe that the Catholics have all of the answers!

Amadeus: Why do you argue me off the top of your head and not support your beliefs or conclusion with scriptures. You say what I said is not biblical, but you gave not a single verse to show me. I am really a big Bible supporter. As I have already said 3 or 4 times on this thread, I am not a Catholic . Al of my beliefs, I hope, have come from scripture by means of the Holy Ghost. You may not agree with me on every point and that is OK, but at least read carefully what I say and then attempt to give scriptural support for any disagreement.

Anastacia: I know you are not a Catholic, you keep saying it over again. I gave scripture. Why don't you give scripture that says what you say....you know, what you say about the Bible being a dead book? Or about apostle Paul being the cause of Mark, John and Barnabus' death?

I already explained about the Bible. if a BIble simple sits on a shelf and no one ever picks it up and reads it, it will not bring anyone to God. If a person does read it, but his person is to find fault with the Bible itself or with God such as an atheist might do, he will also get nothing out of it that will help him to approach God.

For scriptures consider these two:

"Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life." II Cor 3:6

"But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him." Heb 11:6

If a person comes to read the Bible with no faith that God exists, that person will not receive anything from his reading until he opens his heart.
Amadeus: If I do not, it is not because I do not reading the Bible and talking to God daily. Even so, sometimes I know that I may be wrong .

Anyone who is not already an overcomer as Jesus was an overcomer [see John 16:33] and says that he is never wrong is certainly a liar. The real difficulty is that when we are wrong and thus lying a about it we usually do not even know it ourselves, until when and if God reveals it to us. [Consider here II Thess 2:11]. Remember that what Jesus overcame was His own world of the flesh in which He walked for 33½ years. He did other things besides overcoming His own flesh, but for any of those things to have the full meaning that God intended for them to have, Jesus being tempted in every point as we are, had to be an overcomer of all the obstacles that men must overcome to be able to see God face to face. He did it! We may be in process toward that goal with the Spirit of God working in us, but not many have as yet reached the goal. All of can block God out whenever we want and too often we do!

Anastacia: Then do what God says! Stop judging me and telling me to stop talking about what I know is the Truth. You come on here and try to tell me what is right and wrong about me personally, things you know nothing about, but what is a hypocrite? Do you not tell me to stop doing something, when you in fact do worse? You tell me to stop doing what the Bible says to do.

What exactly does the Bible tell you to do?

Anastacia: You go against the Word of God.

When and where have I done so? If i have, then i apologize, but please show me so that I can do better and provide the verse(s), which I came against. Thank you!

Anastacia: You do nothing but attack me personally.

I have tried to point out to you what I saw as faults in accord with what I read in scripture. I have tried to give you applicable scriptures as I went along. You say that your purpose is to help Catholics, Well I guess that you could say that my purpose is to help you. Maybe you don't want my help! Yes, that may be, but maybe also the Catholics do not want you help!

Anastacia: If you don't want to debate, discuss and argue....then what on earth are you doing in a debate and apologetics group? Duh!

If you wanted to really wanted to correct a Catholic who you believed to be in error, wouldn't the best and fairest way to proceed be to cite exactly the point in theri words, or in their catechism, or in scripture, where you believe they are in error and why they are in error with cited verses of scripture or opinions as appropriate?

Below is the sum total of one of your posts. It arbitrarily makes a statement, which you may believe, but you provided no evidence for anyone else to consider. Are we to assume that you have all of the Truth, which you seem to infer and that the Catholic Church does not have any? If not you have no evidence,or nothing other thatn your words against theirs, then why should any reader, Catholic or otherwise, believe you and not them when they make their defense with evidence?

Anastacia: The Catholic church does not have the Truth. So how could they of sustained anything? (quoted from your post #730)

Amadeus:If you do not see everything that God is showing and hear everyting that God is saying then you cannot always move in His direction... and you will not know when your are in error until, [when and if He does], He lets you know. Partially vision or partial hearing will not gets us where God wants us to be unless we are fully submitted to God. Fully submitted people never sin. We do not have to know that we are telling or living a falsehood in order for it to be a lie. This is why as less than an overcomer can never walk alone in God's Way!

I am also talking about men teaching things wrong about what God says! According to some sources there are not less than 30,000 Christian denominations all supposedly BIble based, but they are holding and teaching a mutitude of opposing doctrines based on that same Bible. Isn't it likely that some, if not all, of them are telling lies, at least, in part, even if not purposely? We are we to presume based on our tiny bit of knowledge that the Catholic Church or any one church is more in the wrong than another? Who can really know these things, but God alone?

Anastacia: Read the Bible! If you still can't tell what the Truth is---then stand back! And let others speak about what they want. Even the Catholics are free to do that. Stop trying to stop me. Again, what on earth are you doing in this group? Strange....

How many Catholics from this forum have you converted to your beliefs lately? That is your purpose, isn't it because you are so certain that you are completely right and they are completely wrong? You don't have to answer, because without any input from the Catholics here, [or any ex-Catholics if there were any due to your efforts] you and I both know that the answer is none, zero!

"What doest thou here, Elijah?" I Kings 19:9

Amadeus: If anyone with whom you speak is already condemned as your words would seem to indicate, why do you bother to continue condemning them? Aren't they then condemned already or did Jesus lie? Unlike the rest of us, Jesus never lied. Sharing what God has given us and discussing our differences with someone who wants to discuss them with you is one thing, but to condemn them is quite another, isn't it? God already spoke it once and repetition is not required,

Anastacia: You are something else. Do I not spend a lot of time trying to explain carefully to the Catholics here? Yes I do! A lot of my time and patience! Did I not post scripture to them? Yes, and I posted scripture about coming out of her. How is that condemning someone? You lie about me. You have condemned them what you said in your post here.

Yes, you have spent a lot of time here talking with the Catholics and your purpose may even be commendable in a sense, but how patient you are is another thing, isn't? I wonder what the Catholics involved would think of your patience and your lack of condemning words!

Anastacia: You are having a hard time with the truth. Why is that? Are you practicing some falseness yourself? Is it that you have read from other Christians that one or more of your beliefs are false? I think you have been exposed.

We come back to the question of just what Truth is. Jesus said that He was Truth, but how well does any one of us here really know Jesus and therefore the Truth? How clear is the darkened glass that we all looking through? Are any of us so far progressed in our walk toward Him that we would not be consumed completely by full exposure to our God who is a "consuming fire"?
Anastacia: Now since you have tried to slander apostle Paul, I'm done talking with you.

Did I slander Paul or did I mere put into words the doubts that the scriptures themselves left? To have have a doubt is hardly not the same as slandering is it? But... to make it clear for you I have the highest regard for the apostles Paul, Does this mean that he walked above sin from his meeting with Jesus on the road to Damascus until his natural death?

mcorba

Aug 7, 2010
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Pardon me, your majesty.....it's your humble servant, aspen (I am, but a worm)

But where is the evidence of these Christians that were killed off? And why did your PR keep so much Catholic doctrine if in fact, there was an Apostasy?

Aspen, they must believe the True church is the Gnostics....!!!!! :rolleyes:
Or perhaps they are very muddled in their thinking....big nasty RCC is to blame for everything!!

mcorba

Aug 7, 2010
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Wassamatter? Are your keys stuck or do they operate on auto pilot?

Marksman, you should become a politician, you are so extremely slippery at answering difficult questions -

you have an aversion to answering them. You do the - I Know the Truth - thing that anastacia has mastered.

Admit it, you cant answer the question can you? I am not aware of RCC killing Christianity, perhaps you could

enlighten us, rather than supply smart quips?

Wholeheartedly!!!! The rcc killed off the true church and left us with a spiritually dead organisation. That is why we had to have a protestant reformation.

Err, so it maintained itself on earth in what form, from what point, until the Prot Ref please?

Your big chance to Enlighten us....

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are guilty of the very things you accuse me of.....which makes you a hypocrite.

This whole list is full of hypocrisy.

Just the fact that you made a list about my so-called flaws shows a lot about you.

Take a look at your list....you really don't think you are a "one trick pony"?---you aren't budging from your Catholic beliefs. You really think that I have not tried to no avail to make my points to you?

Stop with your personal attacks. I'm not the topic. What's wrong with you coming here to judge me and call me names and make a list?

I am just naming behavior Anastacia - and I am sorry, but you made your self the topic when you hijacked the thread.

And true to form, you flipped the whole post back on to me - classic!

Way to punctuate my point!

Anastacia

Oct 23, 2010
Marksman, you should become a politician, you are so extremely slippery at answering difficult questions -

you have an aversion to answering them. You do the - I Know the Truth - thing that anastacia has mastered.

Admit it, you cant answer the question can you? I am not aware of RCC killing Christianity, perhaps you could

enlighten us, rather than supply smart quips?

Err, so it maintained itself on earth in what form, from what point, until the Prot Ref please?

Your big chance to Enlighten us....

You just have to throw in a rude comment to me.

As for Catholics killing people who disagreed with them---you aren't denying that, are you?

The Catholics didn't always do infant baptisms, but after they started that false doctrine, the Anabaptists would re baptize the Catholics when they grew up.

Do you think that the Catholics let the Anabaptists get away the doing baptisms biblically?

What happened to the Christians who didn't want to accept there being a pope?

Even though true believers were killed.....there are still true believers today.

I am just naming behavior Anastacia - and I am sorry, but you made your self the topic when you hijacked the thread.

And true to form, you flipped the whole post back on to me - classic!

Way to punctuate my point!

Get off me. Get on topic. Talk about scriptures and doctrines. What's wrong with you? Stop communicating to me in this way. This is a public group. We heard you...you think this thread was hijacked. You spoke nothing in this post about the Bible. Again, get off me.

mcorba

Aug 7, 2010
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Quote: You are in a religion that follows doctrines taught by demons -

Selene, it feels like we arguing with a bunch of demons!

How did the RCC kill off the true church, please do explain....

(I await more long, somewhat vague quotes about the Truth...)

----

Quote: You just have to throw in a rude comment to me.

Anastacia, its not rude to say you constantly keep telling us what the Truth is without realising how pious you sound -

You keep saying you want to help us, well we are trying to help you too...

Quote: I am just naming behavior Anastacia - and I am sorry, but you made your self the topic when you hijacked the thread.

Amen to that! Gimme some truth.... :D

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Quote: You are in a religion that follows doctrines taught by demons -

Selene, it feels like we arguing with a bunch of demons!

How did the RCC kill off the true church, please do explain....

(I await more long, somewhat vague quotes about the Truth...)

----

Quote: You just have to throw in a rude comment to me.

Anastacia, its not rude to say you constantly keep telling us what the Truth is without realising how pious you sound -

You keep saying you want to help us, well we are trying to help you too...

Quote: I am just naming behavior Anastacia - and I am sorry, but you made your self the topic when you hijacked the thread.

Amen to that! Gimme some truth.... :D

haha

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amadeus: I don't support all Catholic beliefs, but I know that scarcely a Christian assembly or organization exists under the catch all umbrella word of protestantism that doesn't retain some or even many of the same beliefs that Catholics hold. To throw it all out would be what we might call throwing out the baby with the bath water.

Marksman:There are 350,000 denominations in the world. Could you give me a list of those that don't hold to some aspect of catholic dogma?

No, I canot give you such a list, and neither could you!

In seeking common ground, I would suggest that you believe Jesus laid down His life freely to pay the price for the sins of men, as do I. I am also quite sure that all the Catholics and all of the protestant believers on this forum believe that as well. If you and everyone else on the foru can yes, we believe that we have accomplished something, haven't we?

Amadeus: It be would be wrong based on scripture alone to assume that Paul never committed another sin after meeting Jesus on the road to Damascus! How many people have you met who have definitely never sinned again after meeting Jesus for the first time?

marksman: No one said he didn't. It was said he didn't KILL anyone after the Damascus road conversion. Try and keep to the facts stated and not cast aspersions with a slight of hand and hope no one will notice.

Why do you suspect that i will some way attempt to trick you... with as you call it, "slight of hand"? I really am here to share what I believe that I have. I would hope that that is also your purpose in being here. What good will trickery accomplish in the eyes of God? We cannot "trick" God and if we are trusting in Him fully all of the time we cannot be "tricked" either. Of course, the two conditions for never being "tricked" must be met: "trusting Him fully and "all of the time"!

As to stating the facts, i will certainly state them as I know them, but I readily admit that I do not know all of the answers with regard to the things of God. There are undoubtedly a some things that I know about God, but many things I only believe, that is why the scripture indicates that we are to live by faith, rather than by knowledge. What each of us knows of the things of God is in our heart and cannot be shared as knowledge for others do not know our hearts.

How do you know that Paul never a killed man physically or spiritually? we may believe that he did not, but we do not know it!

Amadeus: So what, are you patting yourself on the back because you believe that you always "worship the Father in spirit and in truth"? Don't look at only that verse, consider also this one!

"When thou art bidden of any man to a wedding, sit not down in the highest room; lest a more honourable man than thou be bidden of him; And he that bade thee and him come and say to thee, Give this man place; and thou begin with shame to take the lowest room. But when thou art bidden, go and sit down in the lowest room; that when he that bade thee cometh, he may say unto thee, Friend, go up higher: then shalt thou have worship in the presence of them that sit at meat with thee. For whosoever exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted." Luke 14:8-11

Marksmen: So where I sit is an indication of whether I worship in spirit and truth?

Absolutely! What criteria do you think God would use to determine who is to be promoted and who is to remain at the bottom... or even to be cast into outer darkness?

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You just have to throw in a rude comment to me.

As for Catholics killing people who disagreed with them---you aren't denying that, are you?

The Catholics didn't always do infant baptisms, but after they started that false doctrine, the Anabaptists would re baptize the Catholics when they grew up.

Do you think that the Catholics let the Anabaptists get away the doing baptisms biblically?

What happened to the Christians who didn't want to accept there being a pope?

Even though true believers were killed.....there are still true believers today.

Get off me. Get on topic. Talk about scriptures and doctrines. What's wrong with you? Stop communicating to me in this way. This is a public group. We heard you...you think this thread was hijacked. You spoke nothing in this post about the Bible. Again, get off me.

Right....I need to get back to giving you material to attack......sorry Anastacia - you are now the topic. Maybe I should repost all of your personal attacks, just for fun......that is the only evil doctrine on this thread anyway......of course it would probably take up 28 more pages

Status
Not open for further replies.