Questions For A Catholic

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
Selene you are definitely losing it (as I thought you would under pressure). My advice is stick to answering questions (if you can).

Sorry, Marksman. You guys make me laugh sometimes. Afterall, even your last post made me laugh because NOW you're claiming to speak in metaphors. LOL!!!!! :lol:

Anastacia

Oct 23, 2010
Let's start with Holy Father. I happen to agree with you on this one.....However,,, I wonder if there's something the Catholics would like to explain as to why the priests are called father.

We've disgussed the bowing, where I disagree with you, I understand why you would hold that view.

As far as going on, sure, but if it's respectful, and you're not judgemental. Ready to start obeying? As if I'm not? You don't know me and my heart.

That's just it. You want to hear explanations why Catholics don't obey God. That's it right there. There is no reason not to obey God.

As for you okaying bowing to statues---that is going against what God says to do.

If you don't obey God's Word, and you make excuses why you and Catholics don't---then I do see your heart.

And who are you to judge me, then call me judgemental?

What is right there is the fact that having been shown up as a non-event when it comes to rightly dividing the word of truth, you resort to hyperbole, childishness and superciliousness. I suggest that you withdraw before you make yourself a complete and utter basket case. As I said, stick to answering questions, if you can, which I doubt.

The Truth gives us a sound mind. Selene sure is showing that she is becoming a complete and utter basket case.

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I am still waiting for answers to all these questions....

1. And where in scripture does it say to pray to the Holy Spirit? Just a straight forward answer of specific verses would be appreciated, not some waffle about, this that and the other.

2. That wouldn't be any chance your way would it, so like the rcc which has its people saying the same thing over and over and over again. And please don't say they don't. I have been in enough catholic meetings to know that they do.

3. Are you saying we should follow the teaching of scripture?

4. But you claimed all these saints are alive in heaven already. If that is the case, why do they need to be resurrected back to life?

5. And how do you imitate Christ?

6. What has the second death got to do with what you are saying? You are just making it up as you go along.

7. Where does it say in scripture that God approves of denominations?

8. Chapter and verse please for what you are claiming here?

9. Sorry, I don't have Cahters in my bible. Is that the catholic version?

10. How do you know he is a better man than me? I would like some irrefutable evidence please. Otherwise retract the statement.

11. Since when has a dictionary been a commentary on the bible?

12. And you said goodbye a long time ago so how come you are still here?

13. Can you show me where I said that?

14. That wouldn't be any chance your way would it, so like the rcc which has its people saying the same thing over and over and over again. And please don't say they don't. I have been in enough catholic meetings to know that they do.

15. Well Selene, what would you call this if not purile, infantile and very unclever?

16. Chapter and verse please. NOT WAFFLE.

17. Chapter and verse please that says you are to pray TO the Holy Spirit. NOT WAFFLE.

Sorry, Marksman. You guys make me laugh sometimes. Afterall, even your last post made me laugh because NOW you're claiming to speak in metaphors. LOL!!!!!

I am sorry to say Selene that your non-posts are confirming what we are saying.

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
Let's start with Holy Father. I happen to agree with you on this one.....However,,, I wonder if there's something the Catholics would like to explain as to why the priests are called father.

Hello WhiteKnuckle

I will be happy to answer your questions and clear up the misconceptions regarding "father" as Jesus said in Matthew 23:9.

Matthew 23:8-10 But you are not to be called rabbi, for you have one teacher, and you are all brethren. And call no man your father on earth, for you have one Father, who is in heaven. Neither be called masters, for you have one master, the Christ.

As you can see from Sacred Scripture, Jesus said, call no man your teacher, father, and master. It is not just father. Then in many places of the Bible, we see Jesus calling Abraham "father" (See John 8:56). We also see in the Bible that the Apostles call men "father" (see Romans 4:1 and Romans 4:16). We see in the Bible that St. Paul also calls himself a "teacher" and a "father" (See 2 Timothy 1:11 and 1 Corinthians 4:15). Therefore, since the Apostles called others and even themselves "teachers" and "fathers," then there must be a different meaning to what Jesus says in Matthew 23:8-10. If one reads further into the biblical passage, the answer is found there. It is actually found in the next verse (Matthew 23:11-12). Jesus is simply telling His disciples to be careful that when taking these titles, one should not use them with pride. In other words, it is okay to use the title "teacher, "father" and "master" so long as one does not use it with pride.

You may not use the title "father" when referring to your pastors; yet, you do use the word "father" when referring to your dad. You also use the word "teacher" when referring to your child's teacher. The word "doctor" is another word for teacher, and that is a word that is also used. Again, if you are to take Jesus' words literally, one should not be calling any man or human "teacher," "father," and "master." However, since the Apostles used these words because they understood Jesus clearly, we follow their example. Thus, we are not going against the Bible at all.

As for the name "Holy Father," I agree with you that this is used only in reference for God and only God.

However, when referring to the Pope, we are not addressing him as God. We call the Pope "father" because the Latin name for Pope is "father," As I've shown you through Scripture, it is okay to call a man "father" just as it is okay to call a man "teacher." The Pope is also called "holy" because he was called by God to sit in the chair of the Apostle Peter and all the callings of God are "holy"; thus, the name "holy father."

In the same way, we are called "the sons and daughters of God." Our brothers are the "sons of God," but this does not mean that they are Jesus for there is only one "Son of God." We are all children of God. We are God's family. Furthermore, all priests and bishops are also called "holy fathers," not just the Pope. My brother can be called a "son of God" despite the fact that there is only one "Son of God" (Jesus Christ). We are God's family. I hope that answers your question.

In Christ,
Selene

The Truth gives us a sound mind. Selene sure is showing that she is becoming a complete and utter basket case.

You mean....like speaking in metaphors when you say "kill off." :lol:

Anastacia

Oct 23, 2010
You mean....like speaking in metaphors when you say "kill off." :lol:

No, like cracking up, and following and defending things against God, and for lying about marksman and me. We know there is but One God. Can you ever stop bringing in lies?

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yes, I know that. And who did the Catholic Church killed recently in the 21st century? LOL!!!

Now, what was I reading about the terrorist catholic group called the IRA?

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
No, like cracking up, and following and defending things against God, and for lying about marksman and me. We know there is but One God. Can you ever stop bringing in lies?

Sorry, but I find it so hilarious when Marksman said that the true Church was killed off, and you agreed with him. Both of you did not know that Jesus promised to be with His Church until the end of the world. And when I asked how was the Church killed off when Jesus promised to be with His Church until the end of the world? What did the two of you do???..... Marksman is claiming to speak in metaphors. LOL! And you are now claiming to say "trying to kill." :lol:

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hey Aspen,
Did you see Anastacia's and Marksman's post? LOL!!!!! They didn't know that the Holy Spirit is ONE with the Father and the Word, and they're the ones always telling us to read the Bible! LOL!!! This is so funny! This is even more hilarious than Anastacia saying that Pius goes against the Holy See! Marksman think that the true Church was killed off, and he didn't even know that Jesus promised to be with His Church until the end of the world. LOL!!!!
Self congratulatons is no praise.

Anastacia

Oct 23, 2010
Sorry, but I find it so hilarious when Marksman said that the true Church was killed off, and you agreed with him. Both of you did not know that Jesus promised to be with His Church until the end of the world. And when I asked how was the Church killed off when Jesus promised to be with His Church until the end of the world? What did the two of you do???..... Marksman is claiming to speak in metaphors. LOL! And you are now claiming to say "trying to kill." :lol:

You are in a religion that follows doctrines taught by demons. No wonder you can have it explained to you what I said and believe, yet you still don't get it.

Maybe you need more pictures to show the wickedness of your church? Maybe that will get you to stop getting hysterical with laughter?

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
You are in a religion that follows doctrines taught by demons. No wonder you can have it explained to you what I said and believe, yet you still don't get it.

Maybe you need more pictures to show the wickedness of your church? Maybe that will get you to stop getting hysterical with laughter?

My sister, those pictures never bothered me. But some of the things that you and Marksman said do make me laugh. :D Lighten up. It's the Christmas season. Don't be a humbug. Learn to laugh at your own mistakes. I do it all the time. Life is too short to be angry and full of hatred. :)

Anastacia

Oct 23, 2010
My sister, those pictures never bothered me. But some of the things that you and Marksman said do make me laugh. :D Lighten up. It's the Christmas season. Don't be a humbug. Learn to laugh at your own mistakes. I do it all the time. Life is too short to be angry and full of hatred. :)

Who is full of hatred? Could it be you? Usually what people falsely accuse others of---it is what they are guilty of. You are the one laughing hysterically at others. I take the Word of God seriously.

Now look at these pictures. See what your relgion does. Instead of laughing hysterically over Marksman and me....maybe these pictures will give you a hard laugh.

tysk1.jpg

Skulls and a skeleton. Inside a Catholic Church in Munich in Germany.

tysk2.jpg

A blue eyed skeleton in a box, with the mouth region and teeth covered with jewels.

tysk3.jpg

The skull is dressed up for veneration.

The Catholic church digs up their buried. Then they put them on display to be bowed to (venerated). The Catholic church teaches that healings can come from holy bones such as these.

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
Who is full of hatred? Could it be you? Usually what people falsely accuse others of---it is what they are guilty of. You are the one laughing hysterically at others. I take the Word of God seriously.

Now look at these pictures. See what your relgion does.

As I said, those pictures never bothered me. They just take up space in the forum board. My sister, I did not accuse you of any false thing. What false thing did I accuse you of when you did agree with Marksman about the true Church being killed off. I still remember you posting that Pius disagreed with the Holy See. And you did post that. That is the truth. What you posted about Pius X was so so funny! Pius X disagreed with the Holy See....and you did not even realize that he was the Holy See. :lol:

You can call the Catholic Church evil if you want.....after all, look at who it is coming from? It's coming from someone who said that Pius X disagreed with the Holy See. LOL!!!!

WhiteKnuckle

Mar 29, 2009
That's just it. You want to hear explanations why Catholics don't obey God. That's it right there. There is no reason not to obey God.

As for you okaying bowing to statues---that is going against what God says to do.

If you don't obey God's Word, and you make excuses why you and Catholics don't---then I do see your heart.

And who are you to judge me, then call me judgemental?

I'm not okaying bowing to statues,,,, not exactly, and especially the way you think I am. As I said I completely understand where you're comming from.
I'm also not making excuses for anyone. I'm being subjective and trying to learn and understand something of another culture.

It's easy for me to sit and expand on all the views I believe are wrong. It's easy for me to use scriptures to support my views. On the other hand, having a subjective attitude towards a curious subject and stating what I believe and my experiences, and comparing cultural differences, Is not disobeying the word of God.

Seems to me that the best way to understand anything is to have a conversation and keep an open mind. Keeping an open mind doesn't mean you have to agree with anyone, or even become a believer in what they believe. It's what most people call a dialog. You'd be surprised at what you'll find out about yourself and others if you would try something other than a onesided argument. Infact, you may get farther if you weren't argumentitive at all.

Maybe it's my nature or my curious mind. I'm subjective and I allow myself to consider anothers beliefs. I don't want to change religions, but at the same time I feel it's important to fully understand what another person means and where they get their ideas and information. Manythings I thought were evil in the past were merely misunderstood by me and my understandings.

None the less, rest assured I was not judging you by any means. None of my words even hinted at any sort of judgement. As a matter of fact, I have not been judgemental of anyone on this forum or anyother forums I've participated in. That's not my job.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not surprised. When you are brainwashed by catholic mumbo jumbo nothing will make sense.

'you catholics don't even agree!'

'you catholics are all brainwashed by your doctrine'

So which is it?

Anastacia

Oct 23, 2010
I'm not okaying bowing to statues,,,, not exactly, and especially the way you think I am. As I said I completely understand where you're comming from.
I'm also not making excuses for anyone. I'm being subjective and trying to learn and understand something of another culture.

It's easy for me to sit and expand on all the views I believe are wrong. It's easy for me to use scriptures to support my views. On the other hand, having a subjective attitude towards a curious subject and stating what I believe and my experiences, and comparing cultural differences, Is not disobeying the word of God.

Seems to me that the best way to understand anything is to have a conversation and keep an open mind. Keeping an open mind doesn't mean you have to agree with anyone, or even become a believer in what they believe. It's what most people call a dialog. You'd be surprised at what you'll find out about yourself and others if you would try something other than a onesided argument. Infact, you may get farther if you weren't argumentitive at all.

Maybe it's my nature or my curious mind. I'm subjective and I allow myself to consider anothers beliefs. I don't want to change religions, but at the same time I feel it's important to fully understand what another person means and where they get their ideas and information. Manythings I thought were evil in the past were merely misunderstood by me and my understandings.

None the less, rest assured I was not judging you by any means. None of my words even hinted at any sort of judgement. As a matter of fact, I have not been judgemental of anyone on this forum or anyother forums I've participated in. That's not my job.

You did judge me. And we can argue with others about the scriptures, apostle Paul did.

If you are not okay with bowing to statues, then stop defending those who do! You say you are trying to learn another culture?! The Catholcs call themselves Christian! They're not supposed to be about just another culture! They say they are the One True Church! They say they have the fullness of the truth! People have, can and do follow the Truth.

It is wrong to read what God says, then not do what God says. And it is wrong to defend others who go against the Word of God. You defend them and put me down. Why are you acting as if it is no big deal to say a religion is the One True religion, but go against what God says? And if it is no big deal to you....then stop judging others who know it's a big deal! Stop trying to stop those who speak up for the Truth. You should be glad I speak up and have shown you something, unless of course you can't see.

And I don't have to try to understand the Catholic religion as you say. I was a Catholic, and I do understand their religion. You think there is a mysterious reason why they do what they do? You think there is a mysterious reason that will let them get by with their going against the Word of God? Don't fool yourself.

You say I should have an open mind? The road to destruction is wide. What don't you understand about I understand what Catholics do?

As I said, those pictures never bothered me. They just take up space in the forum board. My sister, I did not accuse you of any false thing. What false thing did I accuse you of when you did agree with Marksman about the true Church being killed off. I still remember you posting that Pius disagreed with the Holy See. And you did post that. That is the truth. What you posted about Pius X was so so funny! Pius X disagreed with the Holy See....and you did not even realize that he was the Holy See. :lol:

You can call the Catholic Church evil if you want.....after all, look at who it is coming from? It's coming from someone who said that Pius X disagreed with the Holy See. LOL!!!!

Aspen is the one who started the Pius X statement....saying that Pius X was from an excommunicated church. Why don't you laugh at him? Laugh all you want at me, I don't even laugh at you and your religion's evil. You should be crying at the evil you follow. I can't laugh at you about it.....just can't.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Chapter and verse please. NOT WAFFLE.

but waffles are so tasty, master.....

All right, you don't have to keeep acknowledging my authority. Once was enough.

Oh I am sorry master! Please......please have mercy! Your language reminds me that I am but a worm - how can I respond to you any differently?

-your intellectual and doctrinally inferior, aspen (I am but a worm)

In other words Selene, there are no verses that tell you to pray TO the Holy Spirit. Thankyou for admitting to the truth.

Psalm 17:6
I call on you, my God, for you will answer me; turn your ear to me and hear my prayer.

Excuse me master, but isn't the Holy Spirit, God? Denying the Holy Spirit is divine seems like a bad idea to me, but what do I know....

-aspen (I am but a worm)
[font="Verdana][size="3"]
[/size][/font]

As you are not able to understand plain english and don't seem to grasp what metaphors are,

Have you met Anastacia, Master?

Give me a break - LOL

Anastacia

Oct 23, 2010
Aspen and Selene, You both like to personally attack since you can't back up your false, wicked and evil religion. You both are like the men you claim are your Fathers....popes who deny, ignore and twist the Word of God, and who follow things taught by demons. You do this to Jesus' commands, no wonder you twist and lie about what marksman and I say.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Aspen and Selene, You both like to personally attack since you can't back up your false, wicked and evil religion. You both are like the men you claim are your Fathers....popes who deny, ignore and twist the Word of God, and who follow things taught by demons. You do this to Jesus' commands, no wonder you twist and lie about what marksman and I say.

You really need to get know Anastacia if you are interested in reading personal attacks, Anastacia - you really are hilarious for someone so blind to your own behavior.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello again!

Errr... not quite! The Word of God is alive! The Bible has the potential, but until it is injected with the Spirit in a person it is dead, just another book on the shelf

Anastacia: What you said here is false. And what you say here contradicts. You think only the popes can give the correct meaning of the scriptures? You think the popes can give the true meaning of the scriptures when they add to the word of God? The Bible says to check the scriptures to see if what we are being taught is true.

Since I am not a Catholic , I pay little attention to what the Pope has to say. You should read my posts more carefully...

Amadeus: This is why an atheist can read the Bible and not understand it correctly.

This is why even believers can read the Bible and not completely understand every part.

This is why believers can read portions of scripture repeatedly and receive something new from God each time.

Remember these words!

"Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the LORD unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts" Zech 4:6

Anastacia: I like to try to explain what the Bible says, because the evil one comes and snatches away from people who don't understand.
The Catholic church and other false religions help cause people to not understand.

Matthew 13:19 When anyone hears the message about the kingdom and does not understand it, the evil one comes and snatches away what was sown in his heart. This is the seed sown along the path.

Your premise may be a good one, but you should be more concerned with following Jesus yourself than with attempting to tear someone else apart. Neither you or I can change a person who is error so that he will follow God better. As Paul put it:

"...God giveth the increase..." I Cor 3:7

Even Paul was still seeing through a "glass darkly", so how is it that you or I or Marksmen or Aspen can see clearly enough to always be right when giving directions about God to others. The only time and way that we can is when and if we have the Holy Ghost in us and we are following the lead of the Holy Ghost. Man's problem too often is that he gets so full of himself, that he plunges ahead on his on stumbling blindly supposedly for God, when he has either not learned to recognise the Master's voice or he is moving forward too fast to wait on the Lord to have his strength in God renewed as needed.

Anastacia: Catholics go against what the scriptures say.

Amadeus: Yes, but so do you, and so do I, to the extent that the Word of God is not written in our hearts and brought to Life in us by His Spirit. This lacking in Catholics and in you and in me, is the reason why we still sin instead of being sinless like Jesus was when He walked here 2000 years ago!

Anastacia: What on earth are you talking about saying "so do you"? And what on earth are you talking about when you say "the Word of God is not written in our heart and brought to Life in us by His Spirit"?! That is not biblical what you say, in fact, that goes against what God says.

Why do you argue me off the top of your head and not support your beliefs or conclusion with scriptures. You say what I said is not biblical, but you gave not a single verse to show me. I am really a big Bible supporter. As I have already said 3 or 4 times on this thread, I am not a Catholic . Al of my beliefs, I hope, have come from scripture by means of the Holy Ghost. You may not agree with me on every point and that is OK, but at least read carefully what I say and then attempt to give scriptural support for any disagreement.

Anastacia: You don't even speak as someone who knows the Word of God.

If I do not, it is not because I do not reading the Bible and talking to God daily. Even so, sometimes I know that I may be wrong .

Anyone who is not already an overcomer as Jesus was an overcomer [see John 16:33] and says that he is never wrong is certainly a liar. The real difficulty is that when we are wrong and thus lying a about it we usually do not even know it ourselves, until when and if God reveals it to us. [Consider here II Thess 2:11]. Remember that what Jesus overcame was His own world of the flesh in which He walked for 33½ years. He did other things besides overcoming His own flesh, but for any of those things to have the full meaning that God intended for them to have, Jesus being tempted in every point as we are, had to be an overcomer of all the obstacles that men must overcome to be able to see God face to face. He did it! We may be in process toward that goal with the Spirit of God working in us, but not many have as yet reached the goal. All of can block God out whenever we want and too often we do!

If anyone does the things taught by men in accord with the ways of men instead of the Way of God then they are missing the highway of holiness. This holds true for your or me or anyone, including Catholics. When your ways are always God's Way, then will you always be in a position to help Catholics and others who come short of God's glory!

Anastacia: I'm talking about what the Bible says. I'm talking about men teaching things wrong about what God says. You got way off.

"God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written , That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged." Rom 3:4

If you do not see everything that God is showing and hear everyting that God is saying then you cannot always move in His direction... and you will not know when your are in error until, [when and if He does], He lets you know. Partially vision or partial hearing will not gets us where God wants us to be unless we are fully submitted to God. Fully submitted people never sin. We do not have to know that we are telling or living a falsehood in order for it to be a lie. This is why as less than an overcomer can never walk alone in God's Way!

I am also talking about men teaching things wrong about what God says! According to some sources there are not less than 30,000 Christian denominations all supposedly BIble based, but they are holding and teaching a mutitude of opposing doctrines based on that same Bible. Isn't it likely that some, if not all, of them are telling lies, at least, in part, even if not purposely? We are we to presume based on our tiny bit of knowledge that the Catholic Church or any one church is more in the wrong than another? Who can really know these things, but God alone?

Anastacia: If you obey Jesus' commands, that's when you eat the flesh of Jesus.

Amadeus: No, we eat His flesh every time we hear someone speak the words of scripture or we read them ourselves. But... we are eating of a dead thing, which will remain dead adn will rot inside of us, unless the Sprit of God within us quickens [brings to Life] that dead flesh within us.

Anastacia: What are you talking about? The words of God aren't dead! We don't eat a dead thing, as you say! And we cannot just read what the Bible says, we must do what the Word says. When we obey Jesus, we eat from Jesus. Jesus is the bread of life. Jesus' words are life.

The printed words on the pages of any book, including the Bible have no Life in them. My mother had a family Bible that sat on her coffee table in her living room all the years I lived in her home, but no one ever picked up that book to read it. No one in that house ever received any Life from that Bible just because it was physically there. The men who originally wrote the words on which that Bibles was based were inspired by God. Those men had to have an inspiration from the Spirit to write it down. To read with understanding, God's understanding, also requires the same Spirit working in the reader or the listener. Some one reading or listening with the wrong sprit, [and there many wrong spirits] will not get God's message. If you have not seen that in some Bible students you need to talk with a few Bible reading atheists. Some of them know the Bible very well, but they do not know God at all.

James 1:22 Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says.

Yes, but without the lead of God's Spirit, we cannot accomplish a thing for God. Remember this OT verse?

" O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps" Jerem 10:23

Who do you suppose should be directing our steps? Should we memorize the Bibe in order to do things always God's Way? No, it won't work. Remember again Zech 4:6. It is not by man's might, or by man's power, but it is by the Spirit of the Lord! This is why Peter and the rest had to wait for that day of Pentecost described in Acts 2 to receive the power of the Holy Ghost promised in Acts 1:8.
Jeremiah 11:6 The LORD said to me, "Proclaim all these words in the towns of Judah and in the streets of Jerusalem: 'Listen to the terms of this covenant and follow them.

Did you hear God speak those saem words to your heart or did you only read what He said to Jeremiah?

"He that hath ears to hear, let him hear" Matt 11:15

"And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for [u ]they know his voice [/u]." John 10:4

We hear many voices, but not all of them are His voice. It is only His voice that we need to hear and to obey. If what we are doing conflicts with what you know is written in scriptures, can it really be that you heard it from Him?

"For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God." John 3:17-18

If anyone with whom you speak is already condemned as your words would seem to indicate, why do you bother to continue condemning them? Aren't they then condemned already or did Jesus lie? Unlike the rest of us, Jesus never lied. Sharing what God has given us and discussing our differences with someone who wants to discuss them with you is one thing, but to condemn them is quite another, isn't it? Gdo already spoke it once and repetition is not required,

Matthew 7:24 "Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock.

We should hear all that Jesus is telling us before to venture to open our mouths against someone else whosse heart we do not know. Are you familiar with these verses?

"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven" Ecc 3:1
"...a time to keep silence, and a time to speak" Ecc 3:7

Even Jesus who was the Word of God knew that there were times for Him to be silent:

"Then said Pilate unto him, Hearest thou not how many things they witness against thee?

And he answered him to never a word ; insomuch that the governor marvelled greatly." Matt 27:13-14

Luke 6:46 "Why do you call me, 'Lord, Lord,' and do not do what I say?

Where did Jesus tell you to condemne others who disagree with you or even other who were not walking with Him? On the contrary, what did He say to His followers here?

"And John answered him, saying, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name, and he followeth not us: and we forbad him, because he followeth not us.

But Jesus said, Forbid him not: for there is no man which shall do a miracle in my name, that can lightly speak evil of me.

For he that is not against us is on our part." Mark 9:38-40

Romans 12:13 For it is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God's sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous.

And what is it then that you are hearing? Do you "hear" from God immediately on every verse in scripture when you read it? I would sincerely doubt it.

Remember also these verses:

"Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breasts.

For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little" Isaiah 28:9-10

Anastacia: Catholics have doctrines that are unbiblical.

Is there any church group that does not?

Where does scripture say to erect a cross at the places where we worship with, or without, an image of Jesus attached to it?

Where does the scripture say to celebrate the birth Jesus in Bethlehem by giving each other gifts?

Where does scripture say to go to your local physician when you are sick in your body?

Where does scripture say in the New Testament that people must tithe? When scripture [Old Testament] does say to tithe, does it not also say that the tithes are to be given to the Levites? Who is a Levite today among the ministers of Christian assemblies?

Anastacia: There are churches that are closer to the Truth. I don't know everything about every denomination and non denominational church, and I check on everything that is taught. The Catholic church is against the Word of God. The pope is called "Holy Father"! How one can put themselves under a religion that sins like, or stay with a religion like that, after being shown, is beyond me.

Undoubtedly, there are differences in church groups and in individual believers! So if you believe that the Catholic Church is against the Word of God, then leave it alone. Who made you God's death angel against the Catholic Church or anyone else in error? Who made you the final judge against them who if they are wrong are already in condemnation?

"And now I say unto you, Refrain from these men, and let them alone: for if this counsel or this work be of men, it will come to nought:

But if it be of God, ye cannot overthrow it; lest haply ye be found even to fight against God." Acts 5:38-39

Well it will certainly keep many people away from Catholicism and hyposcrites in any church group will keep some people away as well. Just who is a "true believer"? Was King David a "true believer" when he took Bethsheba in adultery and when he had Uriah murdered? Are you or I "true believers" when after having received His Spirit, we trample on that Spirit in order to sin again?

Anastacia: I can't hardly believe you ask if King David was a true believer. I can hardly believe you don't think any one is a true believer. I guess you don't think God will seek and find any true worshiper? And you don't think what Jesus said is possible when he said "Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks." John 4:23.

So what are you patting yourself on the back because you believe that you always "worship the Father in spirit and in truth"? Don't look at only that verse, consider also this one!

"When thou art bidden of any man to a wedding, sit not down in the highest room; lest a more honourable man than thou be bidden of him;

And he that bade thee and him come and say to thee, Give this man place; and thou begin with shame to take the lowest room.

But when thou art bidden, go and sit down in the lowest room; that when he that bade thee cometh, he may say unto thee, Friend, go up higher: then shalt thou have worship in the presence of them that sit at meat with thee.

For whosoever exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted." Luke 14:8-11

Reactions: Selene

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry Amadeus - guilty by association

Anastacia paints with broad strokes...haha

Status