Questions for OSAS deniers.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Im still not seeing direct answers to my questions, but mainly the issue of OSAS deniers i have is that either they deny they ever sin anymore or they directly lie about repentance.
Is it really so hard to admit that you sin daily???

OSAS deniers, are so........BECAUSE...
There are Scriptures ABOUT Losing Salvation....and WRONGLY say, men received their Salvation, then lost it.
“They lost their Salvation, BY not continuing to Believe, and following through to Accept their Salvation.”
In fact, every Scripture they reference is about a person “BELIEVING” and then stopped “BELIEVING”......Believing is NOT HOW one RECEIVES their gift of Salvation ....... Salvation is received, via, BELIEF “AND” Heartful confession...

It’s an agreement between the Lord God and one man.
If both do not agree....there is no agreement established.

Losing SALVATION......IS NOT ABOUT receiving Salvation THEN losing it.
Losing SALVATION......IS ABOUT, Jesus bought and paid for FOR SALVATION for every single individual. IT IS EXPRESSLY every single individuals Gift.
It’s theirs already!

They have to REACH OUT and TAKE THEIR GIFT to possess it....
There IS a CUT OFF DATE... Physical Death.
If one did not reach out and TAKE their gift...they didn’t possess it.
Snooze, loose.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The question is not, can we lose our salvation....not be a Christian....the fact is that there will be Christians in hell.
That is not a fact but a FALLACY.

So you either don't know what comprises a Christian or you don't know the meaning of Hell. Eternal Hell is for the unbelieving, the ungodly, and the wicked.

Those who have been saved by the grace of God (and purely on the basis of the finished work of Christ) are redeemed by the blood of the Lamb, made children of God, and removed from the kingdom of darkness. Then they are kept by THE POWER OF GOD, because no one and nothing can pluck them out of the hands of God. See Romans 8.

Now in order to be saved God COMMANDS all men everywhere to repent. Without genuine repentance there is no salvation and no remission of sins. And repentance means TURNING AWAY from former sins and idols with the commitment to not go back. Jesus said to the woman taken in adultery "Go, and sin no more!"

At the same time, Christians are not rendered sinlessly perfect, which means that God had made provision -- and given directions -- for those who do sin. The first epistle of John makes all this perfectly clear. However, if a Christian persists in sin there are many "remedies" which God can apply and does apply. That is all a part of His chastisement, which may even include premature death -- "the sin unto death". But no Christian can ever lose his or her salvation, which is A FREE GIFT OF THE GRACE OF GOD.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is not a fact but a FALLACY.

So you either don't know what comprises a Christian or you don't know the meaning of Hell. Eternal Hell is for the unbelieving, the ungodly, and the wicked.

Those who have been saved by the grace of God (and purely on the basis of the finished work of Christ) are redeemed by the blood of the Lamb, made children of God, and removed from the kingdom of darkness. Then they are kept by THE POWER OF GOD, because no one and nothing can pluck them out of the hands of God. See Romans 8.

Now in order to be saved God COMMANDS all men everywhere to repent. Without genuine repentance there is no salvation and no remission of sins. And repentance means TURNING AWAY from former sins and idols with the commitment to not go back. Jesus said to the woman taken in adultery "Go, and sin no more!"

At the same time, Christians are not rendered sinlessly perfect, which means that God had made provision -- and given directions -- for those who do sin. The first epistle of John makes all this perfectly clear. However, if a Christian persists in sin there are many "remedies" which God can apply and does apply. That is all a part of His chastisement, which may even include premature death -- "the sin unto death". But no Christian can ever lose his or her salvation, which is A FREE GIFT OF THE GRACE OF GOD.

The Bible and I disagree. There will be Christians in hell. The New Testament does not address, non-Christians sinning and going to hell. No reason, if you are not a Christian....good or bad does not matter....headed to hell.

Last edited:

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul (whose words in the Bible were breathed into him by God Himself by His Spirit) says that absolutely nothing can separate Christians (those who are in Christ Jesus, placed there according to the will of God and by the working of the Holy Spirit within us) from the love of God in Christ Jesus (Romans 8:38-39). And Peter (again, whose words in the Bible were breathed into him by God Himself by His Spirit) says Christians are born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead to an inheritance that is imperishable, undefiled, and unfading, kept in heaven for them, who by God’s power are being guarded through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time. I still have yet to hear from any "OSBNR" (Once Saved But Not Really :)) a different, um, take on what Paul and Peter, who together wrote 15 (possibly 16, because Paul might be the writer of Hebrews but we're not sure) of the 27 books of the New Testament in addition to appearing prominently in one other, that being Acts) actually said at least in those two particular instances.

No thing can separate us from Christ.....He redeemed us....paid for us.....He will own us, when He decides if we are going to heaven or hell.

HisLife

Aug 24, 2020
Napier
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
The Bible and I disagree. There will be Christians in hell. The New Testament does not address, non-Christians sinning and going to hell. No reason, if you are not a Christian....good or bad does not matter....headed to hell.

Then you contradict yourself with your next sentance

No thing can separate us from Christ.....He redeemed us....paid for us.....

So with your theory, Either Jesus lied, Jesus sends himself to hell, or God sends the Holy spirit to hell, None of which is true, you said

The question is not, can we lose our salvation....not be a Christian....the fact is that there will be Christians in hell.

God does not take his promise back, the Gift is eternal life, Satan is trying to make God a liar, If he can send one Christian to Hell Jesus Lied, that's what he is working on and that's what your teaching, Jesus will not lose any his Father has given him

John 6:39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No thing can separate us from Christ.....He redeemed us....paid for us.....He will own us, when He decides if we are going to heaven or hell.
Yet another avoidance of what is... well, it's incontrovertible (Romans 8, 1 Peter 1). Nothing can ever separate those who are in Christ now from God. Period. From now and through eternity to come. And of course He's not going to hell, so neither are we. :)

Grace and peace to you.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yet another avoidance of what is... well, it's incontrovertible (Romans 8, 1 Peter 1). Nothing can ever separate those who are in Christ now from God. Period. From now and through eternity to come. And of course He's not going to hell, so neither are we. :)

Grace and peace to you.

I love the scriptures you gave and I agree with them. Great scriptures.
But read through them and see if you can find a verse that says, we can sin all we want and still go to heaven. Do you really think that heaven will be full of evil people. Where would good people and God have to go to get away from all the evil.
And I just said in post 24 that nothing can separate us from Christ. But Christ explained this in...
Matt 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father who is in heaven. Doeth the will of my Father who is in heaven...words mean things!

And what can you do that will prevent you from inheriting the kingdom of heaven.....again words mean things!

2Cor:5:10: For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

1st Corinthians 6:9-10 “Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will not inherit the kingdom of God.”

Galatians 5:21 “Now the deeds of the flesh are evident, which are: immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, disputes, dissensions, factions, envying, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these, of which I forewarn you, just as I have forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.”

Revelation 21:8
But for the cowardly and unbelieving and abominable and murderers and immoral persons and sorcerers and idolaters and all liars, their part will be in the lake that burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”

To think that the Son of God was nailed to that cross to promote a religion of sin or even the tolerance of sin is more than ridiculous, it is what Satan would want Christians to believe. A doctrine of Satan. Sin and sin some more and you will be rewarded with heaven for being evil. Oh my Gosh, what to you believe hell is for? What do you think all the warnings about sin in the New Testament is about?

In the Old Testament it was all about removing the evil among them. Do you think that the Son of God turned over a new leaf and embraced sin and evil. How absurd.

1st John 3:8 the one who practices sin is of the devil; for the devil has sinned from the beginning. The Son of God appeared for this purpose, to destroy the works of the devil. So what do you think Christ is going to do with those Christians that practices sin on Judgment Day? There is no free pass for evil on Judgment Day. Believing in Christ is not a license to sin. Christianity is not a religion where sin and evil is rewarded.

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Great! Thank you. God be praised!

But read through them and see if you can find a verse that says, we can sin all we want and still go to heaven.
Yeah, there's always a 'but' coming. Hey. GrailHunter. Nobody ~ nobody ~ is saying that. That's a heresy called antinomianism ~ something I've said at least three times, here ~ and to my knowledge, no one is advocating that in any way.

... I just said in post 24 that nothing can separate us from Christ.
Great! So you are a "OSAS" too! That's great, because that's clearly what the Bible teaches. But that is not to be seen as some kind of license to sin, to "sin all we want," or even at all. Like you said, sin is sin, and words mean things. Of course!

Dude. Listen:

Once we are saved ~ once we have been born again of the Spirit, then we are of God, rather than of you-know-who. So then our desires ~ because we have been given a new nature/heart ~ are to please God, and to not sin, not for our own sake but for His! So we strive against sin. So we are not still sinners in the sense that we don't willfully go on sinning.

However, because of we are still in this fallen world and still not perfect (and actually far from it), we are still prone to sin. We can't, in this life, escape that, as Paul laments in Romans 7.

But because we are in Christ ~ we have been born again and are seated with Him in the heavenly places, as Paul says in Ephesians 2 ~ there is now therefore (because we have been saved) no more condemnation ~ consequences, yes, but no more condemnation ~ for sin for those who are in Christ Jesus, as Paul says in Romans 8:1.

NOTE: Regarding consequences, I hope you know as well as I do that God disciplines those whom He loves, even as a father disciplines his son, and through this discipline we are blessed by the LORD (Deuteronomy 8:5; Psalm 94:12; Proverbs 3:12; Hebrews 12:4-11; Revelation 3:19)!

And by the ongoing work of the Holy Spirit in us ~ His work that we call sanctification ~ we are being made perfect and complete, lacking in nothing, as James 1:4 says... like Christ. And God will bring this good work to completion at the day of Christ (Philippians 1:6).

Surely you see this; I know you can. So yes, there is nothing in the Bible that intimates even slightly that "we can sin all we want and still go to heaven." The very idea of "sinning all one wants" itself is indicative of being an unbeliever and not in Christ and that God is not at work, by His Spirit, in that person at all, but rather God has, as Paul puts it in Romans 1, given them up to dishonorable passions, to a debased mind to do what ought not to be done. And these folks are, as Paul puts it in Romans 9:22, vessels of wrath prepared for destruction whom God endures with much patience.

And why does He do this? Well, as Paul goes on to say in Romans 9:23-24, in order to make known the riches of his glory for vessels of mercy, which He has prepared beforehand for glory ~ even us whom He has called, not from the Jews only but also from the Gentiles.

What we could finally say, GrailHunter, is that not all those who might fit under the "OSAS" umbrella are the same, right? There are some "OSAS" who would rightly be classified as antinomians, or believers in antinomianism, which comes from the Greek meaning lawless. This is the teaching that Christians are under no obligation to obey the laws of ethics or morality, or, yes, to "sin all they want," really. It's very wrongheaded. Too, though ~ and you may not like this ~ antinomianism may be viewed as the polar opposite of legalism, which is the notion that obedience to a code of religious law is necessary for salvation. This is where you and some other posters here seem to fall, and is also a very wrong take on Scripture. Both antinomianism and legalism are errant extremes regarding the Bible.

I appreciate your thoughts. And I wholeheartedly appreciate all your Scriptural citations, but they fit perfectly with what I have just said. Scripture agrees with itself, you know. :)

Grace and peace to you!

Last edited:

Daniel Veler

Apr 17, 2021
Gulf port
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1. Which sins cause us to lose salvation?
2. If we lose our salvation whenever we sin, and we all sin daily, does that mean we have to be re-saved everyday??

im trying to understand this bizarre belief better.
The reason people dispute OSAS is because they have not understood God’s grace. Oh they say they have but they haven’t. How horribly miserable these wretched are. For they have no hope. There waiting for the day they die to see if they will recieve salvation.

Daniel Veler

Apr 17, 2021
Gulf port
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But read through them and see if you can find a verse that says, we can sin all we want and still go to heaven. Do you really think that heaven will be full of evil people. Where would good people and God have to go to get away from all the evil.
And I just said in post 24 that nothing can separate us from Christ. But Christ explained this in...
Matt 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father who is in heaven. Doeth the will of my Father who is in heaven...words mean things!

And what can you do that will prevent you from inheriting the kingdom of heaven.....again words mean things!

2Cor:5:10: For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

1st Corinthians 6:9-10 “Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will not inherit the kingdom of God.”

Galatians 5:21 “Now the deeds of the flesh are evident, which are: immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, disputes, dissensions, factions, envying, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these, of which I forewarn you, just as I have forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.”

But for the cowardly and unbelieving and abominable and murderers and immoral persons and sorcerers and idolaters and all liars, their part will be in the lake that burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”

To think that the Son of God was nailed to that cross to promote a religion of sin or even the tolerance of sin is more than ridiculous, it is what Satan would want Christians to believe. A doctrine of Satan. Sin and sin some more and you will be rewarded with heaven for being evil. Oh my Gosh, what to you believe hell is for? What do you think all the warnings about sin in the New Testament is about?

In the Old Testament it was all about removing the evil among them. Do you think that the Son of God turned over a new leaf and embraced sin and evil. How absurd.

1st John 3:8 the one who practices sin is of the devil; for the devil has sinned from the beginning. The Son of God appeared for this purpose, to destroy the works of the devil. So what do you think Christ is going to do with those Christians that practices sin on Judgment Day? There is no free pass for evil on Judgment Day. Believing in Christ is not a license to sin. Christianity is not a religion where sin and evil is rewarded.
You have not understood sin. Your like the scribes and Pharisees who define sin as everything. If you understood what God’s definition of sin was you would know the sins of the flesh verses the sin that keeps you from God’s righteousness.

Daniel Veler

Apr 17, 2021
Gulf port
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1. Which sins cause us to lose salvation?
2. If we lose our salvation whenever we sin, and we all sin daily, does that mean we have to be re-saved everyday??

im trying to understand this bizarre belief better.
The difference between those who do and those who don’t believe in OSAS is. The children of God’s hope is in salvation. Whereas those that don’t live in hoping they will receive salvation.

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have not understood sin. Your like the scribes and Pharisees who define sin as everything. If you understood what God’s definition of sin was you would know the sins of the flesh verses the sin that keeps you from God’s righteousness.

what???? Sin is sin. God doesnt separate sins.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Great! Thank you. God be praised!

Yeah, there's always a 'but' coming. Hey. GrailHunter. Nobody ~ nobody ~ is saying that. That's a heresy called antinomianism ~ something I've said at least three times, here ~ and to my knowledge, no one is advocating that in any way.

Great! So you are a "OSAS" too! That's great, because that's clearly what the Bible teaches. But that is not to be seen as some kind of license to sin, to "sin all we want," or even at all. Like you said, sin is sin, and words mean things. Of course!

Dude. Listen:

Once we are saved ~ once we have been born again of the Spirit, then we are of God, rather than of you-know-who. So then our desires ~ because we have been given a new nature/heart ~ are to please God, and to not sin, not for our own sake but for His! So we strive against sin. So we are not still sinners in the sense that we don't willfully go on sinning.

However, because of we are still in this fallen world and still not perfect (and actually far from it), we are still prone to sin. We can't, in this life, escape that, as Paul laments in Romans 7.

But because we are in Christ ~ we have been born again and are seated with Him in the heavenly places, as Paul says in Ephesians 2 ~ there is now therefore (because we have been saved) no more condemnation ~ consequences, yes, but no more condemnation ~ for sin for those who are in Christ Jesus, as Paul says in Romans 8:1.

NOTE: Regarding consequences, I hope you know as well as I do that God disciplines those whom He loves, even as a father disciplines his son, and through this discipline we are blessed by the LORD (Deuteronomy 8:5; Psalm 94:12; Proverbs 3:12; Hebrews 12:4-11; Revelation 3:19)!

And by the ongoing work of the Holy Spirit in us ~ His work that we call sanctification ~ we are being made perfect and complete, lacking in nothing, as James 1:4 says... like Christ. And God will bring this good work to completion at the day of Christ (Philippians 1:6).

Surely you see this; I know you can. So yes, there is nothing in the Bible that intimates even slightly that "we can sin all we want and still go to heaven." The very idea of "sinning all one wants" itself is indicative of being an unbeliever and not in Christ and that God is not at work, by His Spirit, in that person at all, but rather God has, as Paul puts it in Romans 1, given them up to dishonorable passions, to a debased mind to do what ought not to be done. And these folks are, as Paul puts it in Romans 9:22, vessels of wrath prepared for destruction whom God endures with much patience.

And why does He do this? Well, as Paul goes on to say in Romans 9:23-24, in order to make known the riches of his glory for vessels of mercy, which He has prepared beforehand for glory ~ even us whom He has called, not from the Jews only but also from the Gentiles.

I appreciate your thoughts. And I wholeheartedly appreciate all your Scriptural citations, but they fit perfectly with what I have just said. Scripture agrees with itself, you know. :)

Grace and peace to you!
[/QUOTE]

OSAS has to cherry pick all through the Bible to believe what they want. And it is not just a blatant denial of scriptures in the New Testament it is also a denial of the general theme of the Old and New Testament. It is an assault on the entire Bible. An assault on Christianity. There is no huggy bear kissy poo between Christ and sin. He is the gatekeeper, the judge that will send it to hell.

And those that preach this garbage and cause others to think they are safe to lead a life of sin because of them and go to hell of because them.....will be held accountable for those souls.....and will find themselves in the lower levels of hell.

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The reason people dispute OSAS is because they have not understood God’s grace.
Well, right, and they have not understood themselves, really, in terms of their own sinfulness, sort of in the same light as the rich young man in Matthew 19 who said to Jesus, "All these I have kept." But yes, agreed.

Grace and peace to you.

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OSAS has to cherry pick all through the Bible to believe what they want.
LOL!!! That's on you, Grailhunter. That's the very point ~ one of them, anyway ~ that I've been making to you and some others here.

And it is not just a blatant denial of scriptures in the New Testament it also denies the general theme of the Old and New Testament. It is an assault on the entire Bible. An assault on Christianity. There is no huggy bear kissy poo between Christ and sin. He is the gatekeeper, the judge that will send it to hell. And those that preach this garbage and cause others to think they are safe to lead a life of sin because of them and go to hell because them.....will be held accountable for those souls.....and will find themselves in the lower levels of hell.
Totally ridiculous. You agreed, and then said it was an "assault on the Bible and Christianity." Yeah, ridiculous. Okay, end of conversation. Wow.

Grace and peace to you.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Sin is what will send you to hell....you can study the meaning of sin there.

Daniel Veler

Apr 17, 2021
Gulf port
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sin is what will send you to hell....you can study the meaning of sin there.
I guess you have no understanding concerning the following scripture?
John 16:8

And when he comes, he will convict the world concerning sin and righteousness

and judgment: concerning sin, because they do not believe in me; concerning righteousness, because I go to the Father, and you will see me no longer; concerning judgment, because the ruler of this world is judged.

also be aware not to judge others. For you will judge yourself.

Daniel Veler

Apr 17, 2021
Gulf port
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
what???? Sin is sin. God doesnt separate sins.
You need to read the following scripture to.

and judgment: concerning sin, because they do not believe in me; concerning righteousness, because I go to the Father, and you will see me no longer; concerning judgment, because the ruler of this world is judged.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess you have no understanding concerning the following scripture?

also be aware not to judge others. For you will judge yourself.

Well since we are guessing....which is probably most of your religion. I "guess" you do not know what these scriptures mean or you have them lined out in your Bible....

Daniel Veler

Apr 17, 2021
Gulf port
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well since we are guessing....which is probably most of your religion. I "guess" you do not know what these scriptures mean or you have them lined out in your Bible....

You walk on dangerous ground. Judgment belongs to God and not you. You still haven’t understood God’s grace.