Questions for OSAS deniers.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Daniel Veler

Apr 17, 2021
Gulf port
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Peter 2:20-22.....
"For if, after they have escaped the defilements of the world through the knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled in them and overcome, the last state has become worse for them than the first. 21 For it would have been better for them never to have known the way of righteousness than after knowing it to turn back from the holy commandment delivered to them. 22 What the true proverb says has happened to them: “The dog returns to its own vomit, and the sow, after washing herself, returns to wallow in the mire.” (ESV)

Repentance is required for forgiveness. Repentance includes not repeating something that you asked God to forgive. It shows the repentance to be insincere. If you know better, but still sin deliberately, you lose your salvation.
The key word is knowledge. Understand that then you will have understanding into this scripture.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You walk on dangerous ground. Judgment belongs to God and not you. You still haven’t understood God’s grace.

Oh I agree. Some people like to keep their religion in a gray area. There is no right or wrong. Sin is certainly an optional lifestyle for Christians
There is a lot of that going on. And usually I say it is above my paygrade and usually Christ and the Apostles set it straight. But a lot of people do not like those scriptures, so they do not pay attention to them. Christ has no love affair with sin and evil. Now if you have a religion that you preach and people believe you and they end up going to hell over it, I will call the odds that all those screaming in hell will be screaming for justice for the one that showed them the path.

Now some times I use the word "you" and it is not necessary directed at the person I am conversing with...a hypothetical you. More at the heresy that they are promoting.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Peter 2:20-22.....
"For if, after they have escaped the defilements of the world through the knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled in them and overcome, the last state has become worse for them than the first. 21 For it would have been better for them never to have known the way of righteousness than after knowing it to turn back from the holy commandment delivered to them. 22 What the true proverb says has happened to them: “The dog returns to its own vomit, and the sow, after washing herself, returns to wallow in the mire.” (ESV)

Repentance is required for forgiveness. Repentance includes not repeating something that you asked God to forgive. It shows the repentance to be insincere. If you know better, but still sin deliberately, you lose your salvation.
That passage from Peter was to Israel, whom by the same Christ, are saved...but in two different "folds", differently. That word is not for the "other fold."

• The house of Israel was saved in death, of whom Christ was "the Last."
  • The "other fold which Christ must also bring", are not saved in death, but in life (by the Holy Spirit, the "other Helper", whom Jesus has sent), of who Christ was "the First." This difference is critical. These God has intentionally separated...even sending Christ to "only come for the house of Israel", which is to say, only in the world.
The words to each perspective group (the dead in Christ, and the living in Christ) must be "rightly divided." If not, it is not the gospel of Jesus Christ, or of Paul...of which Jesus warned the response would be, "I never knew you."

This is "all truth" "rightly divided." Don't be fooled by quotes of only a scripture here and there that are preached without reconciling all of the scriptures.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OSAS is Biblical. End of story.

OSAS is a doctrine of Satan....sin all you want and go to heaven....heaven full of evil.
Is that what you call redistricting? Heaven and hell full of evil.....what evil gets rewarded?
Where is God and good people going to?
Doctrine of Satan...Oh you can sin all you want....as long as you believe in Christ....that is why Christ was sacrificed so Christians can sin all they want and get rewarded for it. Oh my.... so sad that you would think that of God!

Daniel Veler

Apr 17, 2021
Gulf port
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh I agree. Some people like to keep their religion in a gray area. There is no right or wrong. Sin is certainly an optional lifestyle for Christians
There is a lot of that going on. And usually I say it is above my paygrade and usually Christ and the Apostles set it straight. But a lot of people do not like those scriptures, so they do not pay attention to them. Christ has no love affair with sin and evil. Now if you have a religion that you preach and people believe you and they end up going to hell over it, I will call the odds that all those screaming in hell will be screaming for justice for the one that showed them the path.

Now some times I use the word "you" and it is not necessary directed at the person I am conversing with...a hypothetical you. More at the heresy that they are promoting.
Grailhunter do you not even know what religion is? It I not what you think. Pure religion is defined in the scriptures as visiting the widows and orphans in their affliction and to keep yourself unspotted from the world. But let’s look at the word You. You makes it personal to someone maybe you’d be on safer ground if you choose your words better. There are sins according to the flesh, that’s what chastisement is for. Then there is sin that separates you from salvation. That sin is unbelief. That’s what sin is defined in John. That is the sin that sends you to Hell. If you think you have lived in a sinless state of the flesh you have greatly deceived yourself. One of the greatest command is to love the Lord thy God with all your heart. Grailhunter have you done that. Have you kept the sabbath Holy. Not one in pure thought? Examine yourself and see how many you have kept and how many you have broken. Know this for sure if you have broken the least you all guilty of them all. Do I condone the sins of the flesh? Of course not. Paul referred to himself as a wretched man because when he desired to good evil was present. When he desired to do Evil good is present.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1. Which sins cause us to lose salvation?
2. If we lose our salvation whenever we sin, and we all sin daily, does that mean we have to be re-saved everyday??

im trying to understand this bizarre belief better.

What you are believing is what is "bizarre." Your denomination denies Romans 6 and 8 completely, and takes Romans 7, which described those before Christ who were under the law, completely out of context

Jesus frees us completely from the old nature that sinned.
6 knowing this, that our old man was crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves of sin. 7 For he who has died has been freed from sin.

Daniel Veler

Apr 17, 2021
Gulf port
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is PURE BALONEY. No one preaches this nonsense.
Be careful in what you say your close to blasphemy of the Holy Spirit when you call him a liar. If you will ask the Lord for understanding he will open your heart to understanding. Many are called but few are chosen. You preach what you yourself do not observe. If you say your without sin you make God a liar. I will pray for you.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Grailhunter do you not even know what religion is?
Is religion for you sin all you want and get rewarded with heaven?

Then there is sin that separates you from salvation.

There is nothing that can separates us from Christ. You are thinking of it as a club. You check and check out. Once you are saved Christ owns you....He payed the price. Your error is thinking that you can sin all you want and go to heaven. Note the you...it is not a personal you. It is whoever silly enough to believe in OSAS.

That sin is unbelief.

Those that do not believe in Christ are already damned.

If you think you have lived in a sinless state of the flesh you have greatly deceived yourself. Have you kept the sabbath Holy.

I am not a Jew.

Do I condone the sins of the flesh?

Empty statement! You don't condone sins! You so funny. instead be good and do good. Do not tolerate sin. Do the best you can not to sin. Ask forgiveness for the very few sins you commit. Don't think that Christ's sacrifice was for you to sin all you want and expect to be rewarded for it.

Such a silly statement! No one is sinless. Oh my gosh! There is a difference between those that sin occasionally and those that live a life of sin and those that live a sinful lifestyle or those that think they can sin all they want and to to heaven just because they believe in Christ.

One of the greatest command is to love the Lord thy God with all your heart. Grailhunter have you done that.

I walk with Christ everyday.

Last edited:

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OSAS is a doctrine of Satan....sin all you want and go to heaven....heaven full of evil.
Is that what you call redistricting? Heaven and hell full of evil.....what evil gets rewarded?
Where is God and good people going to?
Doctrine of Satan...Oh you can sin all you want....as long as you believe in Christ....that is why Christ was sacrificed so Christians can sin all they want and get rewarded for it. Oh my.... so sad that you would think that of God!
No...the heavenly filter, is that "flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God."

But do not be confused by the dead and sinful carcass carried around by those of the living "who are alive and remain" in the world in God's service. "God is not the God of the dead, but of the living." This is a new thing since Christ sent the Helper. But having been born [again] of the spirit of God, they are not left alone, nor is it they who live, "but Christ who lives in them."

So, the mistake that is made by those who do not fully understand the salvation of God--is that it is God; and they are not only blaming the dead, they are also blaming Christ for doing what appears to be a pour job of covering their sins, which they "wish not to do" (as it was voiced by Paul), but has been allowed by Jesus, their salvation. And this their accusers do without regard to God whom could just as well have taken them out of the world, but has use of them.

Last edited:

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Be careful in what you say your close to blasphemy of the Holy Spirit when you call him a liar. If you will ask the Lord for understanding he will open your heart to understanding. Many are called but few are chosen. You preach what you yourself do not observe. If you say your without sin you make God a liar. I will pray for you.
What kind of a silly rant is this? Where did I say that I -- or any Christian -- is "without sin"? If you read my previous posts in various threads, I have told those that believe they are sinless that they are delusional. But that is a far cry from preaching that Christians can simply go on sinning to their hearts content (Grailhunter's baloney).

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What kind of a silly rant is this? Where did I say that I -- or any Christian -- is "without sin"? If you read my previous posts in various threads, I have told those that believe they are sinless that they are delusional. But that is a far cry from preaching that Christians can simply go on sinning to their hearts content (Grailhunter's baloney).

Grailhunter never said But that is a far cry from preaching that Christians can simply go on sinning to their hearts content
Is that what is called a lie? But this is what happens...OSAS twists the Bible and when you talk to them they lie. A horrible heresy that will be punished.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The key word is knowledge. Understand that then you will have understanding into this scripture.
The scripture is self explanatory....it is for the Jewish Christians and it was a warning not to repeat the ways of their forefathers.
Peter's words allude to Proverbs 26:11..."Like a dog that returns to its vomit,
The stupid one repeats his foolishness."
....and John 15:22 conforms that..."If I had not come and spoken to them, they would have no sin. But now they have no excuse for their sin."

We can lose salvation by not obeying the teachings of the Christ....carrying out sin deliberately, in full knowledge of the fact that it is wrong, means that there is no excuse....it means we have not repented if we keep sinning on purpose. We have to "endure" in faithful obedience "to the end" in order to be saved. (Matthew 24:13)

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
OSAS is Biblical. End of story.
How does anyone counter such spiritual blindness? If you sin deliberately after Christ has taught you what it means to be a Christian, then your belief that Jesus didn't mean what he said is pure denial of the truth.

Do you understand that "truth" is what Jesus taught....not what we prefer to believe by cherry picking verses of scripture that seem to back up what we want to be true.....that is self deception...playing right into the hands of God's adversary.

As Jesus said...."If I had not come and spoken to them, they would have no sin. But now they have no excuse for their sin."

'No excuses' means that we cannot ever justify our sin to Jesus. (Matthew 7:21-23)

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We can lose salvation by not obeying the teachings of the Christ....carrying out sin deliberately, in full knowledge of the fact that it is wrong, means that there is no excuse....it means we have not repented if we keep sinning on purpose. We have to "endure" in faithful obedience "to the end" in order to be saved. (Matthew 24:13)
Aunty, you have described the issue so well as so many do, that I have chosen to quote you, to give an explanation. I hope you don't mind (it is not all intended for you).

The scriptural issue that is so commonly not considered nor in agreement with your above statement and understanding, is that "it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me." Which can only be said, if "It is finished", and unless we are already in Christ as One, in whom is no sin. This is the rescue for sinners for these times of the gentiles.

The problem seems to be that those who have adopted the terms given to Israel (rather than those terms given to the born again), is that they see sin through the eyes of those who were never to be "dead to sin, but alive to God" in this world. So they know nothing more, because they have not seen the more that God has provided for those "who were once far off, meaning not Israel, His chosen). Thus, we who have heard and seen both narratives, those things that were spoken to others, and those spoken to us, separately and as being different-- now face these self-appointed apostles among the body, just as Paul faced down Peter, whom yielded to Paul, even going on to say that among what Paul preached "are some things hard to understand, which untaught and unstable people twist to their own destruction, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures." For which Paul himself goes on beyond what is said in the gospels and by the other apostles, to say to Timothy, "Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth."

So, we are not ashamed, but do also yield to Paul's instruction to the gentiles [as divided], beyond the gospels and all that has come before us--which we do applaud, but do not partake of, as if we were them, or them us, which are not to be joined together except beyond our unique salvation, with Christ "in the air."

He who has an ear, let him hear.

Last edited:

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Grailhunter never said ...Christians can simply go on sinning to their hearts content
Here are the exact words of Grailhunter:Your error is thinking that you can sin all you want and go to heaven.

Does everyone see an exact match? GH actually believes that Gospel preachers preach such nonsense. But that is delusional thinking.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
literally no one but you OSAS deniers think OSAS means you can sin all you want. I’ve never heard someone who believes in OSAS ever say thats its a license to sin.

Of course not! Because you are deceivers. You are not going to admit the truth.
Here are the exact words of Grailhunter:Your error is thinking that you can sin all you want and go to heaven.

That is the truth. That sin all you want will land you in hell.

OSAS is an absolute statement, no exceptions. For those that are living a life of sin or a sinful lifestyle...OSAS preaches a license to sin and rewarded with heaven. Why would they change? Guaranteed heaven if you believe in Christ. Some come to Christianity broken and from sinful lifestyles... If all you have to do is believe in Christ and you are quarantined heaven, why change?

This doctrine is Satan's trophy...Christians believing in Christ going to hell.

All those people lead down a path to hell because people preached the belief that heaven in guaranteed no matter what they do.

With all those people screaming in agony in a hellish fire. Do you not think they will want justice for the guy that told them that heaven was guaranteed....When one of these OSAS preachers are standing before Christ on Judgment Day....do think that Christ will laugh and say to those in hell, HA HA, the guy that deceived you and lead you to hell....I am going reward him with heaven! That is not the way it is going workout. He will join those in hell and what they do to him....who knows. At least tell them to put a bottle of barbeque sauce in the casket so the demons can sprinkle a little on ya so it tastes better.

What does OSAS preach....
That murders that believe in Christ are going to heaven.
That child molesters that believe in Christ are going to heaven.
That homosexuals and LGBTQ's that believe in Christ are going to heaven.
That rapists that believe in Christ are going to heaven.
That adulterers that believe in Christ are going to heaven.
That whoremongers that believe in Christ are going to heaven.
That swindlers that believe in Christ are going to heaven.
That those that spend a life of casual sex that believe in Christ are going to heaven.
ETC!

OSAS is a religion of immorality, it is a religion that promotes immorality, it is a religion of heresy.