Questions for OSAS deniers.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
OSAS is an absolute statement, no exceptions. For those that are living a life of sin or a sinful lifestyle...OSAS preaches a license to sin and rewarded with heaven.
Why continue on with PURE BALONEY? As I said, no one preaches this nonsense.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why continue on with PURE BALONEY? As I said, no one preaches this nonsense.

Baloney ahh! Ok then, set the record straight....is OSAS a guarantee of heaven regardless of your sins?

Do you believe these people are going to heaven just because they believe in Christ?

1st Corinthians 6:9-10 “Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will not inherit the kingdom of God.”

Galatians 5:21 “Now the deeds of the flesh are evident, which are: immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, disputes, dissensions, factions, envying, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these, of which I forewarn you, just as I have forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.”

Revelation 21:8
But for the cowardly and unbelieving and abominable and murderers and immoral persons and sorcerers and idolaters and all liars, their part will be in the lake that burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”

2nd Corinthians 5:10: For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Straight from the mouth (keyboard :)) of a dyed-in-the-wool "OSAS" <chuckles>:

Right OSASs (because there are wrong OSASs, because they believe differently because they misunderstand certain things in the true OSAS doctrine) believe ~ know, because Paul is very clear in Romans 6 ~ that:

We are surely not to continue in sin that grace may abound, that we who have died to sin are not to still live in it. And so we do not let not sin reign in our mortal bodies, making us obey it's passions. We do not present our members to sin as instruments for unrighteousness, but present ourselves to God as those who have been brought from death to life, and our members to God as instruments for righteousness. Sin, therefore, has no dominion over us , since we are not under law but under grace. We surely are not to sin because we are not under law but under grace, but, thanks be to God, we who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which we were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness. We now present our members as slaves to righteousness leading to sanctification.

This is straight from Romans 6. So the idea of "OSAS" (right OSAS) denying Romans 6 is ludicrous. Read it and you will see that, unmistakably and irrefutably, Paul is saying that even those in Christ are not yet sinless. If we were sinless, then why would it be necessary to tell those in Christ not to live in sin? Again, the very idea of, well, right OSASs like me, "denying" Romans 6 is ludicrous. We affirm it and rejoice in it!

What Paul says in Romans 6 leads him right into Romans 7, though. Seven does inevitably come after six, after all... :) And here, Paul bemoans his own sinful state, that, even though he is not in Christ, is still with him. By extension, the same is unfortunately true of us. We still, regrettably, are prone to do the very things we know we should not do, and we are still, again, regrettably, prone to not do the very things we know we should do. So we long to be free of this body of death.

This leads Paul directly into Romans 8 (eight inevitably follows 7... :)), one of the most wonderful, the most glorious, the most magnificent pieces of Scripture in all the Bible, in my opinion. Far from "denying" it, we are overjoyed by it! Again, the idea of right OSASs "denying it" is absolutely ludicrous. I could quote it all, but will limit it to the beginning and the end for the sake of time and space:

"There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. For the law of the Spirit of life has set (us) free in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and death. For God has done what the law, weakened by the flesh, could not do. By sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and for sin, He condemned sin in the flesh, in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not according to the flesh but according to the Spirit... we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to His purpose. For those whom He foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, in order that he might be the firstborn among many brothers. And those whom He predestined he also called, and those whom he called he also justified, and those whom he justified he also glorified... Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword?... No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord." (emphasis added)

The sure perseverance of those in Christ Jesus is irrefutable. Again, through all these threads, I have yet to hear anyone offer any alternative to "OSAS" doctrine. I know why, though... :) I think we all do.

Grace and peace to all.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luke 13:23-24 (NKJV)
23 Then one said to Him, "Lord, are there few who are saved?" And He said to them, 24 "STRIVE to enter through the narrow gate, for many, I say to you, will seek to enter and will not be able.

People don't have to STRIVE to be saved. They STRIVE to stay saved!

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luke 13:23-24 (NKJV)
23 Then one said to Him, "Lord, are there few who are saved?" And He said to them, 24 "STRIVE to enter through the narrow gate, for many, I say to you, will seek to enter and will not be able.

People don't have to STRIVE to be saved. They STRIVE to stay saved!

LOL!! Apparently God cant keep us according to kcnalp. Odd the Bible says the exact opposite. I believe paul talked about how nothing could take away just one of those God had sealed. Yet kcnalp says yes there is.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL!! Apparently God cant keep us according to kcnalp. Odd the Bible says the exact opposite. I believe paul talked about how nothing could take away just one of those God had sealed. Yet kcnalp says yes there is.
I appreciate you saying I can NEVER be lost. Wish I could say the same for OSASers.

Glad I read the Bible before OSASers got my attention.
Hebrews 6:4-8 (NKJV)
4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit (Christians), 5 and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, 6 if they fall away, to renew them again to repentance, since they crucify again for themselves the Son of God, and put Him to an open shame. 7 For the earth which drinks in the rain that often comes upon it, and bears herbs useful for those by whom it is cultivated, receives blessing from God; 8 but if it bears thorns and briars, it is rejected and near to being cursed, whose end is to be burned.

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I appreciate you saying I can NEVER be lost. Wish I could say the same for OSASers.

Glad I read the Bible before OSASers got my attention.
Hebrews 6:4-8 (NKJV)
4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit (Christians), 5 and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, 6 if they fall away, to renew them again to repentance, since they crucify again for themselves the Son of God, and put Him to an open shame. 7 For the earth which drinks in the rain that often comes upon it, and bears herbs useful for those by whom it is cultivated, receives blessing from God; 8 but if it bears thorns and briars, it is rejected and near to being cursed, whose end is to be burned.

incredible. You have NO discernment aposrently either. Hebrews isnt talking about falling away from the faith, its talking about the jews who heard the gospel, but decided to turn back to judaism.

OSAS isnt hard to understand, but i am convinced of 2 things about you OSAS deniers, 1. You dont believe in false converts. And 2. You all believe in easy-believism.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Right OSASs (because there are wrong OSASs, because they believe differently because they misunderstand certain things in the true OSAS doctrine) believe ~ know, because Paul is very clear in Romans 6 ~ that:

We are surely not to continue in sin that grace may abound, that we who have died to sin are not to still live in it. And so we do not let not sin reign in our mortal bodies, making us obey it's passions. We do not present our members to sin as instruments for unrighteousness, but present ourselves to God as those who have been brought from death to life, and our members to God as instruments for righteousness. Sin, therefore, has no dominion over us , since we are not under law but under grace. We surely are not to sin because we are not under law but under grace, but, thanks be to God, we who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which we were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness. We now present our members as slaves to righteousness leading to sanctification.

This is straight from Romans 6. So the idea of "OSAS" (right OSAS) denying Romans 6 is ludicrous. Read it and you will see that, unmistakably and irrefutably, Paul is saying that even those in Christ are not yet sinless. If we were sinless, then why would it be necessary to tell those in Christ not to live in sin? Again, the very idea of, well, right OSASs like me, "denying" Romans 6 is ludicrous. We affirm it and rejoice in it!

What Paul says in Romans 6 leads him right into Romans 7, though. Seven does inevitably come after six, after all... :) And here, Paul bemoans his own sinful state, that, even though he is not in Christ, is still with him. By extension, the same is unfortunately true of us. We still, regrettably, are prone to do the very things we know we should not do, and we are still, again, regrettably, prone to not do the very things we know we should do. So we long to be free of this body of death.

This leads Paul directly into Romans 8 (eight inevitably follows 7... :)), one of the most wonderful, the most glorious, the most magnificent pieces of Scripture in all the Bible, in my opinion. Far from "denying" it, we are overjoyed by it! Again, the idea of right OSASs "denying it" is absolutely ludicrous. I could quote it all, but will limit it to the beginning and the end for the sake of time and space:

"There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. For the law of the Spirit of life has set (us) free in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and death. For God has done what the law, weakened by the flesh, could not do. By sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and for sin, He condemned sin in the flesh, in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not according to the flesh but according to the Spirit... we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to His purpose. For those whom He foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, in order that he might be the firstborn among many brothers. And those whom He predestined he also called, and those whom he called he also justified, and those whom he justified he also glorified... Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword?... No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord." (emphasis added)

The sure perseverance of those in Christ Jesus is irrefutable. Again, through all these threads, I have yet to hear anyone offer any alternative to "OSAS" doctrine. I know why, though... :) I think we all do.

Grace and peace to all.

Blah blah blah....will these sin prevent you from going to heaven...
1st Corinthians 6:9-10 “Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will not inherit the kingdom of God.”

Galatians 5:21 “Now the deeds of the flesh are evident, which are: immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, disputes, dissensions, factions, envying, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these, of which I forewarn you, just as I have forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.”

But for the cowardly and unbelieving and abominable and murderers and immoral persons and sorcerers and idolaters and all liars, their part will be in the lake that burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Grace and peace to all.
[/QUOTE]

Blah blah blah no condemnation in Christ....so Christ embraces evil...so will these sins prevent you from going to heaven.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
incredible. You have NO discernment aposrently either. Hebrews isnt talking about falling away from the faith, its talking about the jews who heard the gospel, but decided to turn back to judaism.

OSAS isnt hard to understand, but i am convinced of 2 things about you OSAS deniers, 1. You dont believe in false converts. And 2. You all believe in easy-believism.
Partakers of the Holy Spirit are Christians!

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Partakers of the Holy Spirit are Christians!

“The other interpretation holds that this passage is written about Christians, and that the phrases partakers of the Holy Ghost, enlightened, and tasted of the heavenly gift are all descriptions of true believers.

This second interpretation is based on an alternate translation, found in the KJV and a few others, in which Hebrews 6:6 begins with the phrase if they fall away, with the key word being if. According to this view, the writer of Hebrews is setting up a hypothetical statement: “IF a Christian were to fall away.” The point being made is that it would be impossible (IF a Christian falls away) to renew salvation. That’s because Christ died once for sin (Hebrews 9:28), and if His sacrifice is insufficient, then there’s no hope at all.

In this view, the passage presents an argument based on a false premise (that a true Christian can fall away) and follows it to its senseless conclusion (that Jesus would have to be sacrificed again and again). The absurdity of the conclusion points up the impossibility of the original assumption. This reasoning is called reductio ad absurdum, in which a premise is disproved by showing that it logically leads to an absurdity. The weakness of this view is that the Greek text does not contain a word equivalent to the English if.”

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“The other interpretation holds that this passage is written about Christians, and that the phrases partakers of the Holy Ghost, enlightened, and tasted of the heavenly gift are all descriptions of true believers.

This second interpretation is based on an alternate translation, found in the KJV and a few others, in which Hebrews 6:6 begins with the phrase if they fall away, with the key word being if. According to this view, the writer of Hebrews is setting up a hypothetical statement: “IF a Christian were to fall away.” The point being made is that it would be impossible (IF a Christian falls away) to renew salvation. That’s because Christ died once for sin (Hebrews 9:28), and if His sacrifice is insufficient, then there’s no hope at all.

In this view, the passage presents an argument based on a false premise (that a true Christian can fall away) and follows it to its senseless conclusion (that Jesus would have to be sacrificed again and again). The absurdity of the conclusion points up the impossibility of the original assumption. This reasoning is called reductio ad absurdum, in which a premise is disproved by showing that it logically leads to an absurdity. The weakness of this view is that the Greek text does not contain a word equivalent to the English if.”
You know, I think OSASers are trying to convince each other of OSAS. So many warnings to Christians in the NT! If they couldn't be lost again there would be any need for the warnings if we can't be lost again!

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You know, I think OSASers are trying to convince each other of OSAS. So many warnings to Christians in the NT! If they couldn't be lost again there would be any need for the warnings if we can't be lost again!

i think your problem is you dont believe in false converts. Heres what you OSAS deniers act like;
Kcnalp: oh i believe the gospel, i’m saved!!!!
Next day.
Kcnalp: nah i dont really believe, i was just in a good mood at the time. Now i’m not saved.
2 days later.
Kcnalp: Hallelujah, i believe again and now i’m saved again.

Thats what you sound like. When in reality, if the above were to actually happen, we would tell you that you werent ever saved to begin with. Thats where we’d call you a false convert and be on our way.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i think your problem is you dont believe in false converts. Heres what you OSAS deniers act like;
Next day.
Kcnalp: nah i dont really believe
, i was just in a good mood at the time. Now i’m not saved.
2 days later.
Kcnalp: Hallelujah, i believe again and now i’m saved again.

Thats what you sound like. When in reality, if the above were to actually happen, we would tell you that you werent ever saved to begin with. Thats where we’d call you a false convert and be on our way.
Is LYING part of the OSAS doctrine? But I knew an OSASer couldn't resist judging me as unsaved. That's what OSASers do. Anyone who doesn't swallow the OSAS lie has never been saved!

Last edited:

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Quoting an OSASer here: "If I died when I didn’t believe I would have gone to Heaven because there was One Time That I DID Believe.....that’s all it takes...."

Satanic indeed!

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is LYING part of the OSAS doctrine? But I knew an OSASer couldn't resist judging me as unsaved. That's what OSASers do. Anyone who doesn't swallow the OSAS lie has never been saved!

how old are you?? Can you not understand that it was an EXAMPLE. I never said you are or arent saved, i merely gave an EXAMPLE of what you people sound like.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
how old are you?? Can you not understand that it was an EXAMPLE. I never said you are or arent saved, i merely gave an EXAMPLE of what you people sound like.
I understood. You made up a LYING story about me. You people? But that's ok, OSASers can do anything and never lose their salvation, right?

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so an example is now a lie???? Ok there cupcake. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Your story was a LIE about me. Did you forget that you mentioned me?

"i think your problem is you dont believe in false converts. Heres what you OSAS deniers act like;
Next day.
Kcnalp: nah i dont really believe, i was just in a good mood at the time. Now i’m not saved.
2 days later.
Kcnalp: Hallelujah, i believe again and now i’m saved again."

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Baloney ahh! Ok then, set the record straight....is OSAS a guarantee of heaven regardless of your sins?
It is indeed but I don't think you'll get any of them to admit it. But one in this forum did say: "If I died when I didn’t believe I would have gone to Heaven because there was One Time That I DID Believe.....that’s all it takes...."