Questions for Sabbatarians

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And with the changing of the priesthood, God’s Word tells us there is also a change of the law.

Hebrews 7:12
For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.

Can't be the same law.

Verses 16-18 of Hebrews 7 says the law that is being changed is carnal/fleshly, weak, and unprofitable:

Heb 7:16-18
16 Who is made, not after the law of a carnal commandment, but after the power of an endless life. 17 For he testifieth, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec. 18 For there is verily a disannulling of the commandment going before for the weakness and unprofitableness thereof.

But Romans 7 says that the law is spiritual, holy, just and good.

Rom 7:12-14
12 Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good. 13 Was then that which is good made death unto me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful. 14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.

Verse 14 even directly contrasts "spiritual" with "carnal," thoroughly impeaching the theory that Hebrews 7 is talking about the moral law being changed.

Are we really supposed to believe that "carnal" = "spiritual" and that "weak and unprofitable" = "holy, just, and good?"

I'm just reading the Bible here—no Sabbatarian hocus-pocus required.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can't be the same law.

Verses 16-18 of Hebrews 7 says the law that is being changed is carnal/fleshly, weak, and unprofitable:

16 Who is made, not after the law of a carnal commandment, but after the power of an endless life. 17 For he testifieth, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec. 18 For there is verily a disannulling of the commandment going before for the weakness and unprofitableness thereof.

12 Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good. 13 Was then that which is good made death unto me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful. 14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.

Verse 14 even directly contrasts "spiritual" with "carnal," thoroughly impeaching the theory that Hebrews 7 is talking about the moral law being changed.

Are we really supposed to believe that "carnal" = "spiritual" and that "weak and unprofitable" = "holy, just, and good?"

Hi Barn, :waves:

Do you feel a change in your soul lately? I'm feeling just like I did when I was born again of the Spirit in 1977. I can't get enough of the Bible. Also I can literally see the final touches of the Author and Finisher's work in me. This is why I am going to church both days on the weekend! joy:

• Love
Reactions: BarneyFife

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is why I am going to church both days on the weekend!

If you attend on Sunday... the SDA peoples will claim you have taken the mark of the beast and are doomed to hell.

So it's best to not go on Sunday and instead go on Saturday only... you know, so you don't end up in hell like the SDA peoples claim. clueless-doh.gif

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
If you attend on Sunday... the SDA peoples will claim you have taken the mark of the beast and are doomed to hell.

So it's best to not go on Sunday and instead go on Saturday only... you know, so you don't end up in hell like the SDA peoples claim.
clueless-doh.gif

Good post - you're so honest. Heap them up. You know like those people who never throw away anything---not even a beer bottle cap or beer can.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Big Boy Johnson said:

So it's best to not go on Sunday and instead go on Saturday only... you know, so you don't end up in hell like the SDA peoples claim.

It's because of four-flushers like you that people believe this swill.

We've come a long way from your BOGUS "Questions For Sabbatarians," haven't we?

Last edited:

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey Barn, what's a "four-flusher"?
Well, Sis, it's an old-fashioned slang term for someone who's not too honest.

There are several theories as to its origin (
and of course, no one knows who started it), but my favorite is that when they go to the restroom, they're so "full of it" that the operation requires four flushes. :p

'
google-smiling-face-with-heart-shaped-eyes-960d-mysmiley-net.png

'

• Haha
Reactions: 1stCenturyLady

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can't be the same law.

It is not that the Law of God changed, but where you have those moral laws?

Are they in your mind without anything supernatural changing your nature and you keep those moral laws by your willpower.

Or are they supernaturally written on your heart, cleansing your sin nature to a nature partaking of the divine nature of God so you only want to do righteousness and abide in Jesus.

Then after you you've been freed from the carnal flesh through the Holy Spirit supernaturally, Jesus starts bit by bit maturing the fruit of the spirit towards perfection where you will never stumble. See 2 Peter 1:5-11 This is true for ALL denominations.

5 But also for this very reason, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue, to virtue knowledge, 6 to knowledge self-control, to self-control perseverance, to perseverance godliness, 7 to godliness brotherly kindness, and to brotherly kindness love. 8 For if these things are yours and abound, you will be neither barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 For he who lacks these things is shortsighted, even to blindness, and has forgotten that he was cleansed from his old sins.

10 Therefore, brethren, be even more diligent to make your call and election sure, for if you do these things you will never stumble; 11 for so an entrance will be supplied to you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, Sis, it's an old-fashioned slang term for someone who's not too honest.

There are several theories as to its origin (
and of course, no one knows who started it), but my favorite is that when they go to the restroom, they're so "full of it" that the operation requires four flushes. :p

'
google-smiling-face-with-heart-shaped-eyes-960d-mysmiley-net.png

'
:jest:

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Big Boy Johnson said:
Some folks see their pet doctrine disagreed with and they get their feelings
hurt so they have to try and damage those that disagree with them somehow.

"try and damage" - sounds like an expression someone would seize upon to claim that "feelings were getting hurt."

The difference between "disagreeing with doctrine" and perpetrating a malicious falsehood about what 20+ million people believe and teach is clear to nearly everyone.

Well, except maybe for someone who would post something like this:

bigboyracist2.jpg

Because the xenophobia/bigotry is on full display here.
'
'

Last edited:

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Sadly...with all the amount of arguing and discussion on this topic, it would appear that those who insist upon keeping the Sabbath practice, see the immediate reference to it--by some sort of short scriptural attention span, and simply do not reconcile it with the rest of scripture. Meaning, these simply have not yet come to fully "worship in spirit and in truth."

Which is no real sin, and perhaps not worth arguing about. In fact, it's only a problem when they make half-truth claims and preach them as if they are the gospel truth. Unfortunately, we are then [scripturally] obligated to offer correction...fulfilling Jesus' proclamation, saying, “Do not think that I came to bring peace on earth. I did not come to bring peace but a sword." Unfortunately.

Historically then, yes, such is now the pattern for millennia--and the common comeback is to call "holier than thou" against those who are actually no holier, but simply recipients of spiritual knowledge which comes to us all, but not at the same time. Which is me denying to actually be "holier than thou." I claim nothing--except to the contrary, that God chooses the least of persons to actually carry the water.
THAT DROWNING THE VOICE OF THE LORD NOISE FROM THE WORLD, IS MY AND YOUR AND THE DEVILS' VOICES HEARING HIM IN JUDGEMENT.

Last edited: