Questions for Sabbatarians

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Yes, you could say that... but you'd be in error if you did.

The New Covenant contains the Law of Christ which is a high standard than the Law of Moses and as such the sabbath is no longer a one day a week thing. But, it's no problem for me if you choose to not come up to the higher standard fgound IN Christ... and remain trying to live under the Law of Moses.

I'm not a sabbatarian... I'm a New Covenant believer that understands we have been called to a higher standard that those living under the old covenant.

You folks are in error going around telling everyone they are being disobedient to the Lord for not observing Saturday sabbath. This shows you folks don't understand the scriptures. But, it's a free country so, carry on.

That's hilarious! View attachment 40964

So only adherents to the SDA religion... are saved right? View attachment 40965
You have no clue what you are talking or writing about. I shall only tell you, that you are mistaken, ignorant and clueless.
By the way, laughing has a spelling; it's spelling is laughing to death.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
What were these stones to commemorate?
"And he spake unto the children of Israel, saying, When your children shall ask their fathers in time to come, saying, What mean these stones? then ye shall let your children know, saying, Israel came over this Jordan on dry land." Joshua 4:21, 22.
NOTE: These stones were to be a standing memorial of that people's coming dry shod over the Jordan.
Eish man, stubborn soos 'n steeks donkie. You will go as far as the dry ground and there steek viervoet vas! LOOK UP look further, read on, give heed to God's Way with The Christ of God maybe two thousand years in future all availed as prophesied through Israel's commemorative as well as Soteriological, expectative, "BURIAL-OBSERVANCE" of "That Selfsame BONE-Essential Day and they ATE the passover on the fifteenth day of the First Month." Here, over the Jordan, typically exiting the desert land entering the Promised Land, typically COMING UP INTO and onto the promised land---the opposite of, when they exited the land where they had bread to eat and graves to be buried in, and "on the fifteenth day of the First Month typically DEPARTED OUT of Egypt to come up out through the Red Sea and was planted outside the Land of Darkness next day on the Sabbath Day.
But you stare yourself blind, like at the gravel of the dry hills of Gilboa, at the even dryer sand on the bottom of the riverbed of the Jordan river, the gravel of commemoration of oppression and slavery rather than of celebration of COMPLETED REDEMPTION. Because of this incomprehensible UNWILLINGNESS of yours to recognize and admit, and confess and magnify Jesus' RESURRECTION the only Bible-reason for the reality of God's Sabbath Day of Rest --- of HIS rest (and our, obligation).

God have mercy on us

Last edited:

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
The New Covenant contains the Law of Christ which is a high standard than the Law of Moses and as such the sabbath is no longer a one day a week thing. But, it's no problem for me if you choose to not come up to the higher standard fgound IN Christ... and remain trying to live under the Law of Moses.
So you are saying what you call the 'old covenant' which by the way I have never came across anywhere in Scripture, you say the Law of Christ was not the standard in or of the Law of Moses.
Well who can argue with you, considering you are such a free man to "choose" to have your own ideas and definitions and explanations of what the Gospel of Christ is---one thing about which you aver without doubting or hesitating in the least, is, that the - your - 'old covenant', IS DEVOID OF CHRIST, for example!
...and you claim you are a New Covenant Christian... Please forgive me but it's all unbelievable for me HOW YOU DO NOT FIND CHRIST JESUS THE SAVIOUR IN THE 'old covenant' viz., the Old Testament Scriptures. If Christ is not in the Torah and Prophets and Psalms etcetera, HE IS NOWHERE IN THE NEW TESTAMENT SCRIPTURES OR COVENANT for that matter.

Last edited:

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have no clue what you are talking or writing about. I shall only tell you, that you are mistaken, ignorant and clueless.
By the way, laughing has a spelling; it's spelling is laughing to death.

Man, you SDA peoples get all bent out of shape when faced with the truth!

Thanks for sharing your erroneous opinion that's void of understanding of God's New Covenant.
poo.gif

If Christ is not in the Torah and Prophets and Psalms etcetera, HE IS NOWHERE IN THE NEW TESTAMENT SCRIPTURES OR COVENANT for that matter.

You gotta get with the Lord's program homie! agree.gif

You failed to mention Jesus KEPT the entire law as to go to the Cross as having perfectly kept the aw... which is the fulfillment. It is finished (John 19:30)

Then He took the law and the entire old covenant away to establish a New Covenant which is...

Hebrews 3:5,6
And Moses verily was faithful in all his house, as a servant, for a testimony of those things which were to be spoken after; But Christ as a Son over His own house; whose house are we, IF we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm unto the end.

Now, there is a new house, the Body of Jesus Christ! Under the New Covenant that the Lord said would come forth, we see Jesus Christ as the High Priest. The old covenant with it’s laws and regulations have been taken away because thru Jesus Christ a new and better covenant has come in to place.

Hebrews 10:9
Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second.
(God said He would make a New Covenant - see Jeremiah 31:31-34)

Hebrews 8:6
But now hath Jesus obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also Jesus is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.

And with the changing of the priesthood, God’s Word tells us there is also a change of the law.

Hebrews 7:12
For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.

Hebrews 4:8-11
For if Jesus had given them rest (sabbath under the OT), then would he not afterward have spoken of another day.
There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.
For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.

Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.

The rest New Testament believers are called to is... to abide IN Christ, living by faith and faith is action!

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
...and you claim you are a New Covenant Christian... Please forgive me but it's all unbelievable for me HOW YOU DO NOT FIND CHRIST JESUS THE SAVIOUR IN THE 'old covenant' THE VERY GIST AND ESSENCE OF IT---you should call yourself a Jew or at best a 'messianic christian', not a 'New Covenant Christian'.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Man, you SDA peoples get all bent out of shape when faced with the truth!

Thanks for sharing your erroneous opinion that's void of understanding of God's New Covenant.
View attachment 40992

You gotta get with the Lord's program homie! View attachment 40993

You failed to mention Jesus KEPT the entire law as to go to the Cross as having perfectly kept the aw... which is the fulfillment. It is finished (John 19:30)

Then He took the law and the entire old covenant away to establish a New Covenant which is...

Hebrews 3:5,6
And Moses verily was faithful in all his house, as a servant, for a testimony of those things which were to be spoken after; But Christ as a Son over His own house; whose house are we, IF we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm unto the end.

Now, there is a new house, the Body of Jesus Christ! Under the New Covenant that the Lord said would come forth, we see Jesus Christ as the High Priest. The old covenant with it’s laws and regulations have been taken away because thru Jesus Christ a new and better covenant has come in to place.

Hebrews 10:9
Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second.
(God said He would make a New Covenant - see Jeremiah 31:31-34)

Hebrews 8:6
But now hath Jesus obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also Jesus is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.

And with the changing of the priesthood, God’s Word tells us there is also a change of the law.

Hebrews 7:12
For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.

Hebrews 4:8-11
For if Jesus had given them rest (sabbath under the OT), then would he not afterward have spoken of another day.
There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.
For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.
Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.

The rest New Testament believers are called to is... to abide IN Christ, living by faith and faith is action!
All you do is keep on telling how Christless the Law and the Prophets are, in order to prove the New Covenant according to you, is Sabbathless. That's not logic, no sober reason, irrelevant surmising, wishfulness and, NOT Scripture!
Now stop YOUR FRAUD and stop improving and twisting and replacing and destroying WHAT IS, WRITTEN---"For if Jesus had given them rest (sabbath under the OT), then would he not afterward have spoken of another day.".
Your big head thinks all the others are turtle head twistians. Where you come from it is all emotion ruling with an iron fist. You cannot bluff - you betray yourself and expose yourself for savage slaughter. You are warned: Don't mess with the Word of God, his double edged Sword of His Written Word is sharper than you could ever imagine and thirsty for you blood.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...and you claim you are a New Covenant Christian... Please forgive me but it's all unbelievable for me HOW YOU DO NOT FIND CHRIST JESUS THE SAVIOUR IN THE 'old covenant' THE VERY GIST AND ESSENCE OF IT---you should call yourself a Jew or at best a 'messianic christian', not a 'New Covenant Christian'.

God's Word... is of course in the old covenant... but once Jesus came in the flesh, He has replaced Moses as the High Priest over God's people as he establish a New Covenant and has changed the law from the Law of Moses to the Law of Christ.

The not a 'New Covenant Christian moniker is yours homie! hello.gif

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All you do is keep on telling how Christless the Law and the Prophets are, in order to prove the New Covenant according to you, is Sabbathless. That's not logic, no sober reason, irrelevant surmising, wishfulness and, NOT Scripture!
Now stop YOUR FRAUD and stop improving and twisting and replacing and destroying WHAT IS, WRITTEN---"For if Jesus had given them rest (sabbath under the OT), then would he not afterward have spoken of another day.".
Your big head thinks all the others are turtle head twistians. Where you come from it is all emotion ruling with an iron fist. You cannot bluff - you betray yourself and expose yourself for savage slaughter. You are warned: Don't mess with the Word of God, his double edged Sword of His Written Word is sharper than you could ever imagine and thirsty for you blood.

What a fresh load of horse hockey that all is... you got that comedy thing going smile-grin12.gif

If you're put that energy in to studying God's Word for your self rather than reading the letters from the SDA home office (required reading apparently so one doesn't get dis fellow shipped)... you might learn something.

Wake up homie... we not in the old covenant no mo! disagree.gif

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
God's double edged Sword of His Written Word is sharper than you could ever imagine and thirsty for you blood.
IT CUTS TO AND FRO! Here: You: <"For if Jesus had given them rest (sabbath under the OT), then would he not afterward have spoken of another day."> Now you placed this here, so I ask you, was it <JESUS> who had given them rest (sabbath under the OT)>?
My o my...

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God's double edged Sword of His Written Word is sharper than you could ever imagine and thirsty for you blood.
IT CUTS TO AND FRO! Here: You: <"For if Jesus had given them rest (sabbath under the OT), then would he not afterward have spoken of another day."> Now you placed this here, so I ask you, was it <JESUS> who had given them rest (sabbath under the OT)>?
My o my...

Well, I hope you get some understanding there bud... I really do.

You're getting kinda nutzo over there... you're not going to be doing something crazy that we all hear about on the evening news are you? clueless-scratching.gif

Last edited:

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
God's Word... is of course in the old covenant... but once Jesus came in the flesh, He has replaced Moses as the High Priest over God's people as he establish a New Covenant and has changed the law from the Law of Moses to the Law of Christ.
EXACTLY what I and every of these Sabbatarians here say, claim and maintain, EXACTLY WHAT!

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Besides, it's not like the Saturday Sabbath was a commandment given to those other than the children of Israel....
Name the posters on this thread who do not believe, 'the Saturday Sabbath was a commandment given to those other than the children of Israel'. Say who they are and what they say contrary your statement, <the Saturday Sabbath was a commandment given to those other than the children of Israel...>

Get yourself a laser record player, they don't get stuck in grooves or track potholes like the old wind-up ones used to. GET OFF YOUR "LAW" chainsaw bicycle! Have you no word to speak on behalf of or for the Gospel other than I this I that I everything as long as I's against Christ in the Old Testament?

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: BarneyFife

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
You done went delusional on us
crazy.gif

Maybe there a nice nut hut you can check in to in your area so you can get back on your meds!
I just LOVE this. This shows, reveals, proves and confirms the grand sum total of your ethical, mental and Scriptural grounding, capability, achievement and integrity.
O, how I love his kind of whit!

It proves just what I say the more,

That if one has no Sword to settle score,

To impress, with foam and slob he seizes fit.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What a fresh load of horse hockey that all is... you got that comedy thing going View attachment 40998

If you're put that energy in to studying God's Word for your self rather than reading the letters from the SDA home office (required reading apparently so one doesn't get dis fellow shipped)... you might learn something.

Wake up homie... we not in the old covenant no mo! View attachment 40999

Wake up, Pascal... GE not a Seventh-day Adventist—a fact which he'd be perfectly happy with which to enlighten you, if he cared to entertain your steady flow of innocuous assumptions that make your posts a trove of idle words with which I fear you will not be pleased to meet in the judgment.

The baseless accusations you constantly hurl at people about whom you know nothing may prove to be much more of a concern to you in the future than the hopefully ignorant hostility you exhibit toward the 4th commandment and its defenders.

This is why you lump every absurd imagination you have about Sabbatarian beliefs into Seventh-day Adventistm.

It is maliciously dishonest to claim that Seventh-day Adventists, in general, teach and believe that people who don't agree with them are not saved and will burn in hellfire. If you had enough integrity to provide some non-anecdotal evidence of this claim you could possibly be taken seriously, although it's becoming increasingly obvious that you have no such aspiration.

Your insults, goading, and harassment are reaching critical mass and, IMO, will likely result in your departure if your pattern of behavior persists.

Rules are rules, after all, and your claims of "upsetting squishy people" have no bearing on them since the rules only mention "upsetting" and make no exceptions for "squishiness."